The Bird and the Garden 2: Re...

Oleh SecretMinty

The second book of The Bird and the Garden, taking place after the Good Ending. With Y/N and Vao's lives havi... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Chapter 2: It Lives
Chapter 3: Beacon
Chapter 4: The Initiation
Character Introductions
Chapter 5: A New Life
Chapter 6: Class
Chapter 7: Shadows Creep
Chapter 8: It Begins
Chapter 9: The Murder
Chapter 10: Revelation
Chapter 11: Recovery
Chapter 12: Upcoming Events
Chapter 13: The School Dance
Chapter 14: The Club
Chapter 15: Forbidden Knowledge
Chapter 16: Verde's Secret
Chapter 17: There Will Be Bloodshed
Chapter 19: Uncovered Truths
Chapter 20: The Beginning
Chapter 21: Innsmaw
Chapter 22: Insanity
Chapter 23: Vytal Festival
Chapter 24: Paradise
Chapter 25: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 26: Vao Versus Ruby
Chapter 27: Nightmares
Chapter 28: Rain Over Innsmaw
Chapter 29: Withdrawn
Chapter 30: Escape
Chapter 31: Making a Mistake
Chapter 32: Hell
Chapter 33: Everything is Wrong
Chapter 34: Fugitives
Chapter 35: Interview
Chapter 36: Vale News Department
Chapter 37: Lisa Lavender
Chapter 38: Sasha, Part One
Chapter 39: Sasha, Part Two
Chapter 40: Questions
Chapter 41: Memories
Chapter 42: The Training, Part One
Chapter 43: The Training, Part Two
Chapter 44: War on Vale
Chapter 45: Salem, Part One
Chapter 46: Salem, Part Two
Chapter 47: Salem, Part Three
Chapter 48: Evil's Reality
Scrapped Ideas
Epilogue: Don't Leave Me

Chapter 18: Kill

85 5 17
Oleh SecretMinty

The police cruiser was nearly out of Vale, the officers not really feeling like talking. Not with a pedophile in the back. It really ruined the mood. Rojo sighed, pulling at his handcuffs. Reaching for his back pocket, hidden behind his back. He leaned forward, pressing is face against the mesh cage.

"Hey, say something. I'm bored," he groaned. The passenger slammed his fist against the mesh, forcing him back.

"Shut your mouth. Your ass shoulda been put on Death Row the first time."

Rojo sighed, trying his best to keep them distracted. All he needed was a little time, having to force back a smirk as the hairpin fell into his palms. "Oh come on, it's a long trip ain't it? Beacon's what, three hours away? We haven't even left the city!"

"Don't care what a revolting thug like you wants to say," the driver growled. "Molesting your own daughter... You make me sick."

Rojo sat on his wrists to muffled the clicking of the pin inside the lock, leaning on the backseat casually. "Then can you turn the radio on at least? Some music would be nice."

The officers looked at each other before the driver nodded curtly. The passenger moved his hand, touching the radio dial - only for his heart to stop in his chest. Rojo had picked the lock, slamming his hands against the mesh. The metal gave way with ease, his smirk already returning. With one punch, he knocked out the passenger before reaching his arm around the driver and locking him into a chokehold. The officer let go of the wheel, trying desperately to pull his arm away. The vehicle swerved violently to the left and right, cars barely screeching out of the way in time. Rojo leaned to the officer's ear, his low chuckle resonating in his ear drums.

"Heard you don't have an Aura. Makes my life easier."

The officer felt the rapist's hand plant against the back of his head, and with one twist his neck was snapped in two. Rojo leaned forward, grabbing the wheel and regaining control of the car as he climbed into the front, pushing the driver's corpse out of the door. He spun the wheel, the police cruiser sliding on two wheels as it screeched around. Rojo floored it, already knowing where to find the ones who humiliated him. Salem told him everything.

He glanced at the unconscious passenger before reaching over and ripping his pocket off his chest, a key card falling to his lap. Rojo picked it up and pressed it against the sensor of his ASS collar, the device popping loose, being tossed out the window like garbage. He shoved the officer out of the car, pressing his foot so hard into the pedal so hard it began to warp under his boot. And finally he stopped smiling.

He was snarling. He had never felt this angry in his life. To be taken down by a bunch of kids felt degrading. He made up his mind - he didn't care what Salem wanted. He was going to kill every last one of them.

And gripped tightly in his hand was something he had smuggled away while he was fighting FRSB.

Six of Vao's adrenaline shots.

...

When Ironwood had told Y/N he was taking them to a restaurant, he had t expected it to be this place, of all the places you would find military personnel. Junior's Club.

When Vao burst through the doors in a dramatic fashion, still completely shirtless, he was met with the whistles cheers of partygoers and mafia members alike. Y/N looked up at Ironwood in confusion.

"E-erm... Si- J-Jim? Why are we here? I thought we were going to a restaurant?"

"I do enjoy the spaghetti, here. And besides, Vao can let loose without having to be held back, correct?"

Y/N looked to his shameless brother, who was already emptying bottle after bottle. That couldn't be good for his liver. His liver probably looked like flattened shit by now. Some of the mafia members had begun to approach, greeting Y/N cheerfully.

"Yo! Goods ta see yous!" One of them shouted over the music, holding his fist out for a bump. Y/N awkwardly accepted it, hoping this didn't come back to bite him in the ass. If Ironwood found out they got Verde to join a mafia, he didn't want to imagine what the military general would do to him. Ironwood arched an eyebrow.

"Oh, you're familiar with this place? Let us discuss the spaghetti then," he said happily. Y/N didn't have a choice as the General put a hand on his back, leading him towards the booths. Verde was about to make her way upstairs when Melanie approached, pointing at her curiously.

"Okay, what happened? Vao's bleeding, Y/N looks like he got his ass beat, Sasha is covered in bruises, and you're wearing Vao's shirt. Just how hard did you party?"

"Oh, u-um-"

"And you didn't invite us!" Melanie shouted angrily. "I hate missing Vao's parties!" Melanie dragged Verde off to the bar, the artist's boots sliding across the dance floor. Sasha looked around, feeling lonely. The giantess decided to check on her friends, one by one. She decided to start with Vao - only to turn around and walk the opposite way. And why was that?

Because Vao was piss drunk, breakdancing his girly ass off. Sounds normal? Yeah, it would've been normal if he hadn't been in his underwear under the cheers of the mafia, his pants already hanging off the strobe lights. And of course, Verde was missing the entire scene because her back was turned. Sasha decided to chat with Y/N.

The general and the Rose were having a conversation about the specifics of Junior's spaghetti. The general seemed surprised. "Wait, wait - so Vao helps cook it? Are you sure he's that intelligent, to use a stove?"

Y/N shrugged, taking a sip from his water. "I was surprised, too... He can't even make cold cereal properly. He adds the milk first, and then the cereal! He thinks that's the way you're supposed to do it!"

Ironwood ran a hand through his hair. "Oh dear... Verde's dating a complete moron..."

"It gets better!" Y/N responded angrily. "He even eats ice cream with a fork! He puts broken egg shells back in the carton, and doesn't put the ketchup back in the fridge! He thinks room temperature ketchup is fine!"

Sasha was already mildly infuriated from hearing that. Probably wasn't best to talk with them. She made her way to the bar, where Verde was quietly talking with Melanie and Junior. The bodyguard wasn't smiling, her hand resting on the artist's shoulder. The crime boss was staring at Verde with his jaw dropped open, his half-smoked cigar stopped in front of his lips.

"Dude... I am so sorry..." Junior mumbled. Verde shook her head.

"It's okay. My boyfriend beat him up. He's a really amazing guy."

Junior, Melania, and Sasha turned to where Vao was partying. He was harassing the DJ, poking and prodding at the mask with a half-eaten brownie in his hand. Still wearing nothing but his undergarments. Junior scratched his head in embarrassment. "Your uh, boyfriend is hardly dressed. Verde dropped her apple juice, spinning around violently in the bar stool. A thin line of blood trickled from her nose, her face turning a dark shade of red. Sasha sighed; she didn't feel like ruining Verde's view, walking off.

She hung out by the wall, watching as everyone else had fun. If Yang, Blake, and Weiss hadn't been hospitalized, she would have bet her life savings that they would've hung out with her. Not that Weiss would come to the Club for anything other than work. And Sasha didn't even have a penny in her life's savings. She sighed, brushing a strand of scarlet hair from her face. At some point, Vao woke up sober, got his pants back on, and left. Sasha didn't know where he was going, but it would probably be best not to ask.

"Yo."

The giant looked down to see Milita staring up at her, a hand on her hip. "What's up? You're here all by yourself."

Sasha pointed at her friends with her thumb. "Y/N's complaining again, Verde's watching something, and Vao... I don't want to get involved." As she said that, someone punched Vao out cold, dropping the femboy on the floor. The partygoers reached into his long hair, fishing out a fifty lien bill that he had tucked away for safekeeping. Long story short, Vao got mugged. Milita nodded understandingly.

"... Yeah. Alright. Come on, we'll hang out together. Cardin's in the back! Let's go!"

Sasha sighed in relief, following the bodyguard through a door behind the bar. Verde had passed out, Junior and Melanie trying to cool her off with a fan.

They could still hear the music as they entered the backrooms. Club music was loud. As they entered an unmarked room, Sasha spotted Cardin immediately on the couch, his head tilted back and staring at the ceiling. The room smelled funny.

"Bro... We need to like, build a plane..."

Sasha held her hand out to Cardin, glaring at Milita suspiciously. "The fuck's wrong with him? Why are his eyes so red?"

"I'm baked like a Cheez-It!" Cardin cried happily. Milita shrugged and nodded her head.

"We've just been smoking some weed together. Want to join us?"

Sasha contemplated it. Marijuana wasn't as bad as other things she had done. She sighed, slumping her shoulders. "Alright, pass that pipe." When Milita took the pipe from Cardin's hand, the ginger began to cry.

"Noo... Pete the Pipe..."

Sasha raised the pipe to her lips before pausing, wiping the mouth piece with her thumb before pressing it to her lips. Milita had the lighter, standing on her toes to light the plant inside. As Sasha breathed in, she could feel herself growing light headed. Pulling away from the glass pipe, she coughed a bit.

"Holy... Shit! What the hell is this? This hits hard!"

Milita smirked. "Vao and Junior grow it together when they're hanging out. There's enough weed here to supply the entirety of Vale twice over!"

She seemed very proud of the illegal crime. But Sasha didn't care. She was already in a mafia, so who was she to try and say it was wrong? The giant stepped over to the couch, sitting down next to Cardin and leaning back. The ginger looked up, his eyes all droopy and red.

"Ohh, it's my bestest friend..."

Sasha snickered. "How high are you?"

"No, no, it's 'hi, how are you'," Cardin giggled. Sasha laughed, the marijuana already affecting her head. Milita had a joint in her hand, smoking it as she watched in amusement.

"Yo, I gotta question," she asked. Sasha nodded her head, letting the bodyguard speak. Milita held her hand out in a shrug. "So like, I noticed you were really uncomfortable when we asked if you wanted to join the mafia. Everyone else was super pissed at Vao, but you were just worried after you left the basement. You're even smoking with us. What's up with that?"

Sasha sighed, leaning forward with a baked smile on her face. "Okay, okay, hear me out. Back when I lived in Vacuo, I was in a gang. Loan sharks and the like," she admitted. Cardin seemed amazed.

"Wooaaah... My bestie is a gangster!?"

"... Technically, we're all gangsters," Milita muttered.

Sasha just nodded, patting Cardin on the shoulder with another sigh. "Yep. Gangs are nothing new to me. I was worried this one would be like everywhere else: full of people who would stab you in the back if you said the wrong thing. This place though... You're all just friends. Talking, laughing and joking, it's... Normal? Is that the right word?"

Milita snickered. "Girl, I don't think you could call a criminal organization 'normal'. The best way to put it is that we're all family, like Vao and the Boss always say. Even Weiss has been growing somewhat comfortable! I think we have a good thing going here!"

Sasha laughed cheerfully. The weed was already making her feel better after the fight with Rojo. "Yeah, it's actually... Fun. I've never really been able to talk with anyone while doing drugs, so this is completely new! And I got this stud here with me!"

Cardin was higher than a kite and couldn't tell if she was talking about him or Milita. He grinned pervertedly, wiggling his ginger eyebrows. "Ooh, lesbo action..."

Milita scoffed. "And you were always making fun of Vao. She's talking about you, you halfwit."

Cardin still didn't get it, smiling like an idiot and taking another hit off his pipe. Sasha just sighed, a small smile on her lips. "Forget it, Milly. I'll just tell him when he's come down."

Milita grinned at her nickname. "Milly? Is that who I am now?"

"Yup."

Milita chuckled, pointing at Sasha. "Then howzabout I give you a new nickname? Something better than 'Biceps'." She scratched her head thoughtfully. There really wasn't many nicknames for Sasha. It was much too short. But Milita wasn't dumb. She came up with something. "What about... Sassy?"

"I'd rather stick with Vao's name," Sasha grumbled. "Just call me Sasha."

Milita nodded, opening her mouth to speak. But before she could even utter a sound, a loud crash made her freeze in place.

...

Rojo could already see the Club ahead. A couple mafia members were outside smoking cigarettes, having a conversation. Rojo gritted his teeth, bracing himself for impact. The mafia members saw the car speeding towards them, diving out of the way as the vehicle slammed through the door, rolling across the main room until it was upside down. Junior's head snapped up, his eyes widening in surprise. Y/N and Ironwood were already standing, only to freeze when they saw the driver punch through the bottom of the car, climbing out.

Rojo stood, the syringes in his fist. "Hey, buddy. Payback's gonna be a bitch, ain't it?"

Neither Y/N nor Ironwood had time to move as Rojo slammed the needles into his neck, pushing them all down at once. He could feel his Aura rising, his breathing becoming ragged and heavy.

"Oh... Oh SHIT that's good! Alright! I'll show you a fucking party!" He laughed. His eyes began to glow, his Semblance beginning to activate. Ironwood looked up in horror, diving for the ground.

"Get down! GET DOWN!"

Rojo's Force exploded from his body, launching the mafia members who were too close. Junior popped his head from behind the counter, a handgun held tightly in his hands.

BLAM, BLAM!

Rojo rolled to the side, lifting a table and throwing it with everything he had. The crime boss was forced to move out of the way, pulling Verde with him as they bolted up the stairs to safety. Ironwood charged forward, swinging his fist. But Rojo had raw adrenaline coursing through his veins - he moved too fast, slamming his fist into the general's right side and activating his Semblance. Ironwood felt a sharp pain as the cybernetics were blasted to pieces, launching him across the room with shrapnel burying itself deep into his skin. But Rojo didn't move to finish him off. He was glaring at Y/N, who stared in horror.

"... You have got to be fucking kidding me," Melanie groaned. She already knew all about Rojo. Verde told her. Y/N drew his katana, his teeth gritting against each other.

"What the hell is in those adrenaline shots!? His Aura is maxed out!"

"Vao made those himself! They're stronger than what you'd get anywhere else! But they wear off if you use too many! If you can just hold him off, his Aura will drop again!"

Y/N didn't have time to answer her, diving out of the way as Rojo charged, slamming his fists into the marble floor and breaking it to pieces. Gunshots rang out as the mafia tried to help Y/N. But with his Aura brimming to the max, the bullets only scratched at Rojo as he pounded on his massive chest, screaming in fury.

"You rotten little shit! I don't care what Miss Salem wanted! I don't care about my shitty daughter! I'm going to murder you! This is personal!" He boomed. He was already charging at Y/N. Vao had left the Club at some point earlier, making his way to an unknown location. That left Y/N to fight a pissed off Rojo alone. Y/N dive out of the way as a table soared past, crushing three of the mafia members against a wall and killing them instantly. Rojo had already begun to move, catching up to Y/N with ease and grabbing the sides of his head, lifting him off the ground.

"Was a black belt in Atlesian Martial Arts, you know. At some fancy, stuck up private school!"

He slammed Y/N against the wall, gripping his left ankle and slamming him into the ground like a ragdoll.

"Wouldn't have had to join the military if they didn't kick me out! Too violent, they cried! Too dangerous! They called me batshit insane!" He screamed. His eyes began to glow, and his smile grew. "And they were absolutely right! I'm fucking crazy!"

His Force exploded again, sending Y/N tumbling across the dance floor. Rojo's footsteps were like thunder as he stalked forward, his fists balled so tightly that his knuckles were as white as bone.

"I'm crazy... Had to lie my way through the military interviews!"

He sat down on Y/N's chest, pinning his arms underneath his knees. His shoulders rose as he slammed his fist into Y/N's chest, the teenager crying out from the impact.

"Lied to everyone!"

SLAM!

"I just wanted the chance to kill people! To hurt them!"

SLAM!

"But I've never wanted to hurt someone as much as you! You cocky little shit!"

Rojo unleashed hell into Y/N's chest, pulverizing his ribs. Rojo hopped to his feet, lifting him off the ground and throwing him against the wall, holding his barely conscious body by the hair.

"After I'm done with you? I'll kill Vao, too. He hit me with a damned car! It didn't feel good at all!"

He slammed his fist into Y/N's gut and activated his Semblance at the same time, blood spewing from his lips, trickling down his chin. Rojo laughed like a maniac, showing the depths of his psychosis.

"And then I'll kill that giant!"

SLAM!

"And Verde too! That little bitch thinks she stands a chance!? I'll put her in her damned place! I'll show here EXACTLY where women belong on the food chain!"

He elbowed Y/N in the mouth, knocking several teeth out before tossing him to the side. Melanie soared into the air, trying to land one strike. But Rojo caught her bladed heels in his hands, snapping them off like twigs from the branch. He slammed his forehead into her chest, activating his Semblance again. Melanie was sent flying across the room, slamming into the door next to the backrooms as it opened, Sasha bending down as she stepped into the club. Her eyes widened when she saw Rojo, her jaw dropping open.

"T-there's no way..."

Rojo snarled, stomping his foot into the ground. "You! You're the bitch who hit me with a light pole!" He screamed in fury. He already began charging, dropkicking Sasha before she could activate her Semblance. Miltia tried to swing at Rojo, but he backhanded her away. Cardin rocketed from the doorframe, his mace in his hand as he slammed it down on Rojo. The steel shattered as Rojo blocked it with his shoulder, startling the ginger. Rojo smirked.

"Birth defects, baby! Gotta love them!"

He thrust his knee in between Cardin's legs, bringing him to his knees as he lifted him off the ground. Rojo began to run, barreling back towards Y/N.

"Stupid soulless gingers belong with the fucking trash!" He hollered. With a loud yell, he launched Cardin at Y/N, who held out his arms to catch his friend. He was clearly shaken from the experience.

"Y-Y/N, what the hell is that thing!?"

"It's Rojo! Verde's father!"

"But I thought General Ironwood was her dad!?"

Y/N didn't have time to respond, tackling Cardin to the ground as the police cruiser soared through the air. Rojo, having no weapons of his own due to spending three years in prison, had made his own. He slammed the car around furiously, his mouth open in a scream of raw, unfiltered hatred.

"Die! Die! Die, Y/N! Die like the miserable scrap of filth you are!" Rojo thundered. He spun in a circle one, twice, and then threw the car at him. Y/N tried to dodge, but one of the side mirrors cracked off the back of his head, knocking him to the ground.

The entire room spun, and Y/N felt sick. He knew he had a concussion. Rojo slammed his fists against the ground in fury, charging at Y/N like a bull. He grabbed the Huntsman in training, lifting him off his feet and slamming him into the ground. He grabbed him by the hair again, giving it a sharp tug. Rojo grinned, his eyes showing the extent of his fury. Y/N had never seen anyone look like that. He never thought someone could grow to hate another that much. When he stared into Rojo's eyes in terror, he knew he had spoken the truth earlier. Rojo was insane - not just his overwhelming physical strength, but his mind. In his head, Rojo saw nothing wrong with his actions, his crimes. He didn't feel a shred of guilt for what he did to Verde, not even a glimmer.

"You're fucking dead, Y/N. You, and every last member of your family. They'll see you soon enough! Whatever waits for you in the afterlife, they'll see your mangled body! Mommy and Daddy will get the same thing you're about to get! Hear me!? I'll end your filthy bloodline!"

Rojo planted his hands in the sides of Y/N's head, his eyes beginning to shimmer.

"Missy Salem told me the weaknesses of your Semblance. I don't have any Dust. That leaves your head, right? If I destroy your head, you die, right!? I'm right, aren't I!?"

Y/N struggled, fumbling for his weapon. He had to get Rojo off before his Semblance activated and crushed his skull. Rojo's eyes began to glow brighter and brighter, the murderer focusing every ounce of strength into his Semblance. He wanted to make sure there was nothing left after he was done with Y/N.

"Ha... Ha ha! Ha ha ha ha! You were the best fight I had in years, Y/N! You and Vao actually pissed me off! Hurt my delicate feelings! I'll reward you with a quick death! Once Force crushes you, there won't even be a red mist left! You'll die in an instant! Just like a bee... Sting...?"

Rojo's eyes flickered and began to dull, feeling his Semblance beginning to fade. The adrenaline shots were wearing off, draining his Aura back to nothing. Y/N was too desperate to live to notice it. With one thrust of his katana, the blade slid through Rojo's chest, poking through his back.

Y/N felt his mind go blank. Rojo stared at him with wide eyes, his breaths coming short. And finally, Y/N felt it.

Thump-thump. Thump-thump.

He could feel Rojo's heart beating through the handle of his weapon, trying to pump blood through the blade. Rojo released his hold on him, stumbling back and staring at the katana in silence. And when he looked back up at Y/N, he coughed.

"You... You actually..."

He was gasping, watching the look of pure horror in Y/N's face. Rojo smirked, a raspy chuckle escaping his throat.

"Heh... How... H-hilarious. You're a killer, now. Just like me..." Rojo looked back down at the wound, his smiling faltering. "Man... That really hurts... I probably don't have much longer. Surprised I'm even still standing..."

Y/N trembled where he stood. Even if he wasn't holding his weapon, he could still feel it in his hands. The slow, rhythmic beating of another man's heart, slowing down as it bled out. He could feel a distressed cry building up in his throat, his eyes growing wet. Rojo snickered at the sight.

"... You're... J-just a kid... A kid, with one kill under his belt. My death - it's on you. When you close your eyes at night, you'll see me. When you hold this... Shitty weapon, you'll feel my life fading." His smile fell, looking at Y/N with hatred. "... I see what Miss Salem disliked so much about you. You're just some cocky brat who thinks the world is a happy go lucky fairytale. That you'll never have to spill blood. That's not how it works. It won't end with me. Your friends will die, and you'll kill many more. That's what being a hero is: killing others for the sake of the world... And if you plan to stop Miss Salem... Well..."

Rojo shambles forward, swaying in his feet as he leaned against Y/N, whispering into his ear.

"You'll have to kill your little sister's body, too... Won't you?"

His low, deep chuckle was muffled through a mouthful of blood. And finally, he went limp, his eyes glazing over as his corpse slid to the floor at Y/N's feet.

Drip... Drip, drip...

Y/N didn't have the strength to wipe at his eyes. He had just killed someone. Even if it was someone like Rojo, he knew he would never forget the feeling of killing another person. He could feel his head beginning to split as his fingers gripped his hair, a choking sound escaping his lips. Junior and Verde peered down the stairs, the crime boss running up to him.

"Y/N! Y/N, holy shit! Are you okay!?"

But when Junior tried to touch Y/N, the boy flinched away, staring up at him with terror.

"N-no... Don't... Don't touch me... D-don't touch me!"

Verde stared down at the corpse of her biological father. She couldn't feel any sorrow for him. He was a rapist, a pedophile, and a killer. He was her walking nightmare. But that didn't stop her from feeling sorrow for Y/N. When she looked into his eyes, she could see how traumatized it had left him.

Did the readers forget who's writing this story, because of the comedy aspect it shows? Y/N is only seventeen. A seventeen year old, normal kid. He's not some sort of overpowered protagonist who could kill people and sleep it off. He's human, just like everyone else. And it's the same with Vao; even if the femboy hated someone with all his heart, he wouldn't be able to deal with taking someone's life too easily. Killing anyone, even if they were as bad as Rojo, affects harshly. Like humans.

Y/N dropped to his knees, curling into a ball as he rested his forehead against the floor. He felt sick. He felt like he was about to throw up. Junior reached again, but stopped. With a shaky sigh, he turned to a few of his men.

"... Get that body out of here. He doesn't need to see it," he ordered. The suited men nodded, hurrying to lift Rojo's corpse off the ground. Junior looked to Verde and Sasha. "... You two know him better than I do. I think... I think it's best you take it from here. Just... Try to get him to see it's not his fault. And someone call Vao, let him know what's up."

Verde immediately dialed his number. But behind her, something vibrated on the floor. Vao's scroll had been left behind, abandoned when he left the Club. Junior groaned.

"Forget it. We can tell him when he gets back. Take Y/N upstairs to my room, get him some food and water. First door on the right."

Sasha and Verde stepped up to him, gently pulling him to his feet. Y/N was unresponsive, staring at the ground with wide, frightened eyes. Small, quiet whimpers escaped his throat, his feet dragging against the ground. Junior sighed, rubbing his hand against his face.

Y/N was too young to do that, he knew. Even though killing people was common for hitmen, that wasn't what Y/N was. That was the same reason Vao was just a drug dealer and hired muscle - they were just kids. He bent down and picked up a strip of wood, staring at it emptily. Even if he was worried, he needed to fix the Club.

And in the corner, Ironwood stared ahead, his brain throbbing as he thought hard. Rojo had mentioned Salem's name. If that wasn't alarming enough, the fact that Salem wanted Y/N and Vao was horrifying. With a groan, he sat up and fished his scroll from his pocket. The device was shattered to pieces. Ironwood sighed quietly, using the wall to stand up on his one leg.

He needed to alert Ozpin. Whatever Salem wanted with Y/N and Vao, it wasn't good.

And far off, Salem felt it, even inside Ruby's body. It knew Rojo failed. And with a snarl, it grit it's ugly teeth.

...

As Y/N was fighting Rojo, Vao was back on Patch, standing in front of a house. His mom's house, specifically. He really didn't want to do what he was about to do, but after seeing just how bad Verde had it, he knew he didn't have the right to act like he was suffering. He kicked at the door with his foot, shaking the wood against it's frame. He could already hear his mother cursing loudly about the potential damage, followed by a pair of footsteps. As the door swung open, Raven glared at him.

"... Why are you bleeding? And why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

"I beat up a jacked nonce and got my arse kicked," Vao growled. Raven stared at him for a moment before narrowing her eyes.

"... Did you win?"

"Still standing, ain't I mum?" Raven stared at Vao for a couple moments longer before ruffling his hair.

"That's my boy. Come on in, I'll make you a drink just for that. We'll get you fixed up, too."

Vao groaned as he followed her inside, shutting the door behind him. Oobleck was at the kitchen table, reading a newspaper and sipping off his coffee. When he saw Vao, he smiled kindly.

"Good afternoon, Vao! You look... Hurt? Did something happen!?"

Raven winced at the volume of his voice. "Indoor voices, please..." Oobleck grinned sheepishly, setting the paper down. Raven pat Vao's back proudly. "Apparently, he got into a fight with a pedophile. Dunno what that has to do with his missing shirt, though."

Vao didn't want to go into details with them. That wasn't his decision to make. He sat down at the table with his flask in his hand, glaring at Oobleck as he took a sip. He was thinking about just leaving and not looking back. His history teacher smiled as Raven prepared another cup of coffee for Vao, setting it down in front of him before taking a seat next to Oobleck. She also set down a bandaid for him. A single bandaid. Vao picked up the medical item and held it up angrily.

"Just one bandaid? You said you'd fix me up?"

"Walk it off," Raven growled. Still as strict as ever. Vao growled under his breath, sticking the bandaid against his bleeding forehead as he sipped off his flask, not bothering with his coffee. He didn't even think his mother liked coffee. No doubt whatever Oobleck put in his got her addicted. Vao suspected there was crack in it, and he wasn't about to try crack. He was low, but not that low. The doctor folded his hands neatly in front of him, flashing Vao a gentle smile.

"So, what brings you here today, Vao? I was under the impression you were on a mission."

His voice was quieter, but it was far from slow. Vao had to mentally process what Oobleck said to him before responding.

"... Oi, cunt. Does it look like I'm in shape to go on a fucking mission? Or do you need new glasses?"

"Vao!" Raven shouted angrily. Vao covered his head as she smacked him, grumbling under his breath. Oobleck laughed heartily, waving his hand in the air.

"Oh no, it is quite alright! I am simply pleased he came to visit!" The doctor dropped his smile, leaning over the table. "Speaking of visits! Your mother tells me that before she was hired at Beacon Academy you did not visit once!"

Vao answered immediately and without thinking about it. "Why would I want to? My mum is scary."

Raven gasped, a look of genuine hurt on her face. "Are you really scared of me!?"

Vao had a visible moment of realization before waving his hands in panic. "I am terrified of you, but I love you mummy!" He wailed. "You just hit me a lot and laugh at me for being a cripple!"

"I'm just trying to prepare you for the real world is all!" Raven replied defensively. "You don't need to be scared of your own mother!"

For a split second, Vao vividly recalled being chased through the forest with Cardin and Y/N because he drank his mother's liquor when he was a kid, before Ruby got mean. He wasn't going to say anything about that though. That's not what he was here for. He sighed, taking another sip from his flask

"Look, mate. I'm here to talk to you, actually."

He was pointing at Oobleck. The doctor seemed surprised, but Raven just scowled. "Vao, you are not fighting your stepfather."

"Wot? That's not wot I meant!"

"Doubt it."

"Why does no one trust me!?"

"Because you're a liar!"

Vao really couldn't argue with that. She was not wrong by any means. He groaned, eyeing the coffee curiously. Even though he suspected it was laced, Vao had never drank coffee before. He found himself curious. He pointed at it.

"Okay, wot drugs are in this?"

Oobleck adjusted his glasses. "Ah yes! Drugs are a common name for anything that alters the brain! However, I do not drug my coffee! I simply put sugar in it!"

"... Sugar as in cocaine, right?"

Raven scowled. "What the hell is wrong with you, Vao? You don't even know what cocaine is."

Vao wasn't about to tell his mom that he was out selling drugs at school. She'd ground him for months - yeah, that's what Vao was worried about most. Not going to prison, but being grounded. He sighed, setting his flask down and taking a sip. Oobleck and Raven watched intensely, waiting for his reaction. As Vao took an experimental sip from the mug, he set it down and licked his lips.

"... Where's the bite?"

"There is no bite in coffee. It's non-alcoholic," Raven grumbled. Vao sighed, pouring the contents into the coffee and stirring it with his finger before tasting it again. He liked it a bit better. He finished the drink, looking up at Oobleck.

"... Hey, Four Eyes."

"Yes, Cripple?"

Vao almost lost his temper, Raven hiding a smirk. The drunk groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Ugh... Let's go... Wherever. You and me."

"You and I? Really!?"

Vao nodded. "I... Learned I don't have it that bad because you're dating me mum. Some people have real shitty parents. So how about we go and spend the day together?"

Raven and Oobleck looked at Vao like he was crazy. The woman pressed the back of her hand against his forehead, feeling for his temperature. Vao was not amused. After a moment, Oobleck beamed.

"Of course I would love to spend the day with you! Would you still enjoy a trip to Pumpkin Pete's Amusement Park!?"

"... How old do you think I am?"

"Judging by your mental capacity and inability to read or write, I would assume very young!"

"I'm seventeen, you fucking knob!" Vao shouted angrily. He looked away, kicking at the legs of his chair with the back of his boot. "... Seventeen and want to go to Pumpkin Pete's Amusement Park..."

Oobleck hopped to his feet excitedly. "Oh, joy! Vao will soon call me Daddy Oobleck! Joyous day!"

Vao hissed as he began moving towards the stairs to find a shirt in his old room. "I'm not calling you Daddy Oobleck! How about I call you Dickhead instead!?" Vao screamed in terror when Raven threw a plate at him, the dish shattering against the wall next to his head. Oobleck scratched his chin thoughtfully. He was beginning to see why Vao was quick to grow violent.

As Vao pushed open his bedroom door and stepped inside, he stopped when he saw someone sitting on his bed. He sighed, holding out his arms. "... Go ahead, mate..."

Qrow grinned, flipping to full auto as he squeezed down the trigger of the airsoft gun, spraying a barrage of stinging plastic pellets at Vao.

...

When Vao came back down the stairs, Raven glared at him. She was staring at his face, her brows furrowed in frustration. Vao scoffed. "Wot, am I pretty or something?"

"Why is your face covered in red spots?"

"Uncle Qrow shot me with an airsoft rifle again! And Yang stole my makeup earlier, so I can't hide it."

Raven groaned, pushing past Vao as she stomped up the stairs. Not even a second later, Qrow began screaming. Vao turned to Oobleck, ignoring his uncle's cries for mercy. His teacher was dressed in a fancy button up shirt and suit pants, a Polaroid camera hanging off his neck. "Bruv, wot the bloody hell are you bringing a camera for?"

"I thought it would be nice to take pictures! Your dear mother wants to see you with the Pumpkin Pete mascot!"

Vao grumbled something foul and horrendous under his breath. There was absolutely no way Oobleck was serious, right? But his teacher zoomed forward, grabbing Vao and taking a photo of them. He stared at the camera as it printed the photo, the scene coming in quickly. He frowned, looking at Vao with concern.

"Why aren't you smiling!?"

"Because I'm going to a theme park with the guy who's about to shag me mum, you halfwit!"

Oobleck just laughed. "Not yet! Let's be on our way!" Before Vao could start yelling, the teacher literally dragged him out the door and tossed him into his car, moving at blinding speeds as he climbed into the driver's seat and began to back out of the driveway.

Down the road, Vao felt uncomfortable. Here he was, spending time with Oobleck. If someone had told him he would be doing this a few months ago, he'd have pissed himself from laughing so hard. He groaned as Oobleck began to slow down at a yellow light.

"Drive!"

"Mr. Branwen! The law states that driver's must slow down at a yellow light and stop at red!"

Vao looked confused. "It does?"

Oobleck frowned again. "Don't you have a driver's license? You should know this very well! It is on the written exam!"

"Oh, that was multiple choice. I couldn't read it, so I guessed every question."

"And you got them all correct!?"

"Yeah?"

Oobleck didn't even want to scold Vao. That kind of luck was genuinely impressive. As he began driving again, he reached to the center console and opened it, pulling out a brown paper bag and handing it to Vao gently. The femboy took it, glaring suspiciously at the teacher.

"... Wot the hell is this?"

Oobleck didn't take his eyes off the road like the good driver he was. "A gift!"

"Why's it in this bag? Did you buy me weed!?" Vao started to look excited. Oobleck pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Vao, I do not condone the use of drugs. However, your mother told me you have been searching for something in particular for a long time! And so I tracked it down and purchased it! It was incredibly hard to find on account of it's rarity!"

"Oh, must be my will to live," Vao said as he opened the bag. His eyes widened in surprise when he saw what was inside. "P-Professor!?"

"Well, do you like it!?"

Vao pulled out the bottle, staring at the label in glee. "Mistral Sherbet! How in the bloody hell did you get this!? They don't sell it anywhere in Vale!" He was like a kid in a candy store, hugging the alcoholic beverage tightly, a bright and overjoyed smile on his face. Oobleck grinned, looking both ways before rounding a corner.

"I spent two thousand lien to fly to Mistral!"

Vao looked up in shock. "Why would you do that all for this one bottle?"

"Because you wanted it!"

"That... Hardly explains it."

Oobleck turned into the parking lot, stopping the car and turning it off. He looked at Vao with a kind smile, knowing that his gift had opened him up for a decent conversation. "Your mother told me that you would cry every night because you have never tasted Mistral Sherbet! So to make you feel better, I flew overseas to purchase it! I hoped it would make you happy!"

Vao looked down at the bottle, grinning as he popped it open and took a small sip. When he lowered the bottle, he wriggled in his seat like a schoolgirl. "I'm not even mad that my mum told you I cried! This is just as delicious as the rumors!"

Oobleck climbed out of the car with Vao, watching as the femboy skipped up to him. He seemed a bit more relaxed. "So wot's the plan, Mr. Oobleck!? Can we go on the roller coaster!?"

Oobleck looked up at the roller coaster in question. The thing almost touched the clouds, and had seven upside down loops. He already felt sick just looking at it. But he couldn't really tell Vao that. He just nodded his head with a weak smile.

"O-of course..."

The two paid for their tickets, walking through the busy amusement park. Vao was drinking from the bottle happily, trying to get every last drop. As they waited in line, he was already pissed.

"Ohh... I don't... Feel good..."

Oobleck made sure Vao was sitting behind him on the ride. As the roller coaster ascended the vertical climb, he rested his head against the seat. He was never good with heights. Vao leaned up, talking to Oobleck the entire time about how high they were. He was not helping.

And after the ride, Oobleck was hunched over the trash can with Vao next to him. The doctor took a few deep breaths, patting Vao's back gently. Vao was crying his eyes out.

"There there, Vao. It was awfully scary, wasn't it?"

Vao sniffled, wiping at his nose. "N-no, it was fun! But now I've gone and tossed up all the Sherbet!"

"Well, surely you have plenty left, right?"

"Do you know who I am, bruv!? I drank it all after we stepped through the gates!"

"You had the bottle for fifteen minutes!?"

To cheer him up, Oobleck took them to the haunted house attraction. It would've been fun if Vao wasn't hell-bent on fighting every actor in there. Who could really blame him though? He was in a school to fight Grimm, and some of the costumes were really convincing. Oobleck sighed, taking him to the theatre instead. The movie in question? A mobster movie.

Vao began pointing out the flaws in the movie. "He didn't listen to the Boss and he's forgiven? That ain't accurate! Why didn't he lose a finger?"

"... Vao, it is just a digital film."

"Oh come on, mate! They've got it all wrong! Where's the drugs? Where's the clubs, the music, the men in suits! They don't even have an underboss or an advisor! The boss always has an advisor!"

"... How do you know so much about the mafia hierarchy?"

Vao grinned, wishing he never said anything. "... Lucky guess, I suppose."

It was a few hours later when they began to leave. As they walked across the parking lot, Oobleck sighed. While the day was certainly chaotic with Vao causing trouble everywhere he went, including the bathroom, he had fun. Vao was snickering like an idiot, staring at his flask and drinking unhealthy amounts.

"Thanks, mate. I... Had a good time," Vao muttered. Oobleck smiled.

"Of course! However, please don't ever cause a scene in a public bathroom again! I did not enjoy talking with the police!"

Vao grinned, scratching the back of his head. He didn't know teachers could be so cool outside of school. He bit his lip, wondering if he should call Oobleck what was on his mind. But he figured he'd give it a shot.

"... Hey, Goggles?"

"Yes, Prosthetic?"

Vao groaned. He couldn't really say anything about that nickname. He started it, after all. Instead, he leaned on the roof of the car, tucking his hands underneath his armpits. "Can I ask you something?"

Oobleck nodded, his hand still resting on the handle to the driver's side door. "Of course! Whatever is bothering you?"

Vao bit his lip. His heart had begun to thunder just thinking about what he wanted to ask. His mouth suddenly felt very, very dry. Oobleck watched as Vao's typically goofy expression fell, falling to nervousness. Vao felt like he shouldn't ask. But Rojo had mentioned it directly. Vao couldn't ignore it, anymore.

"... Wot is a Salem?"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
685K 33.8K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
54.6K 768 14
After you saw your Team die and Beacon destroyed with your heart, all you wanted was revenge on the ones who did this. Qrow, Blake, Yang, and Weiss...
359K 142 10
Nico Di Angelo finds himself in a predicament as two alternate universes are brought into collision by fate itself. Here, there is no Will. There is...