Lost Boy || Leonardo DiCaprio

By AutumnCardigan

"I say I wanna settle down, Build your hopes up like a tower, I'm giving you the run around, I'm just a lost... More

Chapter 1: Local Fair
Chapter 2: Our First Conversation
Chapter 3: Lavender and Combat Boots
Chapter 4: Isn't She Lovely
Chapter 5: Baby, I Believe in You
Chapter 6: Do You Want to Be Friends?
Chapter 7: Secret Crushes on Each Other
Chapter 8: "You Keep Telling Yourself That"
Chapter 9: You Definitely Made My Day
Chapter 10: If the World Was Ending
Chapter 11: Sue Me
Chapter 12: Football and Homecoming
Chapter 13: Dancing Is Our Thing
Chapter 14: In Case You Haven't Noticed
Chapter 16: You Make Me Feel Whole
Chapter 17: Autumn Birthday Party
Chapter 18: He's Never Done That Before
Chapter 19: You've Messed Me Up
Chapter 20: Bottled Up Feelings
Chapter 21: The Best News You Could Have Given Me
Chapter 22: First Snowfall of the Season
Chapter 23: Love in the Twilight Zone
Chapter 24: "Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night"
Chapter 25: Christmas Morning
Chapter 26: Lost Boy

Chapter 15: The Golden Arches

455 12 34
By AutumnCardigan

"Hi," I whispered to Leo when I woke up the next morning.

"Hi," he echoed, giving me a small smile.

"I'm going to go downstairs for breakfast." I was already leaving his bed as he rolled over to look at me. I was worried that we were back to being distant again, unable to face him as I tied my hair in a low, temporary ponytail.

"Alyssa?" His voice sounded so husky and sexy at the moment.

"Yeah?" I was biting my lower lip as I stood at the door.

"I think you forgot something."

"What would I have forgotten? I mean, I'm not putting my shoes on yet."

"Just trust me. You forgot something. Come over here, and I can show it to you."

"Can't you just tell me what it is," I sighed extra quietly as I returned.

"Come here." He motioned me to bend lower with his finger as I flipped my hair back behind my shoulders.

"Okay, what is-" I was cut off by his lips on mine, him placing his index finger beneath my chin as he kissed me gently. After he pulled away I was just staring at him, partly in shock and the other in awe.

"You forgot to let me kiss you."

"We're doing that now? I mean, you're not going to decide you don't want that?"

"I'm okay with simple kisses like these. We don't have to do things fast, right?"

"Of course. I'm okay with taking things slow. Most guys are all about speed, so it's refreshing you aren't."

"Trust me, I used to be, until everything got fucked up in my life, but you're making it better again."

I grinned as my line of sight fell to the carpet, standing up straight again. "I'll just go get breakfast now." I knew I was blushing as I hurried down the stairs, Irmelin noticing when I reached the kitchen.

"Good morning. You look happy," she commented with a smile of her own.

"Yeah, I've had a really good morning so far. So, what are you making?"

"Just some pancakes. I just bought apple juice if you want that."

"I think I'll just stick to milk," I admitted, pouring myself a glass.

"So, when did Leo admitted that he liked you?" She was biting back a knowing smile as she pretended to be busy with cooking.

"What do you mean? I mean, how did you know?"

"By how happy you seem, and I could tell he wouldn't be able to keep it a secret much longer. I've never seen him this smitten with a girl."

"So, does that mean you want me to start taking the couch now?"

"No, I trust you two, and I know Leo's still shaken up about the divorce," she frowned. "If I could change anything about it, that would be it. I don't want him to grow up thinking love doesn't exist. Maybe things didn't work out with me and his father, but we were happy once, and I wouldn't trade my marriage that brought me Leo for anything."

"You're such a nice and strong person, Irmelin. Leo's really lucky to have you as his mom."

"Thank you. I really appreciate that. Now, do you want extra syrup on your pancakes this morning?"

"No, just the usual amount." I gave her a warm smile as Leo finally entered the room. It was going to be hard not to melt whenever I saw him.

I managed to tell Clementine the whole story before first period, her thrilled that my relationship was finally beginning to blossom. It was pouring rain right when school let out, Leo and I waiting out the downpour in his car in the parking lot.

"I love how it's just rain coming down. I mean, thunderstorms are nice from a distance, but they scare me if they're close or bad."

"Yeah, thunder can be soothing," Leo agreed, licking his lips before staring at the sheets of water on his windshield.

"It's kind of a gloomy day, weather wise, but I've had a really good one."

"Yeah, me too... Are you hungry?" He looked over at me as I saw a few students running for the buses.

"Yeah, I'm starving. I never eat enough at lunch here."

"Where do you want to go? I'd recommend fast food, but only because I'm short on cash," he softly chuckled.

"You don't have to pay for me. And fast food is fine. It actually sounds better than something healthy."

"You want to stop at McDonald's? I heard the McRib is back, if you like that kind of sandwich."

"Okay. I'm not sure what I want. Their chicken sandwiches are really good too, and their Big Macs are my favorite... I think I'm too hungry right now," I slightly giggled.

"That's okay. I'm really hungry too. Should we ask Tobey and Clementine to come with us? I think they're still in her car over there."

"If you want. I love hanging out with them, and I guess this would be our first time, you know... starting as a couple," I blushed faintly, worried I said too much.

"I guess it would be, but can we not put labels on this yet? I think things are better that way."

"Yeah, it does put less pressure on us. Do you want me to run over to them?"

"Nah, I don't mind getting wet," he claimed, running straight for the vehicle in the mist. He had his hoodie pulled over his head as he knocked on their window, me able to tell he was yelling so they could hear him. In a matter of a couple of minutes he was dashing back over, slamming the door after him. His navy blue jacket was drenched as he revealed his dry, blonde hair. "They said they'll meet us there after the rain lets up."

"I think it's going to rain for forever," I expressed.

"It feels that way. I think it was letting up a little bit when I came back though."

"Can you turn the car on? I'm getting kind of chilly." I hugged myself as he started the engine, allowing the air system to heat up. After another ten minutes we were able to leave, the rain still coming down steadily but much lighter. We parked at the restaurant with the golden arches, Clementine and Tobey laughing as we entered the doors together.

"I don't remember the last time it rained that hard. I think it was that freak thunderstorm where the whole city lost power this summer," Clementine guessed.

"I think I'll have the Daily Double sandwich. I haven't had that in awhile," I admitted as we all looked over the menus above the counter.

"I'm just going to get a Happy Meal. I'm not that hungry. Usually this is the time I have a snack," Clementine giggled a tiny bit.

Eventually all of our orders were in, and we were seated at a booth. Leo and I got our drinks together, me settling for a Coke as he did the same.

"I wonder what toy I got," Clementine gushed, causing Tobey to playfully roll his eyes.

"Is that why you ordered that," he wondered.

"Well, no, but I love what they're giving out right now. It's floating toys from The Little Mermaid. Aw! I got Flounder! I guess they're already on the second toy, since this has a two on it."

"Can I see it," I asked, looking at the adorable, small toy. "I wish Big Macs had these."

"Yeah, but I would gain so much weight. I mean, our favorite sandwiches with Disney toys would be a deadly combination."

"True," I agreed.

"Remember when we used to play on the play place out there," she asked, craning her neck in the direction of the area separated by glass behind us.

"Yeah, I was always scared of the swinging net, tube things."

"I always thought they were fun. Plus, you got to go down the slides at the end. The red one was always so much better! It twisted and curved and was really long. The yellow one was okay. It was pretty simple though, probably for smaller kids."

"But remember the static electricity? Anytime you touched one of the nails it hurt your fingers," I winced.

"I know right?! And my hair! You would not believe what my hair looked like afterwards. My mom had to start carrying a brush to fix it."

"My mom would tie my hair in a ponytail. I got scared climbing those purple square platforms too," I recalled.

"Yeah, they didn't scare me, but I hated it when some kid wouldn't take off their shoes and step on my hand. It really hurt."

"I used to sit on Ronald McDonald's lap. You know the statue on the bench in there."

"Oh yeah! I had my mom take pictures of me next to him. I'm scared of clowns now though. They creep me out."

"They don't bother me, but I'm not crazy about them," I admitted.

"I was so upset when I was too big for the play place! But I don't miss it anymore, obviously. Just the old memories."

"Yeah," I agreed, Leo and Tobey just silently eating and listening to us. "Are you disappointed you didn't get Ariel? She's probably the first toy they gave out."

"No, Flounder's really cute. I'm going to put him on my dresser when I get home," she shared.

"Yeah, Ariel's my favorite Disney princess."

"Yeah, she's a really great character. I think she might be mine too. I really love Beauty and the Beast though. Belle is so smart and such a great role model."

"Yeah, she's a strong character," I nodded.

"I think I'm going to order some dessert. I got hungry after eating."

"You do know McDonald's puts stuff in their food to make you hungry afterwards."

"Yeah, but I don't care. I still want some ice cream or maybe a cookie. I'll be right back," she promised, Tobey going along with her.

"I think it finally stopped raining," Leo observed.

"Yeah, it looks so wet and cold out there though," I shivered.

"Do you want any dessert?"

"No, I'm full from all of those fries with my sandwich. We can always just eat something at your house. You know, I'm going to really miss not staying there anymore. We only have like three more days. With school it doesn't feel like much." A frown crossed my lips as he mustered a weak smile.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. And then we have homework too."

"Yeah, I have stupid math homework every night," I groaned. "They never give us a break in that class."

"We can work on it together again," he reassured me.

"That means a lot, but I just wanted to hang out. But I guess that may or may not happen," I sighed, looking sadly down at the table top.

"We still have Saturday. We can spend the whole entire day together."

"I would like that," I faintly smiled, him kissing my cheek gingerly.

"Aw," gushed Clementine quite loudly, causing both of us to blush deeply. "I love our group, even just as friends, it's great."

"Yeah, it really is," I responded, feeling joy.

I waited on Leo in the car, since he said he needed to use the restroom before we left. Eventually we were back at his house, spending most of the evening completing homework. Even though Leo made it better, it was still frustrating and boring. I was disappointed that it was already eight o'clock by the time we were done. I felt extra tired since we had completed quite a bit of our science projects, which was a good thing.

"You want to watch something on t.v.? Usually the shows start at 8," Leo noted.

"No, I just want to spend time with you." I snuggled up to his side as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You want to call it an early night? I'm so fucking cold. I want to be under my blankets," he softly chuckled.

"Okay. I like hanging out in your room too," I beamed, us getting on the bed together after changing into our pajamas.

"I almost forgot," Leo randomly said, getting up and actually leaving the room. I sat up, feeling confused, since I swore I heard him going downstairs. When he showed back up he was slightly out of breath, holding something behind his back. "I thought you might like this." He was biting his bottom lip as he revealed the small, McDonald's plastic bag.

"You didn't...," I trailed off, tears welling into my eyes after I ripped it open. "How on earth did you get Ariel? Didn't they already sell out of her?"

"They had a few still in the basement."

"Didn't you have to get a Happy Meal to get this?"

"No, you can also request to just buy the toys."

"I really love it. Thank you so much." I gave him a hug, melting when he wrapped his arms securely around me. "I feel like it's my birthday again or something."

"Good, because I want every day to feel like that when I'm with you," he replied, me never feeling more special as he leaned in for a lingering peck.

"I have a feeling you are one of the best boyfriends."

"I guess you'll find out soon," he teased, causing me to laugh briefly and shake my head.

"I thought we weren't using labels."

"No, but if things keep going this good, then I want to." He brushed my hair away from my face as I lied my cheek against my pillow, us smiling at each other before we talked for a bit before falling asleep.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it. :) Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 76 12
"It isn't right, the risk of us. I'm trying my best. My hands are tied, I can't resist."
3.5K 144 9
"You promised to always be my best friend when the first house we owned together was my treehouse."
7.2K 193 9
"I want to get married someday and have kids, and I know those cards have never been on the table for you." "They weren't until I saw your hand."