Legacy (Book 5)

By mariaellez

The 5th book of the Daughter of The Game series is here. 'Legacy' follows the family as they navigate life. M... More

Hell on Wheels
By Your Side
Bully
Tough Love
Just Friends
Unhappy Camper
Surprise Visit
A Mother Always Knows
Imperfect Timing
Rocky Road
Smooth Sailing
Girl Fight
Rage
Changes
Do You Get Déjà vu
Tit for Tat
No Way
Crossing the Line
Work It Out
Heavy
Tightrope
Curveball
Baby Girl
About Damn Time
Unravel
Over the Limit
Never Easy
Ante Up
Talk It Out
Whirlwind
Lost It
Rift
Find a Solution
New Normal
Step Up
Move Along
Hesitation
Line of Fire
Plotting
Deceit
Here Comes The Pain
Scorned
Life Changing
Tough Adjustment
Familiar Faces
Check It
Train Wreck
Skeletons
One Last Rodeo
Road Block
Brotherly Love
Dead End
Battlefield
Blow Over
Snap Back
Sister, Sister
Starting Something
Tough Recovery
Call Home
Long Road Ahead
Rebuilding
Inferno
Correction
Only Love Could Hurt Like This
Moody
Baby Sister
Envious
Terminated
Birthday Boy
Birthday Brawl
It Takes a Village
Finish Line
Endless Love
Book 6 | All Grown Up

Truth Hurts

415 17 9
By mariaellez

|Vaughn's POV|

These past two weeks have been absolute hell. Uncle Shawn did not let up one bit. Like clockwork, I was up at 5am, running to the PC. My dad was still holding my phone hostage and said it was up to Uncle Shawn when I got it back. Asher wasn't joking when he said it'd be "over for me" once he saw me.

|Flashback|

This weekend with my uncles wasn't as relaxing as I wanted it to be. I was still sore and knew Uncle Shawn was going through with this punishment of his. There was no talking him out of it. Monday morning came quicker than I wanted. I was half sleep, finishing up my assignments for the day when Asher came in, closing the door. He didn't say anything. Honestly, I wasn't in the mood.

"Well damn, hello to you, too," I mumbled.

He just glared at me. I went back to what I was doing. I closed my computer, sighing. I was so happy to be done. For some reason the work is piling on. I thought Senior year was supposed to be a breeze.

"What's wrong?" Asher finally spoke.

"You being serious?"

"No shit. I just asked you, didn't I?"

"Alright. What's your problem and why do you have an attitude with me?"

"My problem is just how idiotic your stunt was on Friday. Matter of fact, get up."

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Asher, I don't know who you're talking to, but..."

Next thing I know I'm lifted out of the chair. I didn't even get a chance to fight back. His lips are on mine. It's a heavy kiss and I then felt a sting on my thigh.

"Asher!"

"There's more of where that came from if you ever pull some shit like that again. I was worried."

"I said I was sorry."

"One day you'll learn that an apology doesn't always fix things. Saying you're sorry doesn't change what happen. Why didn't you trust me of all people to have my back."

I tried to ignore him, but I felt another swat on my thigh.

"Stop!"

"Answer my question then," he countered, not budging.

"Ash, I know how you are and I know you don't even like who I was out with like that. So, telling you was going to stop me from doing what I wanted to do. You say you have my back and your loyalty is to me, then let me do what the fuck I want. Damn."

I was now irritated and he didn't seem phased at all.

"Do what you want, huh?"

"You know what I mean."

"I know that you're stubborn and a bit bratty at times. I can't stop you from doing anything, if we're being honest. Still, someone always needs to know your location. You think I share my location with you for shits and giggles?"

"No," I quietly replied.

I already knew where this conversation was going and I wasn't going to win.

"I said if anyone had my location it would be you. You told me the same, right?"

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"So if that's the case, why the hell did you turn yours off. You made yourself unreachable, V. That's dangerous as fuck. You don't know Florida like that to just be out here having a wild night."

"I don't need you or anyone else guilt tripping me about this. It's over and done with. Let it go."

He chuckled, but it was more of an annoyed laugh. I was pissing him off just as much as he was getting on my damn nerves at the moment.

"You think I'm fucking guilt tripping you?"

"Ash..."

"Me telling you that I care and was worried about you is far from a guilt trip. You're so stuck in your damn head you can't even see half of the shit you do wrong. Someone has to have a stipulation on the line for you to apologize and admit. Why can't you just take accountability for what you did from the jump?

"Ash..."

He held up his hand stopping me.

"Like hiding the indie wrestling from your parents. You knew you weren't supposed to be doing it. They told you no. After getting caught instead of falling back, you still kept pushing, right? You got what you wanted in the end so why does it matter. Or having me in your sisters apartment without them knowing? It was no big deal. They were over exaggerating, right? Now this? You are so fucking lucky to have people that care about you, Vaughn. You don't just have your parents, you have a whole damn army ready to fight for you. Stop taking that shit for granted."

"I'm not trying to..."

"Bullshit. A lot of what you do is manipulative. I'm not going to stand here and lie to you. You manipulated your way into private wrestling classes and moving to Florida. You try and talk circles around Claudio during our sessions. He just ignores you. Just this weekend you manipulated Mr. Shawn into letting you go out and you ended up at a club. So correct me if I'm wrong. Go ahead. I'll wait."

"Asher, I'm sorry. What else do you want me to say?," I whispered.

"I don't want you to say anything! Change, Vaughn, change how you move and stop thinking it's all about you. Your actions affect the people around you. Can't you see that?"

Silence.

"You had the NXT rooks worried something happened to you because you told us you were going home. Bash and Zach got brought into it when they called their friends to look out for you. Your parents? Imagine them getting the call from Mr. Shawn that he couldn't find you. Imagine the panic he and Mr. Kev felt at the howling alley and you were nowhere to be found?! Everything he's putting you through for your punishment is a cakewalk."

"No it's not," I mumbled.

"It's not? What, an obstacle course and a run to the PC is tough? You still get to train right? You still go home to a warm bed, right? What really shifted for you even though you scared the shit out of everyone else?"

I could feel the tears forming. Again, Asher wasn't phased. He shook his head at me, still not budging from his spot.

"I'm not going to tip toe and not keep it real with you. I hate this side of you. You say you want to be treated like an adult. How does this help? How can you be trusted when you lie? Why should you?"

"I hear you, Asher. It won't happen again. You have my word," I continued.

"Right, your word. I'll see you in the ring."

He gave me one final look before going to open the door. He damn near walked into Uncle Shawn.

"Sorry, Mr. Shawn. We were just talking."

Uncle Shawn nodded and Ash went on his way. The door closed once again.

"How much of that did you hear?"

"Pretty much everything."

"He hates me," I muttered, sitting back down.

"Asher doesn't hate you, Vaughn. He cares a lot about you and with how he speaks about you, he's in love with you. You're in love with him, too. Just how I was panicked Friday night, so was he."

"I messed up, I know. Do you think I'm manipulative?"

"Want me to be honest?"

"Uncle Shawn..."

"To some extent, yes. The fact that you're the baby of the family and have been allowed to get away with the most, doesn't help."

"I'm really sorry for what I did Uncle Shawn."

"No one says you're not. Still, you knew there would be consequences for your actions. You know spanking isn't the only form of punishment. Hell, you have barely been spanked. Izzy and Jamie as the oldest had it harder than the rest of you. Just like I have Cameron and Cheyenne, Cameron had it harder. So, take this consequence on the chin and we'll move on from it. I'm not easing up, so don't asked me about it again."

"I won't."

"You finish your work for the day?"

"Yeah. Sent everything in."

"Alright. Get down to the ring, then."

"Okay."

I stood and he kissed my cheek.

"See you later. Whatever is on your mind and going through your head, don't take it in the ring. You have to learn to separate business and personal. Alright?"

I nodded. He was right but the words Asher said hit hard. They weren't lying when they said the truth hurts.

-
Today was my last day of my punishment. I was up at 5 without Uncle Shawn having to wake me and downstairs by the door before him.

"Good morning," he said, kissing my forehead.

"Morning."

"No running this morning, I have something else planned."

I raised my brow, but followed him outside and into the car. Knowing him, this could be anything. We arrived to the PC and I saw Asher leaning against his car. Since that talk, we hadn't really spoke. That was more on me than him. I was still processing what he said and upset. We practiced together, but that was about it. In our entire friendship/relationship, whatever you call it, we've never really had a big fight.

"What..."

"Go talk to him."

"He..."

"Nope. You two need to talk this out and move on. What happened, happened. He said what he said and honestly, you needed to hear it. Don't be upset with him for that."

"I'm not," I mumbled.

"Yeah, you are. You've been giving him the cold shoulder when he had every right to be upset with you. Go fix it."

"Fine."

I was about to jump out of the car, but he pulled me back.

"Slam my door and you'll have a sore bottom before you even fully start the day. I'm sure you don't want that. Gently open and close my door. Thank you."

He let me go and I turned to see him smiling. Getting out, I watched him go into the PC, leaving me outside with Asher. Getting to his car, he motioned for a hug. I just folded my arms. He smirked. Cocky ass.

"For someone that wanted me to be honest with them, you sure have been giving me the cold shoulder," he said.

"What you said hurt my feelings."

"Aww, babe, come on."

"I'm being serious, Ash."

"Well, I'm not about to apologize for what I said, V. I meant it and it was about time you heard it. Couple my approach have been different, sure. Maybe I was harsh in that way, but nothing else."

"Okay."

"That's all I get? An okay?"

"What else is there to say?"

"Fine. You done giving me the cold shoulder?"

"Yeah."

"Doesn't sound too convincing."

I rolled my eyes.

"Asher..."

He closed the gap between us.

"I don't want to fight with you, but you can't cop an attitude just because I said something you didn't like. I'm sure no one ever came at you like that. I just... I don't want you to forget what you have, V. I know what it's like to struggle and be out here doing dumb shit hoping someone cares. You don't have to do all that. You never to."

"I know that."

"Do you really?"

"Yea, really. I haven't been talking to you because yeah what you said hurt my feelings, but I've been trying to process it at the same time. What you said made a lot of sense. I never thought of things that way."

"So..."

"We're good, Ash."

He smiled and pecked my cheek.

"Cool. Come on."

"Where are we going?"

He didn't answer me heading to the building.

"Ash!"

Nothing.

"Asher!"

Damn him. I should've known Uncle Shawn had something up his sleeve for my last day of punishment. I'll take the run over whatever I was about to walk into.

——————
Author's Note—-

Was Asher too hard on Vaughn or did she need to hear the truth? Was he right?

Will we get a new Vaughn or same old trouble maker?

Who do you want to see up next?

Likes and comments appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 21.6K 85
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
5.6K 139 5
You are Dr. (Y/N) (L/N). Due to your connection with Dr. Kal'tsit, everyone calls you Dr. (Y/N). 7 years ago, a big accident happened. The results, y...
40.4K 2.1K 91
To think it all started with 16 year old Isabella Marie Levesque, daughter of Paul "Triple H" Levesque and Stephanie McMahon Levesque. From her troub...
261K 6.2K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc