Warriors: The Prophecy

By dogsarecool12344578

‼️THIS BOOK IS BASED OFF OF THE SERIES WARRIORS. THE MAIN IDEA AND CONCEPT IS BASED OFF OF ERIN HUNTERS IDEAS... More

CLAN DICTONARY
Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

38 3 5
By dogsarecool12344578

Fernpaw crouched low in the tall grass as she watched the shadowed cats streak into the Windclan camp. Her dream then shifted like it always did, and she was suddenly inside the camp walls. Cats were screeching and fighting all around her, and she watched helplessly, her paws frozen to the ground.

But suddenly, her dream shifted again, and she was in a dark den. It smelled like death, and she gagged as the stench wafted into her nose.

She looked around horridly, and stepped back, only to be met with a loud crunch. She turned to see she had stepped on a motionless body, its eyes staring at nothing. She gasped in terror as she realized the body was beside a pile of corpses.

"Help me, Fernpaw..."

She screeched and whipped around to see a dark figure crouched in the corner of the den. She padded closer slowly, and the figure was reviled.

"Breezepaw?!" She gasped.

Breezepaw's nose was bleeding and scratches lined his sides. His ears were badly torn and a long scratch covered half of his face. But his eyes...his eyes were full of terror.

"Help me, Fernpaw..." He whimpered again.

"I will, just hold on!" Fernpaw yowled, trying to reach him but her paws were frozen to the ground again.

"I will, Breezepaw!" She yowled again.

Her vision began to blur and she yowled in surprise as the ground gave way underneath her, and she was free falling into nothingness.
~
Her eyes snapped open and she sat up quickly. She was breathing hard, and her skin felt hot underneath her fur.

"Fernpaw?"

She turned to see Twigpaw gazing at her with a worried look from the nest next to her.

"Are you alright?" He asked gently.

"I...yes..." She responded shakily.

He gazed at her shyly.

"Your shaking..."

To her surprise, he slowly got out of his nest and laid down next to her hesitantly. She didn't say anything, she just laid her head on her paws and scooted closer to him, grateful for the reassurance that she wasn't alone.
~
Fernpaw opened her eyes and yawned as sunlight began to pool into the den. She looked around to see that the den was empty. She sighed, happy that the rest of her night was dream free.

Thanks to Twigpaw...

For some reason her heart skipped a beat when she thought of his name. Suddenly she sat up quickly as she remembered her dream.

Breezepaw.

She knew something wasn't right when she had kept dreaming the same dream every night, even after the battle between her clan and Shadowclan.

It was a mistake wasn't it? Shadowclan was never going to attack Windclan.

Bile rose in her throat when she realized what that meant.

Checkeredpaw died for nothing...that battle never needed to happen.

Part of her made that think it was her fault.

It was my dream. I should have known what it meant.

She shook her head.

Theres nothing I can do about it now. But Breezepaw is in trouble. Windclan is. I need to get to him.

She pinned her ears in surprise as her heart skipped a beat when she thought of his name as well.

But...Crowstar wont let me go. Plus, if he figured out that Shadowclan was innocent...

She felt nauseous just thinking about it.

But I can't go alone, that's for sure. I need to just grab Breezepaw and go. He's a chosen one. And I have a feeling Starclan is warning me that his death is coming. And fast.

"Your awake!"

Her thoughts were interrupted as Twigpaw padded into the den, a mouse in his jaws.

"I told the apprentices and Sagebreeze to let you sleep." He meowed, dropping the mouse. "I brought this for you by the way."

"I...thanks, Twigpaw." She purred lowly and began to eat, even though she felt like she was going to throw up.

Sagebreeze...perhaps I can trust her to come with me. It's a long shot, but she's the only cat I might be able to trust. Except Twigpaw maybe...but I can't risk his safety. Something about that makes my stomach turn.

"Fernpaw?" Twigpaw gazed at her with that same worried look. "Did you hear what I said?"

Fernpaw glanced up at the brown tom.

"Oh uh...no sorry."

"I said do you want to talk about it? Your dream?"

"Oh..."

I could tell him right now. And ask him to come with me. I know he would. I can see it in the way he's looking at me. But I can't drag him into this...

"It was just a nightmare." Fernpaw meowed quietly.

"It wasn't...a message from Starclan?"

Fernpaw sighed. "I guess everyone knows about that, huh?"

"Word spreads fast."

"Well no. It was just a dream."

Twigpaw gazed at her steadily.

He knows I'm lying.

"Okay." The tom meowed. "Well eat up. Sagebreeze is expecting you for battle training." He stood there for a second before licking her ear gently.

"Just know I'm always here..." He purred before padding out of the den.

Fernpaw stared after him before taking a bite of her mouse. She wanted to puke it out as soon as it touched her tongue as she remembered Breezepaw's face. All bloody and torn up... She gagged a little and pushed the mouse away.

I can't...

She sighed and padded out of the den quickly, looking around for Sagebreeze. She spotted her mentor by the entrance of the camp and sprinted over to her.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Sagebreeze purred as she approached. 

"Sagebreeze can we talk...?" Fernpaw asked quickly.

Sagebreeze raised an eyebrow before gesturing for her to follow. They padded out of the camp and began to walk in the direction of the training hallow.

"Whats going on?" Her mentor finally asked.

It was silent again as Fernpaw flicked her tail back and forth nervously.

I don't know if I can trust her not to go to Crowstar...but she's my only option right now.

Fernpaw sighed before turning to her mentor.

"I've been having dreams. The same dream every night. The one where the shadow cats attack Windclan. Even after the attack on Shadowclan. I thought it didn't mean anything... until last night when the dream was different. Breezepaw, the chosen one from Windclan, was terribly wounded and begging for me to help him."

There was a long silence as the two cats padded through the quiet forest.

"I...I think Windclan was attacked. Not by Shadowclan. Something worse." Fernpaw whispered. "And Breezepaw...he's going to die. They're going to kill him."

Another pause.

"Why tell me this?" Sagebreeze finally meowed. "Why not go to Pearlfeather or Crowstar?"

"You know why."

Fernpaw sighed.

"I'm asking you to come with me. To Windclan. To rescue Breezepaw. He's a chosen one. We need him. And I don't think even us as a full clan can beat this threat. Not alone at least."

Sagebreeze stopped and turned to Fernpaw.

"Okay." She meowed lowly.

Fernpaw gazed at her in surprise.

"Okay? That's it? Your in just like that?"

"I trust you. And I trust Starclan. But right now...I'm not sure I trust Crowstar. He's in a very troubling state. So if I need to help you with this, it's the least I can do. For the clans."

Fernpaw nodded.

"Okay...we leave tonight. We must not tell anyone. We will explain everything as soon as we have Breezepaw safely in camp."

"Do you have a plan?" Sagebreeze asked."Of how we're going to break Breezepaw out?"

"I've dreamed about Windclan camp every night. I know it like the back of my paw by now. I know which den he's in. All we need to do is sneak behind the camp, to the back of the den, break through the den walls, grab him and go."

"You make it sound like it's going to be easy." Sagebreeze sighed.

"I know it's not. But that's the only plan I got."

"And if it fails?"

Fernpaw thought for a second before slightly purring.

"We run."
~
They reached the camp after a quick training lesson to see a crowd around the Wetrock.

"Mistpaw must be receiving her warrior name." Sagebreeze meowed as they padded over to the crowd.

Without Checkeredpaw...

Crowstar was blankly reciting the words of the warrior ceremony before finally saying:
"From this day forward, your name shall be known as Mistfeather."

The clan cats began to chant her name loudly.

"Mistfeather! Mistfeather!"

Crowstar gazed blankly down from his place on the Wetrock and he suddenly yowled for silence.

"Thats not all..." He gazed at his clan before gazing at his paws. "I've thought long and hard about this and...I simply cannot lead this clan anymore."

Fernpaw gasped in surprise as the clan began to murmur horridly.

"After the attack with Shadowclan..." Crowstar paused. "I have realized I'm no longer in the current state to lead. And with a large threat on the way, I cannot lead this clan without dooming it." He then gestured Gingerpelt from his place on the deputy rock. "Gingerpelt will take my place. He will travel to the moonstone tonight and receive his nine lives. As soon as he does, mine will be revoked and I will be return to my old name, Crowshadow. I will join the warriors until I become an elder. Please respect this decision. It is for the best." He then padded down from the rock and towards the warrior den without another word.

"This can't happen, right?" Fernpaw meowed to Sagebreeze.

"It can..." her mentor responded. "I guess we will have to wait until Gingerpelt leaves to travel to the moonstone tonight..."

Fernpaw nodded and watched as the clan gazed at each other in confusion. Sandfur then padded quickly towards the warrior den, followed by Mistfeather.

He was driven by grief...

Fernpaw sighed and gazed at the sky.

Please don't let this destroy us...
~
Fernpaw laid in her nest with wide eyes. She couldn't fall asleep. Even if she tried. The plan was simple. But she knew it could go wrong very easily.

She gazed around the dark den, before her eyes landed on Twigpaw from the nest next to hers. He lay sound asleep, snoring lightly.

I chose not to bring Twigpaw...but I'm still risking Sagebreeze.

She sighed.

I would be risking anyone...

Suddenly, a soft thump sounded from outside of the den.

Thats my cue.

She got up quietly, padding out of the den where Sagebreeze stood, waiting.

"Gingerpelt left with Pearlfeather awhile ago. We should be good" Her mentor whispered.

Fernpaw nodded before following her out of the camp. The two cats walked quickly and quietly through the marshy forest in the direction to Windclan. A few minutes passed until Fernpaw spoke.

"Thank you for trusting me." She meowed quietly.

Sagebreeze glanced at her.

"You could have immediately told me I was crazy and told Crowstar. But you didn't. And that might have just saved Breezepaw's life."

Gosh. Even thinking Crowstars name makes me feel sick...

Sagebreeze nodded and purred.

"Like I said. I trust you Fernpaw. Your known for your deep connection with Starclan. It's an honor really."

"Yeah... its not as awesome as it might seem..." Fernpaw whispered. "I've seen things...not every cat dreams to see. And...it was my fault we falsely attacked Shadowclan. I should have known-

"Fernpaw." Sagebreeze gazed at her intently. "It wasn't your fault. Honestly it was no ones. It was a mistake-

"That costed Checkeredpaws life." Fernpaw hissed.

"Fernpaw. There's nothing you can do now. But you can still save us."

Sagebreeze sighed.

"You were chosen for a reason. Of all cats in this clan, Starclan chose you. So show us why."

Fernpaw considered her mentors words for the rest of the way as the two cats padded quietly into Windclan territory. They padded hesitantly, waiting to see dark cats patrolling. But to their surprise, there was no cats in sight. Suddenly, Fernpaw spotted the dip into the Windclan camp, and she nudged Sagebreeze gently.

"There it is."

They crouched down low, and Fernpaw resisted the urge to turn around and flee.

"Follow me." Fernpaw whispered, and began to stalk closer to the camp. As they got closer, she could see two, large cats guarding the entrance into the camp. It seemed like they weren't trying to keep cats out, but rather keep cats in.

Fernpaw led her mentor around the camp, using the tall grass and darkness for coverage.

She then spotted the familiar backside of the den she dreamed Breezepaw to be in. She remembered it because the weaved branches and leaves were spotted with white flowers. She reached the backside of the den and unsheathed her claws.

"Cut the branches and leaves." Fernpaw whispered to Sagebreeze.

The two cats then began to gently cut through the thin branches, creating a small entrance.

"I could fit through." Fernpaw whispered. "Stay out here and keep watch. I'll push him through and we will be on our merry way." She tried to keep her voice steady.

It can't be this easy.

"Be carful." Sagebreeze whispered.

Fernpaw nodded before squeezing her way through the small hole. She landed more loudly than she wanted to as she came through into the den. She gazed at the entrance as she spotted a cat sitting away from her.

Another guard...

She gagged again as the familiar smell of death and rot filled her nose. She forced herself not to look at the pile of bodies she saw from the corner of her eye in the corner of the den. She then held back a gasp as she spotted a hump of white and gray fur on the other side of the den.

She rushed over to it and pressed her ear to Breezepaw's chest as she noticed his eyes squeezed shut.

I feel a heartbeat. But it's slow.

She looked up to make sure the guard was still faced away from her, before she nudged Breezepaw gently.

The toms eyes slowly opened, but one of them remained closed. The long scratch across his face reached that eye, causing it to be swollen shut. Blood stained his white fur, and his ears looked half their size.

"F-Fernpaw?" He rasped.

"Shhh...its okay. We're going to get you out of here. Can you stand?"

"How did you..." He whispered, gazing at her in confusion.

"Theres no time to explain." Fernpaw meowed quickly. "Can you stand?"

Breezepaw tried to stand, but the deep cuts on his legs and side caused him to stumble back to the ground.

Fernpaw glanced up at the guard again, praying to Starclan that he stayed facing away from them.

"Its fine...just stay quiet." She then gently grabbed him by the scruff, and began to drag him towards the hole.

Breezepaw winced in pain and held back a yowl.

"Can you reach the hole?" Fernpaw whispered.

Breezepaw forced himself to stand, reached up with his front paws until he gripped the side of the hole. Fernpaw used her head to shove his back legs up the small space until the tom scrambled through it. She then leaped up into the hole and screeched in surprise as the guard suddenly yowled.

"He's escaping! The prisoner is escaping!"

Sagebreeze had Breezepaw on her back and she gazed at her in surprise.

"Run!" Fernpaw screeched.

The two cats began to run towards the direction of Riverclan territory. Fernpaw looked behind her to see the guard scramble through the hole and began to race after them. The weight of Breezepaw seemed to weigh Sagebreeze down and Fernpaw screeched in fear as the guard seemed to be gaining.

More cats began to stream from the entrance of the camp, yowling loudly.

"Faster!" Fernpaw yowled.

We're not going to make it.

Suddenly an idea hit her.

"Run into the river!" Fernpaw screeched.

"What?!" Sagebreeze huffed.

"Just trust me! The river that separates Riverclan and Windclan, jump into it!"

"Are you crazy?! That current will take Breezepaw under!"

"Not if he's with me."

"Fernpaw-

"Just trust me!"

She then spotted the river up ahead and she yowled quickly.

"Lay Breezepaw at the edge and jump! I will take him. Just swim! Swim as fast as you can with the current! It will be faster then running! The current will take us to the stream around our camp!"

The river was only a few feet away now. She looked behind her to see a group of large cats yowling only a few cat lengths away.

She then screeched to a halt as Sagebreeze laid Breezepaw's limp form at the edge, then jumped into the river with a yowl. She was then gone in a heartbeat as the current pushed her away.

Fernpaw grabbed Breezepaw by the scruff and dragged him into the river with her.

"Hang onto me!" She yowled around the fur in her mouth.

She then felt his front paws rap around her middle and she began to trend the water as fast as she could in order to keep them above the surface. She watched as the current dragged them away and the cats reached the edge, watching in fury as they disappeared around the bend.

Fernpaw kept their heads above the water easily until she spotted Sagebreeze at the edge of the river near the camp.

"Fernpaw!" She yowled gratefully.

Fernpaw swam towards the edge quickly before the current could pull them away. She then lifted Breezepaw and
Sagebreeze helped her pull him onto the dry ground. She then pulled herself out and rushed to Breezepaw's limp form.

"Breezepaw." She whispered and nudged him gently.

"Yeah, I'm awake." He huffed tiredly.

"Thank Starclan." Sagebreeze mumbled.

"He needs Pearlfeather." Fernpaw meowed quickly.

"Hopefully they are back." Sagebreeze huffed. "Come on, I'll help you carry him."

The two cats struggled back into camp, Breezepaw between them. Gingerpelt and Pearlfeather were standing outside of the leaders den, murmuring to each other.

"Pearlfeather!" Fernpaw yowled.

The medicine cat turned in surprise and rushed towards them.

"Fernpaw?! What happened?! Is this..."

"Breezepaw." Sagebreeze huffed. "Its a long story."

"And you will tell me everything." Gingerpelt meowed.

Pearlfeather took Sagebreezes place and helped Fernpaw carry him into the medicine den while Sagebreeze explained what happened to Gingerpelt.

They reached the den and gently laid the tom into one of the nests. Mudpaw was sorting through some herbs on the shelf when he turned in surprise.

"Fernpaw? Who's-

"Your still awake?" Pearlfeather asked.

"Well after the whole Crowstar thing...and just knowing you were taking Gingerpelt to replace him-

"It Gingerstar now..." Pearlfeather whispered.

"It doesn't matter!" Fernpaw hissed as she gazed at Breezepaw's now unconscious form.

"Right." Pearlfeather meowed. "Mudpaw get some poppy seeds for when he wakes, I will began to crush this marigold.

Fernpaw, could you gather some cobweb?"

Fernpaw nodded and gazed at the shelves.

"Here." Mudpaw rolled a ball of cobweb towards her.

She grabbed it quickly, placing it by Pearlfeather as the medicine cat crushed the marigold.

Fernpaw then crouched beside Breezepaw and gasped as his eye slowly opened.

"Fernpaw...?"

"Your safe." She whispered. "In Riverclan."

His eyes widened.

"Windclan...its...not safe...Shade is going to..."

"Shhh...don't talk." Fernpaw whispered. "Save your strength."

"No." Breezepaw whimpered. "You don't understand. Shade. The leader. He's going to attack Thunderclan next."

Fernpaws eyes widened.

"I heard the guard talking about it." He huffed. "And Fernpaw...they're all going to die...we're doomed. The clans...will fall."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1K 18
This version of this story is actually discontinued, so you may have better luck reading the new version here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/22445804...
706 43 19
The One will save Three. Four sisters in three different clans. One of them is taken by leader of Bloodclan to the Place of no Stars to train. Two of...
13.1K 728 61
Every disaster that threatens a Clan means StarClan will come and save you. You'll receive a prophecy that will save everything you love. The peril i...
796 42 24
[Completed] Two sisters, once so close, find themselves on a path that may lead to the destruction of one of them. They are thrown into a whirlpool o...