The Billionaire's Love Conque...

By MsDreamerGirl84

Warning: Contains some mature scenes. (Highest Rating: #34) Excerpt: "Look, I know we had a bad s... More

WARNING!!!
Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Barcelona
Chapter 2: The Ball
Chapter 3: The First Day
Chapter 4: The Sports Fest
Chapter 5: Other Side of Me
Chapter 6: His Family
Chapter 7: The Race
Chapter 8: The Surprise Revelation
Chapter 9: The War
Chapter 10: Boyfriend
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Rage
Chapter 13: Moment of Truth
Chapter 14: The CEO
Chapter 15: Plan
Chapter 16: Hot
Chapter 17: Stubborn
Chapter 18: Moving
Chapter 19: Work
Chapter 20: The Devil
Chapter 21: The Past
Chapter 22: Bar Hopping
Chapter 23: Game
Chapter 25: Wedding
Chapter 26: Hot and Cold
Chapter 27: New Look And New Her
Chapter 28: Crashing Hearts
Chapter 29: True Love Has its ways
Chapter 30: Love Under One Roof
Chapter 31: Silent Proposal
Chapter 32: One True Love
Epilogue

Chapter 24: Giving Up

52.4K 1.9K 38
By MsDreamerGirl84

Somewhere in Barcelona
(Unedited)

NIKKI POV

I woke up with a loud knock in my door. I grunted in great displeasure. Who the hell is knocking at this hour?.. I check on the time it's 9:15 in the morning but still I need some sleep!!... Please just go away whoever that is.

Then I heard nothing. I was about to go back to sleep but then I heard it again. Louder this time and with urgency. I hope it's not about Dad. With a heavy heart I crawled out of my bed and I saw myself on the mirror.

Crap!!

I look like I was punched in the eyes severely. The maskara is smudge all over my eyes. And there's maskara on my bed covers.. Plus I was still wearing my dress from last night.

Double Crap!!

I quickly walk to the washroom, whoever is that, can wait or he/she can leave, I don't care! I cleaned my face with wipes, a make up remover and wash it. Then I change into a yoga pants and a tank top. I didn't bother combing my hair. My eyes was still sore and I can't do anything to conceal that. When I look a bit decent I walk out my room.

The door was silent so I thought he's gone. But as soon as I turned my heel to the kitchen, I heard it again.

I rolled my eyes with the urgency of the knock. I walked to the door and yanked the door open. I gasped and then my whole face I believed was distorted. It's not him that I wanna see first thing in the morning.

I swear If I forget what happened last night I would have swooned over his feet.. But the thought of his proposal was already engraved in my heart and mind.

Alexander was leaning on the door frame. He look at me not knowing to do if he smile or not.. He looks agitated and for some reason I don't know why. Is my fate taunting me?? I don't want to cry early in the morning..

"Why are you here?" I asked acidly not planning to invite him in, even if he basically owns the place.

"I just wanna check on you!" he retorted bitterly.

"As you can see Alex, I'm alive and kicking. So please if you have nothing important to say I want my peace this morning.." I begged sarcastically and gave him a displeasure smile.

"I can see that!" he smiled but didn't reach his eyes.

"We need to talk." he informed casually ignoring my sarcasm. Then he pushed himself in brushing his chest on my body. My traitorous body squirmed in excitement. He smelled so sexy. He just showered by the looks of his damped hair I curse every fiber of my body for this.

"Oh God.. I'm so regretting this.." I muttered as I closed the door. He walked in and settled himself in the sofa bed.

I just notice he looks like he didn't sleep at all. Dark circles under his eyes. Although my eyes is worst.

"So you're marrying Colton? I thought you and Michael are back together?" he inquired icily without preamble, gritting his teeth at the last word.

"Does it matter to you? You and Anna is back and soon getting married. What is it to you if I marry Colton or Michael?" I spat. My whole body was in enraged. Did he come here to interrogate me about my lovelife? What for??

"I wanted to know why? Is it one man not enough for you?" he stood up and uttered in a mocking way. Disgust lace in his words. Then the button was push, my temper flared rapidly to it's peak.

"Yes! Now are you happy? Just go away and don't ever come back! You got Annabel. You two deserves each other!!" I snorted icily.

"Annabel maybe sleeping with me anytime when I need her, but for the whole time we are together he never flirt or slept with another guy. I trust her she won't ever cheat on me even if I left her alone for a long time. You??? I don't think you could ever live without those guys in your hand. Are you just faking being innocent? ARE YOU????" he growled gruffly his eyes was fuming and he looks like he'll kill. I cringed inside but I tried hard to look not even intimidated or feared him.

The last thing I wanted him to see is me being weak. I won't give him the satisfaction!.

"Why is it bothers you anyway? It's as iff I'm your girl!" I scoffed sarcastically meeting his dark cold eyes.

"Yes! I asked that myself. Why would I care about you? But I thought the thing we had before was something I would like to have forever. But it seems the girl I know was not truly she is. Hiding behind a sweet innocent look.. but rotten inside!!!" he sputtered angrily and walked briskly to the door not waiting for my acid retort. He yanked the door open and slummed it. I felt so deeply humiliated and my whole dignity was crushed... He just slap it in my face that I'm no far from a whore!

I plopped down the sofa as I felt my whole body trembling. I curled on the sofa holding my two knees leaning my chin on my knees. Trying to process what just had happened. I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. I could feel a bit of sting in my eyelids from the soreness.

Is that the guy that your heart was desiring for? That heartless devil?

Enough for this crying.. I wipe the tears and stood up. I'm Cara Nicole Rivas and I'm stronger than what they thought. I won't be affected with all their accusations, especially Alex's accusations. I will show them that whatever words will they throw to me, it won't affect me.

None of them are true, so why would I sulk here. I know myself more than those people knew me. And I have never done anything wrong in my life except loving that devil.

I'm sorry Dad, I can't help you bring back your company. I will render my resignation on Monday and find a nursing job here and start over.

Today I will visit my Dad. He looks a lot better now than the last time I visit him. His body is almost back. He also goes to the gym to spend his time not to think of anything negative. I even encourage him to date but he declined and just laughed at it.

Carla stops working with him. Alex sent another nurse but Dad declined them. Some of our maid was released since we can't afford to pay it. Only Selina and Paul that was left.

I walked to my kitchen and brewed myself a coffee. As I waited for the pot, I heard my phone ringing. I walked straight to my room and look for my clutch. I knew my phone was in my clutch the whole night last night.

I saw the clutch under the chair. I crouched down and grab it. I checked on the caller and saw Mara's name.

I accepted the call.

"Hey good morning!" I greeted happily, summoning all my left ounces of energy in my body. I walked back to the kitchen as I talked to her.

"So you want to go walk around today?" Mara queried excitedly. I thought I don't have any energy to walk around.

"Can you just come to my place or I'll drive to your place? Maybe just hang out together without walking a lot!. I don't think I have the energy for that." I admit as I heaved a long frustrated sighed when I thought why I felt so weak today. I didn't realized how my sound came out to Mara. She sense it I have a problem.

"Ok, Nicolas will drive me now. Tell me all whatever it is and don't hide anything from me Nicki? Nothing!! Please be honest with me this time!!" she begged but with firmness in her voice.

"Ok!" I agreed softly. She's right. All I need now is ears. To open out all this feelings and maybe it will help me instead of carrying it alone. For sure one day, when I can't take it all anymore I will just found myself in a mental hospital.

"I'm coming now!" she informed and ended the call.

I was sitting on my sofa as I sip on my coffee occasionally. I don't know how long I was staring blankly on the television. I was in a state of oblivion when I heard a loud knock in my door. I put the empty mug on my coffee table and opened the door. Mara was standing infront with Nicolas beside her.

"Thanks God you're still alive!" she said exaggeratingly making me chuckled and she gave me a bear tight hug.

"Hi Nicolas." I greeted as I gave him a quick hug too.

"Come in." I said and I just noticed the basket full of fruits. Nicolas pick the basket up and both entered the room.

"I'll put the basket in your kitchen table, ok?" Nicolas inquired as he walked to the kitchen table.

"Thanks! You shouldn't bother, but thank you!" I smiled.

"Would you guys want coffee?" I asked shifting my gaze back and forth to them.

"I don't drink coffee and Nicolas is going somewhere." Mara replied which Nicolas agreed and walked to her side and gave her a kiss in her lips. The two look good together. They are always sweet. I smiled.

"I'll see you later honey!" he said to her.

"Thanks Nicki! Please let me know if she's giving you headache!" Nicolas laughed and then headed to the door.

"Sure thing Nicolas!" I chuckled and close the door when he left.

"Oh you're so lucky missy!" I exclaimed to Mara and walked to her. She seated on the sofa bed. I occupied the exmpty spot beside her.

"I know!" she mused..

"So back to you! I want to know everything.. Why are you so upset?" she inquired without ceremony. She looks one bit tenacious cat.

"Alex proposed to Annabel last night!" I said hardly coming out of my mouth. I felt the lump stuck in my throat. Again I felt the tears pricking in my eyelid. I hold it back.

"Ohhhh........ I thought he loves you?" We saw how devastated he is when you left to the Philippines..

"It wasn't love Mara. I think he was just infatuated. You know.. teenage feelings. Not quite grown yet.." I fake laughed.

"No Nicki! You should have seen him. He lost a lot of weight. He looks terrible everytime we saw him at school. Most of the time he's drunk and he stopped playing soccer. He never hang out with anybody. He shuts everyone in his life." Mara explained intently.

"That was before Mara!" I uttered bitterly.. sadness laced in my words.

"Do you still love him?" Mara asked cautiously.

"I do. It never gone. It's always him!" I admitted as I sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry Nicki!.. " Mara said softly and pulled me for a hug. Then and there, I burst into tears.

"He just came here an hour ago. Accusing me of playing with the boys and that I'm not as innocent as he thinks of me! You know it hurst... He looks so disgusted at me. Those words coming from him was like a knife stabbing in my heart non-stop." I sniffed.. I pulled away myself when I realized her shoulder was already wet.

"I'm sorry I wet your shoulder." I laughed between tears.

"Jeezzz Nicki.. You're in the midst of a problem right now still bothered with my wet shoulder. I don't care sissy." she playfully chided.

"I wanted to erase him out of my heart, you know. But I don't know how?" I chuckled bitterly.

"As the old folks says, Time will heal Nicki. You'll forget him but it takes time. You just have to wait.." she quipped smilingly.

"You're always the sensible Mara I know!!" I stated admiringly.

"I know you're always the strong willed and tough Nicki I know!! She said heartily. Then we both laughed.

Opening up to him was very helpful. I felt better and the feeling of carrying a big rock on my shoulder was gone.

Soon, we were talking about our past. And she told me what happened again when I left to the Philippines. How Lilian was devastated on their break ups and Frederick.

Then I remember Peter.

"What happened to Peter?" I asked incredulously.. I know she had her thing to Peter ever since.

She smiled. "You wouldn't believed me if I say that the Peter we thought shy and responsible was different from the inside." She blurted out laughing heartily.

"A wisecrack but I don't follow, I'm sorry!" I grimaced.

"Ok, four months after you left he asked me again for a date. So I agreed happily. After 2 months wooing me I finally gave him a chance. We officially in relationship and dated for a year. Then I caught him with Kelly! I was broken hearted. He was my first boyfriend." She smiled bitterly.

"Kelly, one of the cheerleader?" I asked incredulously. I can't believe Peter did it.

"Yeah!" She nodded.

"So I broke up with him. He didn't say anything. That bastard, I'm glad I didn't surrender myself before I found out he's cheating on me! Then Nicolas came into the picture.. He was always there to comfort me. Until, one day I found myself falling for him.. Hard!" She exclaimed.. Her eyes was dancing with happiness. She looks really happy.

"Oohhhh..." Was all I said. I knew it before that Nicolas likes her. I always caught him staring at her whenever he gets a chance. I smiled at the thought of it.

The weekend came by smoothly. I decided to visit dad the Sunday since Mara stayed the whole day of Saturday. Dad was so happy to see me. We went strolling to the mall and eat lunch out in a fancy restaurant. We never did it before and we were so thrilled and excited. I drove him home when the sun sets.

Monday comes... And It's the day I dreaded to come. Facing him was an ordeal I can't escape.

With a heavy heart I dragged myself to the washroom to take a shower. And get ready to work.

I pulled a black pencil cut skirt and a white buttoned shirt. I tucked the shirt and top it with a black blazer. I just pulled my hair in a bun and put a light make up on. I had to put more mascara in my lashes to conceal the soreness and put a bit of color in my cheeks so I won't look like a walking zombie.

I pulled out a 3 inches black heels from my shoe rack and walked out my room. Snatching my purse from the couch, I headed to the door. I thought I'll just grab some coffee at the drive thru.

Before the clock struck 7, I reached the building. I wanted to be there before him. I parked the car in the parking lot. Grabbing my coffee and purse, I carefully slide out of the car and closed the door behind me. Hoisting my purse in my inner elbow as I hold the coffee with the same hand, I locked the car with my other hand pressing the lock button with my remote control car key.

I heard an alarm sound indicating it's locked.

I walked to the elevator and stepped in. It seems like the elevator was waiting for me. Then after hitting the CEO button, it jolted a bit and then it start moving up.

As the elevator goes up, the feeling of discomfort arises as well.

After like a decade, the elevator jolted to stop and the elevator dinged indicating I just reached my destination.

The Top Floor!!

I felt like I'm entering the devil's zone. I heaved a long heavy sighed and stepped out of the elevator reluctantly.

I summoned all my courage and started walking to my cubicle. After a long agony of contemplating... I reached my cubicle.

Just as I put my purse on my chair, I saw the red blinking light of the phone.

He's here and he was calling me?

Are you kidding me?? Crap!!

I heaved a loud sigh before walking to his door. I knocked once and I heard his cold voice welcoming me in.

I slowly opened the door as I prepared myself for the worst.

"Yes SIR!" I began as soon as I stepped in emphasizing the last word.

Without looking at me. "Annabel will come today and I want you to accompany her to pick her ring." He ordered coldly while scribbling on the papers.

It's not the worst I expect. Beyond worst!!!! I thought I'm going to collapse again but I found my hard clipped tone responding to his command.

"Yes Sir. My pleasure to accompany her!" I said impassively. I saw his head whipped up to my direction after I uttered the last 5 words. But I turned on my heel before he saw the lone tear that escape from my eyes.

As soon as I closed the door, my whole body trembled.. I remember the resignation letter I made the weekend.

It's now or never!!! To hell with the Rivas Hotel. We will surely live, not wealthy but at least at peace.

*****
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!!

You guys Rocks!! I'm so inspired to write..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

437K 17.4K 43
Highest ranked- #10 in action 2/16/2017 A promotion. That's all I wanted. I didn't want to run for my life. I didn't want to be kidnapped...
2.1M 123K 46
A Dark Romance Standalone ( #1 Tempted By Billionaires ) ❝ you stepped inside this monster's closet all by yourself and now, there's no way out...❞ T...
150K 4.4K 42
She knew his identity. He didn't know hers. She just wanted to have him around. He didn't. She knew they could not be together. He didn't. She didn't...