Daylight // minayeon

By minguinny

One wedding will change both Nayeon and Mina's lives, as they unintentionally crossed lines they shouldn't ha... More

i.
I: it was enchanting to meet you
II: never thought that I'd be hit by a toy
III: can I call you again?
V: you make me feel something that I'm forbidden to feel
VI: make sure no one will know, let's just cherish what we have in secrecy
VII: I hear the sound of my own voice, asking you to stay
VIII: let's accept the truth, but please don't forget me
IX: I can feel you over here
X: 'cause forgiveness is a nice thing to do
XI: it was months and months of back and forth; you're still all over me
XII: let me take care of you
XIII: and I couldn't get away from ya, in my feelings more than Drake, so yeah
XIV: who was she?
XV: that's the kind of heartbreak time could 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 mend

IV: I'll grow tall, you'll see

342 23 7
By minguinny

As the alarm went off, Mina immediately opens her eyes and a beautiful sleeping lady greeted her sight.

A smile became visible on her lips as her hand brushes Sana's cheeks. This kind of thing seems like a hobby to her for over five years now.

Then she heard a sequence of bark from a familiar dog.

"Shh. You will wake her up." Mina said in a whisper then carries the waggling dog.

Her feet led her to the bathroom and starts doing her morning ritual. As she finished, she headed to the next stop which is the kitchen.

Ever since they lived together under the same roof, being the cook for both of them became a thing to Mina.

Mina is undoubtedly a wife material, Sana is blessed to have this kind of woman in her life. Such a perfect being to say.

"Hmm, smell's good."

"The food or me?" As Mina asked that, Sana buried her face deeper into the younger one's neck and sniffs as if she was going to consume all of Mina's delightful scent.

"I just finished cooking, let's eat."

"Can I just eat you instead?" Mina chuckled from Sana's groggy voice.

"Aish, let's eat." The younger one plants a light kiss on Sana's cheek and brushes the top of her head.

They take their seats and start eating. As the food reached Mina's mouth, it reminds her of something that Sana should know.

"Hon, Nayeon called me last night. She's inviting us to have lunch with them later on. Let's come."

"Oh yeah, I mean, why not? I've been wanting to have some time with them. And also, I want to see my friend Seungwan." She smiles with Sana's permission.

Honestly speaking, the excitement that is Sana feeling is triple times of what Mina feels. She badly wants to see Nayeon again after their first meet.

That's why she's serving her greatest gratitude to the Creator for this chance to be with the bunny teeth girl.

The upcoming lunch will be a thrilling and interesting one for all of them, especially for Mina. But, who knows what will happen?

***

"Am I doing this right?"

"Yeah yeah, just keep on mixing that." Nayeon got the order from her friend and continue stirring the broth on the casserole.

Right at this moment, Nayeon and her friend came together with their integrated powers just to complete all of the dishes that will be present on the table for Nayeon's unplanned lunch.

Well, Nayeon can't handle all of these on her own. Knowing that she doesn't have any background in the cooking field.

As a matter of fact, the key to her problem is still snoring like a pig inside her territory. Seungwan also has a good hand when it comes to cooking.

Gordon Ramsay seems to have a connection with Seungwan, that's what others say. The question is, why Nayeon didn't ask for help from her cousin, though.

To answer that, she just doesn't want her cousin to know about this. She's sure that if she asks for help, an earful sermon will be playing like an undesirable rhythm on her ear while they were working.

So, it's better to just zip her mouth about this. She wants Seungwan to know this right after they finish cooking and serving the food.

"Already done, Yeonnie."

A masterpiece worth a chef's kiss, a clap sound was heard by Jihyo and Nayeon's hands. "Calling you is the best thing I did last night."

"Oh yeah? For me, it's not. I'm peacefully sleeping when you called me in the middle of the night. I would oppose." Jihyo rolled her eyes at her friend.

"Come on, please move on already. You're welcome to our little brunch later." The bunny teeth girl seems to be enjoying the sight of her annoyed friend.

Both of them flashed a playful smile and then began giggling. "Anyhow, what time will they be here?"

"I told Mina that the lunch will be at 11."

"Then, you should call her now. It's already 10:45, time is ticking. You said that they are from Cornelia, right?" A nod symbolizes the response from Nayeon.

"What are you waiting for? Waiting for nothing will consume more time." Jihyo huffs then Nayeon hastily grab her phone and dialed a number.

Several ringing passed and a recognizable voice began hearing from the other line.

Mina: Nayeon! We're on our way now.

Nayeon: Great, it's better to go here as fast as you can. I've reserved a spot for your car outside.

Mina: Oh, a race for a parking slot? We like that, right, Sana?

The older one heard an agreeing sound that she assumed from Sana from the background. They both chuckled.

Mina: Bye for now, see you later!

Nayeon: Yeah, see you, too!

"Ah!" Nayeon screeched as she turn around and got shocked by Jihyo who is now standing in front of her.

"Now that I'm seeing that unremovable smile on your face, I'm getting more curious about this couple. Especially that Mina." Nayeon just furrows to what Jihyo said.

"What are you saying?"

"Nada (Nothing)." Jihyo shook her head and headed back to the dining area before Kookue consume every little piece of food there.

With the left actions of the raven one, Nayeon stood there straight trying to regain herself and just focus her mind on something much more important.

"Okay, what's going on here?"

"You're awake, that's good. Dress up real quick and we have visitors coming." The squirrel-like girl furrows in confusion because Nayeon starts pushing her back to her room.

"Try to look presentable, unnie!" Seungwan heard Nayeon yells from the outside of her room.

But, there's a thing that surprised her that made her question.

"Unnie? What's gotten into her?" Seungwan chuckled at her own question.

Not at once, she heard the younger one call her with such respect. She tried remembering when was the last, but, if she's not wrong, there's really nothing.

Whatever the reason is, Seungwan is feeling elated with that.

A sound of the honking car from the outside of the four-walled tall building of the cousins was heard.

Nayeon happily takes a peek from their window and sees the three girls getting out of the vehicle.

Wait. Three girls?

She squinted her eyes and see Momo together with the couple, walking now towards their apartment's entrance.

Sounds of a pair of rushing feet were produced as Nayeon sprinted her way to greet the visitors.

"Glad you made it, guys."

"Yeah, we won't disappoint you." Momo comes first to hug Nayeon which will never be a surprise to her.

"Is it okay that I bring Momo with us? I'm sorry I didn't inform you beforehand." The youngest Japanese girl comes beside Nayeon as they start walking all the way to their room.

"Hey, don't be sorry about that. Actually, it's good that she's also here." She flashes her reassuring smile to the younger one which Mina reciprocated with a warm smile.

"Welcome, guys. Sorry for our little area here."

"What are you saying? This place is lit!" Sana exclaims in joy. That also brings a smile to Nayeon's face.

The door of the apartment room cracked open and the other three girls see Jihyo and Seungwan sitting on the two seats provided by Nayeon on the table.

Sana and Seungwan's lips both formed smiles the moment they look at each other from their different spot.

"Sana! Wait, why are you here?" The oldest comes with her open arms for Sana. Sana looked at Nayeon because she was confused.

"Surprise." Nayeon just shrugs while smiling gleefully at Seungwan.

Reality comes to Seungwan. "Oh, so, you are the visitors that this girl talking about? Aish, you Im Nayeon."

Nayeon managed to dodge Seungwan's approaching slap. The squirrel-like girl explains why she's whining like that, it only made all of them laugh.

After Jihyo's introduction which is done by Nayeon, they gathered around the table and start their first brunch together.

Everything is going light and smooth. Peals of laughter are being produced by each one of them.

This could be a definition of a perfect luncheon for Nayeon. Before this happens, she's just sharing her food with her cousin.

Sometimes if the three of them, together with Seulgi, don't have anything to do, they will make time for them to eat together.

For Nayeon, lunch is something that she couldn't and shouldn't miss. It's like an important thing to her.

"Coming and eating here together is something that I won't regret."

"Yeah, I'm not good at complimenting, but, all of the foods aligned here are incredibly good." Momo received a happy tap from Nayeon who is sitting beside her.

"Well, the best chef in town is just on my side." The bunny teeth girl looks at Jihyo wearing a smile that hints her gratitude towards the younger one.

"That explains all of these delicious foods." Both Nayeon and Sana agree with Mina. But, Mina is just looking in a specific direction.

It's not Sana, nor the foods that are just in front of her. But to Nayeon who she just locked in her eyes with. Again.

From Nayeon's spot, she felt an unwanted pain on her waist that she forced herself to contain the soreness.

You can see the real meaning of 'smile through the pain' on her face right now. She brings her sight to her left and sees Jihyo pinching her waist.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Nayeon tries her best not to attract any attention from the others who are busy talking.

"Let's talk this out, maybe later," Jihyo responded as she continue pinching Nayeon's milky-toned waist harder.

It only made her slightly twist her body to endure the pain from being pinched because of Jihyo's unknown reason.

"All right, take this fucking hand of yours!" Nayeon yells in a whisper.

Just a moment, Jihyo finally took off her hand from Nayeon's waist. The bunny teeth girl's ears are now painted red, Jihyo noticed it. She's thinking if that is because of being hurt or... anger.

Whether it is because of either one of those mentioned, Jihyo thinks that she did the right thing, though.

***

It feels short but still a meaningful day for all of them, the sun is already setting. It's time for the visitors to go home.

"I have a real good day, I mean, we all do. Thank you for inviting us again." Sana holds Nayeon and Seungwan's hands while smiling.

Sana brings her attention to Jihyo and did an unexpected action that surprised Jihyo.

"You did well with the foods, by the way. Hoping that you can serve another one of those." Jihyo felt a series of pats on her back while being hugged by the Japanese girl.

"Y-yeah. Thank you for that." It took a while for Jihyo to hug Sana back, it just feel queer for her to be hugged by a person she barely know.

Nayeon and Seungwan are giggling on the corner, then Sana lets go and let out a sigh of contentment while still looking at Jihyo.

"Let's call it a day, guys. We're going now, goodbye." Momo nods while smiling.

"Thank you again." For the first time, Nayeon felt Mina's hand on her arm now.

That hand of Mina that is only touching Nayeon's hand before, but, it's rubbing her arm now.

At that very moment they made another skin contact, that feeling that until now, Nayeon can't understand and explain, she's feeling it again.

Round of exchanging words of goodbye and gratitude comes in again, then after that, the three girls finally faded from the doorstep of their room.

They all went back inside and start cleaning some of the mess left.

The well-furnished interior of the apartment's living room would be a good spot for a sharing of these three girls' reflections on the happenings today.

Expecting that there won't be any dead moment when they are all together, there's an assurance of that.

All of them take their own spots in the said area just to make themselves comfortable for the next minute to come.

It looks like they've planned to just stay like this, just to slump their depleted bodies on the soft and cozy couch they have.

They all seemed to be enjoying their time together. To the fact that they didn't notice the time and all they know now is it's already past eight in the evening.

"I can walk you outside, let's go." Just when Nayeon said that and Jihyo was about to protest, they heard a snoring sound again from a familiar squirrel girl.

"She must be tired, huh?"

"Tired? Tired of what? Eating then blabbering nonstop?" Nayeon chuckles with a hint of disbelief, Jihyo just shook her head while smiling.

"Let's go now, Hyo. I don't want your boyfriend to start a howl because you're still not in your precious habitat." She receives a slap from Jihyo.

"I'll stab you for real."

"Stab me, mommy." Nayeon playfully faced her butt to Jihyo as if she was waiting for a whip mark on it.

"I'm not gonna whip you, when I said that I'll stab you, I mean it." Instead of whipping or stabbing, Jihyo made sure that she'll leave a mark on Nayeon's butt that was worth more than a whip or a knife can do.

A loud sound was heard after Jihyo gave Nayeon a really hard smack that made the bunny teeth girl almost collapse because of the pain.

Nayeon wants to cry right now, but she keeps herself from doing that. The pain that she's feeling reminds her of what Jihyo did to her earlier.

"You'll pay for this, Hyo."

"Whatever. Let's go now." Jihyo ignores the older one and starts packing some of her stuff.

"Hyo." The called person turns her sight to Nayeon, she raised her brows.

"You're still not telling me the reason why you pinch me a while ago."

Jihyo just mouthed an 'oh' as she paused for a second while fixing her stuff.

"About that, it's just that I see you looking at Mina weirdly. I just pinched you to bring you back to earth." The younger one said bluntly and shrugs her shoulders.

Weirdly? Nayeon asks herself inside her mind. Her brows knitted while organizing her thoughts.

If you think of it, Nayeon won't be struggling with her own thoughts because there's an option. She can just ask Jihyo for any clarification, for the peace of her mind.

She thinks of what she looks like when she's looking like that to the Japanese girl, but, she also remembers Mina is also looking at her that time. The feeling was mutual, that's what Nayeon thought about.

Deciding on giving this a miss, Nayeon just shrugs all of the notions that make her want to faint.

The two start walking towards the apartment's door and greeted by a tall-looking man with a helmet on his head, he seems like he was just about to knock on the door.

What happened next makes Nayeon wants to leave because the guy that just came happens to be Jihyo's boyfriend.

"Eh? Daniel? How come you grew tall like that?" She asks in disbelief.

"Time flies real fast, right, Nayeon? But, if time flies fast, why aren't you growing that much." That sounds insulting to Nayeon, as a close friend, she throws a sock from the shoe cabinet near the door.

"You think it's funny? Jihyo, tell me. Why did you date this guy, huh?" Jihyo just laughs because of the fact that Nayeon is showing her expression for being humiliated by her boyfriend.

"I'll grow tall, Kang. Just wait for it." She pointed her finger to the tall guy while being pissed.

"I told him before that, joke about anything else just avoid joking about your height, but, he didn't listen."

"Can the two of you just step out of my home?" Nayeon step back from the door but still keeping her furious eyes to the couple.

"Wa-" The slamming sound produced by the door caused Jihyo to not complete her statement.

"Aish, I told you before about joking around her." Jihyo gave a light slap on Daniel's arm.

"I'll listen to you now, I won't do that again." He gestured a cross sign on his chest while raising his other hand as a sign of promise.

On the quiet corridor inside Nayeon's apartment, she's walking like a child after almost having a heated argument with that one neighbor.

Well, she just carelessly slams the door a while ago. As expected, that sparks a battle. Good thing is, Nayeon set their misunderstanding at peace as fast as possible.

When Nayeon arrived, she prioritized on doing the dishes and fixing up everything first before settling herself on the bed.

She's not even bothered about the thought of her cousin sleeping on the couch. Her body just wants to be in peace also.

The photos taken a while ago makes Nayeon smile widely, she thinks that she has just have the best meal of her life. Honestly, she didn't want to take pictures, but, Momo grabs her phone and start clicking the button of her camera.

Nonetheless, Momo grabbing her phone to take some pictures results in a great output. Every single images keeps winning her smile and heart.

Counting the exact number of them in the pictures, her eyes are just strangely pinned on one particular person in the images.

Nayeon found this person really attractive, she absorbs and defines the word photogenic. From personal to photos, Mina's image will always stand out, she thinks.

She takes more time to look at the pictures, and stares adoringly to the frozen image of the said Japanese girl. There's this feeling again.

She finally puts down the device and grabs a pillow and blocked her face.

"Ah, what is this? This feels odd." She utters and removes the pillow from her face. Her hand is now on her chest, feeling the beat of her heart that seems to have rhythm in every thud of it.

Her thoughts vanished when her phone turns on and rang a notification.

There's a message. And she knows damn well where the message come from.

(MN): hope you're still awake...?

(NY): I'm still up ma'am

(MN): oh

(NY): what's with the sudden message?

She rests her body to her left side while still waiting for the Japanese girl's reply.

(MN): I just wanna ask something

Nayeon becomes more curious and patiently waits for Mina to continue.

(MN): are u free tomorrow?

"Woah, is she going to ask me out?" She giggles at her own thought, but then she realized one thing.

"Oh God, she's married for Pete's sake." Nayeon face-palmed herself and just start typing her reply.

(NY): yeah, why did you ask?

(MN): I have some sort of business tomorrow and... I have no one to be with me
(MN): is it okay for you to come with me? this is not forced haha

That surprised her, she didn't expect Mina to ask bluntly like that. Like, she still feels like there's still a distance between them. And she don't know how to cross that distance.

After sorting out, she decided what to reply.

(NY): ofc, as long as that business of yours won't be something about robbing a bank

(MN): HAHAHA nooo

(NY): well then, we're all set now.

(MN): alright i'll get you tomorrow morning

(NY):👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

That'll be a sign of goodnight. Nayeon didn't get any reply, maybe Mina had enough and decided to rest.

Business. What could it be, though. Maybe, this curiosity of Nayeon won't let her get in to her slumber.

She have to rest, she needs energy for tomorrow. But, how can she place her mind at ease if Mina is still occupying it because of an unknown reason.

"Ah, this is gonna be a long night."

וו×

hey guys! thank you for reading and your supports, especially to those loyal readers of mine<3

please don't forget to vote and follow!

see you for the next update<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.8K 46
**Please read the book one to fully understand the story** Take a wild roller-coaster ride inside the married life of Chaeyoung and Mina! Is the 7th...
52.6K 2.4K 64
What will you do when you found something that you never see nor read on your wedding day that cause you to be unsure about your feeling. The wedding...
197K 5.1K 26
[COMPLETED] You are new member of twice...what happend if one of the member fall in love with you....
11.3K 322 21
Sapphic imagines for each twice member! Slow updates because this is just a lil hobby of mine. Each member will have their own individual book when I...