My Sister's Mate

Por MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... Más

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

Impassioned Hearts

333 13 2
Por MadeenahJunaid

The black mini-shift dress on Lilah exposed her long legs as she stepped out of the hotel room alongside Conan. He was in his shiny black suit, as usual. Seeing them together, one would think they came for a business meeting. Stepping into the empty elevator, Lilah fondled with her blue-black hair, that was pinned up in a pretty hairdo.

Standing right next to him, Lilah looked away. As if they didn’t spend the night in the same room. She was still shocked because he meant what he said. He wasn’t giving up. Trying to mind-link with her now is impossible. Conan knew Lilah’s emotions were intensified, and he wanted to know what was playing in her mind. She’d built up a wall to block the bond they once shared. The elevator dinged open as they stepped in. It was a gentle ride to the last floor.

Conan stood a foot taller than her as they made their way to one of the empty tables. Lilah stole a glance at him as they finally had their seats opposite each other. Reading the menu on the table, his back slumped lower and his gaze focused on it. The erratic mane of hair that graced Conan’s head fell into his face. Occasionally, he tightened his lips as if wanting to speak but his hand rose to tug his curly jet-black hair away from his face.

He looked around, and a server walked towards them. Conan tugged, and she noted.

He pointed to something, and the server noted it down. He took Lilah’s order and walked out of their presence.

“Do I make you uncomfortable?” He asked, finally staring at her.

“No. It’s not that. It’s not you.”

“Then what is it? Why the sudden silence?”

“I just think we should take things slow. I’m still legally married to Asher, remember?”

“I haven’t forgotten.” He reminded her, and the server brought a serving trolley of full, seasoned chicken and shrimp.

Placing it in front of Conan and then a plate of Rib-Eye steak for Lilah. Then a bottle of sparkling wine for both of them with two wine cups. Her mouth watered as she glanced through. It scented yummy as the fleshy fragrance filled the air.

The server walked to the next table after serving. Conan stared at the plate before him. The heap of Cajun-seasoned chicken and blackened shrimp in garlic butter, which was served on a sizzling cast-iron platter along with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and crispy red potatoes, made him take a bite.

“Hmm...” He chewed on the savoury taste. “This is superb.”

“Yeah, it’s appetizing.” Lilah agreed as they silently ate. She looked at him and realized that he was already staring at her. A small smile flickered on her lips as they ate on.

Conan placed a gentle hand on Lilah's, slightly stroking his left thumb against her soft hand.

Just then, she raised her gaze and saw Asher. They were still married, legally. And she just spent the night with Conan.

‘Would he know? Would he get angry?’ Lilah’s mind played different thoughts in seconds.

Swallowing on her throat almost made her choke. Lilah realized Asher was there at the table she clung to for stability. He shook hands with a Chinese man, and they exchanged pleasantries. Lilah quickly recognized that he must be a business partner.

Stuck and stunned, Asher turned to her in the same manner, but he looked away immediately. As they ventured to a table close to where Lilah was seated.

Conan studied her changed expression, giving a carefree look at Asher. Lilah suddenly jerked her hand off his touch.

“Are you okay?” Conan asked, with a concerned laced voice. “You’re sweaty.”

Conan had been a perfect gentleman but as she gazed into his black eyes that peered at her. She realized how over it was. Lilah quickly jolted up with heated cheeks.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah... No, I mean.” her voice quivered, and she tried to hold tight her chattering teeth with a gnaw.

“Lilah, what are you saying?” Worry struck Conan’s expression. “Are you pressed?”

“No, I’m so sorry Conan. I need time to heal.... I’ll chat with you later.” Lilah’s words came as a plea for understanding. She grabbed her purse and hurried out of the building.

Conan stared at her in total confusion. “Why are you acting this way?” He felt puzzled.

A sigh seeped from Asher as he realized. Giving them a cynical glare. He knew she wasn’t comfortable because of his presence, but continued his meeting as if she was a stranger to him.

“Do you know them?” The Chinese asked, looking back in concern.

“No, not at all.” Asher smiled and continued.

Conan dropped some cash and stormed after her. Hoping to still meet up with her and discuss things. He caught her opening up the door of a yellow taxi, throwing her slim body into the passenger seat. As if in tears.

Did Asher just spoil our date?

“How immature.” He hissed, walking to the parking lot where he packed his jeep. He revised out of the parking space and drove onto the busy road.

Three Days Later,

Conan was seated with his mum, Selene, as their maid cleaned up the dining table. The slice of chicken pizza on Conan’s plate stared at him. Selene realized he barely ate anything. Or said anything. Yet, she could see the throbbing veins, like cords in his neck.

Conan’s jutting jawline told how angry he was, staring at nothingness with wide eyes. He didn’t care if Selene was watching. Of course, he knew she was watching.

As if business, too, was going bad, Selene suddenly chuckled at watching him. She couldn’t help but remember when he was a kid. Conan hardly gets angry, but when he does, one can read through his mind like a telescope. He rolled his eyes at her but focused. Selene’s laugh settled into a smile. Annoyed, Conan wanted to leave when she placed a hand on his. To calm him down.

“Conan, dearest. I noticed you’ve been avoiding me for days now.” She pointed out, but he swelled.

Like a sullen fish out of water. He flinched from her touch, warming his folded fist beneath his breath. He still didn’t look at her.

“I’ve been thinking about Lilah. Since you said you love her despite her past and you want to marry her?”

Conan gazed up at his mother, interested.

“Who am I to stop you? I can not object to that so, I’ve accepted. If you truly love Lilah, then marry her.”

A wide smile beamed from Conan’s lips. With a fixated gaze, Selene watched his smile widen.

“Mother, are you serious?”

“Yes, I’m damn serious,” Selene replied earnestly. “I can’t bear to lose you and you know it. If Lilah makes you happy, then you deserve happiness.”

“Oh, mother!” Conan gasped in amazement.

“It’s funny, though... I hate to see you angry. You said she’s the one you want to spend forever with?

“Yes, mum.”

“Then go ahead. You have my blessing.” Her happiness made the words come harsher than intended. “I’m not getting any younger. I need grandkids.”

“Thank you! Thank you so much!” He grabbed his mother's hands, staring into her happy eyes with perks of tears in his. He kissed her hands vividly and Selene blushed. “You just made my day!”

“A child is going to remember who was there and not what was spent on them. When you have children with Lilah, don’t forget this day.” She told him.

Conan held her in a soft hug, unable to hold the joy welling up inside his heart. He felt fulfilled. Finally.

“You are my only son and all I want is nothing but the best for you,” Selene muttered, patting him on the back and wiping out the tears lingering from the wrinkled corner of her eyes.

Although she was still in her early fifties, Selene looked young and very much alive.

Conan held onto his mother, leaning down to meet her height. Crying against her shoulders like a baby.

Meanwhile, Asher and Lilah were having sleepless nights. Asher scrolled through his phone gallery. The pictures of Asena made him smile until he came across Lilah. Amaya had secretly sent him the photo of her. He stared at the picture for a while. Lilah wore a beautiful smile in it. The way her blue eyes seeped to the floor in shyness made him blush, watching her. Her long, wavy hair covered the better part of her face, exposing only her smile. His left hand held the phone closer to his gaze as his raised hand touched his phone screen in admiration. She looked prettier with downcast eyes.

Just then, he realized he had been staring at her photograph for the last 30 minutes. Asher turned off his phone and threw it by the side of his pillow. Climbing to bed and switching off the lights. It was dark, but Asher could still see through the radiation of the luminous moon.

To get a wink of sleep felt impossible. Lilah twisted and turned on her queen-sized bed. Imagining what it felt like, to feed him buttermilk pancakes. She had never fed a guy before, even Conan. Their weird stares and fights. How he helped her when she passed out on the stairs and massaged her legs. When he fed her apples and how his kiss tasted coffee. Conan almost gave her once three days ago. She’d kissed him a lot of times, but none were comparable to Ashers’. She loved the taste of coffee on his lips. That felt so good and bad at the same time. Those days were priceless. Amaya made her hiss at him even more.

Lilah chuckled to herself, thinking about when he dedicatedly washed her clothes and undies. That was one of the most embarrassing moments for her. Going as far as getting her a maid was insane. Think about how he once humiliated her in the board meeting, her smile dropped and she wondered how one person can have multiple characters.

‘Or was it circumstances that made him treat me differently? He was always willing to be little.’

Asher remembered when she brought up a bag of pork in his car and dropped her off in the middle of an empty road. And how she insulted him for the unexpected sack letter. He smirked at how she stammered, knowing she was fired. No girl has ever dared to face him, except Lilah. Even Asena never challenged him when she was alive. He loved her sense of humour, independence, intelligence, anger, tears, and care. His built body rolled up in the thick, black blanket she had left behind.

‘A year ago, I wouldn’t have imagined experiencing this with anyone else. How can two sisters have such similarities? Honest feelings and bad timings make the most painful combination.’ His large, sleepless eyes focused on a framed photograph of Asena on his side table. He smiled, looking at it. All of this wouldn’t have happened if she were still alive.

‘I miss you dearly, Asena.’ Asher gasped. A smile spread across his symmetrical lips as he finally fell asleep. Lilah, too, did the same.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

67.1K 413 8
this is a werewolf swapped at birth story. imagine a baby dies at birth and its the alphas baby. a nurse freaks out and doesn't know what to do so sh...
287K 8.9K 46
#1 in Werewolf on 4/2/21. This book is about a girl named Alessia who went to college meeting her best friend Jessica and fell in love with her boyfr...
2.8M 84.2K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
2.5M 126K 34
| Highest Ranking in Werewolf: 9| Completed 4/10/2017 I watched him fall in love. I watched as he took her to places I had always wanted to go and d...