Lost Boy || Leonardo DiCaprio

By AutumnCardigan

"I say I wanna settle down, Build your hopes up like a tower, I'm giving you the run around, I'm just a lost... More

Chapter 1: Local Fair
Chapter 2: Our First Conversation
Chapter 3: Lavender and Combat Boots
Chapter 4: Isn't She Lovely
Chapter 5: Baby, I Believe in You
Chapter 6: Do You Want to Be Friends?
Chapter 7: Secret Crushes on Each Other
Chapter 8: "You Keep Telling Yourself That"
Chapter 9: You Definitely Made My Day
Chapter 10: If the World Was Ending
Chapter 11: Sue Me
Chapter 13: Dancing Is Our Thing
Chapter 14: In Case You Haven't Noticed
Chapter 15: The Golden Arches
Chapter 16: You Make Me Feel Whole
Chapter 17: Autumn Birthday Party
Chapter 18: He's Never Done That Before
Chapter 19: You've Messed Me Up
Chapter 20: Bottled Up Feelings
Chapter 21: The Best News You Could Have Given Me
Chapter 22: First Snowfall of the Season
Chapter 23: Love in the Twilight Zone
Chapter 24: "Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night"
Chapter 25: Christmas Morning
Chapter 26: Lost Boy

Chapter 12: Football and Homecoming

432 10 22
By AutumnCardigan

"I love this facial mask," Clementine told me as we sat on my bed together. We had just finished our homework for the evening and were now pampering ourselves. It had been torture not mentioning her and Tobey all week, but now I think the topic had to come up.

"So... Have you been asked to Homecoming," I casually asked. We were currently having a sleepover on a Friday night, so we had plenty of time to talk.

"I think I'm going to go with Tobey. Has Leo asked you yet?"

"No, he hasn't even mentioned it." I knitted my eyebrows together in concentration before speaking again. She was occupied with staring at herself in the mirror from across the room, double checking the green avocado didn't slide off her face. "So... You and Tobey."

"What about me and Tobey?" How could she be so nonchalant about this?

"I kind of saw you kissing him on Monday... at your house... in your room."

"Oh that. I'm not sure what we are. That's why I didn't say anything to you about it. We're not officially a couple, but we have kissed a few times. The first time we honestly thought it was a fluke."

"How do you feel about him?"

"I think he's the greatest. He's kind, respectful, fun, and super cute," she gushed.

"I hope things work out between you two. It would be great if we could hang out as couples all the time."

"I'm sure Leo will come around eventually. I mean, even I'm still working on the relationship I want."

I nodded a tiny bit before spotting that usual glow from a cigarette, twilight upon the earth. "I'm worried Leo won't ask me to the dance. I mean, it's only a week away now. If I went, I would still have to find a dress."

"Then go ask him yourself. He's right down there, and he's not going to get mad or anything if you do. You know Leo. He's always happy to see you," she grinned, but I didn't feel as confident.

"Okay, maybe I should just go and ask him. I was just hoping he would ask first."

"Take all the time you need with him. I'm okay just reading your Tiger Beat magazine and blasting NSYNC."

"You can have any of the NSYNC posters that are in that issue," I said.

"Thanks! I think I saw a really cute one of Justin Timberlake."

"It's all yours." I smiled before heading for the outdoors, hugging myself before I reached Leo in the chilly evening. "Hey."

"Hey," he echoed, hiding his smile by taking another puff.

"So... the Homecoming dance is this Saturday, and I was wondering if you were going with anyone."

"Nah, there hasn't been anyone I've asked."

"Oh. Well, would you like to, uh, sort of go together? It wouldn't have to be as a couple. It could be just as friends."

"Yeah, I'd like that, as friends," he added quickly, seeming to almost stammer.

"Great. Um, I'll have to pick out my dress soon. Do you want to go to the football game too, or just the dance?"

"We can go to both. Isn't it supposed to be fucking cold next weekend though?"

"Yeah, but people take blankets sometimes. Clementine is going with Tobey. Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah, he explained how they weren't sure of the relationship yet, or if they were going to be in one."

"Yeah, Clementine basically told me the same thing. So, I'll see you this Friday for the game and then Saturday for the dance?"

"Yeah, and during the week too, I hope," he faintly smirked.

"Well, of course, I mean we are neighbors," I shyly reacted.

"Yeah," he agreed, my face still a bit rosy.

Friday night arrived and I was excited and nervous, Leo and I sitting with Clementine and Tobey on the bleachers. There was a fairly strong breeze, which made me shiver more than usual. I felt something warm touch my shoulder though, causing me to look over at Leo.

"You said people bring blankets," he reminded me, us now cuddling together beneath the plaid design.

"If I'm being honest, I find football boring," I confessed.

"Then why did you want to come," he lowly chuckled, his blue eyes shining over at me.

"Because I... I wanted to be here with you. I thought it might be more fun if we were together. I do like the blanket idea."

"Do you want to get out of here?"

"We drove Clementine and Tobey here though."

"So? We can get back in time. We already ate, so what else would you like to do?"

"Can we just drive and see where the road takes us," I requested.

"Yeah," he confirmed, licking his lips before we left after telling Clementine and Tobey.

"I love fall weather, but not sitting on cold bleachers. I think it's starting to rain a little too," I frowned.

"Yeah, I felt a few sprinkles. Did your parents tell you about this upcoming week?"

"Yeah, they said how I could either stay with my aunt, or your mom offered to have me. I mean, sometimes I just stay home when they go on long business trips, but a week's longer than usual."

"Do you have any idea what you're going to do?" We were now cruising along the road, the heat blasting.

"I think I'd rather stay at your house... I mean, it's closer to school, and... it might be fun. It will be like a sleepover every night."

"Okay, but don't expect me to put green stuff on my face."

"You saw us the other night," I asked, my jaw dropping.

"Yeah, I happened to see you through the window. It looked like you were having fun, dancing-"

"Wait, we were dancing in our underwear. You saw all of that?"

He started straight ahead as his face flushed, licking his lips nervously. "I-i-i didn't mean to. I mean, I wasn't really looking at Clementine, I was looking at you, because..."

"Because why," I teased, but inside my heart was hammering.

"Because you looked so pretty just dancing like that. I mean, you looked completely relaxed."

"And my bra had nothing to do with it?"

"Hey, I wouldn't have looked if you were naked. I'm not some peeping tom."

I bit my lower lip as I tried not to smile, looking out my window as we sped along. "You brought me to your driveway," I asked in amusement.

"I wasn't sure where else to go," he blushed, keeping the engine running so the vehicle was warm.

"It will be weird staying at your house. I mean, if I need anything, I'll be able to just run back to my house," I giggled softly.

"Yeah, I didn't think of that." He licked his lips repeatedly as he became lost in thought. "You want to go into the house?"

"Okay. Do you have any sweets?"

"We always do." We both stepped into the house, him giving me a bowl full of vanilla ice cream with caramel drizzled on top. He settled for the same thing only with chocolate syrup. We ate in silence for awhile until I noticed someone missing.

"Where's your mom," I wondered.

"She went into town with some friends. I think they were going to have supper together."

I nodded a little bit before sticking another spoonful into my mouth. "So, am I going to be sleeping on the couch when I move in for the week?"

"Yeah, or you can take my room. My mom didn't even get mad when we shared last time," he softly chuckled.

"She knows we're just good friends," I replied, but it pained me to say it.

"Yeah, you can settle in here on Sunday. Your parents are leaving that morning, right?"

"Right," I confirmed, us continuing to enjoy our snacks.

Saturday came faster than I expected, and Clementine and I were getting ready up in my room.

"Are you sure this dress fits me okay," I double checked. I was in a sleeveless silver dress that reflected the light with small circles

"Yeah. Do you have any invisible straps though? You know like clear," Clementine questioned.

"I think I have a couple in my drawer over there."

"Okay, I'm just going to sew these on for you. I think it will stay up, but it's a little loose around your chest."

"Yeah, because I have nothing there. I don't know what Leo sees in me, if he sees anything," I murmured on the end.

"Tobey even told us Leo's crushing on you. You two will get together eventually. Who knows? Maybe it will be tonight." She wiggled her eyebrows, causing me to laugh as she kept fixing my outfit. "I think it's already obvious how anxious he is to see you."

"What makes you say that?"

"He's looking up at your window again," she pointed out, causing my skin to heat up.

"Sometimes I keep the curtains open on purpose, in case he's around. It's just comforting to know someone cares about me that much. You know, that there's always someone there, especially if I'm home alone."

"Yeah, you two are the cutest."

"So, are you and Tobey."

"Thanks," she slightly laughed. "I'm hoping we'll get things worked out soon too."

I was actually nervous when Leo met me in the driveway, him looking me up and down before his line of sight landed on my face. He then gave me the most beautiful smile in the world, looking handsome in his black suit and bowtie.

"You look really beautiful, Alyssa," he complimented once we reached each other.

My hair was up in an elegant bun, wispy curls framing my face in the front. "Thanks. You look pretty great yourself," I said. I saw Tobey in awe of Clementine when they met up. She was wearing a light green dress that shimmered.

When we arrived at the event, it was fun dancing in our friend group, us all taking a break for pink punch just as they were announcing the homecoming king and queen.

"And your new Homecoming King is... Leonardo DiCaprio," the girl up there announced.

I was shocked that the quarterback didn't get it, everyone applauding and cheering for the blonde boy as he headed for the stage.

"And your new Homecoming Queen is... Jesse Smith!"

My face fell as the brunette went to Leo's side. She was one of the most popular girls in our grade, and everything about her was beautiful. Her hair was straightened and extra sleek with honey blonde highlights complimenting it. They both received their crowns as people clapped again, them getting to dance together.

"I'm sure Leo doesn't have any interest in her. They've never even talked before," Clementine reassured me.

I pressed my lips together as they danced close, Tobey touching my shoulder soothingly.

"Trust me, Leo likes you," he claimed, but my doubts were clouding my brain.

Once Leo had rejoined us, I was still feeling sad and insecure, faking my best smile.

"Hey, you want to do the next slow dance," Leo asked me, causing my emotions to do a full 360 degrees. I went from being distressed to getting a bunch of butterflies.

"Okay," I agreed, worried he would be able to feel my heartbeat as we swayed together.

"I didn't think I would win Homecoming King. I don't even talk to anybody, but you, Tobey, and Clementine."

"They all think you're really cute. The girls are crazy about you. I mean, you know that. We've talked about it before."

"I know, but I don't think I'm the most popular guy here."

"I think you are, at least to me."

He smiled softly as he spun me around before pressing his body against mine, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"It looks like Tobey and Clementine are having trouble staying away from each other," I observed, since I saw them hide behind a plant, probably to make out.

"Yeah. Are you sure you don't want to stay over tonight? Your parents leave pretty early, don't they?"

"You really want me around more than necessary?"

"I would be okay with you staying two weeks."

I kissed his cheek extra softly, not sure where the confidence came from. "I can come over tonight, but I'll have to finish packing."

"I can help you," he promised.

So, straight after the dance Leo joined me in my room, helping to put my things together. When we got over to his house I was exhausted, and I found it sweet how he let me use the bathroom first. When I stepped out with my bare face and simple pajamas I felt exposed, but he almost seemed cross eyed by how his eyes studied my face closely.

"Can we share your bed again? I think I'm too worn out to go back downstairs," I blushed.

"Yeah, I'll be out soon, okay," he whispered, kissing my forehead before shutting the door to the bathroom.

"Okay," I whispered to the wooden barrier, hope fluttering in my chest that maybe he was getting closer to being ready to date.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you so much! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 111 15
"Is it really your anxiety that stops you from giving me everything? Or do you just not want to?"
2.6K 106 14
"A message in a bottle is all I can do, Standin' here, hopin' it gets to you, You could be the one that I keep, and I could be the reason you can't...
57.7K 338 15
"I know it's wrong but it feels so right, please?"
9.5K 78 13
I've seen a lot of sides of him, the broken boy, the hurt boy, the boy he hides behind; the fun, mischievous side, but this is different, it looks li...