The Forgotten Side Character...

By Zarithyuane

(hiatus as mental health is declining) After almost ten years of hiding and living under another identity, I... More

ꜱʏɴᴏᴘꜱɪꜱ
ғɪʀsᴛ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ
ɴᴏʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇs
ɪᴄʜɪ
ɴɪ
sᴀɴ
ʏᴏɴ
ɢᴏ
ʀᴏᴋᴜ
ɴᴀɴᴀ
ʜᴀᴄʜɪ
ᴋʏᴜᴜ
ᴊᴜᴜ
ᴊᴜᴜɪᴄʜɪ
ᴊᴜᴜɴɪ
ᴊᴜᴜsᴀɴ
ᴊᴜᴜʏᴏɴ
ᴊᴜᴜɢᴏ
ᴊᴜᴜʀᴏᴋᴜ
ᴊᴜᴜɴᴀɴᴀ
ᴊᴜᴜʜᴀᴄʜɪ
ᴊᴜᴜᴋʏᴜᴜ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜɪᴄʜɪ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜɴɪ
ANNOUNCEMENT
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜsᴀɴ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜʏᴏɴ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜ-ɢᴏ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜʀᴏᴋᴜ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜɴᴀɴᴀ
ɴɪᴊᴜᴜʜᴀᴄʜɪ
ꜱᴀɴᴊᴜᴜ
ꜱᴀɴᴊᴜᴜɪᴄʜɪ

ɴɪᴊᴜᴜᴋʏᴜ

381 15 0
By Zarithyuane

.•° ✿ °•.

NIJUU-KYU (二十九)

°•. ✿ .•°
||I have two brats,(on) the left and the right PART I||

Allen was happily munching on his food in the kitchen when a knock came on the partially opened door, followed by a servant's voice asking, "Is Sir Allen here?"

He raised his head, still munching on his food, before lifting his arm up to the question, "That’s me."

"His Highness, The Crown Prince, requests your presence at his drawing room immediately."

"I'll be right there, spare me a moment." Allen responded, shoving the last bits of the pie in his mouth, before bidding the chef goodbye.

It hasn't been long since he has entered the Palace, but surprisingly he is already used to life inside––to be specific–– enjoying his daily visit in the kitchen.

Jesting about his principle and motto that it is now, 'A person who gives you food is a good person, and if he puts poison on it— just simply take a potion!'

"Allen, some new fresh fruits will arrive from the garden later, so don't forget to stop by." The chef he befriended reminded him, "You have to teach me how to make the salad made out of fruits!", he quickly added.

Heaven indeed. His mouth started watering at the thought of food. A typical glutton.

The young man then hippity hopped his way to the Crown Prince's Office with glee, but stopped when he saw who was standing by the door.

Todd's eyes beamed at the sight of Allen, who is walking nearer, awkwardly standing by the entrance of the room as he called out, "Allen!"

"..."

"This servant greets the emerging sun of the Empire and the Duke." He greeted which the Crown Prince nodded at, before entering with the two.

"I have heard that you have called for me, Young Master. "

"Summoning you wasn't my idea, but the Duke's." The man with the royal bloodline coughed, explaining from behind the table.

"I see." Allen nodded, secretly screaming inside.

"Is there something I can help you with, My lord?" Allen inquired while smiling darkly though the Duke seemed to have not noticed it and instead smiled brightly.

The Duke was about to answer when the Crown Prince said, "The weather seems to be wonderful outside, Allen, why don't you guide the Duke for a quick walk?" 

I don't think the weather is wonderful at all, to be exact, it seems like it'll rain cats and dogs. Allen thought, feeling troubled, but as he knows he cannot refuse, he just followed Todd outside like a dog with his tail between his legs.

It just happens to be the day Allen is meeting with Musume as well for something but it seemed it’d have to wait for a bit longer.

Allen can only sigh secretly at this sad news.

[Garden]

"It seems the Young Prince was correct after all, today's weather is splendid. Am I right?" Todd muttered, turning to his child with a smile.

"Haha, indeed." It's not.

Silence soon engulfed their conversation. They were awkward with one another, evidently not used to the other— after all these years of being separated.

"Child,"

Allen flinched at the sudden call, "Y-yes, Duke." 

".. My apologies."

"...? Pardon?"

"I feel guilty for letting you go through your horrible childhood… I should have acted like a better father."

What'd he say??

"Duke, I do not think this is something we should be talking about he-"

He looked down as he continued, "I do know that I am bothering your precious time and I am ashamed, even more so after all these years I haven't—"

Allen snapped before he could continue on, "It is a good thing that you are aware of your faults, good for you.". He glanced at him with emotionless eyes, "But it's not something that can be forgiven so easily, as you clearly neglected someone for nearly a decade. That is not worthy of being forgiven with an insincere apology. As for me accepting your apology… I apologize but I cannot do so."

"I… understand, but let us both take our time to cherish the present and-"

"-forget the past? Move on? Pardon?" Allen cutted him off, bursting into laughter, before stopping to look at him mockingly, "It seems you have forgotten what happened to me. The past where I almost died, if not for a certain someone who sacrificed theirs instead. It is not something I can forget that easily even after a decade has passed!"

"You do not know how that day still haunts me to this day. Every night and every time I close my eyes— I see her, dying every time." He continued, emphasizing the last part while gritting his teeth together.

"I was helpless then, but I don't want to be a coward now. You took me back with the thought of agreeing with my decision. You know why I'm here in the first place and I thought you respect that?"

"Alia-"

"Duke Todd Reed Montagné, my name is Allen. Please, remember that."

"Do also keep in mind that you must know why you are asking for forgiveness first  and try to be in the shoes of the person you are asking for forgiveness for once. This is not the right time nor place to talk about this. Thus, forgive me, but I must excuse myself." Allen finished as he turned around, leaving Todd stunned.

"Hopefully you'll reflect on what you're supposed to be sorry for— during our time apart, Duke."

Todd could only watch the back of the child he pledged to protect. He agreed to take her in, knowing that revenge occupied her mind, yes. But he knew Lily wouldn't like that thought so he tried to nip it in the bud. But it seems that in the time they were apart, Alianna had already set her mind on it—enough to know the consequences of her actions, already bracing for the worst.

Todd had no choice but to blame himself. He let the kid, he was entrusted with, down. He let that person's happiness slip by the years that passed by and cannot blame her for her actions as only his was to blame.

He sighed with one of his hands on his temple, "What do I do now, Achi…"

Allen supported his stomach as he sped up his walk, stopping by the pond bridge to take a breather.

Crap, I may have had indigestion.

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

Musume was seen arriving at the meeting spot he and Allen planned to meet at, but instead of seeing a grinning cheshire he stumbled upon sadness*.

"Noona,", he called out as Allen grabbed the satchel** by his shoulder, "Did anyone perhaps make you eat spoiled food?", he asked only to receive a knock on his head.

"Brat, do I only feel down when it's about food?"

"Knock on my head again and I'll become even dumber, but to answer your question; yes, most of the time."

Allen just sighed loudly, shaking his head while proceeding to walk in pace with Musume.

The tiny boy only glanced at him, keeping up with the pace.

"We missed you." Musume started which Allen cackled at. "Oh, did you now?***" He sarcastically asked.

"This does sound insane, but we do miss you."

“When you left, the house became so quiet that I could even hear Papa talk crap about the long queue of customers and the fact there's only two employees to help–– minus me, of course. I do the dishes, have I told you yet just how high was the mountain of dishes that I washed a few days ago???"

"When I was washing the plates clean then I looked on my right side— there were new ones there. Carried by Papa with his panda eyes. Not only happened once, not twice nor anything nice!"

He let out a chuckle, “Uh, I can hear him shrieking from that."

"He did shriek. Madly even, before I left home. Lunch time will be the end for him now."

"Uncle Ash will be furious when he find out you opened your crow mouth****."

Musume got a recommendation letter from someone he and Allen used to work for, and surprisingly passed the test. He is now appointed to live in the Palace and is currently receiving a tour from his closest relative, Allen.

"But seriously, what happened?"

"Ah, it’s Alfredo." Allen said, waving aggressively before running to Alfredo's way.

Musume sighed, but quietly followed. He knew that once Allen wanted to talk about his problem, he would open it up himself.

"Alfredo, it's been a while!!"

"It has been awhile, milady. You must have missed this old man to the extent of running to my way, smiling from ear to ear."

" I DID NOTT!"

Allen is not the kind of person who is easy to be persuaded out of something once he has set his mind on it. For now, what is important is Allen is smiling once more, going back to his joyous self.

"Noona did, you saw how she launched on you like a monkey. She missed us thiiissss muchhh." Musume commented, extending his arms widely.

"Brat, stop giving false information!!"

"All I said is nothing but the factual truth."

And that is something that no one can ever take away from them, whoever they are.

"ALLEN, ARE YOU SKIPPING WORK AGAIN?" A certain butler shouted out from inside a building.

"Oh shi-" He ran off, racing away from the two.

Even if they are blood related or not.

"Shall we pray for you or something?" Alfredo asked, who is running side by side with them for some reason.

"I'll get the coffin." A trusty Musume commented nonchalantly.

Boink!

"YA! STOP HITTING MY HEAD!"

❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

*Sadness- it is only an expression like the cheshire cat=cunning, grins a lot. Sadness here is the sadness from Inside Out, who is yk always feeling blue.
**Satchel- is a small uhh leather bag that was used by romans before, and not the satchel that we use to this day. You can say, it looks like slingbags for the material gohrls of the ancient times but mostly used in wars(?). A marching bag? Satchels most of the time come with/or used with a sarcina or luggage. Correct me if im wrong.

*Satchel pic* kudos to the camera man who went back in time for this glorious example jk.
***Crow mouth- In Chinese, if someone has a 乌鸦嘴 (crow’s mouth) it means when they open their mouth, what they say will come true. Mostly good things don't come true but bad things does. i.e. Musume 'badmouthed' Lashliot in a way where it feels like he is cursing him.

Edited by:thelazykrazie
Date:Saturday, July 09 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 432 55
"Where am I?" You ask when you woke up from the slumber on which you are now in a different room or a place. Your memory must have been damaged, but...
512K 31.1K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
1.2M 71.2K 145
[Check my profile for the new version of this story!!] [This is so... I wrote this when I was 16 😭] [KnY Various x Isekai!Reader] If you're honest w...
11.7K 5.3K 37
Unknown to the average human world, there is a place where every supernatural being that fuels nightmares resides. Shielded completely from prying ey...