ɴɪᴊᴜᴜᴋʏᴜ

.•° ✿ °•.

NIJUU-KYU (二十九)

°•. ✿ .•°
||I have two brats,(on) the left and the right PART I||

Allen was happily munching on his food in the kitchen when a knock came on the partially opened door, followed by a servant's voice asking, "Is Sir Allen here?"

He raised his head, still munching on his food, before lifting his arm up to the question, "That’s me."

"His Highness, The Crown Prince, requests your presence at his drawing room immediately."

"I'll be right there, spare me a moment." Allen responded, shoving the last bits of the pie in his mouth, before bidding the chef goodbye.

It hasn't been long since he has entered the Palace, but surprisingly he is already used to life inside––to be specific–– enjoying his daily visit in the kitchen.

Jesting about his principle and motto that it is now, 'A person who gives you food is a good person, and if he puts poison on it— just simply take a potion!'

"Allen, some new fresh fruits will arrive from the garden later, so don't forget to stop by." The chef he befriended reminded him, "You have to teach me how to make the salad made out of fruits!", he quickly added.

Heaven indeed. His mouth started watering at the thought of food. A typical glutton.

The young man then hippity hopped his way to the Crown Prince's Office with glee, but stopped when he saw who was standing by the door.

Todd's eyes beamed at the sight of Allen, who is walking nearer, awkwardly standing by the entrance of the room as he called out, "Allen!"

"..."

"This servant greets the emerging sun of the Empire and the Duke." He greeted which the Crown Prince nodded at, before entering with the two.

"I have heard that you have called for me, Young Master. "

"Summoning you wasn't my idea, but the Duke's." The man with the royal bloodline coughed, explaining from behind the table.

"I see." Allen nodded, secretly screaming inside.

"Is there something I can help you with, My lord?" Allen inquired while smiling darkly though the Duke seemed to have not noticed it and instead smiled brightly.

The Duke was about to answer when the Crown Prince said, "The weather seems to be wonderful outside, Allen, why don't you guide the Duke for a quick walk?" 

I don't think the weather is wonderful at all, to be exact, it seems like it'll rain cats and dogs. Allen thought, feeling troubled, but as he knows he cannot refuse, he just followed Todd outside like a dog with his tail between his legs.

It just happens to be the day Allen is meeting with Musume as well for something but it seemed it’d have to wait for a bit longer.

Allen can only sigh secretly at this sad news.

[Garden]

"It seems the Young Prince was correct after all, today's weather is splendid. Am I right?" Todd muttered, turning to his child with a smile.

"Haha, indeed." It's not.

Silence soon engulfed their conversation. They were awkward with one another, evidently not used to the other— after all these years of being separated.