"Who She Loved" - (Newt&Thom...

By cloudyskies13569

[under major editing and re-drafting] Book 2 of "When She Woke Up" - The Maze Runner. Read book 1 first!!! ... More

~Playlists~
~When They Were Young~
~Janson~
~A Normal Day?~
~Escaping~
~First Day In The Scorch~
~Winston~
~Jorge and His Weird Radio~
~Jorge's Favorite Song~
~The Tunnels~
~Jealousy (Thomas)~
~The Girls in Maze B~
~Curing Brenda~
~Sickly~
~The Dawn (Newt)~
~Teresa's Betrayal~
~WCKD Is Evil~
~Decisions To Make, People To Save~
Next Book Is Out!

~A Storm Was Brewing~

512 11 5
By cloudyskies13569

"He turned to look just in time to see the rain start falling out as if the storm had finally decided to weep with shame for what it had done to them."

James Dashner, The Scorch Trials

╔══════════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════════╗

After the first day, and then the second, and now on your third, everyone was tired. You were running out of water and Minho threw his bottle back in his bag in frustration after drinking the last drop. You felt this responsibility to take care of everyone, but since Winston's death, you hadn't been able to say a word. But nevertheless, you took care of them in your own ways.

You began to get thirsty after walking for a while. Newt may be psychic or something because he could tell, but you could care less.

"Here, you can have my last bit of water if you're thirsty," Newt offered, holding the bottle out in front of you.

You gave him the look that said 'I am fully convinced you were never taught the basics of living. You need water to survive.' You pushed the water bottle back towards him. He hadn't had a drink of water since you guys got up practically. He needed it more than you did. He tried to give it back to you but instead Minho barged in.

"If you guys aren't going to drink the water then I am," he stated before taking half the rest of it. When he handed it back to Newt you practically forced the remaining down his throat. After a minute, Newt admitted to it.

"Thanks, y/n, I guess I needed that water more than I thought I did." You just tried to smile at him, glad you were able to help. Even if you had to force him to drink it.

Each step you took on the dusty surface reminded you that you guys were closer to the mountains and finding the Right Arm. You hadn't lost hope yet.

That night, you couldn't fall asleep. Winston shouting at you replayed over and over again in your head. So, you walked a bit away from the group of sleeping people and lay on your back, with your limbs spread out. You stared up into the night sky, willing yourself to think of something happy. The only thing that came to mind at that moment was Newt and Thomas. You liked Newt's hair and Thomas's eyes. How adventurous and kind the two were and how well they worked together as a pair. Then your mind ventured to Minho, Winston, and Frypan. And finally landed on Teresa. After going through all the things you were happy for you decided your Glade family was the top of the list.

After you stared at the stars for what seemed like an eternity you saw someone approaching. It was Thomas.

"Hey, why are you still awake?" he inquired carefully.

You shrugged not sure how to answer him. Every time you closed your eyes you were closer and closer to falling asleep anyways. So it's not like it was going to be long.

"Y/n, answer me," Thomas pleaded, placing his hand on top of your outstretched one. You glanced at him beside you. Like the night you had woken up in the Glade, you got lost in his eyes. You were in a trance before he waved a hand in front of your face.

You opened your mouth but closed it again out of fear. Scared you would say something that would ruin somebody's life again.

"Hey, clover," Thomas said, using his nickname for you. This got your attention. "Is it because of what Winston said to you?"

You slowly nodded before turning on your side and squeezing Thomas's hand. He pulled you into him and wrapped his arms around you.

"He wasn't himself okay? Don't give up hope yet," Thomas began. "Also, I think you should stop with this silent treatment," he proclaimed, reaching a finger up to poke you on the nose. "Everyone is more depressed because you're not talking, so maybe if you start talking again people will be happier?"

"Okay," you quietly whispered. He grinned at that, and that was all you needed before you fell asleep under the stars with Thomas. Not knowing what lay ahead of you.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

In the middle of the night, you woke up to thunder. You got it now, you were scared of loud noises. But this was not time for that, every rumble you heard made you flinch. Then, when you looked around there were lights in the distance. Being wrapped in Thomas's arms you lightly tapped and poked him, trying to wake him up. Your voice was raspy but you tried your best. When he finally opened his eyes you pointed towards the lights.

"Look-" you said. Thomas grabbed ahold of your hand and he stood up before pulling you up as well. He dusted you off and then himself and you ran over to the others.

"Hey, get up!" Thomas tried to say. His voice was dry and cracking. The lack of water was getting to you guys.

"I see something," you explained when everybody came to. Then, everybody saw the lights.

"It's lights," Thomas says, his voice cracking and the pitch raising an octave.

"We made it," Newt said before a bolt of lightning struck the ground. You jumped and your heart leapt into your throat. Your hands started shaking and your head started pounding. You couldn't move. You felt paralyzed with fear.

"Okay, let's go. We gotta go!" Thomas said, tugging your hand.

"Yeah," Newt complied and everyone grabbed the supplies. You just stood there frozen. You watched the storm draw closer.

"C'mon y/n!" Newt yelled which snapped you out of it but not enough to move. He ran back and grabbed your other hand as Thomas continually dragged you along which finally seemed to get your legs working. The storm was surging behind you and everyone ran.

"Hurry!" Thomas yelled.

"Go! Run!" Teresa said.

"Keep moving, come on!"

"Let's go!!!"

The lightning was getting closer and you saw it strike the ground around you.

"We're getting closer!" Thomas yelled. This inspired you for that last bit of endurance you had. You ran past a car, Newt dragging you still by the hand. But the lightning struck the car which caused him to let go. You looked up before seeing it.

"MINHO!" you yelled and pushed him to the side. You felt it before you saw it and then you realized what happened and all you could hear was this high pitch noise. You were thrown to the side before blacking out.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

(other pov)

"Y/N!!!" Minho yelled beside you, he too had the ringing noise in his ears. Thomas had been close enough to be affected by this as well, but after seeing you laying there, unmoving, he screamed out for you. y/n's body was smoking, and everyone ran out to help her get inside. Aris got there first, seeing Thomas and Minho in a distressed state but realizing that their hearing was being affected. Confusion taking place over both Minho and Thomas's features. The rest of them picked you up, Newt screaming for you to wake up as they carried you inside. The lightning strikes continuing relentlessly.

Thomas and Minho managed to make it to their feet though and ran inside after everyone else. Everyone filed inside and Frypan shut the door immediately afterwards.

"What just happened?" someone asked.

"She took the hit for me," Minho said.

"Does anyone have a light?" Then a flashlight clicked on and all they could see was y/n's lifeless face.

"Y/N!!" Thomas screamed, holding your face. "C'mon I can't lose you too!"

"Wake up, y/n!" Minho yelled. Everyone was saying y/n's name over and over telling her to wake up.

"Come on, y/n! Please!" Newt said, crouching beside Thomas with the flashlight. "You have to wake up!" he cried.

"Please y/n, please!" Thomas pleaded. "Please wake up. Not you too."

"Come on, you're strong! y/n stay strong!" Minho said. He was touched you would do such a thing for him. Even if he teased you all the time.

All the pleading was to no avail though, y/n still lay there, unmoving.

Thomas began to cry, and Newt as well. Minho sat in the back, stone-faced but looking ready to bawl. Aris didn't know you that well but he too wiped at his eyes furiously. Teresa standing behind everyone and doing the same as Frypan wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

The thunder overhead boomed as Thomas laid his head on your chest sobbing. "C'mon, please, not you too! Please no, please! I never got to tell you!" he cried, his voice cracked and broke and sometimes the words didn't come out at all, which is why no one caught the last sentence.

Newt held onto your limp hand, squeezing it and kissing it and leaning his forehead against it. They cried for y/n to get back up, to be strong, to fight again.

╚══════════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════════╝

1499 words

Thank you for reading this chapter!! I'm kinda on a writing spree right now!!

QOTD: Reese's puffs, Reese's puffs, eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up!

Not sponsored by Reese's puffs. (would be cool though?)

I just remember going on a super long bus ride and there was a group of girls that kept saying this over and over and over again. ;-;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 518 37
Story credit : @xoxewonzzn " I Love You soobin " " I love you too Hee-young " _______________________ " HEE YOUNG " " I will never fall in love aga...
104K 2.8K 11
(Book 2)[COMPLETED] The six Pevensies return to Narnia after a year and find it vastly different from when they left it. During the one year they wer...
3.1K 149 9
Where 13 YouTubers get sent to live with eachother for a YouTube challenge.
24.6K 789 31
!book 2 is up now! after a few attempts on your life (yes, yours!) the ministry of magic transfers you to hogrwarts from drumstrang, same year as the...