Eros

Par SophieShambles

"I'm going to catch you up to speed here Eros. We're going to fuck, if that's alright with you." Six hundred... Plus

Introduction
The Before
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
Common World News
Conclusion

Chapter Twenty

1.3K 87 18
Par SophieShambles

The dreams were upon her again.

This time, both men were in it.

From a bird's eye view, Angie watched Eros stroll into his throne room where Ares was already waiting. The men didn't greet each other much. Angie figured they'd probably seen each other the day before.

Both men wore togas, tanned within their Greek climate.

When Eros entered, Ares straightened, looking all too comfortable in his friend's throne. "When do you intend to move against the fates?"

"Why the rush? We have all the time in the world."

"Time is a tactical advantage."

"But without planning time is useless." Angie took in everything she could, learning. These men were close. There was no doubt about it. How quickly will Eros throw me under the bus for him? "Relax, I have an army of angels. I'll move when I'm ready to."

Ares rolled his eyes. "You have an army of de-winged, fallen angels that she's already cast aside."

"Angels that know heaven inside out."

"Pity it's not heaven where we'll be hosting our attack."

Hang on. Back up.

This dream was new.

Who were they trying to attack?

They spoke about heaven. Was Eros starting a war?

What's he pulled me into?

No wonder they were both targets. Eros was making enemies. And as ever, Ares was right there by his side.

"You have an army too," Eros pointed out.

"But will it be enough? The longer you wait, the more time you give the Other World to prepare," Ares said.

"The faster you move, the more weaknesses you leave to be attacked," Eros chided.

"The longer you wait, the more weaknesses you create."

"Relax, Ares. What we're doing is working. The fate has eyes and ears everywhere." What was the fate? Who was his latest enemy? Is this what he's dragged me into? "We take them down, we take down her outside. Then we move onto the inside."

Ares seemed to be understanding, which was good for some. Angie, six hundred years later, had no idea what was happening. "So that's why you're spending all your time on the centaur."

Centaurs exist too?

"The centaur's a pawn and he's predictable," Eros answered. "I know what he wants. When I give it to him, he'll be easy to manipulate when I take it away."

Ah—the reminder. The reminder that Eros couldn't be trusted.

Here he was again, posing as someone's friend just to turn on them.

How was Angie supposed to trust that?

Inevitably, this would only ever bring her harm.

So, moral of the story, Angie, a human, couldn't trust either of these men as far as she could throw them. And even if Eros presented himself as someone she could trust, she had to remember that snake in the grass.

At the first sign of benefit to himself, he'd drop Angie in an instant.

To them, Angie didn't matter. Bringing Eros back to life was what mattered. So if she had to die for that to happen, then that was okay with them.

I don't want to die.

She needed something. Something to cling onto. Her own secret weapon.

Angie refused to die for this. Those men had lived for long enough.

I haven't lived at all.

"Angie?"

If those men were going to double cross her, then she'd do everything in her power to remain one step ahead.

"Ange? Wake up."

She swatted at the air, but the oversized fly caught her hand by the wrist.

He held it too tightly for her to snatch it away, crawling up onto the mattress beside her.

"That's not very nice."

"Go away," She croaked, regretting it instantly. The room was immersed in darkness. Angie had no idea how long she'd been sleeping for. But it was long enough for the pain to take root.

Eros winced, cold hands lifting towards her throat. He patted it gently. Oddly enough, it kind of helped.

"Shh, stop talking. You'll hurt yourself more."

"I'm—"

"Trying to sleep. I know. But I don't want you to sleep on this." He laid down beside her, propping his face up on his hand to see her better. In the dark, she could just about see his outline. "I want us to be on the same page," He whispered. "We're supposed to be working as a team. And I've been thinking about this. I don't want you to sleep until you and I have an understanding."

An understanding.

Would he do the same thing to her that he did to the other people he worked with?

Give her what she wanted only so he could take it away?

What do I want?

Angie wanted to live. She wanted normalcy. Was that too much to ask for?

"Okay, first thing's first, I'm sorry Ange."

Sorry?

Had she heard that correctly?

Eros was saying he was sorry.

Well I'll be damned.

But sorry didn't change the bruising across her neck. Sorry wouldn't stop the pain. Sorry didn't make this situation any easier for her.

"Sorry's... not going to cut it."

"I know. And I wish it would, but I know it won't." He dropped a hand to her stomach, just showing her he was present. And damn it, Angie was feeling so alone that the little touch felt nice. "You were trusting me and I let you down. And yeah, I was shocked, but that can't be allowed to happen. I should've acted sooner. It's my fault that you're suffering."

She breathed slowly, trying to make sense of what he was saying.

Trying not to get too overwhelmed.

"Maybe... maybe if another—one of your friends—comes along... I'll lose a leg before you act."

Sure, he was reaching out with an olive branch here—but she was still in a lot of pain.

Sorry didn't change anything.

But it spurred something dormant within Eros.

In an instant, he had his leg flung over Angie's body. Straddling her, he pressed her back into the mattress. She could barely see his face, but she could feel the intensity burning in his eyes.

"That was a one-time thing. I swear to you, it's not going to happen again. I regret letting it happen at all. I'll keep you safe, okay?" He forced her to look at him. There was no way of getting out of this. He wouldn't let her. "I know it's hard to believe considering today, but I promise you this won't happen again."

How was she supposed to respond to that?

She played on the ache in her throat.

"Hmm."

"Look at it this way. With Ares around, no one in their right mind is going to come after us. You've got a physical, living God backing your corner. Who'd be stupid enough to challenge that?"

"He's not... backing my corner."

Ares didn't even like her. If the opportunity to get rid presented itself, chances are that man would take it.

"Ange, he'll do whatever's in my best interest." He spoke with such certainty, it'd almost pain her to refute it. "If I want to keep you safe, then he'll keep you safe too."

"Your best interest... isn't what you want."

"He won't hurt you. I won't fucking let him, understand? You're growing on me too fucking fast Evangeline DeCentum."

An idea struck her amidst his ranting. Amidst his promises, fear trickled through her veins like ice.

"What if...?"

"What if what?"

Don't voice it. Voicing it would make it real. Saying it aloud would put the idea into the God's head. The last thing she wanted to do was play the catalyst to her own death.

"It doesn't matter."

Angie was Eros' foothold into existence. They'd established this already. He couldn't touch anything, but he could touch Angie. And so long as he was touching Angie, he had the means of touching other things too. He could be heard by Angie. Angie could see him.

So she was his key to existence. What if the only way for him to come back fully was by getting rid of that foothold?

What if Angie had to die for Eros to return?

He'd said it himself. Ares would do whatever was in Eros' best interest, including killing her.

And Eros' 'loyalty' would only go so far. If it came down to his own life and hers, it didn't take a genius to guess which he'd choose.

What if the only way for Eros to come back to life was by killing Angie?

And he'd do it. She'd had the dreams. Since she was a kid, she'd been seeing this man kill without hesitation.

The pills could stop the dreams from happening, but they'd never take away the memory of the things she'd seen.

Besides, Angie was a mortal. Eros didn't like mortals. She'd seen that too. And not just in the dreams.

She'd seen it in her bedroom.

Discovering Angie's mortality was a shade worse than dying.

Her hostility heightened.

"Apology denied."

She pushed at his chest to no avail.

The God wasn't moving.

"I'm not letting you sleep until we see eye to eye on this."

Her hands stayed on his shoulders when she figured the pushing wouldn't work. "Look, I'll...go to Greece... I'll do... whatever needs... to be done. I'll—do whatever you need. But this... ends there. I don't... want to be... your friend. I want...nothing to do with you."

Take a breath Angie.

Her throat was killing her.

It'd only get worse through the night.

"Oh baby." He pinched her side. "That's strike six. Think about what you're saying before you say it. You'll hurt my feelings."

"Bring back... the sweetheart."

"Why?" When she turned her head to the side away from him, he pressed his cheek to hers. "So you can shut me out? So you can pretend that I'm the biggest dick you've ever met?" Yes, and uh, yes. "It's not going to stop the feelings from coming Ange." The knot in her stomach tightened. Feelings? Who said anything about feelings? "I know you're feeling this too. You're so deeply attracted to me that it's maddening. And you just want to get this shit over and done with—but you can't help the way you keep looking at me. Picturing me in every position. Thinking of what I'll do to you. I know you like it dirty Ange. All you have to do is say the words."

"I've got... no idea... what you're... talking about."

Oh he was onto her alright.

Angie was feeling sex depraved—and here was Eros.

"Just like that Angie, fuck!" He hissed down her ear, hands tightening either side of her. Subtly, he ground his hips into hers. Just the tiniest little bit. And God, he was rock hard. "You feel so good baby."

"Nope."

No stirrings of heat or passion or need whatsoever.

"You're so fucking sexy, Evangeline. So fucking sexy."

"Not—working."

"At all?"

"At all."

He smirked against her skin. "I'll switch it up for you baby. Starting with these curves." Another pinch to her sides. "Angie, if you knew half of the things I want to do to you."

"Like what?"

"Did I say you could talk, little slut?"

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That time she felt it.

That knot tightened, exploding into a flare of heat that took root right at her core. She thrashed, squirming to ram her thighs together, but his knee had been strategically placed in her way.

"I know what'll shut you up, little bitch."

Ah fuck—he'll choke me with his cock.

No! Thoughts dispelled! Thoughts dispelled!

"Say you're sorry Evangeline."

"For—what?"

His knee nestled itself higher between her legs. One harsh push to her core had her crying out. "I'm sorry!"

"Good girl baby." He kissed her cheek. "Now get some sleep." He rolled to her side. "And remember this when you wake up. You and I are friends. You're mine, Angie. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you again."

Perplexed and a little flabbergasted, she watched him leave her room.

What just happened?

She teased a finger beneath her panties—soaking wet.

Because Eros, the bastard, had her figured out. Angie didn't want his pretty words. She didn't want those empty compliments he kept reserved for his nymphs.

Angie wanted his punishment. She wanted his cruelty.

And that asshat twat face son of a bitch had her figured out.

Raging, she snagged her book- the one she planned to keep out of Ares' reach.

She scribbled down a frenzied question, holding her breath.

Do I have to die?

A response never came.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

299K 9.9K 42
"V&L" read our initials. So delicately carved into a now surely dead Henry's plum-colored flesh. His glazed eyes continue to stare in my direction-Th...
461K 28.7K 93
Soon, I was thrusting my chest out to him, as I moaned. Moaned out loud. Trying to give him unhindered passage to my breasts. "Please" I moaned. "Pl...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...