Secrets Must Be Hidden (Batma...

By newsies_fan123

BAD DESCRIPTION SORRY Scarlet has been looked after by Bruce Wayne for many years living the normal life. Un... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Reunion
Chapter 2: The Long Mission
A/N UPDATE SOON
Chapter 3: Fair
Chapter 4: The Gala
Scarlet and Tim's Friendgroup
Chapter 6: The New Student at Gotham Academy
Chapter 7: The Wing and The Hood
Chapter 8: Just Tell Her.
Chapter 9: Becoming Detectives
Chapter 10: Maze pt1
Chapter 11: Maze Part Two
Chapter 12: Overwhelmed
Chapter 13: The Attic Club
Lore Book
This is why I will always Update
Mini Series !
Decision Made
Chapter 14: Roy Harper
Chapter 15: The Curious Meeting
RED HOOD STORY
Update in June
NEW BOOK COVER !

Chapter 5: Rooftop Meet Up

330 11 0
By newsies_fan123

"Ahhh"

"Not them again!"

"Why do they keep showing up!?"

The family had been patroling every single night since the Gala incident and still, nothing was found. They interrogated every gang member or robber who had been doing crime that night or ended up looking suspicious. However, though they saved the city from some crime, there was no information to be gained. Somewhere in the dark city, where crime was at an all-time high and the streets begged to be saved, had the answers. They just weren't looking hard enough.
Batman called all the boys to meet at the tower he was on. Though there were arguments with Damian, he put each of the older boys with the younger ones so they had a guardian with them. Dick fighting alongside Tim and Jason being stuck with Damian. Though the young boy would deny it, Batman knew Damian would appreciate fighting with Jason due to his skill and in Damian's words "Not a goody two shoes like Dick".

Each one of the boys landed on the rooftop. Rain would soon pick up and it concluded that they have searched and fought the city enough for that night. Batman signaled the batmobile to their location as they discussed their night. The Red Hood put his hands up "I know you will all roll your eyes. But I'm going to say this is all a waste of time. We haven't anything at all. I say we just wait till something happens" Nightwing then continued the conversation by stating that the longer they wait the more the other team is planning. It may be tough but someone in the city must know something. "These guys are masterminds. They can keep their secrets hidden. I say we save our time and recourses for when something comes up" Robin piped up crossing his arms "I get we need to find an answer but, realistically, we probably won't find anything right now. The boys then sprung to their own opinions of the matter until Batman gained their attention.

"No" He started "Someone is starting something big and wants us to lose attention or interest. The moment we do they will spring into action" Batman turned to the city and glared at all the sparkling lights below. Even though rubbish poured from the bins, the fighting was constant, the police always targeted the wrong people and life was all together tough there. He knew people were just trying to live. Start a family. Even work on themselves. Batman could never give up on protecting them. Despite what others may say.

"Okay guessing you won't listen and you're the boss" Red Hood mumbled "What are your theories? It's obvious after the gala who's behind it" Batman slowly turned as he thought of all these theories. He guessed from the start that Joker would be behind this. Unless it was someone new, who else would think of such a pointless crime scene? The joker never has wanted anything. No money. No jewels. No wealth. Just power in his hands and to watch everything burn in front of him. That's why he never took anything from all those break-ins. He is looking for attention. A player in his new game. "Batman?" Red Robin called as Batman came out of his thoughts.

"I understand everyone's frustrations but we need to keep looking" He ignored the eye-roll from Robin before continuing "The Joker is leading something big. I have checked all the chemical plants and museums and any big events coming up. There are no new machines, products, or even chemicals coming in we haven't seen before. So it's well concluded that he is not after anything" After a pause, Nightwing said "Do you think then he's creating like...a crazy plan? Just to mess Gotham?" Batman said in a calm tone "I don't know. But the more leads we will get will help and any evidence. We don't know what he is after but we know it's mostly for power"

"We could try patrol during the day too?" Red Robin piped up but realised all his brothers were glaring to stop that idea "Hey! Obviously not full out. But if Joker does plan something big, he knows we mostly work at night. Maybe we haven't found anything yet is because it's all been happening during the day" Everyone looked at one another during this theory and nodded. It was a good lead to follow. Even if it's their only lead. They would be on many high alerts during the daytime. Nightwing and the Red Hood would investigate the suspicious areas of time as the younger boys sourced any secrets from their school. It may sound ridiculous but many of the students' families were rich and some had bad pasts with their wealth. Batman would then take lead in Wayne tower and see if there have been any sneaky business deals or if any partners have any new products out. Though Tim brought up an interesting point "Guys, please don't go all crazy. But what happens if this isn't the joker?"

"....Tim, the gala message had the letter J at the end. Who else would it be?"

"Hear me out" Tim put his hands "What happens if someone new is coming to the scene and is using the joker as a way to get our attention? The Joker is probably the most famous crazy guy ever. They could be messing with us" Though Robin chipped in to disagree Batman nodded "That's a good point. Look for anything that seems odd. Even the smallest stuff. It doesn't need to be directly to the joker" He turned to the Red Hood who was slightly ignoring him. Batman had tried reaching out more but nothing seemed to work. He knew he did wrong, He knew the failures and disappointments he has caused. But couldn't Jason tell he was trying?

The batmobile arrived and soon Batman, Red Robin, and Robin jumped in. Nightwing was joining the Red Hood on his motorcycle to get back home. As they zoomed across the city they silently hoped no more crime was needed to be solved. All they needed was their beds.

Tim voiced called to everyone "Hey guys, I don't think Scarlet is asleep. So be extra quiet"

"She's up at 4 am?" Bruce said disapprovingly. That was a note he needed to talk to her about.

"Her sleep time has been so messed up ever since she went to-" Tim nudged Damian before he mentioned the party. Dick then asked what he meant "OH ever since she went for those sleepovers....at her friend's...." Jason then raised an eyebrow while driving and asked " Tim are you sure Scarlet has been home all night?" Tim quickly said yeah as he met Bruce's gaze. Tim then texted quickly on the boy's chat to explain everything.

Tim - Okay so... You know that party Bruce said no to?...She went to it and is quite tipsy

Dick - How much.....

Tim - Too much that Bruce might shout.....

Damian - Which party? Who was there?

Tim - Sammy Cloud...

"She's an idiot" Jason spoke out loud seeing the messages. He realised his microphone was on and covered up by saying how someone was in the way. Making sure his microphone to Bruce was off, he turned on his text-to-speech.

Jason - She's in so much trouble.

Tim - OKay okay you can tell her off. But please not Bruce

Dick - It's fine. We will get it sorted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saying a quick goodnight to Bruce the boys all went to their rooms. Though they all secretly got together to get into Scarlet's room to make sure she was okay. They changed before into PJs and ruffled hair as if they just haven woken up.

From Tim's window, a few away from Scarlet's room, they jumped onto her balcony. She gained the privilege of having such a nice space to sit outside. Views of the gardens were picture perfect and the privacy from the noise and people was top tier.

"Scarlet" Tim whispered. They thought about breaking in her window door to her room but worried Bruce would know. After a couple of calls, the curtains moved and she opened the door for them to enter. Scarlet couldn't stay for long as she rushed to her en-suite to throw up again. The boys looked at each other before going over to her. Dick held her hair before she began speaking quietly "I didn't want to wake you" Tim said how they just wanted to make sure you were safe.....and were sorry that Jason found out.

"How could you?" Jason whispered shouted "I told you to avoid that party because I know the guys there suck. And you-" pointing towards Tim "Should have said sooner" Before he could complain more Damian defended Scarlet "Jason, you act as if you've never snuck out before"

"Damian, I helped her so many times sneak out. I don't care she's being a normal kid" Jason turned "But I know bad parties when I hear them"

"Sorry, sorry" Scarlet wanted the complaining to stop as she stumbled to bed. She had a wee bucket beside her incase anything bad happened. Dick looked at his little sister and sighed "Well you will know next time not to drink too much" Scarlet then giggled drunkenly but stopped knowing it wasn't a good time. Tim started speaking until they heard something from her closet. Jason gave the most vicious death glare.

"Scarlet, I swear if a boy is in there-"

"EW gross" Scarlet stuck her tongue out "As if I would hook up while your staying"

"EWwwww"

After more discussions the group calmed down and decided to sleep in Scarlet's room that night. She softly fell asleep as her hand fell beside the bucket. Hoping the drunken hang over in the morning wouldn't be too bad.

Hi guys! Thanks foreading! Btw the next chapter will focus on Scarlet more so don't worry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 6.1K 23
Every villain needs money, right? But in that kind of buissnes, it's hard to get it the legal way, so why not kidnap a rich child for ransom- or even...
57 0 16
Jason's back after seven years away. How's Batdad and the gang going to react to his return? How will they feel about the additions he's brought with...
231K 8.2K 38
The Batman, the dark knight of Gotham, a founding member of the Justice League...and after all this time they STILL don't even know his name! In thi...
14.1K 352 44
Kristen Heath aka Scarlet has been missing for four months. Ever since the accident at base under the Hall of Justice, she's been on a rampage. Night...