HighSchool DxD: New Head of t...

By RedHood129

After taking a different path from her, Rias's twin brother challenges her to a fight for the right of being... More

Bio
Chapter 1: The Boy Who Wonders
Chapter 2: A Brotherly Visit
Chapter 3: The Slap of Declaration
Peerage Reveal
Chapter 4: Knowing The Opponent
Chapter 5: Get Real, Uce
Chapter 7: The Battle Begins!
Chapter 8: A Literal Cat Fight
Chapter 9: The Battle Against Power
Chapter 10: A Flip of a Coin
Chapter 11: Fade to Black
Chapter 12: Post-Game Hospital Visit
Chapter 13: Throne Crowning and a Certain Phenex Bastard
Chapter 14: All for the Bloodline
Chapter 15: Training Camp With The Kin
Chapter 16: Devil Fever
Chapter 17: Make an Entrance
Chapter 18: To Her, 5 Years Ago
Chapter 19: Walk My Straight Line, Make a Splash
Chapter 20: The Will of Resistance
Chapter 21: Sweeping Back
Chapter 22: From Her, 5 Years Later

Chapter 6: No Pressure, Just Show Up

13.9K 256 101
By RedHood129

Gremory Villa
3rd Person POV
More days have past since the 8th day of the 15 day handicap training camp that was issued by Zeoticus.

The peerage of Ryan Gremory was currently practicing either works of magic, hand to hand combat or swordsmanship. As for the king of the peerage himself, Ryan, he was currently sitting in a swivel chair, studying and planning strategies.

Ryan: Hmmm......

???: What's the matter Ryan?

Ryan: Hm?

Ryan turned the chair he still was sitting on around to find himself facing Mirajane.

Ryan: Ah. I see you're here as usual.

Mirajane gave a light smile as she closed her eyes for the slightest moment.

Mirajane: Well, there are others in the clan who recognize me as your soon to be legal wife you know, such as your grandmother.

Ryan: Wait....as in the former Duchess...Chysis? Why would my grandmother think tha-oh.....

Mirajane: Someone is fast to learn.

Mirajane soon walked up to Ryan with her casual sweetest smile that she gives to everyone around her.

Mirajane: What's got you worked up?

Ryan gave a minor frown that hardly affected his facial appearance and turned back to his study.

Ryan: It seems that Rias may have a piece that will be a key impact for her if we don't utilize a plan properly, or at least a perfect backup plan for it as well.

Mirajane: Oh? Who do you mean?

Ryan soon revealed an image of a long white haired woman with a beautiful face and a voluptuous body. She wore some sort of armor that a valkyrie would wear in battle.

Ryan: I am speaking of Rias's newest piece, a rook specifically, Rossweisse.

Mirajane: Rossweisse? What makes her stand out more than the others?

???: She's a valkyrie for starters.

Ryan and Mirajane turned around once again. But this time, at the edge of the study's doorway was Chisato.

Chisato: Valkyries are powerful female warriors who serve the deities of the Norse Myrhology. They can learn or possess a vast variety of magic that can include elemental, defensive, teleportation and that's just a few they can learn. They also contain various weapons they can use when in combat.

Ryan: And since Rossweisse is a valkyrie that was once Odin's servant, it is safe to assume that she already had enhanced physical abilities before being reincarnated. Now that she's reincarnated-

Mirajane: You can assume that those abilities only gotten even more stronger.

Mirajane put her hand on her head, but eventually snapped her fingers.

Mirajane: Wait. Didn't Hitoshi's cords just get tuned up?

Ryan: You're right. Hitoshi can use his artificial vocal cords to manipulate others by alternating his voice! Although it does depend on him using the correct words to get his targets to talk. Yet again, it wouldn't be the first time he has done that.

Mirajane: No. No it would not be.

Ryan looked down at the books in front of him and began to lightly chuckle, which caught Mirajane's attention for a moment. He then sighed and looked up for a moment, closing the book that he was reading in the process. He slowly turned to Mirajane.

Ryan: Thank you, Mirajane. You and Chisato were enough to give me some ideas. I'll be fine tuning them once it's all on pen and paper.

Mirajane: Really? That's excellent to hear!

Ryan nodded his head once and stood up.

Ryan: But now that I speak of fine tuning, others have made such significant progress in both training and studying. Well....most at the least of it.

Mirajane: Yeah.

Ryan: However, I have a solution to help them ease and relax for a moment before we all have to leave for the rating game. To get some pressure off and to let some steam blow.

Mirajane: Oh?

Chisato: Go on. I'm listening.....

Ryan gave a somewhat proud smile.

Ryan: Mirajane, let's round up the group, and inform them that we're leaving for a day of relaxation on my treat for them. Also, they'll need to bring swimsuits.

Timeskip
Brought to you by a Trivia....so......

Fun Fact Alert!

Ryan did not only reincarnate Mirajane and Erza, but was able to rescue Mirajane's siblings, Lisanna and Elfman. Unfortunately, Ryan only had enough power to successfully reincarnate one of the Strauss Siblings, and he had already chosen Mirajane. Ryan convinced his mother to reincarnate Elfman and Lisanna for the time being to be free roaming devils, until Mirajane can become a high class devil and gain her own independent peerage.

End of Timeskip
Beach
Still 3rd Person POV
A Gremory magic circle appeared at a random beach, which out came Ryan's entire peerage. While Chisato appeared in her own magic circle.

Benimaru: Damn Boss.

Ryan: You don't need to call me that.

Benimaru: Either way, it's gonna be nice to get away from the villa and get some time to mess around a bit.

Ryan: True.

Ryan then turned to the rest of the peerage.

Ryan: Now then! Go out and have some fun guys!

The peerage soon began to move or run to different places around the beach. As of right now, it was mainly the start of just standing around, or stretching before running, swimming or other beach activities.

As for Ryan, he currently sat under an umbrella in the shade, currently watching his peerage have fun in the sun. However, his attention was turned elsewhere very soon.

Mirajane: Hey Ryan. Do you mind me asking you a question?

Ryan: Hm? What is it?

Ryan soon turned to see Mirajane in a swimsuit and in a posing position.

Mirajane: Do you like how I look in my swimsuit?

Ryan's Mind: (As attractive as she looks, why the hell is she in that position?)

Ryan was about to attempt an answer but was soon stopped again.

???: Now now Mirajane.

Ryan soon saw Erza posing as well, causing Ryan to start becoming confused about his situation.

Erza: I think I'll be making the case of having the better looking swimsuit than you.

Ryan's Mind: (What kind of scheme are they planning?.....But they do look good though. I do like that black band on Erza's thigh. Kinda sexy. Or is it the chains?)

???: Nice try darlings. But neither of you can surpass me.

Mirajane and Erza turned to see Kuroka smirking at the two of them. Ryan's eyes slightly widened, but he did not seem to appear nervous or shy at the sight of the three women.

Kuroka: But there is only one woman who can capture Ryan's eyes the most would be me.

Ryan's Mind: (Whatever the living hell is going on, I am not going to be seduced by this.)

Ryan soon noticed that Kuroka, Mirajane and Erza, who both recently stood up on their feet, beginning to glare at one another.

Ryan's Mind: (Wait, are they about to argue? No, I'm not gonna have this. Not before the rating game like my sister. Wait! I can use this! This'll probably be a cliché compliment attempt but it's better than just sitting here and doing nothing at all like this is just a mere movie.)

Ryan: Oi! That's enough!

Mirajane, Erza and Kuroka stopped their glares and turned their attention to Ryan, who stood up to face them. He exhaled and crossed his arms.

Ryan: There is no need to argue or have any fights among another! Not to mention debating who I would consider to be the most attractive in their swimsuits!

Ryan's Mind: (If I can consider it to be that sometimes.)

Ryan: Besides, you're all very beautiful. You do not need to argue over who I would prefer based on your appearance. Even if it wasn't off of just looks, you three are already incredible the way you are.

Ryan looked down, closed his eyes and exhaled again. He soon looked back up to find that all three girls had a quite positive reaction towards Ryan. Mirajane gave a pink blush and gently grabbed her hair, while Erza also had a blush, but was a lovely shade of red. She shyly put her hand to her forearm and looked away. At one point, she moved her eyeballs to meet his gaze for a light moment before looking away. Kuroka gave a light smile towards Ryan and leaned towards him. She gently reached for his face and gave him a light lick on the cheek, which caused Ryan to turn to Kuroka.

Kuroka: That was a good choice of words to give.

Ryan gently rubbed Kuroka's head and nodded. Soon the three girls had left, which left Ryan alone for some time. Until he was met by another female figure. That being Chisato in a swimsuit with a labcoat.

Chisato: I see you handled it pretty well on your own.

Ryan: Yeah. It can be a pain sometimes but I prefer to show how much I value them all.

Ryan soon looked at Chisato after some seconds had passed.

Ryan: Wanna join me for a bit?

Chisato: Of course. That is if you don't mind.

Ryan: Of course I don't.

Ryan and Chisato sat down under the parasol that he was previously under until the fiasco happened. Chisato then turned to Ryan.

Chisato: Tell me. How do you put up with such situations that well?

Ryan: I mean, you can say I'm used to it at this point.

Chisato: Would you care to define it more?

Ryan closed his eyes and slightly looked down.

Ryan: Well, if you've contantly seen things such as Yoruichi naked, Saeko's modesty or even Heine's skimpy outfit all the time, it's like you get used to being around gorgeous women all the time. Not to mention those are just the top of a full glass of water.

Chisato: So I hear.

Ryan: Yeah.....

Ryan's Mind: (Well, none of them are too bad.)

Ryan soon found himself staring at Robin, who was standing out in the open.

Ryan's Mind: (Not all of them at least.)

Ryan had soon turned away from Robin, and looked back out of the ocean view.

Ryan's Mind: (I do hope the peerage is getting rid of any stress from the training. They really should get a bit of a reward for their hard work.)

Meanwhile
Among Ryan's peerage, Hitoshi was seen in a regular swimsuit, along with fellow pawn, Touma.

???: Hey Hitoshi!

Hitoshi: Hm?

Hitoshi, along with Touma, turned to see Shuna in her swimsuit. Hitoshi's eyes slightly widened, but his eyelids still covered some of his eyeballs. But his face appeared to be lightly red at the sight of his comrade and peerage teammate.

Shuna: What do you think of my suit?

Hitoshi was silent for a bit but then look away awkwardly, keeping his hands in the pockets of his trunks.

Hitoshi: It...looks really good....on you. It...matches the color of your hair.

Hitoshi moved his eyes around to avoid looking at Shuna, who seemed to still want to talk to him. However, he ended up meeting Benimaru's eyes.

Hitoshi's Mind: (Shit.)

Hitoshi quickly looked away, while Shuna still attempted to get Hitoshi to look at her.

As for Touma, he watched the scene. Fortunately and unfortunately at the same time, another girl caught his attention. He later found himself staring at Saeko.

Saeko: Oh? Did I catch your attention Touma? Is it cause of how I look, or perhaps that you wish to see some more skin?

Touma: It's not that. You just happened to be in my line of sight. But I think you do look great, even if you didn't wear a swimsuit.

Touma soon began to walk away, confusing Saeko.

Saeko; Where are you going?

Touma: Somewhere else. For now.

Touma walked away from the group he was with, which Saeko only responded with a small awed look that eventually turned into a small smirk. As for Touma, he had a wide eyed expression on his face as he walked away with his face away from the previous group.

Touma's Mind: (Woah. I totally hope to see that later today.)

Touma was walking by four peerage-mates who were playing a game of volleyball, which consisted of Aoi and Moka being one team, and the other being Erza and Yoruichi. Aoi soon turned to Touma.

Aoi: Young brother! I couldn't help but notice your taste of a woman! It's like you and I were destined to be comrades! Side by side!

Touma: Huh? Wait! You mean how I reacted when I saw Saeko?! Hold on man!

Aoi: No need to worry! For this next match, I promise to show you the pride and power of-

*SMACK!*

Before Aoi could finish his sentence, Erza quickly jumped up and intentionally smacked Todo hard across the face with the volleyball, surprising everyone around her, and causing Aoi to fall down. Touma ran to him, with Moka worried.

Touma: Todo! Are you alright!

Yoruichi: Hey, nice serve!

Hitoshi and Kuroka: Nice serve.

Benimaru: Nice serve!

Robin: Nice serve Erza!

Lieselotte: Nice serve!

Heine: Really wasn't bad!

Siesta: Yeah, it was somewhat really good based on the elevation of the jump and spike.

Saeko: Nice serve Erza!

Touma only looked down at Aoi as nearly everyone complimented Erza on her serve and spike on Todo's face.

Touma: Wow man. Everyone really hates you.

Ryan, Chisato and Mirajane all sat around under an umbrella, watching the scene. Soon, Lieselotte appeared from behind Ryan and wrapped her arms around him.

Ryan: What're you doing?

Lieselotte: Nothing. Yet.

Ryan: Don't push it too far.

Ryan soon felt an increase in aura and raised his alert. He politely moved Lieselotte off him and walked towards Todo. Touma looked up and slowly backed away.

Ryan: Aoi. Whatever you do, please hold still.

Ryan moved his arm out and released a magic circle. He closed his eyes and hummed for a bit. But then widened his eyes with shock with a light gasp. Everyone around him looked curious after the magic circle disappeared.

Moka: U-Umm...Ryan? What's wrong?

Ryan's shocked look so turned to a wide grin and smirk.

Ryan: I can't believe myself that I didn't notice this sooner.

Ryan walked away towards the water, letting the ocean trap his feet in the wet sand a bit and soaking his ankles and shins as they washed by him.

Ryan's Mind: (Incredible. Aoi's power got a sudden increase! But since when did his piece become mutated? Phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal. It doesn't matter now though. Cause in the end, winning is all that matters.)

Major Timeskip
Underworld Stadium
Time flew by fast in the past few days, and it was now finally the day of the Rating Game between Rias and Ryan for the right of being either the next Duke or Duchess for the House of Gremory.

Rias and her peerage stood tall, proud and patient, waiting for Ryan to appear. Issei turned to Kiba.

Issei: You ready for this man?

Kiba: Definitely. To fight on and proud for the Household of Rias Gremory!

Kiba and Issei bumped fists for a bit as Rias stood waiting, feeling somewhat anxious.

Rias's Mind: (It's an exciting moment to face my brother, but it's also nerve racking with the flowing rumors that another one of his pieces had recently mutated. I'm quite nervous about it if it were to be true today.)

Soon, Rias, along with her entire peerage felt a massive increase in aura, enough to make Asia terrified herself.

Asia: W-What is t-that?!

Rias: Ryan. They're here.

Rias look to see Ryan and his entire peerage marching together step by step, with well focused looks on their faces. Which the crowd increased their volume loudly as they walked.

Issei's Mind: (Damn, I guess the Underworld called him the Noise Raiser for a reason. But whatever kind of game they're trying to play, they badly wanna play man! But it won't matter, I'll beat Ryan and win for Rias and for the dream of Harem King!)

Issei clutched his hand into a fist once Ryan met Rias in the center. Zeoticus soon appeared on the screen.

Zeoticus: Afternoon Devils of the Underworld. I am Zeoticus Gremory, current Head and Duke of the House of Gremory. On this day, we will all witness the official rating game between two of my children for the right to be the true Heir or Heiress of the Gremory Clan. The match will consist of our challenger, Ryan Gremory and our current Heiress, Rias Gremory.

Zeoticus soon exhaled after taking some time to breathe.

Zeoticus: Now, allow me to take my leave and let your official announcers take over for the commentating of the rating game!

Zeoticus soon left, and two men appeared on the screen. One of them had a unique haircut with a well trimmed beard.

???: Hello! I am Naud Gamigin, member of the House of Gamigin. I shall be your announcer for this match, along side your reigning...Champion of the Rating Game!

Rias and Ryan raised their heads in interest as another young man appeared with his white hair and neck covering attire.

???: Hello everyone. For I am Diehauser Belial, the reigning champion of the Rating Game. I shall join Mr. Naud Gamigin in the commentating of the Rating Game.

Ryan's Mind: (How interesting of you, Dieshauser.)

Naud soon announced the rules of the Rating Game and allowed Rias and Ryan to teleport to their stands with their peerages.

As for The Gremory family, Zeoticus and Venelana sat in chairs together, while Millicas stood next to Sirzechs in confusion.

Millicas: Father? What's going on between Uncle Ryan and Aunt Rias?

Sirzechs: Hm?

Sirzechs looked at his wife, Grayfia, who shook her head, allowing Sirzechs to look down and give a closed eye smile.

Sirzechs: Please. Do not worry my son.

Millicas: Eh?

Millicas's Mind: (I want to understand. I know it's a rating game between the two with all the details announced. But why could they be fighting like this?)

Millicas watched as Rias talked strategy with her peerage, which Mirajane smiled at her siblings, who were watching Zeoticus and Venelana. However, Ryan was standing and staring at Rias.

Ryan's Mind: (I'll admit Rias. I will always love you like a sibling, so fighting you is somewhat difficult to understand. However, you do have power that can't be taken lightly. We may be siblings, but we are now set for the official rating game. Frankly it's not even about family or personal pride and matter.)

Ryan's focused look soon turned to what seemed to be a sadistic grin, as his aura increased.

Ryan's Mind: (Rating Games have proven to me on one thing that has major importance for results. It's on who comes out on top. We may be siblings, but in a battle like this, winning is all that matters.)

________________________________

Alright everyone! That is the conclusion of the next chapter!

And yep! You saw an update in the peerage! Ryan now has five mutated pieces with Aoi Todo! Probably wasn't the best transaction but it is what it is.

Now then, up next, the rating game begins! What kind of matchups would you love to see happen? Feel free to ask up and about because I have some planned, I just need to make sure everyone gets some sort of role, if you understand what I mean.

Anyways, that's all I got to say. Hope you enjoy the next few chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 1.4K 10
There was a boy in Kuoh Academy who wasn't really seen as attractive to most of the girls. And some of the few boys there picked on him for it. Howev...
45.5K 438 17
AU Sasuke is a trained fighter with insane strength who trains under Great Red and becomes the harem king of highschool dxd.
30.4K 609 13
Issei Hyoudou, a young man who holds the title of the Red Dragon Emperor, realizes that he has been used as a tool to free Rias from her arranged mar...
5.5K 190 20
Y/N is a new transfer student at Kuoh Academy. He believed romance was out to the cards for him, until he saw her. Now all he wishes is to have a rel...