Devil's Replaced Bride

By Abhigya1409

A girl who has been through a lot in her life, who lost her parents at the age of 5 now lives with her uncle... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter: 2
Chapter:3
Chapter: 4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9
Chapter 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter 12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter:23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter: 27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Chapter: 36
Chapter:37
Chapter:38
Chapter:39
Chapter: 40
Chapter:41
Chapter: 42
Chapter:43
Chapter:44
Chapter:45
Chapter:46
Chapter:47
Chapter:49

Chapter:48

5.4K 308 346
By Abhigya1409

Avneet

A loud gunshot rang in the entire hall and i closed my eyes shut, waiting for the pain to come, but it never came, instead i was embraced by a pair of arms. I quickly opened my eyes and saw Siddharth shielding  me. He went stiff after embracing me.

"No, no Siddharth." i mumbled with tears welling in my eyes as my mind concluded that he took the bullet for me. I wrapped my arms around him and felt warm liquid on my hand. He loosed his balance and fell down with my arms still wrapped around him. I kneeled down beside him and tears started flowing through my eyes.

"Siddharth why did you come infront of me?" i mumbled as i pressed his wound to stop the blood flow. His face was showing pain and he groaned when i put a little pressure on the wound.

"Bhai call the ambulance fast." i yelled at bhai when i noticed him closing his eyes.

"No, no Siddharth don't close your eyes, keep your eyes open." i mumbled and patted his cheeks in order to keep him awake.

"Chotey don't you dare to close your eyes, otherwise i will ban your gym for the rest of your life." bhai said to him with tears in his eyes, as he also kneeled down beside him.

"Yo..u  ca..n't   d..o  tha...at." he said with a difficulty and gripped my other hand as he felt the pain.

"Yes Siddharth, please keep talking like this, the ambulance will be here shortly, till then keep your eyes open." i said to him and his eyes met mine.

He raised his hand towards me and i leaned forward.

"Yes Siddharth, you want to say something to me?" i said with tears continuously flowing from my eyes. All this is happening because of me.

He cupped my face and smiled at me which made me sob uncontrollably.

" Don't cry, You are safe." he breathed out with a smile and slowly closed his eyes.

"No, Siddharth open your eyes." i yelled and patted his cheeks, but it was of no use. He was not opening his eyes. I quickly checked his pulse, it was very faint.

"Bhai we need to take him to the hospital immediately, his pulse is very weak." i told him in a shaky voice.

"Yes Avneetayy, the ambulance is here, nothing will happen to him, he will be fine, you just calm down, okay?" he said and i nodded

The paramedics came and made him lay on the stretcher before taking him to the ambulance. Me and bhai went along with them in the ambulance. Whole time his hand was still gripping mine, like even in the state of unconsciousness, he knew about my touch. The paramedics made him wear the oxygen mask and connected the drip to his hand. After few minutes we reached the hospital and they quickly took him to the O.T, and bhai went to the reception the fill the formalities.

Just then a sister came out of the O.T, i rushed towards her.

"He will be okay? Right?" i asked in a shaky tone.

"We can't say anything as of now, mam. The doctor is checking him, there is a possibility of permanent spinal cord injury by seeing the wound, its looking too close, but as i said earlier, nothing can be said as of now, everything will be clear after the surgery. And you need dressing too, you are badly injured." she told me, but i was too numb, to react.

(In permanent spinal cord injury, whole body goes to the state of paralysis, all the limbs stop working. The person remains alive, but can't do anything on its own, almost like a living corpse)

I broke out in sobs. All this is happening because of me. The bullet was for me, not for him, i was supposed to be in this place, not him.

"Shh, Avneetayy, calm down. Nothing will happen, he is a strong willed Bastard, he will not give up this easily and the sister is saying right you need medication and dressing for your wounds" bhai said and hugged me.

"No i will not take any medication until i will be made sure that he is going to be okay." i said and shook my head.

"Avneetayy, what are you saying. He will be alright, you need to take the medication." bhai said and i again shook my head.

"But bhai, she said that he might have a permanent spinal cord injury and No, i will not, he took the bullet for me, he is in this condition because of me, so i deserve this pain, all of this wouldn't be happening, if he didn't come infront of me, he is here, in this situation because of me, aunt used to say true, i am a bad omen for everyone, first my parents and now him, i don't deserve to live, he could have let me die today." i said as i cried harder.

"Listen to me once, never, i say never call yourself a bad omen, you are not a bad omen, in fact you are too precious, that's why he risked his life to save you. You are not a bad omen, you are my sister, and i was never been this much happy, but then you came into our lives making our lives beautiful. Not only me, all of us are delighted to have you in our lives. Those who say you bad omen, are just jealous of you, because you are everything, that they can never be, so stop degrading yourself and stop crying, he will be alright and he has to be, after all he got a doctor wife, if these doctors failed then you are here to cure him, what's the tension?" he said the last part playfully, i chuckled lightly and broke the hug.

"Very well, now let's get your wounds dressed and now don't you dare to oppose me, he didn't took the bullet, just to see you all bruised and injured when he wakes up." he said as he wiped my tears.

"Okay." i whispered

"Mam come this way please." the sister said and i followed her. Bhai was coming with me but i told him to stay there.

"Are you sure avneetayy? I can come with you." he said.

"I will be fine bhai, you stay here, what if the doctor updates about him and no one is here." i said and he nodded.

"Okay." he said and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him and went for dressing.

The sister started doing my dressing, but my mind was thinking what if he actually had the spinal cord injury, his whole life would be ruined and i will never be able to forgive myself. I came out of my thoughts when sister spoke

"Alright mam, now you need rest." 

"No i don't need any rest, you only said about dressing, i am fine now and i am going." i said and stood up from the bed.

"But mam.." she started, but i glared at her.

"Okay you can go, but at least eat something, you lost blood and its essential for you to have something, otherwise you will collapse, then don't blame us." she said and rolled her eyes at me, seeing my stubbornness. I nodded and left.

I reached the O.T and saw bhai sitting there with a distant look on his face. I sat beside him and he looked towards me, as he sensed my presence.

"Avneetayy what are you doing here? You should be resting." he said.

"Bhai i promise i will rest later, when i will get to know about his condition, but till then please don't force me." i pleaded and he nodded with a sigh.

We were sitting in silence when a question popped in my mind.

"Bhai what happened there when he got sh..hot? And where is everyone else?" i asked him. I was only focused on him, at that time. I don't even know what happened to that bastard. If i ever get a chance i will kill him, with my bare hands. He killed my parents and now he shot Siddharth.

"The cops arrested the three of them. Deep, Daniel, Ashi and Roshni went with the cops to handle everything. Deep just called me after you left that they are coming here." he replied and I nodded.

After few minutes they all came and Ashi hugged me.

"Thank god, you are okay Muskan. I was so scared when he pointed the gun at you." She said.

"But now him.." i said and my lip quivered when the image of him lying with blood all over him, appeared in my mind.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright." she said and broke the hug.

"Did the doctor say something?" Deep asked bhai.

"No, but the sister said that he might have a permanent spinal cord injury." he replied and they all gasped. Once again tears started welling in my eyes.

We all stood in silence not knowing what to say. Deep cleared his throat

"Bhai did you tell Vibha ma?" he asked and we all looked towards him.

"Deep how can i tell her that her son is fighting between life and death, i can't." he replied and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"But bhai we need to tell her, and if you can't then just call vaishu di and ask her to bring her to hospital, then we all will explain to her." deep said.

"Okay, i'll call vaishu." he said with a sigh and took out his cell to call her. He called di asked to bring Mom to hospital, before hanging up.

"I am going to grab coffee for all of us." Daniel said and left.

We all sat on the chairs just waiting for the doctor to come out and tell us that he is alright.

Just after few minutes i saw mom and di walking towards us with tensed faces. I guess all noticed their presence as we all stood up.

"Oh my god Avi! What happened to you?" mom exclaimed with a hug as she reached me.

"I am alright mom." i replied.

"No you are not, there are bandages all over you, tell me what happened? I am having this bad feeling." she said as she broke the hug.

"And where is Ashu? You all are here but where is he?" she asked as she sensed his absence.

"And what is she doing here Abhi, tell me i am getting bad vibes?" vaishu di asked, when her gaze fell on roshni.

"First of all calm down mom, vaishu, i'll explain everything." he said and they both nodded.

Then he explained them everything and when he completed, mom was a crying mess and vaishu di also had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I am so sorry mom, because of me, he is fighting between death and life." i said.

"Shut up, don't you dare to say sorry Avi! It was not your fault and i am proud of my upbringing that he saved you." she said and hugged me. I cried in her embrace and she kept caressing my hair.

I broke the hug and wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"Baby sis, don't cry now, okay? He will be fine, be positive." vaishu di said and i nodded.

"Abhi when will the doctor come?" mom asked bhai.

"I don't know mom, it's been 3 hours since they had taken him in the O.T" he replied.

After that we again fell into silence, silently praying. In mean time Daniel came and gave everyone coffee and sat beside Ashi.

I was sipping my coffee, when doctor came out of the O.T. I rushed towards him.

"Doctor is he alright?" i asked him.

"And how are you related to the patient?" he asked me.

"I am his wife." i replied

"Yes doctor, is he alright?" bhai asked him.

"And who are you?" he asked and i controlled myself not to kill him. Why can't he just answer a simple question.

"I am his Fucking brother and we all standing here are somehow related to him, so don't ask that question again and tell us about his condition." bhai gritted out and the doctor gulped.

"He is out of danger, we successfully removed the bullet from his back, It was a close call, the bullet just missed the spinal cord, if it would have been a little tilted, then it could have lead to the spinal cord injury, but by god's grace, he is fine now, Although he is unconsciousness right now, but he will be up in 3 to 4 hours. We are shifting him to the normal ward and if you want VIP ward, you just need to fill the form, then you can meet him. And yeah for some days, he will not be able to do some essential things like bathing, changing his clothes, eating by himself, he will need someone to help him, otherwise he is fine." he completed and we all heaved a breathe of relief.

"Thank you so much doctor." i said

"It was my duty." he said with a smile and left.

"I'll go and fill the form for the VIP ward." bhai said and went behind the doctor.

___________________

I am alive 😅

How are you all doing and how was the chapter? 

Guys nowadays i am very busy with my academy schedule, i hardly get any time for other things, so i will get late for the updates sometimes, but i will surely complete the story, so don't think that i am discontinuing or anything else. So yeah, that's it.

Can i get 3 new followers and 300 comments? 

We will meet in next chapter, till then

Love you all, stay safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 3.4K 57
This is a story of parents who own their children by forcing their decisions on them. Sometimes, parents advice is heaven but when it goes against yo...
64.2K 6.6K 48
A joyful and cherished boy, who never knew what is pain what are tears he was always pampered, he was always kept away from the cunning world, he hav...
370K 21.7K 56
"Vivaah Sampan Hua" Siddharth Nigam, a popular bachelor business man, mafia king is tied in a sacred bond called marriage with a hot, cute girl named...
371K 22K 95
Avneet Singhania who's life is fully messed. Horrible past, trust issue, broken heart and soul. A fully depressed girl. She don't trust on herself Si...