𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐄𝐈...

By sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... More

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Ten

2.3K 64 20
By sadgirlzera

The District Attorney placed her hands together while slowly walking in front of the chalkboard. Today, she was called to Colombia University so she could lecture the law students about her career. For the last two days, she didn't sleep at all. Her mind wasn't able to rest and it all had to with the kiss. Her lips were still on fire, and she felt the same way she did when she was a teenager in love.

When Reid and Diana finally broke apart, she placed her fingers over her lips, taking a second to think. She didn't know what to say, she didn't know what to think. A second ago, Reid was what she truly wanted but now, all she wanted was to escape from the torture. The guilt was eating her alive, she was never the type to cheat on her significant other.

Before he could even say a thing to her, she lifted her dress and walked away.

Diana and Kenneth shared a marriage of love and benefits. He fell in love with her and when he realized the public adored her too, he asked her to marry him. This helped solidify his campaign for Mayor, a few years ago. When she wasn't the DA, she was still a very successful lawyer in the city.

Even though they slept in different rooms, they still had breakfast together and met up for leisurely activities. They had a healthy relationship because they enjoyed each other's company but also respected their privacy.

She took a breath and smiled at the students, remembering when she was in their position. "My name is Diana Samuels and I am the District Attorney of New York City. Does anyone know what the DA does?"

The students looked at each other, waiting for someone to answer her questions. Just then, a girl with blue eyes and black hair raised her hand. "They're the highest level Attorney in a district,"

"That is correct," Diana said, adjusting the reading glasses that sat on the bridge of her nose. "So once the DA is elected, they can make important decisions in and out of the courtroom. They can investigate allegations and decide if charges should be pressed, ask a special prosecutor or another agency to investigate law enforcement misconduct, create programs or specialized units, or hire investigators to investigate cases or Assistant District who will prosecute cases. That's just outside of the courtroom," She said, her eyes bouncing from student to student.

"Now, in the courtroom, the DA can decide the seriousness of charges. For example: will the charge be a felony or misdemeanor? They can also request bail or bond in a case and negotiate a plea deal with the accused,"

"Can you pardon someone?"  One of the students asked, and she chuckled softly to herself. "I'm afraid not. My husband can't even do that, but the Governor can,"

"How much do you earn?"

The rest of the college students laughed at his inappropriate question and she noticed the slight blush he wore. "No, it's alright. About $250,000, but once again, it is a one-year job. Any more questions?"

"What types of cases do you handle?"

"The DA office will handle criminal cases like felony, misdemeanor, and juvenile. We don't handle child custody, divorce, bankruptcy, etc," Diana responded, adjusting the white tailored suit she wore today. "Now, let's head into how to become the District Attorney. To be eligible to become elected, you have to your bachelor's degree, complete law school and plenty of internships, pass the bar exam, and succeed in enough cases to go further your experience,"

"So you don't have to marry the Mayor to become the District Attorney?"

Diana frowned, her eyebrows furrowing together. "No, I married Major Samuels because he is a great person. It has nothing to do with my career. I become the DA on my own, he didn't give me a shortcut,"

"Oh because it always just seemed like you used him. And how do we know that after you step down from the position, you won't divorce him?" The student asked, narrowing her eyes. It was almost as if she was testing Diana.

"You're all young. I don't expect you to understand everything. Kenneth and I met before he was even interested in being the Mayor. We both started from the bottom and helped inspire each other to land the positions we have now," She nodded, her eyes moving to the clock on the wall.

"Alright, I'm afraid this session is finished. Your professor asked if I dismissed you at 10 am. Thank you for listening and I hope to see one of you as the future District Attorney," The students gathered their belongings and made their way out of the Lecture hall. After having a small chat with the professor, she thanked the woman, before walking out.

An hour later, she arrived at the DA's office and she rode the elevator to the top floor. There, she spotted all the prosecutors working vigorously to help their clients.

"Morning everyone,"

"Morning, Mrs. Samuels,"

She began heading to her office, a small smile on her face while Cindy, her assistant followed behind.

"Before we talk about work, let's talk about your husband," She said, earning a confused glance from Diana while she unlocked her doors. Together, they walked into her office and she felt the wind being sucked out of her lungs. In front of her were about a dozen bouquets, all scattered around her furniture.

"This was delivered for you this morning," Cindy mumbled, just as the blonde placed her bag down and grabbed the card from the bouquets.

Blondie,

Don't regret us. You can't deny what's meant to be. Now, that I know how you truly feel, I won't stop until you chose me.

- Reid

Her heart dropped at the name at the bottom. There was absolutely no way he could have been so careless. Anyone could have read the note and realized there was something between her and another man that wasn't her husband, especially a famous one. She felt like pulling her hair out. If Reid was able to do something so stupid like this, he was capable of doing bigger things.

"What does it say?"

"U-Uh, nothing!" Diana said, placing the note in her purse. She slowly smiled awkwardly, while pressing her lips together. "Just the same stuff Kenneth always says. That he loves me,"

"That's odd," Cindy said, her head tilting to the side as Diana frowned. "He never gets you flowers. He never gets you gifts. Did you two, you know fuck last night?"

"Cindy, you are my assistant. This is inappropriate,"

"Okay but we've gone through shit together. Remember when that guy tried to spike your drink and I smashed my glass into his face. He went blind because one of the shards went into his eyes,"

"And I bought you five Birkin bags. The Sales Associate of Hermès thought I was on drugs. Now, she calls me every week to try to get me to come in," Diana sighed, sitting at her glass desk and opening some files. "Maybe you're pregnant—,"

"Cindy, out. Now!"

"But I didn't even read you your schedule,"

"Just email it to me," Diana sighed, watching as her assistant walked out. She grabbed her glasses and placed them onto the bridge of her nose, letting her eyes wander over the files in front of her.

A couple of hours later, She lifted herself from her desk and looked at the view from her office. After working non-stop, she needed food and a break.

"If it isn't my favorite Material Girl. I brought Chinese food," Jasmine said, as she knocked on the glass door and walked inside, with a brown bag in her hand. "Oh fuck me," She said, looking at all the flowers.

"Just ignore them, I'm gonna have them thrown out," She said, walking over and pulling Jasmine for a hug.

"Excuse me? Don't you motherfucking dare. Your husband must have spent 10 thousand on this. These are flowers imported from Italy–," She suddenly stopped herself as realization took over her mind. Diana slowly nodded, before placing her head on the desk.

"It's happening, isn't it?" Jasmine asked, closing the glass door and sitting down in front of the blonde. She grabbed the note, and soon her eyes widened. "I told him not to do anything crazy, now I gotta beat his ass,"

"I just feel so guilty. First, he fingered me, and we kissed and then we kissed again—,"

"Lady, you don't have to tell me that before I'm about to eat,"

"I just don't know what to do. My emotions are all over the place,"

"Well, it's not like you're pregnant because you're on birth control," Jasmine assured, handing a container of Singapore Fried Noodles to her. "Oh and because you haven't had sex in 3 years,"

"Kenneth and I are practicing celibacy–,"

"Diana, sweetie?" Jasmine mumbled, moving her braids off her shoulder. "You're already married,"

Diana frowned, rolling her eyes, as her friend leaned in the seat. "Do you remember what I said the night before your Wedding? I asked if you wanted to give Reid one more phone call before you promised yourself away. You declined and now, you have to deal with the consequences of your actions. I would end it before, it gets out of control and you ruin your marriage,"

"But-,"

"No. The past is in the past. God, I can't imagine cheating on my husband. Are we seriously having this conversation?" Jasmine asked, crossing her arms and tilting her head.

"You don't understand. What Reid and I share it's... Euphoric," Diana mumbled, a small pout sitting on her full lips.

"Okay, fine. Go do the one thing that if the roles were reversed, it would destroy you. Just don't expect me to be there when it all comes crumbling down,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 10.5K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
2.2M 78.5K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
5K 522 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...