𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 πŽπ… π‘π„πˆ...

Per sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... MΓ©s

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Nine

2.3K 73 18
Per sadgirlzera

Samuel Zenos looked around the new Maxwell Estate, with parted lips and widened eyes. He was more than happy to have his best friend move to America, but that didn't mean he didn't question his true motives. "This has to be about 20 million, right here. Why did you buy it?"

Reid looked at him, confusion laced in his dark eyes while Charlotte cut his hair. She had practically forced him to change his look, convincing him that more people will like him without his long hair. He looked down at that statement but decided to give his assistant a chance.

For the past couple of days, he's only been working. His schedule consisted of waking up, workout, working, and sleep. Of course, whenever he was free, he always invited Samuel over.

"You're a 28-year-old man who moved into his amazing mansion but you're alone,"

"I'm not alone, Charlotte and Matteo are with me. And I'll hire housekeepers, gardeners, and chefs soon," He shrugged, earning an eye roll from the older man.

"Okay, so what do you think?" Charlotte asked, her right hand holding the clipper. He looked in the mirror, and shrugged, a look of indifference in his eyes.

"It's okay," He mumbled, and she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Your birth was okay,"

Just then the front door rang, and Charlotte placed the clipper down. "I wonder who it could be. I'll be back,"

"So who's the girl? The one that's making you act like this?" Samuel asked, changing the conversation once she left.

"It doesn't even fucking matter anymore," He assured, playing with the silver rings on his fingers. "Fucked up guys like me don't get the girl,"

"Are you in love, Mr. Maxwell?" Samuel  asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes while he caressed his beard. Reid and he had been friends for about 7 years and he had never seen Reid act like this for a woman. Sure, The Maxwell slept with his fair share but he never put down 20 million on a house.

"It's complicated," He said, rubbing the back of his neck, just before he received a FaceTime from the one and only Jasmine Agnes. When he answered, he was met with a loud squeal.

"Let me see!" She said, referring to the new home that he just purchased. He rolled his eyes, moving the phone around so he could show the master bathroom, Jasmine's eyes widening. "Who's the girl?"

"That's what I asked," Samuel chuckled, placing his hands in his pocket. Jasmine smiled upon hearing his voice. "Hey, Sammy!"

"Jasmine, we have talked about this. My name is Samu-,"

"Wait, where is this house?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Exquisite Estates," Reid answered, his voice barely audible but she heard him. Jasmine knew that was the richest neighborhood in New York and The Mayor and his wife, Diana lived there.

He noticed the small frown on her lips and he sighed, rolling his eyes because he knew exactly what she was thinking. "Jas, it's not like that. I just liked the house,"

"Don't do anything stupid. This isn't high school anymore, you have a career to look after," She said before ending the phone call. Just then, Charlotte knocked on the door, grabbing their attention.

"It's the Mayor, sir. He said it's urgent,"

"Look at you two, you're almost best friends," Samuel said watching as Reid stood up from his chair. "Don't be jealous,"

When he arrived at the foyer, he spotted The Mayor with a few of his bodyguards. In his hand was an envelope, one that was well decorated. "New haircut?"

"Just something to change up my look. What can I do for you, Mayor Samuels?"

"I'm having my 32nd Birthday Gala tomorrow, and I wanted to invite you, Mr. Maxwell. My wife is in charge of the guest list but when I found out she forgot to add you, I used this as the perfect opportunity to hand-deliver it myself," The man said, earning a curt nod from Reid.

The Italian took the invitation in his hands, letting his eyes wander over the fine print.

"So will you be there?" Kenneth asked as Reid's mind traveled to what Diana had told him only a few days before. No matter how many projects he threw himself into, his mind always traveled to her. He hadn't bothered her ever since their last encounter. He loved her but he also respected her wishes. If she didn't want him in his life, he was going to take a step back. It would save both of them the drama.

He was about to decline when he realized the possible new business clients he could meet. Since it was the Mayor's birthday, there would be quite a lot. Finally, he delivered a small smile.

"Of course,"

"Mayor Samuels is celebrating his 32nd birthday. Celebrities from around the United States are here to celebrate including Kendall Jenner, Austin Butler, Martin Short, Reese Witherspoon—," The Reporter watched as another expensive car pulled up in front of the Mayor's Manor before the door opened.

"And Reid Maxwell!"

The front yard house was full of reporters and paparazzi trying to update the public on the exclusive event. Luckily, they couldn't get past the barrier of security. Dozens of paparazzi called out to him but he simply just buttoned his tuxedo and walked up the stairs to the manor.

"Welcome to Mayor Samuels' Birthday Gala, Mr. Maxwell. Would you like champagne?" A woman asked once he walked into the foyer, his eyes traveling to the well-decorated party. There must have been over 400 people attending who were chatting amongst themselves or dancing to the live music the band played.

"I'm more of a Brandy guy," He responded before she nodded while other guests grabbed champagne from her silver platter. "I'll come and find you,"

She disappeared through the busy crowd, and he moved around the busy party. After a few minutes of introducing himself to potential business clients, he send all their information to Matteo. Suddenly, he spotted The Mayor chatting up a storm at the poker table with his best buddies in the formal living room. He found himself walking over and watching the game they played.

"You don't look like you play poker,"

He turned his head, letting his eyes roam up and down a woman who stood next to him. His lips parted slightly at her black hair which cascaded down her shoulders. She had tattoos on her arms and he questioned if she had more than he did. A black dress stuck to her body and she wore a golden nose ring that contrasted her red lipstick. This woman was the walking form of confidence and seduction.

"Neither do you,"

"I like to take a few chances here and there," She said, offering him a wink, before holding her hand out for him to take. "Fiorella Lopez, Peruvian model,"

With a smirk on his lips, he kissed her knuckles. "Reid Maxwell—,"

"I know who you are. You're quite the talk of the town," She said, raising her right eyebrow. He chuckled, playing with the rings on his tattooed fingers. "Just the town?"

"I'm afraid so," She said, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip, flirtatiously. Just then, the waitress who welcome him handed him a glass of Brandy and he thanked her.

Reid and Fiorella walked upstairs into the east wing hallway, so they could have a moment away from the crowd. They stayed upstairs for a while. Turns out, that he and the Peruvian model have a lot in common. She enjoyed his company and found herself laughing at the things he says. People were right, Reid Maxwell is charismatic.

"So these are all your paintings?" She asked, her eyes bouncing from the images on the wall. It was bizarre. In the east wing alone, there were almost 20 of Reid's paintings, they were everywhere in the manor.

"I love how they all have different colors. It looks like you didn't even use the same paint twice," She said, and he chuckled, taking a sip of his brandy.

"Because I didn't. Once I'm done with a specific color, it's gone," He said, and she playfully giggled, placing her hand on his shoulder. "I hope you don't think like that about women,"

"I'm a gentleman, Fiorella. My mother taught me how to treat a woman," Reid assured, earning a light pink blush on her cheeks. "Your mother sounds very lovely,"

He looked down, as a sudden wave of depression hit him. It had been almost 15 years since his mother died and his life hadn't been the same since. He wished that he didn't have to lose her because it forced him to grow up earlier than he wanted to. After all, he had killed his father and went to juvie in his teen years.

"Yeah, she was,"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Reid,"

Fiorella slowly kissed his cheek and then the side of his mouth. Subconsciously, he placed his hand on her waist and pulled her closer, their eyes never leaving each other. Reid realized this was the first time his heart was beating for another woman other than Diana. He convinced himself this was what he needed—A woman to help him get over her.

When she was about to kiss him, her eyes moved to a blonde who was leaning on the wall. "Mrs. Samuels, w—we were just—,"

"About to sleep together during my husband's birthday gala?" Diana responded, a smug look on her face. She pushed herself off the wall and began walking toward them. Reid frowned and turned his head, finally connecting eyes with her.

Her hair had been tied in a ponytail that revealed her golden collarbones which were his favorite place to leave lovebites 10 years ago. She wore a pink dress that hugged her curves even though it reached the floor. There was a slit on the right leg which revealed the golden leg jewelry she wore around her thigh. He sucked a breath while looking at her long legs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Don't you have any respect?" She asked, tilting her head to the side and crossing her arms. Luckily, since everyone was inside listening to her husband's speech, they were alone.

"It was my suggestion we went somewhere private, don't be so harsh on Fiorella," The Maxwell said, earning a small smile from the Peruvian model.

Diana scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Of course it was. You always had trouble keeping it in your pants,"

"Excuse me?" He asked, his voice growing firmer. What the hell was Diana's problem and why was she giving him attitude when he had done nothing wrong?

"Oh, Don't act surprised. All it takes is one smile from a girl and she's got you on your knees. You're very easy, Mr. Maxwell. Right, Fiorella?" The blonde asked, her eyes moving to the model. "I mean, you just winked and he was practically yours,"

"I'm not following?" Fiorella noticed the unusual tension between the pair, and cringed, internally. Something was off and she sensed it. "I'll be downstairs if you need me,"

Reid watched as she walked off, fighting the urge to follow after her. He just sighed, running his hands through his dark hair. Diana stood in front of him, with her arms crossed and anger in her eyes. "Why did you come? Is it because you knew I was here? Didn't you listen to what I said in the office the other day? You're playing with fire, Reid,"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He asked, as her perfectly trimmed eyebrows furrowed together. "I only came to this party to meet possible new business clients and to celebrate the Mayor's birthday. You told me to stay away from you which I did. You've made it abundantly clear that you don't want anything to do with me and I've accepted that. You saw me with another girl but for some reason, you followed us and now you're insulting me because I tried to move on from you,"

The blonde felt her heart beat rapidly in her chest. She hated seeing Reid with another woman, it tore a hole in her chest and left a nasty taste in her mouth. Her emotions were going all over the place but she didn't want him to know so she kept a firm look on her face.

"It's almost as if you don't want to be with me and you don't want anyone else to be," He said, feeling his throat tighten. He finished the rest of his brandy and decided that he needed another drink.

"That's not true," She said. Reid slowly made his way over to Diana but she took a step back and he flexed his jaw while looking down.

"Then what is it?" His words were weak and almost inaudible. She frowned, trying to find words to explain herself but nothing came out. He walked closer to her and this time, she didn't move. "Is it because you still care about me?"

She cleared her throat and diverted her attention to her nails. Maybe, if she didn't look at him, he would leave and she'd finally be able to breathe again.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Diana," 

She slowly pulled her head up, and connected eyes with him once again. A soft sigh escaped her lips, and she began playing with her fingers due to nervousness. It was funny, how she could lose control to Reid in a second.

"I am so sick of that fucking mouth. You like to spew out insults but when it's finally time to be vulnerable, you keep it shut. Come on pretty girl, answer my question,"

Her lips parted subconsciously while she struggled to breathe. Every time he touched her, a trail of fire followed behind. She felt her throat tighten while she looked at the man who had stolen her heart. "You already know the answer to that, Reid,"

Diana knew this was wrong because she had a husband. She shouldn't even be letting a man get this close to her but he was, breaking her walls down as he did in high school. No matter how tough and sassy she was, Reid was always going to see through her bullshit. He was always going to see the real her.

"But it doesn't matter anymore. I'm wearing the ring of another man. You should lea—,"

Before she even had time to finish her sentence, he grabbed her chin and kissed her lips. Their lips mended into each other, it felt like it was meant to be. She moaned against his mouth, producing music to his ears. He slipped his tongue into her mouth, and she squeezed her legs as she felt his tongue piercing. At that moment, she didn't care about her husband, work, or her image.

All she wanted was more passion with her first love.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Emerald (Book 1) Per -scarlet-rose-

Literatura romΓ ntica

197K 3.5K 33
"Sometimes trust blinds us so much that we can't see the truth" - After being dragged to some boring dinner meeting, Scarlet meets Jackson Vanderbil...
Raw Love Vol. I Per _purple_

Literatura romΓ ntica

638K 10.5K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
31.2K 1.7K 51
[Major Warning ⚠️ :- I wrote this book when i was a teen and as English isn't my first language, i wasn't that familiar with terms or words. I'll sta...
21.2K 196 22
Mature content 18+ only BOOK 1 IN The Dominant series "You are crossing a very dangerous territory, Natalia. I suggest you better stop, before I take...