Far Away | A Lost Fanfiction

By onelesswriter

"You can't run forever." The survivors of Oceanic 815 crash on a deserted tropical island. They are forced t... More

disclaimer.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fiveteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty five.
twenty six.

twenty four.

216 4 1
By onelesswriter

"Don't move, Hurley!'' Robyn yelled at the top of her lungs, trying to keep Hurley still in one place.

''Hey, what are you guys-'' Hurley turned around to face Robyn, Sayid, and Jack.

''Do not move. You're on a pressure trigger.'' Sayid mentions again, explaining her thoughts. ''If you take your weight off it, it will  explode!''

''Oh, man.'' Hurley sighed deeply as a single drop of sweat rolled down over his forehead.

Robyn quickly looked around her to see if there is anything to replace Hurley's weight with. ''We need to replace his weight with a rock maybe?''

''How are we going to do that?'' Hurley pondered as he squinted his eyes shut.

''All you have to do is stay still while Sayid is looking for something big to replace your weight with,'' Robyn says calmly trying not to upset Hurley. He needed to stay still or we won't see the sun go down tonight.

''Can I drop the wire?'' Hurley asked. ''I'm dropping the wire.''

''No!' They all screamed.

''I can make it.'' Hurley declared, slightly opening his right eye to look at Robyn.

''You can not move, Hurley!'' Robyn screamed. ''You need to stay still.''

''I can get out of the way. I'm spry.'' Hurley tried to convice her. ''I'm fast.''

''Stay put.'' Sayid says, holding his hand out to keep Hurley from moving.

Hurley swiftly looked around him. He had this look in his eyes like he is debating whether or not to drop the wire and bring the people around him in danger. Something switched in his eyes, dropped the wire and jumped out of the way.

''No!'' Robyn yelled. Jack quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and pushes her to the ground, shielding her from the flying debris. Robyn pushes her body up to sit on her knees, brushing the dirt of her hands.

Jack pushed himself up while holding firmly into the tree next to him. ''Are you okay?'' Jack asks her, while reaching his hand out to help her up.

Robyn gladly accepted his offer and pulled herself up from the ground. ''Yeah, you?"

''I'm good.'' Jack stretches his arms out. ''Where is Sayid?''

''I'm here!'' Sayid yelled. ''You guys are alright?''

Robyn nodded. ''Anyone seen Hurley?''

''I'm here!'' Hurley waved, while walking toward them. ''I'm okay.''

''Hurley, what the hell man?'' Jack questioned. ''What are you doing out here?''

''I came to get a battery.'' He answers, taking a deep breath.

''Really? just to get a battery?'' Robyn questioned.

He nodded. He started walking towards wherever he was going. Robyn, Jack and Sayid followed him.

__________________________

''Hurley, can you please stop for a second and tell us why you came to get a battery from a woman who clearly doesn't want to be found.'' Robyn asks, trying to keep up with him.

''I have my reasons.'' He said.

''I'm sure you do,'' Robyn says, trying to catch her breath. ''Is blowing yourself up one of your reasons?''

''Not really.'' Hurley stopped with walking and turned to her.

Robyn sighed. ''Talk to me, Hurley. Explain to me why you are out here.''

''You think I'm crazy?'' Hurley asked.

''What? No, of course not.'' Robyn took a step closer. ''What makes you think I could possibly think that about you, Hurley? I hardly know you.''

''Most people are quick to judge me, so I automatically think everyone thinks I am crazy.'' Hurley says while looking down at the ground.

Robyn laid her hand down on Hurley's shoulder.  "I'm so sorry that people are treating you that way, Hurley. Will you at least tell me why you need a battery or why you are after her?"

"I am not crazy," Hurley said completely ignoring Robyn's questions.

"I never said you were," Robyn sighed as she pulled her hand back from his shoulder. "Hur-,"

Robyn and Hurley both ducked their heads down as a gunshot was fired nearby. Robyn pulled her gun from the holster, holding it straight forward while shielding Hurley from whatever is coming. "Go behind that tree," Robyn whispers.

Not even a second later, a woman with a shotgun came from behind a tree. She had dark brown hair and is wearing a very old denim jeans with a ripped tank top. If Robyn had to guess the woman would have been in her late 40s. It took a minute for Robyn to understand who this woman was. This woman must be the woman on the mayday call. The call was broadcasting for more than 15 years. This must be Rousseau.

"You must be the French chick," Hurley says while holding his arms slightly up.

"Who are you?" Rousseau questioned.

"I'm Hurley," He looked at Robyn. "and this is Robyn. We're friends with Sayid. You know that guy you tortured."

"You were on the plane." Rousseau calmly says while lowering her shotgun. Robyn did the same with her gun.

"Look, I came here to find-" Hurley grabbed something out of his pocket.

"Easy!" Rousseau shouted, pointing her shotgun towards Hurley. Robyn pointed her gun back at her.

"I'm just getting your notes. Please, tell me why you wrote this?" Hurley showed Rousseau her notes, which Sayid had stolen from her when he escaped. "What do these numbers mean? Please."

Rousseau took a quick look at the numbers. "I don't know."

"What? You don't know?" Hurley sighed deeply.

"I don't know," Rousseau said again.

"The fact that no one is even looking for us, yeah, that's weird. But I just go along with it. Cause I'm along for the ride. Good old fun-time Hurley! Well, guess what? Now I want some freaking answers!" Hurley snapped while stomping from side to side with no care in the world for the shotgun which is still pointed at him.

Rousseau lowered her shotgun. "Our ship picked up a transmission, a voice, repeating those numbers. We changed course to investigate. After we shipwrecked, my team continued to search for the transmission source. It took a few weeks for us to find the radio tower."

"There's a radio tower on this island?" Robyn asked. Sayid always knew that Rousseau's distress call must have come from a source with more power.

"Yes, up by the black rock. Some of us continued to search for the meaning of those numbers while we waited for rescue. But then the sickness came. When my team was gone, I went back, up to the tower and changed the transmission." Rousseau explained.

"You're the distress call we heard," Robyn asked, just to confirm her thoughts. Imagine being stuck on a deserted island for more than 15 years. Rousseau nodded.

"But the numbers? Do you know where they got their power from?" Hurley asked while folding Rousseau's notes.

"Powers?" Rousseau questions.

"They bring bad stuff to everyone around you. They're cursed, you know that, right?" Hurley said.

"The numbers are cursed. The numbers are what brought me here. As it appears, they've brought you. Since that time, I've lost everything, everyone I cared about. So, yes I suppose you're right. They are cursed." Rousseau agreed with Hurley.

His eyes lid up, and a little smile is dancing on his face before pulling her into a big hug. "Thank you. You have no idea how long I've  been waiting for somebody to agree with me. Thank you!"

"I don't want to ruin this beautiful moment, but, Hurley didn't we come all this way for a battery?" Robyn asked while putting her gun back in her holster.

"Oh, yes," Hurley gently pushes Rousseau away from him. "Is there any chance we could borrow one?"

"What do you want with a battery?" Rousseau asked.

"Some of our group are building a raft and once on the sea they want to send out a mayday. Sayid is building a radio but needs a better battery." Robyn explained.

"That's ambitious," Rousseau says. "I will see what I have, but, I ask you to stay here."

"Of course." Hurley and Robyn nodded.

__________________________

A whole hour has passed as Rousseau returns with a battery. She handed the battery to Hurley who couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear.

"Thank you so much, Rousseau." Robyn smiled at her.

"My name is Danielle." She smiled back. "Good luck to you all. Say hi to Sayid for me."

"We will do." Hurley waved before Rousseau disappeared into the jungle, back to her underground shelter.

"Thank you for coming after me, Robyn," Hurley says as they turned around to head back to the beach.

Robyn smiled. "I'm just glad that you're safe, Hurley."

"Really?" Hurley questioned.

"You're part of the group, Hurley. We're in it together." Robyn says, taking a deep breath and decided to continue to ask about the numbers. "So, what's up with these numbers? Why do you think they're  cursed?"

Hurley stopped with walking. "The plane crash. It might have been my fault."

"Because of those numbers?" Robyn asked. She turned around to face Hurley. "Bad things happen. Planes crash. People die. I hardly doubt it's because of the numbers. It could have been a number of things."

"Yeah, you're probably right, but, I am not crazy." Hurley reminded her.

"Oh my god. Where have you guys been!?" Jack shouted.

"We got the battery!" Hurley's voice boosted with happiness.

"How?" Sayid asked.

"From Rousseau. She said hi, by the way." Hurley smiled. "I will bring this to Michael."

"Um," Sayid shrugged and followed Hurley back to the beach.

"She just gave you two a battery?" Jack asked.

"Yes, she did." Robyn smiled as she walked

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283 38 28
A freak accident on a cruise lands a group of teenagers stranded on an island. Our story begins several months into their fight to survive and to fin...
71 14 13
It's the apocalypse and there's a series of events that occur...
Paradise By AJ Vaughn

General Fiction

38.6K 1.6K 21
[COMPLETED] Five teens are headed for Montego Bay for their graduation trip. But a mysterious incident causes their plane to crash onto an unknown is...
38.3K 2.2K 32
Stranded on a lonely island, the Doctor and Rose have little resources to last until help arrives. Cold, hungry, and upset, they must pull through to...