After Kissing

By _SiaraL_

❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But... More

A D V I S E S
D E S C R I P T I O N
C A S T and S O N G S
B u l l e t p r o o f
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17. Part One
17. Part Two
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.

27.

2K 151 70
By _SiaraL_

Song: Flirt - NEFFEX

........................................

Nate

The phone beeped and I looked down at the text, but again, it wasn't Hailey. She had been ignoring me since our fight. Well, not ignoring me, but certainly keeping distance. Which I didn't like. Especially when I knew she was mad.

The text was a BeReal notification.

"Is that your girl?" Wondered Amir. And looked up with a knowing smirk. "Sorry. You're not-girl."

"BeReal, asshole." I unlocked the screen and raised the phone. "Say cheese." Amir posed with his mouth full and I lifted my other hand to do a peace sign as both the front camera and the rear snapped the pic. I laughed at his stupid face. "It stays."

He rolled his eyes, taking another forkful of his delicious meal and now that I posted I was allowed to scroll down to my contacts' posts. I scrolled down, curiously, but my heart halted when I saw Kimmy had posted hers. On the rear camera picture, it was the views of the sunset from the Public Garden in Boston, and on the front picture there were the four of them: Kimmy, Eli, Stella and Hailey. Posing and making faces to the camera.

"I'm back... What?" Kyle returned to the table with a new jar in his hands. "I was gone for literally five minutes. What's with the sour face." his brows pursed. "You missed me?"

"Shut up." I nudged him. "And I had no sour face."

"Yes, you do." shrugged Amir making my eyes narrowed at him.

He swallowed and smirked again. Something he did a lot and that made his white smile seem brighter against his tan skin. He wore his hair cut very short, so it was almost just a shadow and black plug earrings. We met him at NYU as well, he was majoring in economy and left the team in sophomore when he couldn't make it fit with his studies. We keep contact, tho, and even now, when it had been over a month since I last saw him, it felt like not a day had passed.

"Well, I'm not sour."

"Mhm." nodded Kyle, not seeming to believe my words but in the end shrugged and slid the bears before each of us. "Well, who knew two days could pass so fast? Here's to us and for more great weekends to come."

I rolled my eyes at his preppy cheerful tone, but it was endearing and found myself smiling as well as I raised my own glass to click it with theirs. "Maybe next time you can stay the whole weekend."

"Or you could come back." countered Amir carelessly. "My couch is always ready."

"Enticing."

"I know."

"And you have to come to the gym presentation next month." insisted Kyle.

He'd been employed to this new gym and apparently the big opening was set to be such a huge event. All the best for me, it gives me the perfect excuse to drop by and saw them all once more.

"I won't miss it for anything."

The couple days here had been one big mess. Just how we liked them. They came by yesterday morning, since Amir had the day off and Kyle wasn't actually following any special schedule with his on and off timetables. They dropped by early morning and sleep it off in my flat when I worked. Then when I was off we hit it off in some bat Gray had told me about and from there it had been a non-stop.

From here to there, to try this, being invited there... we never really made plans, but it turned out it didn't matter. There were always things to do, people to met or places to see. And Amir had never been to Providence before -Kyle only a couple times helping me move- so it gave us perfect turf to explore.

Last night we didn't even get any sleep, and this morning we got a few RedBulls and were up for more. They will be leaving as soon as the dinner was over and there was no time to waste, so sleep was something dispensable.

I really didn't want them to go. I want to show them many places yet, and to introduce them to the people here, maybe show them my job place... there were tons of things we still hadn't done and I just didn't want them to be hours away once more.

Kyle calls, but Amir wasn't really into that. He texted monosyllables where he shortly responded questions, but holding up a conversation? Over the phone? It was impossible with him. So once they were off I would be in the dark about him unless called.

It was at times like this one that I rethink my choice to move from New York. My life had been there. Everything settled. Every one. And if it wasn't for Alissa it had been the perfect place to stay. Providence was cool, I liked it, and the job here was slightly better paid than in Manhattan, but still, now as we say our farewells and I watch them take the train back home, I wondered if what I had there was worth giving up for what I had here.

Usually the response was positive, but other times it was harder to see.

On my way home from the Station, I keep going over everything about this last couple days and smiling stupidly. Gosh, I missed the guys. I missed having a group and people to do anything or everything with. If it was to go out or to just chill out with. Kimmy was fine, more than fine. She was my best friend, but now she was a mother and she had Riley. She didn't always had her full time to just spend it around. Same with Riley.

Things with Grayson were probably the closest to what I hope I could recreate with the guys, but we just met. It would take weeks or months to get there if we ever did, and it was at moments like this that I realized I was just beginning to create roots in the Providence.

My phone buzzed in my pocket when I was reaching my building, and I slid it out, already knowing who it won't be. Yet my heart dipped when I saw the contacts' name and cold sweat crept down my spine.

Mom.

Hailey

"Damn, I'm tired." groaned Kimberly drowsily when we made it to their bedroom. We had booked two connected rooms with two beds each. One for Kimmy and Eli, and the other for Stella and I. After spending the whole noon out and around, we'd had some little celebration in the bar across the hotel and now I feel light and free and chill.

I needed a weekend just for us. 

"Me too."

I sat at the bed's feet where and bent to unlace my shoes as Kimmy fall flat on the mattress. Eli and Stella want to have a last drink before heading back, but I was so tired.

Once bare feet, I pressed my palms on the mattress and pushed myself backwards to lay face up by her side. My whole muscles purred and melted as they finally relaxed. Yesterday, Stella and I barely got any sleep, but that allowed us to get the column done this early morning. Sleep till midday and met them for lunch and from there it had been an amazing day in Boston. We visited the Museum of Fine Arts, the Public Garden, the Aquarium... It had been all non-stop. And whether I enjoyed every second, it was almost midnight now and I needed a break.

Tomorrow Eli will drag us with her like she did with Kimmy today and gave us work to do. But that was a given, if they were paying the staying of her and her team, we need to be her team.

"Hey, you know what?" Kimmy broke the silence and I hummed. Shifting on my side to face her.

"No. What?"

"They offered me a business."

"Oh yeah?" my brows perked.

"My own brand of lipsticks." She shrugged, as nothing, but I could tell by the hint of excitement in her tone that it was anything but. "They want me to be active on my Berly account once more now that it's about to reach the five million followers and make the great comeback announcing them."

Right. Back in college and when she started the media life, she kept up posting often, once a day at least. But ever since she opened her studio and began working as stylish she kept them coming at a less active pace.

But she was successful. And now not only it allowed her exposition for potential clients, but she also was offered to create something of her own.

I felt my smile expanding and a tingling warming my chest. "Wow, Kimmy, that's incredible."

She grinned, her chin up in pride as she absentmindly undid the tight button of her high waited skinny jeans. Breathing in relief and rubbing her fingers across her stomach. "Yes."

"Would it be like... strawBerly? Berly Red?" I teased and she snorted, rolling her eyes and laying on her back once more.

"You're so dumb."

"Those are actually pretty good names."

"And now I get why you don't name your own articles." I scoffed, nudging her as she chuckled, lightly.

"That's a low blow."

"I'm right, ain't I?" she beamed, looking as carefree and relaxed as I'd ever seen her in the past couple years. "It would be so good, you know? For the brand. The publicity... I could make, like, a raffle of a few free sets. I don't know yet, but it would be great for the studio."

"And for you."

"Yeah."

Laying there we heard the door of the connecting room unlocking and in came Eli and Stella's laugher. Kimmy rolled her eyes with a groan and she snuggled closer to the pillow. "They're back."

"Why are you saying it like it's a bad thing?"

"I'm not."

I leaned closer, holding my weight on my elbow to whisper softly. "Are you mad I brought Stella? I thought you liked her."

"I do."

"Then?"

"Then nothing." she groaned not even opening her eyes. "Stop making such a big fuzz out of everything. The girl is cool."

Yes, she was. I was worried it would be awkward at some point, but it hadn't bee so far. Not at all. In fact, I was amazed of how effortlessly she blended within the group. Eli was the easy part, but even Kimmy was apparently all good with her in there. And after the first moments of awkwardness she relaxed and enjoyed the trip as well.

She enjoyed it so much, that even if we've ended the column this morning she'd stayed. And I like having her there. She was the same easy-going as she'd been lately, like she was that first night at the bar.

"Hello!" Eli pushed the door linking both our room and strode straight to the empty bed -Stella's- and fall on it with a sigh. "How are you ladies doing on this fine evening? You missed one hell of a night."

Kimmy hummed, still not opening her eyes as Stella made her way in as well and calmly took the seat on the table before the beds. She looked tired too as she bent one arm over the table and rested her chin on her palm. "We've only been apart for, like, half an hour."

"And still it pained my heart." pouted Eli bringing one hand over her chest. "I'm up for some Cheetos."

"You've had them already." I reminded her, getting into a sitting position.

"Oh. And are there any candy left?"

"You finished them on the way here." explained gently Stella and Eli frowned.

"I did? No, I did not."

She reached over for her pursed that had landed by her side carelessly and Kimmy hummed, already sounding half out. "Sounds like something you'll do."

"Shut up." Elika pouted going through her purse and probably seeing that indeed there were no candy left and let her back fell against the headrests with a huff. "I'm hungry."

She always is. I slid out the bed, making the mattress move and Kimberly groaned in protest at the movement. "I think I have some chocolates, hold on."

Eli's face lighted up. "Have I told you how much I love you?"

"When you're drunk and hungry, it really doesn't count." I giggled, taking the chocolates from the side pocket of my bag and threw them at her from the bed's feet.

"It counts all the times." she grinned unwrapping on. "Whose bed is this? Do you mind of I eat here."

"Well..." began Stella unsure but she was already nipping at it and she shook her head, tucking a long red strand behind her ear. "Never mind."

Just then Kimmy's phone buzzed in her pocket and she mumbled something sliding it out, frowning at the screen but it melted as soon as she saw the name. Taking the call, she brought the phone to her ear, speaking with her sweetest tone. "Hey baby. Yes, of course I think about you. Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

Smiling to myself at her tired, loving tone, I looked away to give her some privacy and saw Stella tilting her head curiously. The last drink with Eli got her pupils more dilated and her cheeks pink. "What about the whole 'no men allowed'?"

"West is the exception." I shrugged.

"How so?"

"Because Kimmy would probably have a stroke if she doesn't check on him every few hours." but judging for the hour and the soft voice she was using, it probably was him having troubles to sleep without her around. Stella tilted her head, and I chuckled. "Just so we are clear, West is her one-year-old."

"Ohhh, okay. That makes more sense."

I giggled. "West is the baby, and her boyfriend if Riley."

"Riley?" Eli looked over from her -my- half eaten chocolates, scrunching her nose at us. "What had we said about men and their place on this trip?"

"Just updating Stella. We weren't, like, gossiping."

"Mhm." she didn't look convinced, but didn't press it further. Instead, she moved to lay on her stomach, facing us with her feet up and blinking slowly. We were all already pretty tired. I was feeling the exhaustion as well and sat at the end of the mattress by her side as Eli smiled up at me, popping another chocolate in her mouth.

"Oh, hey." she sparkled into life reaching for her phone and unlocking the screen. "What do you think of that song for us?"

"What song?"

"The one in the bar." she was being equally vague and when noticed giggled and went straight to Shazam. "You know which one. I looked it up, don't worry. It was the one with the drums, and the guitar..."

"Like basically every song."

"Uh,uh. Here. Listen." she turned on the volume. "How about this for our song?"

"You're looking for a ship-song?" wondered Stella, dropping her arm across the table and her head on top of it. "That's cute."

"Right?" beamed Eli and I smiled. "So far we're at zero. Shoony. Nada." she sighed dramatically and Stella giggled.

I rolled my eyes listening to the song she just put on, recognizing it as one of the hot list favourites lately. At her attention back on me I hummed. "This one is quite good."

"But?"

"I don't know... It doesn't quite feel like us."

"And what does this mean?" pursed her brows Stella. Kimmy's soft whispers weren't heard anymore and for the gentle way her shoulders move, I was 90 percent sure she had just fallen asleep already. "Feels like you?"

"I don't know. It has to be a song that made's me think of us. Of you." I looked at Eli and she grinned, but it ended with a yawn and she rested her head down on the mattress.

"Right, it doesn't really reminded me of you either. Damn, it's a good one."

Stella laughed lightly, her eyelids heavy. "Yes it is. It's actually my mood-song."

"You have a mood song?" I couldn't keep the surprise off my voice and Eli chuckled, shifting to lay sideways as she chose the next song and I rested my weight backwards on my elbows.

Stella nodded. "Mhm, doesn't everyone?"

"Mine is Like a Virgin." admitted Eli. "What can I say? That song speaks to me. I feel every lyric."

"Sounds like you."

"Right? And you?" she wondered setting the phone down with a new playlist playing. "A song you listen when in need. A song you always want to listen and always gets to you, no matter what."

The answer came easy. "Someone you loved."

"Really?"

"Has been since junior year."

"It's kinda heartbreaking." she hummed, closing her eyes and humming to the song playing.

I smiled but with the exhaustion and the memories she'd awaken with that topic, my mind was numbly going all through the sleepless nights to that song. Through every time it stuck with me or shook me from inside. It made me sad. And melancholic. And hopeful. And a thousand other moments and memories that burned within me.

Eli chuckled. "It's just the two of us now."

"Oh." I blinked and looked over to where Stella was, her eyes closed now and her lips parted in the most vulnerable and innocent face I'd ever seen her.

It made me smile. I knew deep down all those layers or pretentiousness and cold professionalism, she was pretty cool.

With Kimmy out as well on my bed, I laid down besides Eli, not that ready to go back to sleep yet. It feels like I hadn't had a break like this since months ago. Away from work, and headaches and nonsenses.

"What do you want to do now, then?"

"Don't know... wanna watch a movie?"

It took us little to settle for the newest Netflix RomCom and she held her phone before us as we shared the earpieces. Something simple about girl meet boy and after a few inconvenient situations they fell madly in love with one another. Eli kept giggling tiredly beside me, inserting it between yawns but my mind was only half focused on the screen.

For some reason, I seemed to be stuck with the Lewis Capaldi song. As if it kept playing on the back of my head and projecting past emotions and episodes. It shouldn't be affecting me this much, but somehow it was.

'I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to turn to

This all or nothing way of loving got me sleeping without you.'

Worse, at some point I started drifting back to Nate and our discussion. Or basically our situation. I couldn't stand being this weird with him. Seeing his calls and diverting them to avoid hearing his voice and letting him confused me. But wasn't I confusing myself further by stretching this weird tension?

We were over this. We were past the point of reading too much into anything. He was careless and carefree. Held no intention of settling in with anyone and there was no way I was expecting anything else from what we had. But still, him plainly ignoring what happened had hurt me indeed felt like a little too much.

But then, why keep calling? Why the actual surprised and confusion written across his face when we 'talked' about it the other day?

'Now, I need somebody to know, somebody to heal, somebody to have.

Just to know how it feels.'

Something stirred in the pit of my stomach and then I couldn't take it anymore. I got into a sitting position, sliding up the strand of my shirt that had slid ass my shoulder. "I gotta make a call."

"Now?" Eli whined, her tone low and dragged.

"Yes..." I bit my lip, hesitating, unplugging the earpiece. "You're dozing off either way."

She hummed, her eyes not even fully opened. "Right... use my room?"

Glancing around, I see no other option. Kimmy had taken my bed, Stella was lightly snorting on the table, and Eli looked like she would follow soon after. Me too if I waited more. It was almost laughable how exhausted we were.

Taking my phone from where I left it on the table, careful not to touch Stella, I silently slid into the connected room and closed the door between us. The room suddenly dark and silent and my heart pounded harder. Was I really gonna do this?

'It's easy to say but it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you helped me escape-'

Biting on my thumb nail I moved towards the balcony and cold air swirled around me, cooling my flushed face and letting me take one deep intake of air as I stare at the phone thoughtfully.

Stupid song.

I was tired, a bit spiked and high in the glee of the day. Why was I feeling so sensitive about Nate now? This was after all as weekend free of men problems. 

The night outside was calm and inviting. I could see the bright city unfolding under the balcony. Boston was a beautiful city indeed. Full of places to see, modern constructions and light that made the after sun hours seemed equally as bright.

'Now the day bleeds, into nightfall

and you're not here, to get me through it all

I let my guard down and then you pulled the rug

I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved-'

Without giving me more time to actually wrap my head around what I was doing, I opened my contacts list and went straight for one name in particular.

My stomach was a buzz of nerves and it grew tighter and tighter at each buzz against my ear. I nipped into my thumbnail once more, barely breathing when he took it and in came his rough voice on the other end.

"Yeah?"

Nate sounded sleepy, tired. Hoarse, in a sexy way that got my skin prickling and my toes curling.

"Hey." I finally managed, shifting in my spot and awkwardly pressing my back against the cold crystal surface of the french door separating me from the safety of the inside. From the sane part of myself. I cleared my throat. "We're you sleeping?"

"No, don't worry." he was lying, I could tell by the way he held back a yawn. But I couldn't really blame him, it was early morning already. Most people were already sleeping. "How is the girls scape going?"

"Good, good." and silence again. "So, what's up?"

"You called me." he chuckled but I got the horrible feeling he wasn't amused by it. Was he annoyed? I didn't want him to be annoyed with me.

"Oh, right. I'm good. All good. It's all... good."

"That's good then, I guess." he teased.

"Yeah." I giggled but this pressure in my chest didn't ease one bit. "I keep thinking about you."

What the actual hell?

I mean, I had been entertaining myself with more thoughts about him that what I allowed myself to be aware of, but go on and tell him? That was probably the worst choice at the moment.

But once the words were out, there wasn't much I could do about it, was there?

I wanted to ask him about his day. I want to hear his voice and how it shifted with emotions. I wanted to know how had it gone with his New York friends and question every detail about them until I could make a mental picture of their version of him. Of the Nate I didn't get to see when he was away.

But that would be so out of place of me. I had no business digging into his personal life when he's made sure I knew the was no lacing of our fates, not in a deep, personal way.

And I was glad for it, wasn't I? Heartbreaks were too hurtful to endure, and it was bad enough I kept being dragged towards him. Like a planet orbiting the sun, feeding from its warm presence.

It was bad enough I'd blurted he had been in my mind even when I was supposedly putting distance to clear my mind. So I just held my breath waiting for his reaction. Anxious for it, actually.

"Are you really?" he wondered not that sure. "You've been ignoring me."

"I've been busy."

"Right." and after another moment of silence avoiding the elephant in the room: "Can we talk about what happened?"

"Can we not talk about that?" I pouted even knowing he wasn't seeing me and took a seat on the wooden, cushioned deckchair facing the mesmerizing -almost mystical- night skyline before me. "I've missed you."

There was a moment of hesitation -or was it shock?- on his end, and then: "Have you really?"

"Is it so hard to believe?"

"Are you drunk?"

An indignant sound escaped me at his assumption. Accurate assumption, but still. "So it is hard to believe."

"You've been ignoring me, Hailey." his voice was more solid now, less dizzy and I guess sleepiness had left him like it had left me. There was some shuffling and for the change in his voice I could only guess he wasn't laying down anymore and probably had come to a sitting position. "I called you several times in the past couple days and you've diverted them all-"

"I've been busy." I defended but he wasn't done.

"-And now you've missed me?" he scoffed, frustrated.

Which was bad. I didn't want him mad at me. I couldn't yet make out what I really wanted from him and my way to act around the guy because of this uncertainty was probably not helping my cause -whatever it was. But I really didn't want him annoyed at me. I didn't want to be the source of his distress.

"I'm sorry. I was working on this column, you know? A last minute thing and then we were out with the girls." which wasn't a lie. I had been occupied with a lot of stuff in the past couple days. Not so much so I couldn't return his calls, but I wasn't ready to. Yet now? I was sensitive and melancholic, and his voice was alluring and igniting. "Have you ever had phone sex?"

There was a little pause on his end. Shock or hesitation?

"So you are drunk."

"Okay, maybe I am. A bit. Nothing. Just spiked. So? Have you or have you not?"

"Maybe." he answered at last and my insides divided.

A part turned on by the lowering of his grave voice, caressing my every muscle with anticipation and expectation. But another small part of me felt the twitch of jealousy that once more, and no matter what, Nate still had done a lot more than me with other girls.

"Have you?" he asked back when I only hummed, shifting on the deckchair and adjusting to the cushions to the perfect position.

"No..." I stared up at the stars from this high position this building provided from the others around. Reinforcing the feeling of this bubble of just us away from the rest of the world. "I was hoping you would guide me through it."

"You want to have phone sex now?"

"Well, yeah." I smiled, leaning back and letting my other hand slid over my side and to my leg, my skin already receptive only with his voice. He had such a strong reaction from me. "I'm in the red, lace set, you know? Is red still your favorite color?" I whispered trying to be seductive, but I only hear his breathing on his end. "Is it not?"

"Where are the others?"

My brows pursed. "Why do you want the others now? You're talking to me."

Nate sighed. "If this is some kind of prank I'm really not in the mood for it-"

"This is no prank. How old you think we are? They're all in the room next door. Sleeping. I promise."

He sighed. "What if they hear you?"

"I am in the balcony." I said in a duh-tone and rolled my eyes. There was a small silence on his part and my pretend confidence faltered the more his answer delayed. "Hello?"

"You're on the balcony in your red, lace set?"

Oh. I looked down at my crumbled shirt and unbuttoned jeans. There goes the white lie. "Well, no. But I could be."

"How drunk are you?"

I scoffed. "Spiked. And barely. I was having fun, but you've ruined me."

"Is that so?" he retorted confused and I nodded, thinking later that he couldn't see me so I hummed affirmative. "How? I'm not even there."

"I was good on my own, more than good. Getting intimate from time to time. But you came with your sex marathon and now I feel like I might explode after two dry days."

"Sex marathon?" there was amusement in his voice and I could feel my face heating up. "How is that my fault?"

"Don't know. But I want you now."

"Because you miss me."

"Yes."

He let out a soft guffaw then. Not mocking. Just... soft. And I could feel the sound melting through my every barrier and straight to my chest. Confusing me further.

I want to hear him laugh all day. I want to hear it when I wake up, and when I go to sleep, and I want him there to make me feel everything I couldn't express with the delightful sensations he created in my weak body so I could hope one day I would get him out of my system.

"Ever heard of masturbating? Works wonders."

"But I like it better when you do it." I whined, my hand sliding under my shirt and caressing my abdomen down. "Why are you making this so hard?"

 He chuckled hoarsely at his end and my frustrations grew with the lewdness of the sound. "You wanna know what else is hard?"

My heart beat doubled and I almost squirmed, letting my hand caressed the end of my panties, eliciting more jolts of building glee. "So you've missed me, then?"

Tell me you missed me.

He hummed, and I could tell he was growing excited too by the thickness in his tone and the quiet end of it. "I've also grown a bit too used to have you here."

"Mhm, and what would you do to me if I was there?"

His rich, low chuckle caressed my ear like a purr that spread under my skin. "You'll drive me crazy, you know?"

"I rather ride you crazy, how about that?"

"Hard to do when you're an hour away." I could sense the amusement and heaviness in his voice, more rough now. "Since when do you have such a dirty mouth?"

"Don't know." I muttered, biting my lip and he chuckled again. That deep sound that travelled all the way through my nerves to my core. "What now?"

"I... Hailey." he stirred some seriousness in his voice and I almost groaned out loud. "Can't we really talk about it?"

"Not now." I whined, letting opening another button of my jeans and eager for more of this weird magic he managed even through the phone. All my body was buzzing, anticipating. Ready for it to escalate with his voice purring in my ears and his presence invading my thoughts.

"I don't like you being mad at me, babe." he whispered and I barely moaned at the sweet name that rolled out his mouth effortlessly. I must have not been too subtle about it because I could almost sense the smug smirk forming on his lips. "You like it when I call you that, don't you?"

"I love it when you call me that." I confessed raggedly, anticipation swirling under my skin and making me pulse with delight when he groaned.

"Stop doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Distracting me. This is important."

"No, not talking now. Come on, Nate, you missed me too, right? You said you have."

"Hailey-"

"So what would you do if you were here? I too have plenty of ideas..."

He was quite at his end, his deep working breaths the only sound for a couple moments. "I don't think I want to do this right now, then."

"What?" It was like a bucket of cold water, turning all my hot excitement to a buzz of rejection and shocked embarrassment. I got into a seating position. "But," I hated that I stuttered, but couldn't focus on that as I adjusted the sliding strand of my shirt. "But I really want you."

"Hold on that thought." and he hung up.

Shock and humiliation shook me to the core as I stared down at the phone. Rage tugging at the pit of my stomach to cover the shame.

He hung up on me.

Tears prickled on my eyes and my fingers clenched around it. "Jerk."

I could feel myself trembling as I leaned back against the cushioned deckchair, glaring forward into the night as the weight of what had just happened hang over me with a deadly embarrassing ton.

What the hell was I supposed to do now? With these corrosive feelings? With myself? I was still confused and frustrated and even worse than before I had the brilliant idea of calling him.

An embarrassed groan escaped me and I hid my face in my palms.

"What the hell?"

........................................

Hey! Here's a new chapter! Any thought on what happened? I'm dying to read you. Also, I'm halfway writting the next chapter, and if we made it to the 3700 votes I'm posting next week.

Don't forget to comment, vote and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255 3 18
SHORT CHAPTERS ------ He rips my phone from my hand again and puts it behind him. "Tell me how it works then." "We have to kiss." He looks at me for...
348K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
478K 13.2K 64
No commitment. No more heartaches. Just kissing. Could it really be that simple? Nate Herond. He's the guy everyone adores. Quarterback of the footba...
8.3K 1.4K 17
When you're broken, lost and got nothing left to lose... you become bulletproof. Trying to fix your life back together after having it shaken upside...