My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

Do You Still Love To Marry Me?

363 14 0
By MadeenahJunaid

Asher took a deep breath. Staring at the plate of buttermilk pancake, syrup, and strawberry placed in front of him by Suzanne. She bowed respectfully, noticing her boss was off-minded. She served with a fake smile and then left. Asher didn’t even notice.

It has been minutes since he sat there, staring at the empty ceiling. In the silence, he could hear Lilah’s voice... She cried they weren’t meant to be. She said they were so wrong for each other, and the way she cried at the hospital. That was the last memory he had of her. Asher shook his head, throwing one last glance at the food in front of him. His brown eyes fixed as if he’d lost everything.

Amaya walked in, realizing that her son was just staring at his food. Her slim, soft, angled eyebrows furrowed in unison as she watched him closely. Asher didn’t move a flinch. She snapped her fingers to his face.

Asher’s eyes widened in surprise but quickly recovered from it as a soft hiss escaped his lips. Waking into reality, he wiped out his dull-looking eyes and looked at his mum. Then he turned away. Uninterested in whatever she had to say.

Amaya wore a look of guilt as she opened the served food. It was untouched... Her jaws dropped in surprise.

“Why haven’t you eaten your food?” She brought up.

Asher turned away.

“My dear, you can’t continue like this.” She pressed, placing a hand across his built shoulders, but he shrugged her hand off.

Amaya scowled at him with pouted lips, studying his moody attitude. She knew it pissed him and he won’t talk about it.

Asher made a face, looking all sullen at her disturbing presence.

“Look, sometimes you must hurt to know, fall to grow, lose to gain because life’s greatest lessons are learned through pain. Asher, you need to stop starving. It won’t bring back the baby. You need to move on.” Amaya paused and knitted a brow at him. “Or do you miss Lilah?”

He raised his gaze to his mother. “No... Why would you say a thing like that? I don’t miss her.” Asher confessed. “Not at all. I just hate the fact that despite everything, we lost the baby.”
Asher emphasized the last word, scrunching his straight nose.

“Uh...” Amaya inhaled. Folding her arms on her chest, gave a heated sensation. She could feel his pain by just staring at her son. “I am your mother. You can’t just lie to me. I’m not a kid. Go get your wife back.”

“But mum, that’s not the issue.” Asher glared at his mother and pointed out. “Lilah and I were never meant to be. I am still not over Asena and I’m sure she’s still in love with Conan. Lilah never accepted me, she never would.”

Amaya rolled her eyes vividly at Asher and nodded negatively at his words, taking a seat right next to him. “Hmm... If you say so. Just eat your food, huh? Before it gets cold.”

“I’ll eat.”

“I want to see you eating.” She pressed, quirking an eyebrow. “Or should I feed you?”

“I’ll eat, mum. I’ll eat.” Asher grinned and rolled his eyes at her attempts while she wore a wide, toothy smile. He knew his mum just wouldn’t let him ponder in peace. She won’t let him rest until he eats.

“You remind me a lot about your dad. He’s always adamant about whatever he sets his mind on.” Amaya joked at his stern face. “It’s been just a week since she left and your eyeballs are like that of a well. You’re looking so slim... Eat, okay?” she pressed once more.

Asher stifled a laugh, shaking his head. He had no choice but to pick up the clean fork and start devouring the meal.

Lilah dressed in a pink, one-shouldered dress and black wedge sandals. Her achromatic, wavy hair danced at her back as she stepped out of a grocery store along the street. With two brown shopping bags at hand, Lilah jumped into her mum’s car she took them out. Throwing the luggage in the back seat, Lilah sat comfortably in the driver’s seat and started the car engine. She turned the starting wheels out of the parking lot and drove onto the empty road.

Just then, she met with heavy traffic on the road and joined the queue. Lilah let out a sharp intake of air as she realized it might take a while. Only if everyone else were a werewolf, life would have been so much easier. Lilah knew she could run faster than the vehicle, but to live in the human world, one would have to fuel the vehicle and join traffic jams, which was way tiring. She placed a hand on her forehead, winding down the glasses for fresh air.

A look left and she saw Conan.

Seeing him again made her poor heart sink. She just stared, and he stared at her, too. His eyes were always on hers. Lilah never expected to see him. She still wasn’t ready to face him, but he was seated right next to her. Lilah’s eyes danced at him as if she had a lot to tell him. As if she missed him... So much, and she needed to tell him.

‘Pim! Pimmm!! Pimmmm!!!’

The cars behind them horned. Then they realized the traffic congestion in front of them was clear. Conan drove by, parking his car at a corner, while Lilah followed. Her car halted in a screech as she climbed down, walking towards where he was standing. She peeled her fingernails timidly while getting to where he was. Lilah was lost for words... She just watched him with a tight-lipped smile.

“I’m sorry about your loss.” Conan started. His sincere eyes focused on hers. “I heard you lost your baby.”

“Yes... Thank you.” Her voice sounded low and shaky.

“I also heard you no longer live in his house.”

Lilah heaved at his words and nodded in agreement. “That’s the best thing to do.”

A smirk spread across Conan's lips as he pulled forward, staring into her blue eyes. He looked around and there was no one watching.

Then he stepped up to her. Closer.

“So... How are you?”

Lilah let out a scant breath and shrugged. “I am fine. I’m okay.”

She raised her gaze at him and with the passionate look in his big, brown eyes, Lilah smiled. Looking away. She swirled her hair behind her hears, her dangling set of earrings made her look more beautiful. Conan couldn’t help but notice her charming beauty. He’d missed her so much. His eyes glittered at hers, mesmerized.

Lilah raised her gaze at him again. She found him smirking at her. Placing his hands on hers, Lilah swallowed her breath with a smile.

There’s no doubt she had missed him, too. Conan then wrapped his arms around her in a soft cuddle. She held him round by the waist with closed eyes, feeling his warmth once again. Then, behind her opened ears, Conan whispered some words, and she blushed.

Getting home, Lilah sprinted out of the car, into her parent’s compound. He grabbed the shopping bags and sprinted into the kitchen. Humming a song, ‘She Wolf’ by Shakira. She met her mum in the kitchen, doing the dishes.

“Hey, mum!” Lilah chuckled, hugging her mum from behind. Planting a peck on her left cheek, she startled.

Benita frowned and stopped the washing at once, taking off her rubber gloves. Glancing back at her daughter, she caught her dancing to the song.

“Welcome back, my dear.” Benita smiled. “You’re surely in a good mood today.”

Lilah giggled at her mum’s words. Taking out the stuff she bought, saying nothing.

“Our people would say happiness is an unexpected hug. I’ve not seen you smile in a very long time, Lilah. Tell me, what happened?”

“Ugh... Mum!” An exhausted sigh escaped Lilah. “You’re always curious, but you’re right.” She left the goods and moved closer to Benita.

“I’ve left the past behind and moved on.”

“That is the spirit!” Benita encouraged. “It gladdens my heart to hear this from you.”

“And mum,” Lilah cut in. “I’ve ended things with Asher. Whatever was between us was over now. She sprinted around with another giggle. I need to take off my shoes and change. I’ll be right back!” She chuckled and walked out of the kitchen. Running upstairs into her room.

Startled, Benita froze in place to what she just heard. “Does Lilah mean it? Is ending things with Asher a good idea?”

Lilah was on her bed, lost in thoughts when her phone suddenly binged. She scrolled through her phone to check who it was.

Conan just sent a message.

A smile beamed on her face as she replied to him back. He texted her that night and they met outside her parents’ mansion.

Conan placed a hand on hers. “You know, I never thought a day like this would come.” He stared at her, eyes that danced in the darkness. “When we will be together again?”

He smiled and Lilah noticed how close they were seated. She controlled her racing heartbeat, wanting to glance away but focused.

“Me too.” She replied, finally having the courage to face him. “I thought our chapter had ended.” Lilah gazed into his eyes and looked away again. Sitting with him gave a distinct sensation, unlike before. “It’s just that we can’t be open anymore. We are no longer lovers.”

A strand of her bluish-black hair covered her pretty face and Conan pulled it behind her ears for her.

“Why?” He studied her delicate eyes. “Who says we can’t?”

“The world.”

“The world?”

“Yes, our world? Your people.” She pointed out to his face. “The members of our pack. Remember how they turned their backs on me the other time? I can’t face them again. I still feel bad and... Guilty.”

“But we shouldn’t care about what they think. It’s our life.” Conan persuaded.

“Dear, it’s not as easy as you think,” Lilah said, frowning at his slouched position. “I wish I could have stayed in your life but I was too much and not enough at the same time. I was married some weeks ago. And now we are here together. You know many people would not like that. They see me as a heartbreaker. A betrayer...” she said, defeated.

Tears pricked in her sad eyes, and she turned away, hiding her tears from him. But swallowed her breath with a hand on her face. Conan placed his index finger under her jaw, bringing her face in his direction. Then he held onto her tiny, icy hands.

“We shouldn’t care what others will think or say. We shouldn’t let them put thoughts in our heads or decide where our destiny lies. What truly matters is how we feel about each other.”

He locked eyes with her, and Lilah pouted out her lips to the thought. Thinking about what he just said. It was confusing. She sneaked out of her parents’ house to meet him. This was more dangerous than her relationship with Asher. More risky.

Watching her, a mysterious smile made its way to Conan's lips. “I was thinking. Let’s get married.”

Lilah jolted her hand off his touch. Her slim eyebrows pulled up in unison as she instantly went stiff. “Get married?”

“Yes. Like we’ve always wanted. Huh?” He was in a trance with her sapphire blue eyes.

“But we can’t just do that?” her quivering voice emphasized the last word.

Conan wondered if it was the effect of the chilly night or she didn’t want to. Pondering on it, Lilah nodded negatively. “No, we can’t do that.”

“Why?” Conan pulled closer. “We love each other very much. The moon goddess willed it. That’s what matters.”

“But love is not enough. How do you convince your family that you want to marry me?” Lilah insinuated. “Besides, I am still legally married to Asher Rhys. What if he doesn’t support our marriage? What if he doesn’t want us together, and freaks out, putting up his acts again?” a gasp of air hushed out of her trembling lips.

“I will tell my family. Convincing them would not be a simple task, but I will surely convince them.” Conan promised.

Hearing his words, Lilah looked away, confused.

“As for your marriage with the Alpha, why don’t you return the wedding gifts? Meet with the priest, and and carry out the rituals. And once again, Lilah... You’re free. Free from the guilt and betrayal placed upon your chest. Free from the hurting memories you shared with him. It was all a mistake that shouldn’t have happened. The most important question is... Do you still love to marry me?”

Lilah’s eyes widened as silent tears of fear pricked in her frozen blue eyes. A shiver ran down her spine. Her mind raced with a million thoughts. Not wanting to be lured by his presence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 413 8
this is a werewolf swapped at birth story. imagine a baby dies at birth and its the alphas baby. a nurse freaks out and doesn't know what to do so sh...
164K 4.8K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
14.5K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
769K 19.9K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...