American Noise

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Jack and Jayci Kline are nothing like their father. Instead, they choose to be like the mother they never met... More

Aesthetics
Playlist
Eerily Gold
Season Thirteen
02. The Rising Son and Daughter
03. Patience
04. The Big Empty
05. Tombstone
06. The Bad Place
07. Good Intentions
08. Unfinished Business
09. Beat the Devil
10. Exodus
11. Let the Good Times Roll
Season Fourteen
12. Stranger in a Strange Land
13. Gods and Monsters
14. The Scar
15. Optimism
16. Unhuman Nature
17. Byzantium
18. The Spear
19. Nihilism
20. Ouroboros
21. Peace of Mind
22. Don't Go Into the Woods
23. Game Night
24. Absence
25. Jack in the Box
26. Moriah
Season Fifteen
27. Back and to the Future
28. Raising Hell
29. The Rupture
30. Atomic Monsters
31. Proverbs 17:3
32. Golden Time
33. Last Call
34. Our Father, Who Aren't in Heaven
35. The Trap
36. The Heroes' Journey
37. The Gamblers
38. Galaxy Brain
39. Destiny's Child
40. Last Holiday
41. Gimmie Shelter
42. Drag Me Away (From You)
43. Unity
44. Despair
45. Inherit the Earth
46. Carry On

01. Lost and Found

848 14 13
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Sam entered the bedroom to find Jack and Jayci, fully grown, eyes glowing gold.

"Father?" Jack and Jayci asked.

They stared at one another. Jack and Jayci stood and Sam took a step back.

OUTSIDE

Dean knelt beside Castiel. He stood and ran toward the house.

INSIDE

"No, no no. No. I'm not your father, Jack and Jayci. It is Jack and Jayci, right?" Sam told him.

Jack and Jayci's eyes were still glowing. "Father."

A door opened and there were footsteps.

"Sam? Sammy?" Dean called.

"I'm in here," Sam answered.

Dean came in, gun drawn, behind Sam. He saw Jack and Jayci, and immediately fired at them.

"No!" Sam cried.

Jack and Jayci began screaming, and waves of light came off of them. It blasted the windows out of the upper floor of the cabin. Dean and Sam moved in slow motion throughout; and once Jack and Jayci stopped screaming, they were thrown against the wall. Both were knocked out.

Dean and Sam were standing outside the cabin. Mary entered from behind.

"Get away from them," Mary ordered.

"Mary, right?" Lucifer asked. "Look, seriously, I just wanted to say thank for everything. I owe you, kid."

Mary had the Enochian-warded brass knuckles behind her back.

"Mom, mom, mom," Sam repeated.

Mary looked at Sam and Dean. "I love you."

She walked toward Lucifer. Flames crackled and she stopped and looked down. She was engulfed in flames. She screamed.

"Mom!" Dean cried.

Mary rose into the air and was burning on the bedroom ceiling. Flames erupted.

Dean's eyes shot open. He and Sam woke.

"Wait, was that-" Dean began.

"Lucifer's son and daughter," Sam informed.

Dean grabbed his gun and they exited the cabin.

"Can they teleport?" Dean wondered.

Sam looked at him, confused. "Huh?"

"The kids. Do they have wings?"

"I don't know."

They looked around the empty cabin yard.

---

Jack and Jayci were walking barefoot down a path through the woods. Bare everything. They saw Pirate Pete's Jolly Treats in the distance through the trees, and stared.

The Pirate Pete jingled as a young man dropped hash browns into a fryer. "First batch is down."

Clark was changing the menu so that various item names read "BUTT" instead. "Dude. Check it."

"Check what?"

"This! Can I interest you in a Cheesebutt? Or maybe a Salty Butt Combo? Or perhaps my favorite - the Buttshake."

"Dave sees this, he's going to fire you."

"Oh, come on. He's fired me, like, seven times. And I keep coming back. You know why?"

"Uh, because Dave's banging your mom?"

"Exactly. Let's face it, buddy. Around here, I'm untouchable."

"Cool. Good for you."

Static crackled from the drive-through speaker.

"Father?" Jack and Jayci asked.

Clark and the kid looked at each other and went to the drive-through window.

Clark, through the mic said, "Yo, we're not open yet."

"Father."

Clark and the kid turned the camera on to see Jack and Jayci standing naked in the drive-through.

"Whoa."

"I think you should call your mom," the kid told Clark as he stared at Jayci.

At the North Cove Sheriff's Office, a cell phone rang, and a woman picked up. "Hi, baby." She paused. "How naked?"

---

The Impala drove along a mountain lake.

"We still have holy oil, right?" Dean asked.

"For what?" Sam questioned.

"'Cause we're gonna have to hit them with everything we got."

"Hold on a second. Can we just talk about what happened back there?"

"Sure. Which part? Let's see. Crowley's dead, Kelly's dead, Cas is—" He paused. "Mom's gone, and apparently, the Devil's kids hit puberty in thirty seconds flat. Oh, and almost killed us."

"Yeah, because you tried to shoot them."

"I tried to shoot the monsters, Sam. It's kind of what we do."

"We don't know what they are yet, Dean. And I had it under control."

"I'm sorry. Are you defending the son and daughter of Satan?"

"I'm not defending anything. I'm just saying, look, with everything that's happened, I'm obviously spun out also, but we need a plan."

"Yeah, kill them! Okay? That's the plan. Look, right now all that matters is finding them, and ending them, before he hurts anybody else. And once we do that we'll figure everything else out."

"What about Cas? Is he - is he really dead?"

"You know he is."

PIRATE PETE'S

Sheriff Barker got out of her car, hand on her gun, and shared a glance with Clark inside. She shook her head at him.

"Hi," Sheriff Barker greeted.

Jack and Jayci turned to look at her.

"Easy, easy now. I'm just... my name's Christine Barker. I'm a sheriff. I'm just here to help, okay? Okay?"

Jack and Jayci smiled, mildly sinisterly.

SHERIFF'S OFFICE

An officer was backing away from Jack and Jayci, who'd been clothed. Jack was standing still, eyes closed, one arm raised in front of his chest. Jayci stood next to him with closed eyes, as though she was trying to listen to something.

"So weird," Earl commented.

"Why don't you head out on patrol, Earl?" Sheriff Barker suggested, "And by the way, there's no such thing as "weird." Everyone's normal in their own way."

"Right. Sorry, Sheriff."

Jack and Jayci were moving their feet around, feeling the shoes.

"Totally normal," Clark muttered.

"Hope those are all right. Just pulled some stuff from the lost and found. Everything fit? Here." She handed Jack and Jayci a water bottle. "Take a seat. Sit."

Jack and Jayci sat.

"Okay, let's start with the basics. What're your names?"

Jack and Jayci were focused fully on the water bottle.

Sheriff Barker asked more forcefully, "What're your names?"

Jack set down the water bottle. "Jack."

Jayci crinkled the paper surrounding the bottle. "Jayci."

"Okay Jack, Jayci, Jack and Jayci what? What're your last names?" Sheriff Barker asked.

Jack and Jayci stared at her, not understanding.

"Okay, how about where are your parents? Your mother and father?"

Jack and Jayci flashed back to Kelly blowing them a kiss and he said, "Our mother, she's in Heaven. Our father, he was supposed to be here, but he's not. We're trying to find him. We have to find him."

"Sure, we can do that. What's his phone number?"

Jack and Jayci were silent.

"What about his address, or an email?"

Jack and Jayci remained silent.

"Is there anything you do remember, Jack, Jayci?"

Jack and Jayci flashed back to Dagon's death and the latter said, "We remember when the bad woman burned. We remember the universe screamed."

Christine, Sheriff Barker and Clark shared concerned looks. Clark cleared his throat and spun his finger at his temple.

"Okay, I'm gonna take your thumbprints, and we're gonna run it through the system. If we get a match we get you home, yeah?" Christine inked and rolled Jack and Jayci's thumbs. "Okay just like that, and, press it here. Okay. You two stay here, I'll be right back."

Jack and Jayci examined their thumbs, then tasted the ink as Clark watched.

"Dude, how high are you?" Clark asked.

Jack and Jayci sat across from Clark. "We... don't know what that means."

"It means, um, wasted? Lit? Chonged, blitzed, blasted, blazed, baked? Nothing? No? Look, I'm not judging you. I'm jealous! What are you on?"

"We're on a chair, on the floor, on the planet earth."

"You are so stoned, man."

"No, I'm not stoned. I'm..."

"What?"

"Hungry," the twins said sharing a look. "I'm hungry."

---

The Impala pulled up to Pirate Pete's.

"Well. You really think that Lucifer Junior and Little Lady Lucifer are at Pirate Pete's Jolly Treats? That they were like what, "before I destroy the world, let me just grab a bag of curly fries"?" Dean said.

"Look, if they would've kept to the main road, they would have walked past it. And I don't know-" Sam trailed.

"Fine, just make it quick," Dean told him.

"You're not coming?"

"No. Look, maybe you're right. Maybe the Devil's kids are in there just hanging out. Or maybe he's halfway across the country, torching Chicago. I'm gonna call Jody, check in, see if she can't help us put a nationwide APB out on the creepy satanic nudists."

"Good."

"Good is not the word I would use."

Inside Pirate Pete's, a woman moaned, "Friiiies."

"Lady, seriously. We don't have fries. It's breakfast only until eleven. But like I've said three times already, hash browns are basically the same," the kid told her.

"Boooo. Fries."

Sam entered.

"Welcome to Pirate Pete's Jolly Treats. Argh. How can I help you?" the kid asked.

"He wants fries. We all want fries."

"Shut up!"

Outside, Dean hung up his phone and got out of the car.

PIRATE PETE'S

"Ignore her. She's drunk off her ass," the kid said.

"Little bit," the drunk woman admitted.

"Right. Uh, Okay, I'm looking for a guy and a girl. Uh, he - he's about your height. She's a little taller than average. Uh... naked," Sam said.

The drunk woman chuckled. "You and me both, sister."

"What did I say?" the kid asked.

"Sorry."

"And yeah, I saw them."

SHERIFF'S OFFICE

The phone rang. Sheriff Barker was distracted by something on her computer screen as she picked up. "North Cove Sheriff's Department. Barker speaking."

"This is Agent Berry. I'm with the FBI. Uh, I'm - I'm calling because, uh, did you happen to pick up a - a couple kids earlier today, uh, not exactly dressed. Um, he-" Sam cut off, distracted for a moment by Clark's menu update.

"Uh, yeah. They're here at the station."

"They are? Great, great, that's great. Uh, okay, hold on to them. Don't release them until I get there, all right?"

"Holy..."

"Sheriff? Something wrong?"

On the computer screen, Jack and Jayci's thumbprints appeared as just lines and static.

"Uh... that's something we should talk about in person."

EXT. PIRATE PETE'S

Dean was walking toward the car, keys in his hand. The knuckles of his right hand were bleeding.

"Whoa. What happened to your hand?" the drunk woman asked.

"Nothin'," Dean replied.

"Doesn't look like nothing. You punch a wall or something? I punched a wall once. Well, a poster on a wall, but same diff, right? Freshman year, I had this roommate, Becky. She had this giant poster of Elsa. You know, from "Frozen"? And I mean, first, who brings something like that to college? A cartoon? Really? Like, "hello homeschool," right?"

As she was talking, she was writing something in the dust of the Impala's passenger side window. Dean removed a bottle of whisky from the trunk. He took a swallow and then poured some over his bloody knuckles.

"You done?" Dean questioned

"Anyway, Becky was - and I say this in the most feminist, screw the patriarchy way - a giant superbitch. She'd take things, and break things, and piss people off, and just do whatever she wanted, no matter who it hurt."

Dean was making a 'please stop talking face' at her, but she was oblivious.

"It's like the whole world was just Becky to her, you know?"

"Mmm," Dean hummed. "So you punched her poster."

"And lit most of her stuff on fire."

Dean gave her a look.

"I got issues."

"Hey, s-" Sam began, noticing drunk woman and stopped. "Dude, what'd you do to your hand?"

"Don't ask. He's super sensitive."

"You got anything?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, I - I know where they are."

"Good. Great. Let's go."

The drunk woman had written 'BITCH' in the Impala's rear window.

SHERIFF'S OFFICE

The lights were flickering in random patterns throughout the station.

"Clark? Jack? Jayci?" Sheriff Barker called.

The sheriff moved around the office looking for them. The lights continued to flicker. The office appeared deserted.

"Clark. Clark!"

As she moved to a long hallway, there was muffled laughter and voices. The lights at the end of the hall turned completely off. Christine unsnapped her gun and moved to the last door, where a sliver of light was coming through. She opened the door to see Clark, Jayci and Jack sitting on the floor in front of a vending machine. They were surrounded by junk food wrappers.

"Mm. Hey mom," Clark greeted.

"Uh, are you okay?" Sheriff Barker asked.

"Yeah, Jack and Jayci were just hungry. I don't think they've ever had candy before."

"Mmm."

Jack smiled brightly. "I like it. I like nougat."

Jayci grinned. "I like M&Ms."

"They really do," Clark said.

"Did you see... there's something wrong with the lights." Sheriff Barker told them.

"It's, uh..." Clark laughed nervously. "...it's crazy. Show her, the, mm, thing."

Jack and Jayci stood and went to the vending machine. They smiled at the sheriff, then placed their hands on the side of the machine. Lights crackled and flickered as the machine dropped a lot of candy.

"Mmm, yeah, dude and girl are uh... magic."

"Jack, Jayci, how did you do that?"

Jack and Jayci chuckled. "I don't know."

High-pitched ringing and distorted voices were suddenly heard by Jack and Jayci. The sheriff and Clark didn't hear them. The sounds were causing Jack and Jayci pain, and their eyes began to glow.

"Jack? Jayci? Are you okay?" Sheriff Barker asked.

Jack and Jayci groaned. "I-I don't... I-I have to..."

"Just wait. Wait."

She placed a hand on Jack and Jayci's shoulders. Jack and Jayci turned to her and "pushed" her back into the vending machine with their power. Slow motion waves pulsed out of Jack and Jayci, and became very fast. Glass shattered.

"Mom!" Clark cried.

Clark ran to the sheriff, who was knocked out. The noise and voices continued in Jack and Jayci's point-of-view, and they struggled to remain upright and left the room. As he stumbled down the hallway, light bulbs exploded overhead. They made it to the main room before falling to their knees. In front of then they saw a distorted-looking Dean.

Dean was warped in Jack and Jayci's point-of-view. "Hey."

Jack and Jayci's eyes began to glow again, and they started to struggle to their feet. A taser sounded and Jack fell forward, then Jayci fell backward. Sam was standing behind them, taser in hand.

"Nice shot," Dean commented.

They moved towards Jack and Jayci. The sheriff came in as they were distracted, gun drawn and pointed at them. "Don't... what the hell is going on here?"

Sam and Dean put their hands up in surrender.

The sheriff locked Sam, Jayci and Jack in a holding cell, handcuffed Dean, and sat him down in her office for a talk, laying out Sam and Dean's weapons on her desk.

"I'm sorry. Say that again," Sheriff Barker said.

"My name is Dean Winchester. That big fella in there is my brother Sam. We kill monsters."

"Monsters?"

"Mm."

"Like..."

"Have you ever seen a horror movie?"

Sheriff Barker replied after a pause, "Mm-hmm."

"Like that."

Sheriff Barker paused again. "So what are you? Some kind of superheroes?"

"I'm just a guy doing a job." Dean paused. "So those kids you got in there, they're, uh..."

"Not... human?"

"Not exactly."

"So, um... what are they?"

"So... Jack and Jayci are nephilims. They're half-human and half-angel. Angels are real, too."

The moment Dean said Jack and Jayci's names, Jack, who was lying down in the jail cell, and Jayci, who was lying on the floor, opened their eyes as though they could hear Dean talking about them.

Sheriff Barker exhaled and chuckled. "Right."

In the holding cell, Jack and Jayci sat up, grunting. They moved quickly away from Sam, getting as far back as possible before turning glowing eyes on Sam as they crouched defensively.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, easy, easy, easy. It's okay. You're okay. I'm not gonna hurt you two," Sam reassured.

Jack and Jayci looked at Sam. "You already hurt me."

"Yes, I did. I-I'm sorry. I was just trying to slow you two down. You-- you two were, uh... Are you two all right?"

"I don't, she and I... she and I were scared, and when we get scared, things happen. I... We can't stop them," Jack said.

As he spoke, Jack visibly calmed down, the glow fading from his eyes. Jayci slowly started calming down as well.

He knelt a few feet from Jack and Jayci. "Why were you two scared?"

"Because of the voices," she whispered. "They were so... loud, so... angry."

"Do you two hear them right now?"

Jack and Jayci considered his words, and gradually stood, much more relaxed. "No."

"Good." Sam chuckled. "Good." He exhaled sharply.

Sam was also relieved as Jack and Jayci sat on the cot opposite them and folded their legs up criss cross applesauce style.

"I'm sorry," Jack and Jayci apologized.

Sam asked, confused, "What?"

"Will you tell him that we're sorry?" Jack said.

"Yeah. Sure. Of course." Sam paused. "Jack, Jayci... how are you two, um... How are we... talking right now? I mean, you're -- you're both not even a day old. How do you two speak English?"

"Our mother taught us."

"So you talked to her."

"We were her."

"Okay. And, um... your powers. Did she teach you two those, too, or..."

Jack and Jayci stood and walked to the nearest wall, feeling the concrete blocks with his hands, tracing the seams between them as she talked. "No, Jack and I... Jack and I don't know why these things happen. It's like we're us, but... not us."

"Jack, Jayci, look, uh... before you two were born, you two, uh -- you opened up a door to another world. Do you two remember that?"

Jack and Jayci inhaled deeply, still studying the wall. "Yes."

"Okay, uh, could you two do that again?"

"I don't... I... Jayci and I have to find our father?" Jack told Sam.  "He'll protect us."

"Jack, Jayci, you gotta listen to me. That's not really what Lucifer does," Sam told him.

Jack was still fondling the wall and Jayci was running her hand along it as she said, "Lucifer? No, that's not his name. Our father is Castiel."

Sam looked shocked. "What?"

"Our mother, she said Castiel, he would keep us safe. She said the world was a dangerous place. That's -- that's why Jack and I couldn't be a baby or a child. I... That's why we had to grow up fast. That's why we chose him to be our father. Where is he?"

Sam's heart broke a little. "He's dead."

Jack and Jayci were saddened and distressed at the news.

Clark was outside the sheriff's office, huddling in the doorway to light a joint. He turned around to see Drunk Fries Woman and the two angels from the cabin. Miriam smirked at Clark.

The drunk woman, Miriam, said, "Hmm. So... you gonna share or what?"

Inside, Dean came to the holding cell to talk to Sam.

"All right, we're good to go," Dean told him.

"Really?" Sam asked.

The door opened.

"Yeah, the Sheriff -- I gave her the talk. She's gonna need a minute, but she's cool." They glanced over at Jack and Jayci, still sitting on the cot. "So... let's grab Damien and his female counterpart here and find some place quiet..." Dean clicked his tongue and gave Sam a thumbs up.

"No, no, no, Dean. Jack and Jayci are not evil. They -- they -- they're just kids."

Dean frowned at him. "Are you... They're Lucifer's son and daughter."

"Maybe so, but we need them."

"What?"

"Like-"

Clark screamed from the other room. "Help!"

Dean exchanged a glance with Sam, Jayci and Jack, and then without a word, left the holding room to go investigate. Sheriff Barker joined them as they entered the main squad room, to find Drunk Woman/the angel Miriam holding Clark at the point of an angel blade.

"Hey, Dean," Miriam greeted.

Inside the squad room, Miriam held Clark from behind, her angel blade to his throat, while Dean and Sheriff Barker stood across the room.

Sheriff Barker drew her gun and aimed it at Miriam. "Oh, no, you-"

Dean held out a hand and lowered her gun. "No, no, no! No. That won't do jack against her."

"He's not wrong," Miriam replied.

"Let him go."

"Okay. If she shoots you." Sheriff Barker looked to Dean in confusion. "I don't know what he's told you. I mean, I can guess. Some line about how he and his brother..." she deepened her voice, "save the world. Grr. So macho." She sighed and spoke in her normal voice. "But really, they're not heroes. They're Becky."

"Becky? The roommate Becky?"

"You take things and break things and piss people off, and just do whatever you want, no matter who it hurts. Also, you're a giant super bitch."

"Well, it takes one to know one."

"So, yeah, you're Becky, and Becky needs to die. You're on, Barney Fife."

HOLDING CELL

"Dean?" Sam called.

Metal clanked in distance. Sam, Jayci and Jack waited, still locked up. Sam tried picking the lock, but had no luck. Glass shattered, metal creaked as the door to the room was ripped from its hinges and a bright light shone through.

Sam called more urgently, "Dean?"

The two angels from the cabin entered. Their eyes glowed as they used their power, and Jack and Jayci reacted as though they had instantly acquired the world's worst migraine.

Conrad was using angel radio. "They're here. We have the boy and the girl."

SQUAD ROOM

Miriam received his message. "Too late."

Miriam stabbed Clark in the side with her angel blade.

"No!" Sheriff Barker cried.

Dean charged Miriam, and a fight broke out.

HOLDING ROOM TWO

Angel Two ripped the cell door off and threw it aside. Sam punched her.

SQUAD ROOM

Dean and Miriam continued to fight, but Sheriff Barker ran to her son and dragged him out of the way.

"Clark," Sheriff Barker said.

Sam continued to fight with Angel Two. She slammed Sam against the bars. He head-butted her, and she flung him across the room to land on the floor.

Dean continued to fight with Miriam, wrestling for control of her angel blade.

Conrad kicked Sam when he tried to stand, punching him back to the ground, kicking him a few more times while Angel Two went to Jack and Jay Jayci, who were still huddled on their cot in pain.

Sheriff Barker was tending to Clark's wound, and calling Earl for backup, using the radio. "Earl?"

"Yes, Sheriff."

"It's Barker. I need an ambulance at the station now."

"Copy that."

Dean got up from where Miriam had thrown him across a desk. Dean kicked a chair at her. Dean picked up a coat rack and jabbed at her with it. She grabbed it, broke it in half, and Dean tossed the pieces at her and he ran.

Sheriff Barker found a first aid kit beneath a desk and opened bandages. "We're just gonna put a little pressure on the wound. Lift it up. Put pressure."

"Aah!" Clark cried.

Dean grabbed a fire extinguisher off the wall and used it as a shield, catching Miriam's blade and gaining control over the weapon. He got her in a headlock, and held the blade to her throat.

In the holding cell, Conrad continued to kick Sam, who was huddled on the floor, spitting blood. Conrad turned to help Angel Two with Jack and Jayci, who were in considerable distress, from angel mojo being used in their vicinity. They began leading them out of the cell, but Sam called out to them.

"Hey!" Sam yelled.

They turned back in time to see that Sam had drawn a banishing sigil in his own blood. The angels disappeared when Sam activated the sigil, and Jack and Jayci were affected painfully, glowing lines appearing on their neck, and they collapsed to the ground. They recovered quickly, but Sam rushed to their aid. "Jack! Jayci!"

Dean still had Miriam, angel blade to her throat. "Why are you here?"

"We want the Golden Tickets. Lucifer 2: Electric Boogaloos," Miriam replied.

"Why?"

"Because Bieber and Swift in there? They can do almost anything."

Dean asked hopefully, "Anything?"

Miriam chuckled. "Oh, sweetie. Almost anything. Castiel, he's dead. All the way dead, because of you."

After crushing Dean's hopes enough to distract him, Miriam head-butted Dean, gave him a bloody lip, and broke free, wrestling back her blade, and rushed off towards the holding cells. Dean got his wits about them, and realized where Miriam was headed.

"Sam," Dean realized.

Miriam confronted Sam, who put himself between her and Jack and Jayci.

"Don't," Sam said.

"Or what, other one?" Miriam asked.

Dean entered the room behind Miriam. "Guess."

"Stay away from the kids," Sam ordered.

"You're right. But if we can't have them," she stabbed Jack and Jayci in the chest through the bars, "no one can."

Jack and Jayci dropped to their knees, Miriam's blades through their chests, and Sam stabbed Miriam in the chest, killing her. He went into the cell to see Jack and Jayci still kneeling and gently pulled the angel blades out of their chests.

"Jack. Jayci. Jack. Jayci. J-" Sam was cut off.

Jack and Jayci held the bloody angel blades as Sam and Dean looked on in shock. "I... I'm fine."

Outside the Sheriff's Office, an ambulance prepared to take Clark to the hospital. Jack and Jayci sat quietly on a bench, while Sam and Dean sat on the hood of the Impala talking.

Sheriff Barker said to Clark, on a stretcher being loaded into the ambulance, "You're gonna be okay. I'm right here. I'm right here. You're gonna be brave."

The ambulance door closed and Sam, Kennedy and Dean were almost alone again.

"How're the kids?" Dean asked.

"They're gonna be all right. I mean, angel radio sets their brains on fire, but other than that..."

"So apparently, they can take an angel blade to the heart and keep on tickin'."

"Yeah. I guess."

"Listen, I think we should take them back to the bunker with us. I know what you're gonna say-"

"-I agree."

Sam was surprised at his brother's answer. "W-what?"

"I agree."

"So you... changed your mind?"

"No. No, nothin's changed. They're still the Devil's kids. They're still evil. They still brainwashed Kelly and Cas. And even if they haven't gone Big Bad yet, they will."

"You don't know that."

"Yeah, I do. 'Cause when have things ever gone right for us? So until I figure out a way to end them, we'll bring them home. At least there, the only people they can hurt are you and me."

The Impala pulled up to the cabin. Sam and Dean got out and went to the trunk to get what they needed to build a pyre, while Jack and Jayci got out.

"Hey... Hey, you, uh, you sure about this, Dean? I mean, it's -- it's Cas, you know? Maybe we can bring him back, like you said," Sam said.

"No, we can't," Dean replied.

"Chuck did -- Uh, God did. Remember that? So maybe, um, I don't know, maybe if we prayed to him or -- or..."

"You don't think I've tried that?"

Dean got out of the Impala and walked behind the Pirate Pete's restaurant, making sure he was alone and standing by the men's room door.

"Okay, Chuck... or God, or whatever. I need your help. See, you – you left us. You left us. You went off. You said... You said the earth would be fine because it had me... and it had Sam, but it's not, and we're not. We've lost everything." His voice broke. "And now you're gonna bring him back. Okay? You're gonna bring back Cas, you're gonna bring back Mom, you're gonna bring 'em all back. All of 'em. Even Crowley. 'Cause after everything that you've done, you owe us, you son of a bitch. So you get your ass down here and you make this right, right here and right now."

Dean waited for an answer, and when he didn't get one, he hung his head, then proceeded to destroy an innocent sign, bloodying his knuckles. "Please. Please help us."

He waited, and nothing else happened.

Dean exhaled shakily and returned to the car.

"God's not listening. He doesn't give a damn," Dean said.

Dean slammed the trunk and he walked away to begin building the pyre.

Inside the cabin, upstairs in the room where Kelly's body was laid on the bed beneath a sheet, Sam led Jack and Jayci in to say goodbye to their mother. Jack and Jayci touched Kelly's feet through the sheet.

Downstairs, Dean walked into the room where Castiel's body was laid out on a table beneath a sheet. He paused, taking in the sight, and his shoulders slumped. He could barely look at the sheets. He walked around the table, resigned, and lifted the sheet to see Castiel's face. He looked away, and covered Castiel again before pulling down a yellow curtain and tore it up the to bind Castiel's body in the sheet. He started at Castiel's feet, tying them together before stopping, taking a deep breath, and looking up at Castiel's body in resignation.

Later that night, out at the funeral pyre in the back yard, Dean sloshed gasoline over the pyre where Kelly and Castiel had been placed.

Sam turned to Jack and Jayci. "You wanna say anything?"

"I... What do you say?" Jack questioned.

"Right. Thank you. You say thank you. And you say you're sorry. You hope they're somewhere without, uh, sadness or pain. You hope they're somewhere better. You say goodbye."

Jayci looked at her mother's body. "I hope you're in a better place Mom, and that you're happy. Jack and I love you and we miss you a lot." She turned to Sam. "Was that good?"

Sam nodded. "That was great, Jayci."

Dean finished pouring the gasoline and joined Sam, Jayci and Jack, pulling out a lighter from his pocket. "Well, goodbye, Cas. Goodbye, Kelly. Goodbye, Crowley. Goodbye, Mom."

"Dean, we don't know if Mom-"

"Lucifer killed her the moment he realized we trapped his ass. He killed her. You know he did. She's gone. They're all gone."

Dean flicked his lighter open and lit it, throwing it at the pyre and watched it burn.

APOCALYPSE WORLD

Mary ran, looking over her shoulder, until she practically ran into Lucifer.

"Hey," Lucifer greeted, backhanding Mary, and she landed several feet away in the dust. "So you thought you could run away from me?"

Thunder sounded and Lucifer laughed. "Really? Really? You do know I can fly, right?"

"So what now? You kill me?" Mary asked.

"Sure." Lucifer flung Mary, nearly impaling her on a pointy bit of metal, then came up behind her. "Or maybe not. Maybe... Maybe I need you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1.2K 11
"There's a little bit of devil in her angel eyes." Supernatural Season 12+ Jack Kline COMPLETED 4/13/19 >> don't own nothing.
1.9K 63 52
Between the son of an archangel and an open portal to a different world, the Winchesters are in for more than they bargained for. Tragedy strikes an...
177K 4.9K 23
DEVIL IN ME| "human's make mistakes all the time, but the good ones don't run away from their problems, they deal with them". [SUPERNATURAL SEASON 1...
3.3K 197 44
Eventually all endings have to come to an end. Now that The Winchesters, Corinna, Castiel and Jack finally found out the truth of Chuck's doing, of h...