STARRY EYES ⎯ BRIDGERTON

By Paris_El10

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ STARRY EYES ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ [ You were there when I needed someone ] ❞ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥIn which... More

Starry Eyes
act. one
001. Thornharts
002. Tea Party
003. Girl Talk
004. Kiss Ass
006. Black Sheep
007. Sickness and in Health
008. Worst is yet to Come
009. No Matter What
010. New Addition
011. Grief
012. Recovery
013. One Thing After the Other
014. A Little Too Late
015. Time will Tell
act. two
016. Here we go...Again
017. Reunited
018. Deja Vu
019. Letters
020. Sneak Glances
021. May the best man Win
022. Secret Date
023. Gossip
024. Happiness is a Butterfly
025. The Vronskys
026. Revelation
027. Betrayed
028. No means No
029. Conflicted
030. Big Question
031. Ultimatum
032. Marriage
act. three
033. The calm before the Storm
034. Awkward Conversations
035. Set the Trap
036. Whose side are you on?

005. Decisions

6.4K 192 9
By Paris_El10

~Decisions~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Days went by after Daniel's visit and Athena was having bad luck with her suitors. By her father breathing down her ear, Athena didn't have much time with each boy. Francis was now more alert than ever, making sure they wouldn't make the same mistakes again. It was becoming a headache and she swore she was going to snap.

Seeing this, Rachel decided it was best to take the girls out and have a picnic. They haven't done that since they were kids and it was also a chance for the girls to leave their father's presence. But, Rachel also wanted to see where Athena's head was at. There wasn't much talk since the whole Daniel incident and she was afraid of Francis impacting her daughter's marriage.

The sun was shining bright as ever as the three Thornhart women took their spots. Everyone was out, enjoying the warm sun and possibly finding more suitors. It was a way for the town to not only help their kids find good partners but also spy on those around them.

"Athena, I know your father has been hard on you but don't let his judgemental views stop you from finding a good husband." Rachel advised the girl, placing a hand on her arm.

"Mother, I understand. It's just that I try so hard to find someone and father keeps pushing them away. It's like he doesn't want me to marry anyone." Athena admitted.

"He doesn't. He wants us to keep our last names." Persephone replied.

"Nonsense Persephone. Your father is just trying his best to find Athena a good husband so she wouldn't make the same mistakes other women make when finding one." But even Rachel knew it was a lie. Even though Francis did try to find Athena a good husband, he was also making it extremely difficult for the girl to actually find one.

"By kicking every single guy out. Please mother, that man only wants to keep Athena single as long as possible until he finally has to let her go and then it's my turn." Persephone stated. "But unlike Athena, I'm not going to let that man ruin my chances of finding a good husband."

Athena scoffed, turning towards her sister. "So you think I'm letting him?"

"Absolutely."

"You act like I have a choice in this."

"You need to stand up for yourself and tell him how you feel. He can't and should not control your love life." Persephone insisted.

"Girls, that's enough." Rachel didn't need the girls to argue, especially out in public. "Why don't we talk about this once we get home. I'm sure many people would love to hear how difficult it is for a Thornhart to find a suitor."

Rachel was right. Many people in town were jealous of the Thornharts. With their good looks, lots of money and power. Many people wanted to be them but many were waiting for their downfall. Nobody actually admitted to it, but the Thornharts knew.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, Lady Thornhart." Daniel announced, making the three women turn their heads towards him. "But I would like to speak to you."

"Speak of the Devil and he shall appear."Persephone mumbled, earning a glare from her sister.

Rachel cleared her throat. "I'm sorry Mister Miller but I don't think it's appropriate but I do apologize for my husband's comments. It was very unnecessary."

Daniel shook his head. "Don't worry Lady Thornhart. I understand I overstepped by coming into your home and pretending to be something I was not but I really want to say something."

"Very well, please take a seat." Rachel gestured to the seat next to Persephone across from Rachel.

Quickly, Daniel took a seat. "I first would like to apologize for everything. I don't believe Lord Thornhart is to blame for any of this."

"So you're not mad that he pretty much belittled you in front of all of us?" Persephone asked. Persephone was very confused, Francis had basically mopped the floor with him and he was ok with it?

"No. I do not blame him. If I was in his position I would have done the same thing. It was all my fault. I knew my chances with Athena were slim to none but I really do care about her." Daniel admitted, turning to look at Athena. "So much so that I would like to marry her."

Persephone choked on her own saliva, not believing what she was hearing. This man was delusional. After everything her father had said to him, why would he want to marry Athena? In what chance did he think Francis was going to let Athena marry him?

"Are you crazy?" Persephone practically shouted, earning looks from people around them.

"Persephone." Athena hissed, annoyed at her sister bringing them attention.

"Persephone, what don't you go on for a walk while we speak about this matter." Rachel calmly spoke, gesturing to Persephone to go.

"You're not seriously thinking—"

"Persephone, please." Rachel insisted. "Just go, I'll handle this."

With a huff, Persephone got up, walking away from the trio. She couldn't believe what was happening. Were they desperate enough to actually consider Daniel as Athena's husband even after Francis laughed in his face?

"I knew I heard your voice." Naomi spoke as she walked towards her best friend. Just like the Thornharts, the Everfalls were outside having a picnic as well.

"You will not believe what is happening." Persephone could always share her secrets with Naomi. Out of the three girls, Naomi and Persephone were always the closest.

Naomi raised her brows, leaning towards her. "Spill."

"Not here." Persephone looked around. "There's too many people here. Let's go for a walk."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Come on Persephone, we have been walking for ages and you haven't told me anything." Naomi abruptly stopped, making Persephone stop as well. They were practically away from everyone.

"Fine. You know how Athena made her debut for the social season?" Persephone began. Naomi nodded her head already knowing this piece of information. "Well, during one of the events she had met with this man named Daniel Miller. She practically fell in love with him right then and there but the problem was, she didn't know him."

"His name doesn't ring a bell." Naomi shook her head.

"Exactly. We then finally meet the infamous Daniel and come to find out he works in the mills."

Naomi gasped, not believing what she was hearing. "Wait. So how was he able to get into the social season?"

This was a good question. The social season wasn't for everyone and it was rare to see someone who wasn't of royal status be in one.

Persephone shrugged. "I honestly don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if he has connections."

"What did Francis do?"

"He practically degraded him and laughed in his face. But that's not all." Persephone continued. "Today, he shows up and asks for my sister's hand in marriage."

"What!" Naomi shrieked. "After everything Francis said, why would he think he would have the opportunity to marry Athena?"

"That's exactly what I was thinking. But my mother and sister brushed me off and practically forced me to leave their conversation."

"Well, from what you're telling me it seems as though he is using this as an opportunity." Naomi suggested as the two continued walking. "Why else would he want to marry Athena?"

Naomi had a point. Why else would Daniel come asking for her sister's hand in marriage when her father had practically kicked him out of their house. He was just a man who had the chance of becoming higher status and what better way to get that status than by the Thornharts.

"I don't think Francis would allow that." Persephone shook her head. She was almost sure her father would forbid Athena from marrying a guy like Daniel.

Naomi shrugged. "Daniel seems like a very persuasive man. I'm sure he knows a way to get Francis to agree with this marriage. But either way it sucks that he's using your sister."

"And Athena is too much of an airhead to see what's going on." Persephone loved her sister with all her heart but she knew Athena. She knew Athena would agree to marrying Daniel even if her life changes into a complete 180.

"Hey." Naomi grabbed Persephone's arm, making her stop and face her. "I'm sure you can persuade your sister not to marry him. From what you've told me, all that man wants is to have a title."

Persephone sighed. "It's not that simple. Once Athena wants something, she gets it no matter what."

Persephone knew this because they were alike. Athena always wanted things her way, it was either her way or no way. Persephone was just the same. She wouldn't let anyone stop her from getting what she wanted and she knew it would be tricky to stop Athena from making that mistake.

"I'm sure you'll find a way."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Rachel was nervous. After her talk with Daniel, she decided this was a topic that had to be shared with her husband. She couldn't make the decision herself. Rachel knew Francis would not approve of Daniel marrying Athena but Daniel had to hear it from him as well. Which was why Rachel had invited Daniel back to the Thornhart manion to speak to Francis and by the look on Francis' face, she was starting to regret inviting Daniel over.

"What are you doing in my house?" Francis demanded, not bother to greet the man in front of him.

"Why don't you girls go up to your rooms?" It was more of a demand than a question but the girls quietly walked up the stairs while the others stayed downstairs.

"I thought I made it clear I didn't want you around here and I would hate to repeat myself." Francis was annoyed. He had let Daniel slide the first time but now, he was aggravated.

"Lord Thornhart, I do understand everything and you have made it very clear you want me out of your lives but I fell in love with your daughter."

Francis scoffed. "You fell in love with Athena or with her money?"

"No Lord Thornhart. I always admired you and getting to meet you was a dream come true but ever since I met Athena, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I wanted to ask for her hand in marriage."

"You're not marrying my daughter." Francis had made it very clear to him before but it seemed as though Daniel needed the reminder.

"I'll do whatever it takes to marry her, Lord Thornhart. I really care about her and I would never do anything to harm her." Daniel was persistent. He knew this was his chance to woo Francis Thornhart.

"Daniel, what part of you are not marrying my daughter don't you understand? You are a miller. You are not going to bring my daughter down to the working class just because you love her and how can you love her when you've only met in just a few days?" Francis didn't understand what was going on. He didn't understand how Daniel could be so in love with Athena when they haven't properly met.

"It was love at first sight."

Francis scoffed. He had never believed in love at first sight. When he had met Rachel for the first time, he was attracted to her physically. She was a beautiful woman and the more time Francis got to spend with Rachel, the more he grew to love more than just her physical form. But that takes time and he was sure Daniel wasn't in love with Athena as he says he is.

"Lord Thornhart, I have a proposition for you." Daniel gulped, looking at Francis Thornhart in the eye. "If you approve of my marriage to Athena, I'll change my last name to Thornhart instead."

With this new information, Francis grew intrigued. "Why would you change your last name?"

"We all know you were destined to have daughters but as men, we always want to have a son to carry our legacy and most importantly, our last name." Daniel began, walking closer to Francis. "I marry Athena, I'll change my last name to yours so that way your last name can continue on. Your grandkids would not be Millers but Thornharts."

"Can you even do that?" Rachel was confused. She had never heard of a man changing his last name.

"Yes, you can." Francis was thinking long and hard. This was his chance to keep his last name to continue even for just another generation. 

"Think about it, Lord Thornhart." Daniel knew he had Francis right where he wanted him. "My family is filled with boys. I'm the oldest of three, I'm sure Athena and I can have boys of our own."

As Rachel was listening in, she couldn't help but grow uneasy. How far was Daniel going to go for this marriage to follow through? Was Francis going to give up his daughter just to have the chance to keep their last name to continue on? She didn't like this one bit.

"What do you say Lord Thornhart? This is my last proposition for you and if you disagree I walk out of your lives forever." Daniel slightly smirked. "I'm sure Athena would find a noble man but she won't find a man who would willingly change his last name for her."

Daniel had placed his cards in front of Francis. He knew Francis always wanted a son but never got one. This was his chance to get what he really wanted, there was only a matter of time before Francis decides on what he really wants. To become selfish or selfless.

"You got yourself a deal then."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

! Author's Note !

─◌✰್ Looks like Daniel got exactly what he wanted but would it last?

─◌✰್ I honestly want to jump straight into act II but I must be patient. I know you guys really want to see Persephone and James but we must wait.

─◌✰್ Thank you all for reading. Enjoy♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 5.9K 24
| | The only happiness that matters are my sisters and brothers...I don't care ab...
957K 28.3K 65
metanoia /ˌmɛtəˈnɔɪə/ noun change in one's way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion. In which the passionate Bridgerton sister...
78.9K 2.3K 9
{CURRENTLY REWRITING} ▬▬ GUNS AND ROSES. ❝ people do understand the language of the heart, you know, even if the head does not always comprehend it...
31.8K 1.2K 25
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥𝐁𝐄𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜 | 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 ❝Naomi Sharma is it?❞