No One Else Like You

By camrenruinedmylife

(Book 3/3 of Club Echo) A path she didn't think she would ever take, Y/N is tested yet again with the trials... More

exile
Oceans
Cherry
Space Song
Grow As We Go
Little Things
Lights Are On
Something About You
Infinity
Sparks
Here with Me
Where Have You Been
The Way You Look At Me
Turning Page
Pretty Boy
When I Look At You
Every Kind Of Way
Watercolor Eyes
I Like Me Better
So High
Video Games
All Too Well
A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant To Be
When She Loved Me
Love Affair
Enchanted
The Moon Song
Happier Than Ever
Lost
Sorry
Photograph
Heart Like Yours
I Won't Give Up
Until I Found You
Dance with Me
Beginning Middle End
Nothing
Doin' Time
Haunted
Revenge, And a Little More
Pray
Hold Her While You Can
red love
Iris
Can't Help Falling in Love

j's lullaby

4.4K 214 468
By camrenruinedmylife

"Darlin', I'd wait for you even if you didn't ask me to."

- Delaney Bailey (j's lullaby, 2022)

__________

Lizzie's POV

I tap my foot, waiting for the popcorn to get done. It's been three weeks since we got back from Italy, and everything's been good ever since. I jumped a little when I felt Y/N's arms encasing around my waist as she planted a few soft kisses all over my face. My heart smiled at the contact, and it feels as though I'm on cloud nine.

"Are you almost done here? I miss you already."

"Just one more minute, darling." I spun around to face her. "I don't know how I feel about you leaving tomorrow." I pouted as I ran my fingers through her soft hair.

"I know, baby, but I'll only be gone for a week." She caressed my face. "I'll be back before you know it."

I nodded with a smile before I pulled her in for a kiss. I'd never get tired of kissing her, and how heartstopping it feels every second.

"As much as I would like to continue, we should probably head back." Y/N groans as the beeping sound of the microwave indicates the popcorn is done. "Maya's probably looking for us."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the biggest bowl I could find. I let the bag air out before pouring all of its content out. Y/N offered to help by carrying some of the snacks back to the living room.

"Finally, you guys are back with the snacks." Maya acknowledged as she grabbed a handful of popcorn and popped it into her mouth. "I couldn't wait any longer, so I kept the movie playing."

"Traitor." Y/N huffed, plopping in between us. "What'd I miss?"

"Well, uh, they tried tricking the guy into leaving the airport, but he.." Her voice echoed as I admired the two being so into the movie.

I couldn't make out what they're saying anymore so that I could understand the movie. A picture perfect moment that made my heart feel content and at peace. If I could, I would stop this moment. Right here, right now. I didn't want it to end. It nearly brought me to tears because I'm looking at the two most important people in my life. There's nowhere I rather be than by their side.

Toward the end of the night, after Y/N had tucked in Maya for bed, we laid a blanket in my backyard to watch the stars. It's rare to find so much in LA because the air is highly polluted, but tonight was different. I'm glad that it is considering that we won't be watching the stars for a while. It may only be a week but being so far apart from someone you love, a week could feel a lifetime.

"Are you ever going to tell me what you and my mom talked about at the restaurant?"

I looked up at her with a smile on my face, "Nope. It's a secret. You'll find out soon. Just hurry back from your NYC trip and come back to me safely."

She kissed my lips, making my heart blush, "I will. I promise."

We spent the rest of night looking up at the stars, and knowing that we'll always be there for each other. No matter what happens from here on out.

———

I slowly fluttered my eyes open as I woke up. I pivoted from the other side of the bed, expecting to find her next to me, but my heart sank when I felt nothing but the emptiness of it. My eyes quickly darted at the wall clock, telling me that it's eight in the morning. There's no way she left already.

I got up from bed, and checked the closet only to find that her luggage was no longer there, and some of her clothes were gone. I rushed downstairs, hoping to see her in the living room but she wasn't there. Just as I was about to go outside, faint voices from the kitchen stopped me from doing so. Relief washes over me when I found Y/N and Maya in the kitchen. I watched as she made the little one breakfast, giving her more pancakes.

"Oh, look who finally decided to join us." Y/N declared. "What do you want to drink, my love? Coffee? Orange juice? Or water?"

I took a seat right next to Maya, "Orange juice, please."

"Coming right up, princess." She kissed my forehead.

"How'd you sleep, mom?"

"It was fine. What about you?"

"It was okay."

"Here's breakfast and orange juice for you. Enjoy." Y/N ruffled my hair, making me scrunch my nose.

"Thank you, darling." I smiled. "You know, I thought you left already."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I woke up and you weren't there. And none of your stuff was in the closet."

"You know, I wouldn't leave without saying anything." Y/N chuckled. "And plus, you're my ride to the airport, so I don't really have much of a choice, do I?"

"You could've taken an uber." I retorted.

"Okay, point taken."

Maya laughs, "Mom always wins the argument. I have a word for that."

"And what's that, little bear?"

"A simp."

Y/N huffed as she pulled me flushed against her body, "Can you blame me? I just love your mom so so much." She swarms me with kisses.

"You guys are so cute. I'm doing my job well." Maya says proudly.

"And what is that exactly, little one?"

"Making sure you guys stay happy together. A key, if you will. I'd like to think I'm doing a pretty good job."

"Indeed you are, sweetheart."

"Yay!" Maya pulled us in for a hug. We smiled and laughed together as we stayed within the embrace that warmed our hearts.

———

"Is it selfish of me to want you to stay?" I muttered quietly as we stood outside the terminal of the airport. "You haven't even left and I already miss you."

Y/N smiled, "No, it's not. Listen, my love, I'll be back before you know it. One full week in NYC will fly by."

"I sure hope so." I nodded within her embrace. "Just be safe, okay? Promise me that."

"I promise."

"Alright, I should let you go before I start crying and you'll end up missing your flight." I gave her one last hug and kiss. "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you, Lizzie." Her eyes smiled at mine. "I'll see you in a minute." And just like that, I'm watching her leave.

It's only been ten minutes since she left, and it feels like a lifetime. Here I am, driving away from the airport, my gaze quickly taking a peek at where she was right next to me. My heart feels empty without her around, and I sure do hope that the next following seven days will go by rather quickly.

———

The next couple of hours consisted of doing chores and dropping Maya off to school. Afterwards, follows me driving to my parents' house to help my mom with some gardening. When I arrived, we jumped right into it. Gardening is very therapeutic. It made me feel better. I didn't think about her leaving and being gone for a week as much even though it hasn't been that long since she left.

My family kept me busy. I think they knew I would be overthinking about Y/N's departure, so they had me doing the things I enjoy doing. Before I could go back outside to help, my phone began to buzz. A smile spread across my face when her name invaded the screen of my phone. I answer the facetime call.

L- Hey, darling. Did you just land?

Y/N- I did like fifteen minutes ago. I just got to my room. Barely settling in. What are you up to?

L- Gardening stuff with my mom. I miss you so much.

Y/N- Me too. I wish you were here with me.

L- Since I'm not around to remind you and actually enforce it, please don't skip your meals and take your medicine.

Y/N- Will do! Listen, my love, I have to go, so I'll talk to you later, yeah?

L- Alright. Have a safe trip out there. I love you.

Y/N- I love you!

I never knew hanging up a call from someone you love could feel so heavy. It feels as though a part of me is missing. I wish I could talk to her all day. I know I won't get tired of it.

———

The next following days were tough. Even though we consistently talked on the phone every chance we got, it wasn't the same. Our home isn't as lively without her around, and I would constantly find myself looking at the door, hoping to see her burst right out of it. And at night, that's when it hits me the hardest. I miss her body so close to me, and the way I would fall asleep to the sound of her heart beating.

"Hey, lil sis." MK said out of nowhere, making me jump. "Missing, Y/N? I can't blame you. I miss her too."

I put the last remaining soil into the plant before responding, "Yeah, I do. We haven't talked all day. I'm not mad or anything, I just miss her so much. It's weird not having her around."

"I know, but on the bright side, she'll be back in a couple of days. And when she does, you guys can go back to your sappy couple stuff you guys do." MK faked gagged.

"I hate yo—" My phone buzzed into my pocket. Without hesitation, I pulled it out, and a smile immediately withdrew across my face.

L- Hey, darl—

MK snatches the phone out of my hand.

MK- About time you called. You got two Olsens missing you. Also, why haven't you called my phone? Do you hate me or something?

Y/N- You're right. That's my fault. I'm sorry. But, how are you? How are you guys?

MK- Lizzie's been a downer all day because you haven't called her. Here, talk to her. And please, no phone sex. I'm around.

I rolled my eyes at MK before taking the phone back into my hands.

L- Ignore her. Are you just getting back from a meeting?

Y/N laid flat on her bed, looking exhausted.

Y/N- Yep. That five hour meeting was so boring. But, fortunately, it ended on a great note.

L- That's great!

Y/N- It is. I finally got an investor to sign a six year contract. He's not as big as the Everglades, but I have to start somewhere you know?

L- I'm really happy for you, darling. I wish I was with you or we were together so we could celebrate.

Y/N- Yeah, me too. I miss you so much, my love.

L- I miss you more

Y/N- Nooooo I miss you more

L- No I miss yo—

"Okay, for the love of god, please don't be that couple." MK groaned as she covered her ears. "Making me cringe over here." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

L- Anyway, before we were rudely interrupted, have you had anything to eat?

Y/N- I had a sandwich earlier but that's about it. I was going to eat more, but I'm so tired. I have another meeting in a couple of hours and another one with the Everglades.

L- I can tell. Listen, baby, I'm gonna let you go and get some rest, okay? We'll talk later tonight.

Y/N- Mkay, I love you.

L- I love you, darling.

"There's that face again." MK points out. "Don't be such a downer. You'll see your future wife again."

"I know, I'm just.. I wish I was there to make her feel better. She looked so exhausted."

"Make it up to her when she gets back." She told me. "But, anyway, are you excited? You have it all planned out right? The proposal?"

The thought of it makes me happy, "Yes, I do. I'm planning on doing it after Maya's party. It's her day and I don't really want to take that away from her."

"I don't think she's going to care so much. I think she'll be ecstatic with the idea if you do it during her party."

"I know, but I feel like it's better anyway. She won't see it coming."

"I don't think she'll see it coming regardless." MK states. "The party's, what? Two weeks from now? Or less? I don't think she'll suspect anything."

"Yeah, you're right." I took a breather as I took the ring out of my left pocket. "I can't wait to ask her so we could finally start the future we both deserve."

"I can say the same." MK huffed. "You guys' relationship is like, what? Seven years or eight years in the making? I can't believe it's been that long and you guys aren't married yet. Well, you could've been if you— but anyway, it'll work out this time around. I just know it."

"I hope so."

———

I stood up from my seat, and greeted Scarlett with a quick hug as she took a seat in front of me, "I feel like it's been forever since the last time we had lunch together."

"It has been, but I'm glad that we could finally do this." I muttered with a smile as we both picked up a menu and scanned for something to eat.

"So, how's the long distance going?"

"It's been tough, but it's not too bad. She gets back in a couple of days, which is good."

"That's good. And please, tell Y/N to have lunch with me or dinner when she gets back because I miss her."

"You and me both." We laugh in unison. Through the corner of my eye, I see a miniature stage. In the middle stands a guitar and a stool. And that's when my mind and heart thought of her once more. "I'm proposing to her two weeks from now. After Maya's birthday party."

"Oh my god, really? Are you serious?"

"Yes, I am. More serious than I've ever been." I smiled, a single tear escaped my eye. "I don't want to wait anymore. I feel like we've already done enough of that."

I pulled the ring out of my pocket, showing it to her, "Oh my god, Liz, this is so beautiful. She'll love it."

My gaze bounced in between the stage and the ring. It nearly brought me to tears. The thought of it all. The proposal, and the start of our future together. I have never felt something so real before. What was once confusing to me, I now understood. It's her. It's always been her.

———

I didn't know where my mind led until I stood in front of it. My feet touched the wet sand as I'm slowly walking to our spot. I've heard about it, but not once I can remember, but it breaks my heart knowing this was where she was going to propose to me if I had shown up that night. Four years wouldn't have gone to waste. That's when the flashes came. It was vague nor could I even understand them. But, I see her. I see us. At this very beach.

"You gotta be quicker than that, green eyes." Y/N shouted from afar as she shuffled backwards further into the beach, away from me.

"You're mine one way or another." I returned as I began to run toward her.

My heart glowed at the memory. I placed my palm against my chest, feeling so much at this very moment. I looked at her with adoration in my eyes, and that's when I knew that even at the beginning, I loved her then. I couldn't see myself with anyone else. It was a mistake that I tried to convince myself that I loved Robbie when I didn't. Because, at the end of the day, Y/N has my whole heart. She always does.

———

Y/N's POV

I couldn't wait to leave New York. Today is my last day, and after being in and out of meetings for the most part of it all, it made me want to leave more. I was the first to leave. I have a few more for the day, but I needed the extra time to go back to the apartment I'm currently staying at to get some rest. So, here I am, inside of my car, driving back, but in the process, I decided to give Lizzie a call. She answered almost immediately.

L- Hey, darling. I was just thinking about you.

Y/N- So am I. Are you busy?

L- No, what's up?

Y/N- Oh, nothing I just wanted to call you for a bit. And I also want to tell you that I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

L- Me too. I'm excited to finally be able to hug and kiss you. It's not the same without you around.

Y/N- I hate being away from you. I don't think I've ever missed a person so much before.

L- I'm glad that it's over and you'll be back in my arms in no time. I can't wait to pick you up from the airport.

Y/N- I'm looking forward to it.

L- I hate to cut this short, but my dad is calling me downstairs. We'll talk again later tonight?

Y/N- Of course.

L- And, Y/N?

Y/N- Yeah?

L- There's no one else like you

Y/N- There's no one else like you, Olsen.

I smiled as I hung up the phone. I couldn't stop thinking about the feeling. She gives me a sense of excitement all over my body, and I want nothing more than to return the favor and more. But, the mindless thinking has led the car to skid off the side of the road in an attempt to avoid what seems to be roadkill. Fortunately, the worst didn't happen.

I don't remember how long I sat inside my car, fear plastered across my face. I held on to the steering wheel, feeling like my soul just left my body. I thought a lot about everything, but mostly, Lizzie. If I had gotten into an accident, and I didn't make it, I would've left her again. And the thought alone was heart wrenching. It took me a second to move any of my limbs, and when I did, I pulled out my phone to call someone.

R- Hey, I wasn't expecting a call from y—

Y/N- I'm proposing to Lizzie next week. I can't prolong this any longer. I almost died, and I just— the longer I wait, the less time we have for our future together.

———
A/N: I don't know how I feel about this chapter. But, hopefully it didn't suck as bad as I know they did. Anyway, next chapter is an interesting one so y'all might need to hold on to something 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 165 17
Savannah, 25, lives in LA by herself and sadly, just got her first real taste of heartbreak. She can't decide whether to completely give up on love o...
500K 18K 51
(Book 2/3 of Club Echo) 3 years later, Y/N finds herself back in LA for a job opportunity she can't avoid. What happens when Y/N is left with no choi...
1.1K 56 18
Book 3 of the "In The End" trilogy. Now cancer free, Emberly hopes the worst is behind her. After a year of being in a medically induced coma, she's...
9.5K 590 17
When Ellie and Lizzie meet in Los Angeles, unfortunate circumstances keep them apart. But, when they cross paths again a year later in New York City...