"Your Majesty" | Bucky x Read...

By _Anuska_

A short story with rather long chapters in which you joined the Avengers and caught the attention of a certai... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

744 16 16
By _Anuska_

After everyone ate lunch they gave you permission to take off the costume and Peter wanted you to play ball with him in the pool. Even if you didn't really have a choice you actually wanted to play with him so you changed into a bikini and headed downstairs. Thor wanted to play too so you were all in the water throwing the ball. Of course, you were the middle player supposed to catch the ball which was not so easy considering that you were smaller than them. The water reached almost to your shoulders compared to everyone else whose upper body, above their belly, was out of the water.

"What's wrong lady (Y/n)? Not able to catch the ball?", Thor said laughing while holding the ball above his head. "It's not fair. I can barely reach the floor with my feet so I can't really jump up", you said protesting and lightly pushing and punching Thor while trying to reach the ball.

"The Falcon is here to safe the day, how may I assist you?", Sam said walking in with Bucky. Thor picked you up over his shoulder like you were a bag of potatoes. You laughed looking at them while saying: "What are you two doing here?" "Bucky kept annoying me that he wants to see you.", he said smiling and moving away from the edge of the pool to not get thrown in. "I see", you said looking at Bucky who glanced at Sam angrily. "And what are you guys doing?", Sam asked pointing at Thor holding you. "Ah lady (Y/n/) is too short to play ball with us", Thor said chuckling and you gave him a little punch, but he suddenly took you by the waist and threw you up so you landed in the water. You swam to the edge pulling yourself up and sitting down with your feet dangling in the water while you brushed your hair out of your face.

"I could use a little help", you said smiling at the two of them. Sam sat down beside you while Bucky jumped perfectly head first into the water. When he came up again he brushed his hair to the back and looked at you and you started clapping as if you were cheering for him which made him smile.

"So Bucky huh?", Sam said grinning at you. "Is it that obvious?", you asked. "No, but he told us about what happened.", he said laughing. "Wait, he did?", you said starting to smile and your eyes opened wide from surprise. "What did he say?", you quickly asked and looked at him with anticipation. "Why don't you ask him yourself.", he said with a sweet smile. Your expression changed from excited to annoyed. You smiled at him before putting your arm around him and jumping in the water, pulling him with you. You quickly sat back up again so he wouldn't try to drown you as payback. "Really?", he asked looking up at you. You stuck your tongue out laughing at him. Then you saw Peter crawling on top of Thor's shoulders and walking towards you.

Peter looked at you and went into a fighting stance with one of his hands pointing at you to fight him. "Come on (Y/n) or are you scared?", Thor said challenging you. You looked at Sam and Bucky who were standing in front of you. "Without me", Sam said while exiting the pool and walking out of sight probably to go to Steve.

Your eyes glaced at Bucky who smiled an shook his head before walking towards you, turning around and going down a little so you could easily sit on his shoulders. You sat down instantly feeling butterflies appear in your stomach. His hands found their place on your thighs and the touch of his metal arm left tingles on your skin.
He stood up making you tilt back a bit, but you soon found your balance. "Ready?", he asked. "Ready", you answered and he began walking towards Peter and Thor. "You are going down", you said to Peter and smirked, while observing him. "I doubt that", he said, positioning his arms, ready to grab you. You tried pushing him but he didn't move an inch. "Shit", you said knowing this was not going to be so easy.

You two grabbed each others arms and pushed back and forth and then you saw your chance and you poked him in the side, knowing that he is ticklish. While he started giggling you pushed him, making him and Thor fall back. "Yes!", you screamed, celebrating your victory. Bucky held up his hands and screamed "Yesss!" together with you.

Thor looked angrily at Peter who slowly exited the pool while holding his hands in front of him and saying: "Listen Thor I never said I was good.", chuckling but his smile soon faded when he saw Thor also exiting the pool. "In Asgard, I always win and you know how much I dislike losing.", he said walking slowly towards him before he started to run. Peter screamed running away from him while shouting "Mr. Stark? Stark!" You chuckled not paying attention to Bucky turning around so you lost your balance and fell backwards into the water.

You came back up and swam to the edge and when you turned around Bucky was standing in front of you. His hands wrapped around your waist, picking you up and letting you sit down on the edge of the pool. You leaned on your arms waiting for him to say something. "Was your majesty pleased with my services?", he asked leaning forward. "Very", you said smiling at him while also moving towards him. "I demand a reward.", he said, tapping his finger on his cheek while tilting his head to the side. You grabbed his face and pressed a kiss onto his lips before standing up and leaving him surprised and flustered in the pool.

            ━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

"You should've seen his face!", you told Nat that evening when you were painting your nails in her room. "It looked something like this.", you said trying to mimic his face. She looked at you and smiled before continuing to paint her nails. "Wow you really fell in love with him, didn't you.", Nat commented making you suddenly start to think. She noticed you went silent so she looked up at your face to see a worried expression. "What's wrong (Y/n)?", she said putting the nail polish down to give you all her attention. "I don't know I guess I'm just scared of this feeling. It's just so new and... I'm afraid I will get hurt or- or he will expect too much from me.", you explained looking at her. "I'm not really the intimate type of person and what if I can't give him what he wants."

"Babe no. Look, we are talking about Bucky. He would never hurt you and I'm sure he will understand that you just need more time. He off all people knows how it feels like to slowly start to get used to something new.", she said holding your hands with hers. "You'er right Nat, now that I'm thinking about it.", you said smiling thankfully at her before hugging her tightly. "Thank you, Nat", you whisperer saying: "You really are my best friend, you know that right?", before moving back and looking at her again. "Aww, I know and you are mine.", she said blushing a little. "Now let's finish these nails. We've been talking for hours already.", she said looking at the clock and suddenly realizing: "Oh my god it's already midnight, we better hurry, Steve wants us all in the gym tomorrow at 8.", she said rolling her eyes.

You helped her finish her nails since you had already done yours before you hugged her good night and left the room. You were walking on tippy toes trying to be as quiet as possible when you passed Bucky's room hearing noises. You walked closer and put your ear on his door hearing him talking and groaning. You opened the door and closed it behind you before walking to his bed. "Bucky? Are you okay?", you asked concerned, now standing beside his bed.

He was laying on it shifting and whispering "no" and "stop it", while his face was scrunched up in pain and his body was visibly tense. You softly touched his arm to try to wake him up while saying: "It's only a dream Bucky wake up." He suddenly jumped up and grabbed you by the neck with his metal arm. Even though the sudden movement scared you, you tried to stay calm knowing that fighting him will only make things worse.  "James? It's (Y/n) you're safe now. It was only a dream.", you said calmly, smiling at him. You saw his expression change from being confused to realising what was happening. He quickly let go of you and sat back down on the bed while holding his head in his hands. "I'm sorry...", he whispered looking at you now sitting beside him. "Did I-I... hurt you, oh my god!", he said looking at you before looking at his hands and whispering "I'm a monster".

You placed your hand on his arm and squeezed it a little. "James. Look at me.", you said turning his head with your other hand while stroking his cheek. "You are the most gentle and kind person I have ever met.", you said to him smiling. "James.", he said more to himself chuckling. "What?", you asked amused. "That's the first time I've heard you call me that. It's nice hearing it, since only Steve calls me that.", he said smiling. You stared at him for a while not moving your hand while he closed his eyes leaning against it. Then he opened them and moved forwards to lean his forehead against yours while holding you with his hands on your shoulders. He looked into your eyes before saying: "You make me feel so calm (Y/n). It's like all my worries are gone when I'm with you.", he said smiling at his confession and so did you.

"Can I tell you something?", he asked and you answered with a soft "mhm". "That time I fell asleep in your bed... It was one of the few times I didn't have any nightmares and I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night.", he said moving back and putting a hand on your cheek before brushing his thumb over your lips and gently placing his on yours. You closed your eyes fully sinking into his touch. He was kissing you softly and gently before he backed away and said: "I... I love you (Y/n)." Your eyes widened and a smile appeared on your face. "I love you too Bucky.", you responded and jumped towards him making him fall on his back while hugging him tightly.

He chuckled placing his arms gently around your waist. He kissed your forehead before you looked up at him. "Is your majesty satisfied?", he laughed. "Yes indeed", you answered closing your eyes and nodding. "Can I ask you something?", you asked. "Anything.", he answered while stroking your head gently. "When did you realize you were in love with me?", you asked looking at him. "That day I saw you in the kitchen when I drank your milk.", he responded with a grin before adding: "What about you?". You thought for a moment before saying: "The first time you called me Your Majesty", making both of you laugh.

- Being with someone is not bad after all.

Because that someone is him. -

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Thank you all for reading this rather short book. Writing this was truly exciting and entertaining and I'm glad, that I decided to share it with you. I hope, that this could give you the same joy it gave me while writing it. Thank you again and farewell. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3K 100
This book will contain one shots and short stories about your favorite metal armed soldier from the MCU. There will be fluff, angst, and everything i...
11.5K 205 47
Y/n Bucky fanfic Y/n is an avenger with her best friend nat. Y/n doesn't remember her past only nick fury finding her. Slowly she begins to find ou...
8.2K 155 33
James Bucky Barnes x OC AU / 18+ mature content We all know the story. Two star-crossed strangers are brought together by fate . They have secrets...
27.9K 349 30
Stories about Loki x Reader or Bucky x Reader. **SMUT WARNING** Requested by my friend uncleslumbago. Enjoy girlfriend!