I Was Hoping For A Quiet Life...

By upsettieatspaghetti

Isaac and Liam's father has been abusing them, physically and mentally, since their mothers death 10 years ag... More

New Beginnings
This is Going to be Good
Um... Nice to Meet You
Boy Talk
He's Not Gonna Believe This
New Friends... If That's What This Is?
This Complicates Things
Eyes Like The Water
Yeaahhh... Maybe That Wasn't A Great Idea
Maybe He Wont Notice...
Shit
What Changed?
Whatever it Takes
I Have An Idea
Nights With You Are Quiet
Get The Fuck Out
I Could Get Used To This
Far More Important Things
Just Breathe
I Can't Save Him On My Own
Let's Get The Hell Out
Like The Water
Warm
You Don't Have To
You Might Want to Change Your Shirt
Thank You
That Sound
I'll Try My Best
Universe
He Likes It
Realizations
Emotions Are Stupid
Sleep, Food, and The Truth
Talk, Kiss, or Closet-Make Out?
Fantastic Start
Pillowtalk
Eye of the Hurricane
Heartache and Hurricanes
Pluviophile
No More Sleepovers
Those Three Words
What is it Ruins Us?
Her Smile
Muffins
Winter Crocuses
Merry Fucking Christmas
December 26th, 2022
Happy Birthday
He Doesn't Know What's Coming
Hole In the Wall
You're Fucked

That Was Fun

281 10 0
By upsettieatspaghetti

Going back to school was rough at first. Liam had only been out for two days, but they were two days in the second week when everything really started. He had some homework and felt like he was already behind in some of his classes. There were also migraines. Melissa said they were a common side effect of concussions, and that they would go away, with time. Liam had to leave Bio, run out the back door, and sit in the bathroom with the lights off for 15 minutes. Even the smallest amount of light made his headache. He took an Excedrin and was fine a little while later. That had been the worst one.

Thankfully by Saturday, he had managed to finish up and understand all of his class assignments, and the migraines had become more of a constant pulse, ringing in his ears.

He found that his nightmares had gotten worse. Not really surprising after you go through, yet another, traumatic experience. These were different from the others. For the past year or so the dream had always been the same, painful, experience. However, now, when he closed his eyes, he saw the eyes of the man pointing a gun directly at his head. His eyes, a dark brown, were the man's eyes, but his face. In his face he saw his father, eyes no longer blue, but replaced with the only other person who had almost killed him. He didn't think the majority of people had more than one person on that list, or hopefully any at all. But here he was, waking up in a cold sweat, dreaming about his almost-murderers.

He felt strange looking around his room like something had changed.

But nothing was out of place, no one was around except Isaac, who he heard downstairs. Mumbling incoherent words to Scott. Liam had told him he could invite Scott over, but Isaac was insistent that it wasn't a big deal. Liam could tell by the way he nervously shifted when he spoke to him that he was incredibly nervous. He wanted to see Scott, but he really just wanted to be WITH Scott. In a way that would be really weird if anyone else were around.

Liam was able to make it through the next week of school with relative ease. He found that as long as he paid attention and asked questions periodically that his teachers really liked him. It was part of a 'plan' he had come up with pretty early on in his school career. As long as he was nice and did his work for the first two or three months, most teachers didn't care when you started turning in late work or going to the bathroom for long periods of time to take a break.

Liam sometimes fell into seasonal depression. Winters were hard on him. Usually it was because he was trapped in the house with his father, if there was a lot of snow or if it was too cold. He usually missed a lot of classes and homework in the winter, so his 'plan' made teachers more lenient.

The Saturday after the third week of school, Liam was home alone, Isaac and Scott had gone out. Liam was doing laundry when he heard a knock on the door. He left the basket in the laundry room and made his way to the front door. When he opened it he was met with a very happy looking Theo.

"Hey!" Liam greeted joyfully, "What are you doing here?"

Theo smiled, "I- um- my first day of school is Monday."

Liam smiled bigger than he had in a long time, "Oh my god! That's awesome!" He pulled Theo into a hug. Theo hesitated in surprise, his arms hovering over Liam's back before they settled comfortably around his shoulders. Liam relaxed his arms and stepped back, his face slightly flushed, "Uh, did you already take your placement tests?"

Theo smiled, "Yeah," He scratched the back of his neck, "I actually did pretty well."

"Really? That's great!" Liam was jumping slightly with excitement.

They made their way to the couch as they spoke.

"Yeah," Theo said sitting down, "I'm a little behind in everything, but with some extra work outside of school I should be alright. And, uh, I'm actually ahead in science."

"Are you serious? I mean, no offense, but how?" Liam asked, curious.

Theo shifted slightly, "The, uh, hunters they did a lot of experiments, discussed a lot of scientific terms and biology stuff, I guess a lot of it I just sort of memorized after a while."

"Oh," Liam's voice was sad, remorseful, "Well that's cool though."

"Yeah, they said they'd give me my schedule Monday morning. They also said I could have someone show me around, soooo, if you want an excuse to miss the first few minutes of first period..."

"Oh absolutely. 'Cause of the rotation I have gym first Monday, it sucks." Liam rolled his eyes.

"Well," Theo smirked, "They said they'd put me in a gym class so maybe we'll be together."

"Oh cool so you really can hit that kid with a basketball!" Liam said excitedly.

Theo laughed.

Scott and Isaac were sitting around a table at a restaurant. It wasn't fancy, just a casual local place with dim lighting and a bar on one side. They'd been there for only a few minutes when a waitress came over and took their orders. Scott watched as her eyes lingered on Isaac for maybe just a second too long. Thankfully she left before the quiet growl left the depth of his throat. Isaac's eyes shot up to him questioning, and surprised.

"You okay?" He chuckled a little.

Scott didn't answer, he was still glaring in the direction the girl had walked off in.

"Scooottttt," Isaac dragged out, leaning forward a little and reaching to hold Scott's hand.

Scott's eyes jumped to their hands and then up to his eyes.

"Sorry," He said, squeezing Isaac's hand.

Isaac smiled, "It's okay. Good to know you're a little possessive."

Scott pouted, "I am not!"

'It's okay," Isaac said, "It's kinda hot."

Scott flushed a deep red. He opened and closed his mouth, trying to figure out what response to make, but nothing would come out.

Isaac chuckled, leaning back just a little bit, hand still holding Scott's.

"So," Scott said, "How are you liking things around here? It's been a month."

Isaac smiled, "It's great," He said, "I really like it here. And it's like... we're finally living for ourselves, y'know?"

Scott smiled, "Not exactly, but I can imagine. I'm glad you like it here, I'd be a little sad if you didn't," Scott exaggerated a pout.

"Well don't worry, 'cause I really do enjoy it here. Liam does too. We haven't really talked about it in a while but it's really obvious he does. Plus with the whole Theo thing now..." Isaac raised his eyebrows, "I think he might actually just try and move in with one of you and have me leave by myself if I decided we had to go" He chuckled.

"Well he's always welcome at my house," Scott joked.

Isaac laughed, squeezing Scott's hand.

The waitress came back around and froze for just a second, before placing their drinks down on the table, as well as the onion ring they'd ordered. Scott watched as her eyes stayed glued to their joined hands on the table. She turned and darted away quickly.

Isaac was trying his hardest not to laugh, "Did you see her face?" He asked.

Scott smiled and nodded, and held his finger up to his mouth, indicating that Isaac should be quiet. He focused in on the waitress and the hostess she was speaking to.

"What do you mean? I thought you were gonna leave your number," The hostess said, "You said you wanted to get out there more."

"I can't, the two of them are together, like together together. Plus they're cute together, I'm not getting in the way of that." She shrugged and smiled.

Scott drew his attention back to Isaac.

"She was gonna give you her number," Scott smirked, sipping his drink.

Isaac chuckled, "well no one could compete with you," Isaac raised his eyebrows.

Scott rolled his eyes, blushing slightly, "yeah okay,"

When the food arrived Isaac found that it was actually really good, like REALLY good. They ate periodically talking about whatever. After dinner they agreed to split the check and made their way back to Scott's house.

Scott pulled Isaac through the front door, slamming the door and pushing Isaac back against the door. Pushing their lips together roughly and gripping the hem of his shirt in an attempt to lift it over his head. They pulled apart for a moment to breathe.

"Fuck," Isaac panted, "You sure your mom's not here?"

"Nope, texted her asking about dinner to make sure. She won't be back until around 5, 4 at the earliest. Plus Theo's with your brother."

Isaac paused, "What?"

"You didn't know? Theo went over there an hour or two ago, he texted me to let me know the house was empty."

"No I didn't know. God, what if they-"

"Nope, don't go there, you don't want your mind going there." Scott grabbed his face making him look at him. "Plus," He said, "We've got bigger problems."

Isaac raised an eyebrow as Scott's hand ran down his neck, his chest, his stomach, and rested at the button on his jeans.

"Yup, okay, let's go upstairs," he said quickly.

They both ran up the stairs and into Scott's bedroom.

Scott closed the door before Isaac pulled him into another kiss in the middle of the room. Isaac turned them slowly, and started taking small steps forward until Scotts legs hit the edge of the bed and he fell backwards. He sat up a little on his elbows as Isaac helped him pull his shirt off, then Isaac did the same.

"Fuck," Isaac said under his breath.

"Yes please," Scott panted, pulling Isaac down by his jeans so he fell on top of him. Isaac caught himself, holding himself above Scott with his forearms.

Eventually, their hands started to travel lower and lower. Isaac helped Scott out of his jeans and vice versa. Scott could hear the speed of Isaac's heart in his chest, and, if he couldn't already feel it, he could smell his arousal.

Isaac pulled back for a second, "You sure you want to do this?"

"Absolutely," Scott panted.

"Okay, just making sure." He kissed down Scott's chest, leaving marks periodically along his abs. Which, by the way, holy hell, Isaac thought. He paused right over his groin, looking up at Scott and smirking.

Scott and Isaac both laid next to each other on Scott's bed, panting and covered in a layer of sweat. Both VERY satisfied.

Scott rolled onto his stomach, wrapping his arm over Isaac's waist and resting his chin on his chest. "Well," Scott said smiling, "that was fun."

"Fun? All I get is 'fun'?" Isaac looked down at him, raising his eyebrows.

Scott chuckled, "Fine," Scott kissed him, "Very fun."

Isaac smiled, "Do you know what time it is?"

Scott looked over Isaac's shoulder at his alarm clock, "Ten thirty."

"Fuck, I don't wanna go home," Isaac whined.

Scott smiled, "Then don't."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Liam's sixteen, my mom doesn't care. Theo might come back but he won't care either."

"Okay. Okay I'll stay, but I'm gonna send Liam a text."

"Go for it," Scott rolled off the bed, "I'm gonna shower. You're welcome to join me when you're done."

Isaac didn't think he'd ever grabbed his phone faster. He hit send on his message and jumped out of the bed, running into the bathroom.

Isaac- stating wt sxotts

Liam looked down at his phone with his eyebrows raised, "Uh, do you know what this means?"

He showed the phone to Theo who was laying down on the couch with his legs up on the coffee table. Theo scanned the phone.

"Uh, I think he meant 'staying at Scotts' which also means I am NOT going back there. Is it cool if I crash here?" Theo asked.

"Of course," Liam said, "But I'm not really tired yet, you wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure. What movie?"

"How about... a Disney movie." Liam suggested.

"I, uh, haven't seen a lot of those..." Theo said.

"Oh... oh my god we should watch Moana!" Liam yelled.

"Moana?"

'Yeah, it's one of my favorites. I promise you'll love it." Liam reached for the remote.

Theo smiled, "Okay, whatever you say."

Liam put on the movie and went to grab chips from the kitchen.

They were sitting next to each other on the couch. Theo laughing at the jokes and nodding along with the music. He actually really liked the movie, he was so distracted he almost missed the way Liam swayed, his eyes lulling closed, and his head falling on Theo's shoulder. Theo stilled for a second before relaxing back into the couch.

He tried to bring his attention back to the movie, but every time he tried Liam would shift again, curling into Theo a little bit more.

Liam's head tilted forward slightly. His hair falling into his face. Theo reached up and brushed the hair out of his eyes.

He felt himself growing tired. He turned off the TV and slowly let his eyes fall closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 6.4K 11
A series of snap shots, starting in their Eighth Year, that defines Harry and Draco's relationship from the moment of waking. Trigger warning for se...
728K 15.8K 87
My all time OTP the gives me the feels and my never sinking ship Sterek [Stiles and Derek] from the best show ever Teen Wolf. Here are some of my all...
6.4K 229 27
WARNING: THIS IS A VAMPIRE/SOULMATE FANFICTION Caught in a sister feud and don't know how to get out. Luke, Michael and Ashton finally meet Calum-th...
8.8K 203 13
(This is an AU.) Everyone is born with initials on their right wrist. The initials of their soulmate. You might think, "But that could be so many dif...