THE RISK (+18)

By tachaspalace

I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I... More

Intro/Author Note
1| Mr. Hotshot
2| Different
3| Casual Attire
5| Best Boss Ever!
6| Complex History
7| Spontaneous Email
8| Payroll
9| Hurt
10| Word of Advice
11| Blurry
12| Slow Down
13| The Line
14| Burned
15| Deadbeat
16| Deadbeat II
17| Adjustment
18| Trouble
19| Taste 🔥
20| Time To Spare 🔥
Author Note/ Life Update
21| Former Best Friend 🔥
22| Free Will
23| Helpless
24| Bonds
25| Out for Blood
26| Chaotic Mess
27| The Results
28| Brother
29| A Blessing
30| Everything
31| Uncomfortable
32| Roles
33| Return 🔥
34| Simone POV (Black Paint)
35| The Funeral
36| Unhinged POV
37| Computer 303
38| Love of My Life
Epilogue 💕
Author Note 💕💕💕
New Book 😈

4| Femine Energy

5.8K 240 249
By tachaspalace

"Good morning." My assistant, Uris said as I entered the office.

He had on a white button-up shirt and black trousers. I towered over him. Uris is a very short and stumpy man. I'd be surprised if he reaches 5'3. He can be a bit erratic, but so far, I don't have any complaints.

As much as I didn't want to admit it, Briana was right. Having an assistant has helped me tremendously. Uris is a bright kid. He's good on his feet, great at multi-tasking, efficient, and organized. I made the decision to keep him around.

"Morning Uris." I nodded my head at him.

He handed me a file of documents that I had him retrieve last night. I can't get over just how reliable he is. I was the exact way his age. I can see him going far in life.

As I walked passed the break room, I spotted Farrah and Briana standing beside the coffee machine in a middle of a conversation. If I heard correctly, I'm pretty certain I heard Farrah invite Briana to a club.

I don't think Briana has ever been to a club a day in her life.

I stood by the doorway and discreetly watched Briana and Farrah. They have become close in the short time they have known each other. I like that Briana is finally making friends.

It's been a week since that dinner night. I do not like going to social outings like that, but as a boss, I think it's important to show face, but truthfully I wanted to see if Farrah was going to be there.

It's fair to say that I have developed a little "crush" on her. I know that I cannot act on it due to the fact that I am her boss, and I enforce a strict zero fraternization policy.

When I first launched my company, I had two co-workers that began dating, and it ended terribly. Sammy and Mike were a cute duo at first, then the toxicity of their relationship unraveled, and it became a total shit show. I had no choice but to fire both of them. I never want to deal with that immature drama ever again.

"Hey, Barron." Briana smiled at me.

Farrah took a sip of her coffee and gave me a vibrant smile.

Every time I see her, I cannot keep my eyes off her. Her hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail, and she wore a lavender-colored blouse and white dress pants that flared out.

"Good morning ladies." I nodded my head at them.

"Morning Barron." Farrah smiled at me.

Her long eyelashes batted, and her smile just warmed up the entire room. I felt a rumbling in my chest. Her beauty is out of this world.

When I walked into my office I found my best friend Andy sitting at my desk snacking on the popcorn I have stashed in a compartment in my desk.

I haven't seen or talked to him in a few weeks. He's been in Japan working at a high-end restaurant. As happy as I was to see him, I was not in the mood for his outlandish personality.

"Andy, get out of my office!" I frowned before shutting the door behind me.

"Is that how you speak to your best friend after not seeing him for a month? Barron, I'm hurt." He said as he placed his hand on his chest.

I leaned against the wall and let out a deep sigh. I was exhausted.

"What type of trouble did you get yourself into while you were gone," I said, and Andy's face lit up. "Well, I did a lot of strippers and blow." He winked.

I've been friends with Andy for a few years now, and I still don't get his personality. Like myself, he doesn't drink, he doesn't do drugs, and he most certainly does not have random sex with random strippers. He just says stuff just to say it.

"I have some very important news to share with you." He said with a serious expression that appeared to not look natural on his face.

I rolled my eyes. Andy also happens to be one the nosiest motherfuckers I have ever met.

"I don't care, Andy," I said truthfully as I placed my briefcase on my desk. "It's about Briana."He said seriously, catching my attention.

Briana is like a sister to both of us, well mostly me. Andy knows to tread lightly around me when it comes to her.

"I stopped by her apartment last night to bring her some candy I bought in Japan, and I saw her kissing some guy in the parking lot." He said rubbing his hands together with an aggravated scowl on his face.

I folded my arms over my chest and nodded my head. That could explain why she's been so happy lately. She's dating someone new. I'm happy for her, but I could not help but wonder why she has not told me yet.

"That is none of our business," I said to Andy making sure to not reveal any emotion on my face. "None of our business," Andy said angrily. "Yes, it's none of our business." I reiterated. "You know she is impressionable."

I rolled my eyes. "She's an adult. I think she's fine." I chuckled.

Andy stood up from my chair and walked out of the office visibly upset.

Andy has had this huge crush on Briana for quite some time. He's never said anything, but it's obvious.

I made a mental note to check in on him later. As soon as I powered my laptop there was a knock on my door. When I looked up I saw Farrah standing in my doorway. She was holding a blue folder.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt you but I have some documents I need you to sign." She stated as she made her way over to my desk.

She placed the folder in front of me, and I flipped through the documents. I quickly signed them and handed the folder back to Farrah.

"Thank you." "You're welcome." I smiled.

Farrah turned on her heel and walked out of my office. I never do this, but my eyes were on her ass as she was walking out. She fit those white pants perfectly. I had so many thoughts rush through my mind. She is very attractive and she has the power to light up the room. I honestly don't think she has a clue just how appealing she is.

She is going to be a problem.

I remained in my office for the rest of the day. It was pretty uneventful. I got in contacts with old investors that dropped out of my company in the beginning. Now that my business is up and booming I've received daily phone calls on restoring our business relationship. Call me petty but that was not going to happen. If they didn't see my vision when I was $10,000 in debt and just starting, they don't deserve me now.

By the time I was packing up my stuff, the sun had already set and most of the staff had already gone home.

"Hey, Briana," I said poking my head into her office. She was in the middle of coding the new software.

"Can I talk to you for a second," I walked to her desk?

She looked up and glared at me. "Sure what is it?" "Andy stopped by today." "Really? When? I miss him. Why didn't he tell me he came back from Japan." She scrunched up her face. "I don't know." I lied. "Why didn't he even say hi? Is he mad at me or something?" She pouted. Briana is very close with Andy so I can see why she's upset.

He's madly in love with you, and he is in a middle of a jealous rampage.

"I don't know, he was only here for a few minutes," I stated withholding the entire truth.

"So... I heard from the grapevine that there is someone new in the picture," I said getting straight to the point.

Briana placed her hands over her face and let out a deep sigh.

"I can't keep anything from you boys." She said before bursting out in laughter. "Who is he?" I asked taking a seat on top of her desk.

"Some guy I met a few weeks ago. It's still pretty new." She confessed.

Briana has terrible luck with relationships. Every relationship she's been in has ended terribly, but she never gives up. She's a hopeless romantic.

"Shit, it's already seven! I have to go home and get ready." Briana said standing up.

"Where are you going?" "I'm going to a club with Farrah and her friends," Briana answered happily.

I raised an eyebrow. "Where is my friend Briana and what did you do to her?" I laughed. "Oh shut up!" She giggled.

"Well have fun," I said before I exited her office.

When I got home, I changed into my workout clothes. My apartment building has a gym. For the money I pay every month to live in this building, I will use as many of the amenities as I can.

"Hey, Barron." A female voice said from behind me the very second I got on the treadmill.

When I turned around, I saw Jessica Holmes smiling at me.

Jessica is a cool girl. We went on a couple of dates, but nothing ever came from it. She is the very definition of a rich girl living off of "daddy's money". Don't get me wrong, Jessica is beautiful. She has long auburn hair, piercing moss green eyes, and a slender figure. Jessica has a great personality as well. She's funny, she's not one of those plastic Barbie dolls that have air where their brain is supposed to be. She is a thirty-two-year-old former debutant just living her life and spending money.

I ran my hand through my hair and smiled at her. Although nothing ever really came up on our dates, there is no bad blood between us.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in forever." She said as she placed her hands on her narrow hips. She wore black yoga pants and a turquoise-colored sports bra.

"I've been working," I answered her apathetically. "You are no fun. You should take a day off and come to my yacht party next week. It will be so much fun." She said as her face brightened up.

Although I appreciate the invitation. I think I'm going to pass.

"Sorry, can't," I answered her casually as I shrugged my shoulders.

Jessica pouted her lips.

I shook my head again at her no. I'm not going to be on a yacht with a bunch of white people doing a bunch of coke and acting like idiots. I will not be caught dead there.

"Can you just think about it!" She pleaded.

There was no telling this girl no.

"Um, I guess I'll get back to you." I lied.

Jessica and I chat for a few minutes catching up, and when she walked off I got on the treadmill and continued my run.

My balls felt like the size of Texas as I began running. I didn't necessarily have the case of blue balls, but I was damn near it.

Jessica is the last person I had sex with, and that was almost a couple of months ago. I've been stressed out lately, and the thought of getting the edge off was there.

It's not like it would be hard.

Yet casual sex is not my thing. For as long as I remember, I have just always been in relationships. All can do is wait till the right girl come around.

"Best friend!" Yolanda shouted as she entered my bedroom.

Her honey blonde hair extensions were pressed bone straight, and she wore a black dress with tall black strappy heels.

Her eyes were red, and she reeked of weed. It was evident that she had smoked in her car before entering the house. My parents are cool, but they are not that cool. They will not accept you smoking in their house.

"You look fine as hell best friend." She said with a contagious smile.

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I wore a backless black dress that showcased the little cleavage I had perfectly and coated my skin with a shimmering oil.

I spun around to take another look at my backside. The past couple of months in the gym was paying off. I used to be a skinny twig, but now I am forming a nice plump ass. It's not as big as my mom and sisters, but I'm getting somewhere.

"Look at you getting some ass. It's because of all of that fucking you been doing lately!" Yolanda giggled slapping my ass.

Bitch!

"Shh!" I hissed at her.

My mom was down the hall, and Toddy was asleep on my bed.

"You know I've been putting work in the gym," I said before belting out in laughter.

"No, you have been putting work on that dick!" Yolanda said as always being vulgar.

Well, I saw that statement coming!

I ignored her lewd comment and I reached for one of my favorite perfumes and doused myself with it.

A ding came from my phone, and I saw that it was Briana letting me know she was outside.

"Come on, she's here," I said to Yolanda.

Yolanda grabbed her phone from on top of my dresser and pierced her eyes at me.

"Is she cool?" Yolanda asked seriously. "Yeah, she's nice. I think you will like her." I smiled. "You sure talk about her a lot. I don't like that." Yolanda said scrunching her face displeased. "Yo, don't tell me you are jealous," I smirked.

Yolanda rolled her eyes and turned her lip up into a scowl. "Girl bye! I just don't want her getting any wrong ideas that you are her new best friend. I don't play that shit." Yolanda said becoming angry.

I rolled my eyes. As frustrating as I find Yolanda at times. Our friendship is not going anywhere. We are solid. No one can take her place. EVER.

We both gathered our things and walked out of my house to meet with Briana outside. I stopped in my tracks when I saw what that poor beautiful, but clueless girl was wearing.

"Hi, Briana," I said giving her a sympathetic smile.

I could tell from the moment she saw us that she knew that she was not dressed appropriately. She wore a yellow tube top and paired it with light denim shorts and black flat sandals.

"How do I look." She asked nervously.

My superficial friends will eat this poor girl alive if she comes to this high-end club looking like this. Briana is a beautiful girl, but I don't think she has aligned with her feminine energy yet. I could tell she was outside of her comfort zone.

Yo and I exchanged glances. She looked like she was going to a park, but the both of us would never say something like that to her. I can't say the same for the rest of my friends. Those girls are bitches.

I did not have the heart to let her come out with us dressed like that. It may sound shallow and materialistic, which in some cases I confess I can be, but I believe that you should enter any function dressed as your best. As a black woman, it's already hard enough roaming this earth where there are these unfair established stereotypes that all black women are "loud" or "ghetto". Early on, I learned that I have to be twice as good as my counterparts just to get anywhere in life. Although it's very stressful and honestly unfair.

All of my friends are successful black women. My mom and all of my aunts are successful black women. But of course, none of that matters.

It's been ingrained in me to be at my best constantly. Hair and nails should be done, and make-up is non-negotiable.

"You cute, you did your thing, but I think Farrah got something in the house you can change into that will go better for where we are going," Yo said as politely as she can before grabbing Briana's hand.

It's the first time they met, but Yolanda is just a friendly person. I knew to not pay her any mind when she was spewing her jealousy little rant over me. Underneath all the noise, Yolanda is a actually a kind person. She will give you the shirt off her back if she had to. She may be cussing you out at the same time, but she is the type of person that wants everyone in her circle to win.

We both lead Briana inside my house and into my bedroom down the hall.

I went into my closet and took out a royal blue dress that had silver accents on it. I wore it only once. It's from a boutique in Paris. Briana and I appear to be around the same size. Although she has a bigger ass than me and I'm completely jealous. My dress should fit her perfectly fine.

"What size shoe do you wear?" I asked looking through my closet. "I wear a size 6 and a half." She answered. "I wear a size seven," I said reaching for my beige-colored Jimmy Choo stilettos stored at the top of my closet.

"Here." I smiled. "These should fit." I handed her my shoes.

I grabbed a brush and some hairspray to fix her hair and edges. At the same time, I did a quick sprucing up of her makeup. I applied some loose powder on her face and applied lashes that I hadn't gotten around to wearing yet.

It's been a while since I've done somebody else's makeup. I used to do my sister's makeup all the time. I would have never guessed Sunny would end up picking up on it as well as she did. She even ended up having a career surrounded by makeup. She's a youtube beauty guru, and she has an enormous following.

It's a tailor-made job for her.

"She's adorable," Yolanda said as she rested her head on my headboard. We both waited in my room as Briana changed into the dress and shoes I lend her to wear tonight.

"Yeah, she is." "She reminds me of how you used to be," Yolanda said softly.

I ran my hand through my hair. Although I do agree I've changed, I just don't think it's to the extent as Yolanda thinks I have. Truth is, I've always been like this. I just have never let it out because I was always in a relationship. Since I broke up with Melvin, I've come more and more out of my shell.

"Ooh, girl! Look at you!" Yolanda beamed as Briana walked out of the bathroom.

She looked gorgeous. The blue dress went with her dark complexion beautifully.

"Thank you!" She said in an appreciative tone. "I didn't think I could ever look this beautiful." She said as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Girl stop it! You are gorgeous!" I said rushing to her and wiping the tears from her eyes.

It broke my heart to see how little confidence she had in herself.

"You don't need this to be beautiful Briana," I said shaking my head.

Although the hair and make-up and clothes can be a big boost I think Briana has a lot of inner battles to tackle.

"Come on, let's get out and have some fun!" I said lightly smacking her ass.

The three of us got in Briana's car, and we headed to the club. A group of our friends sat in the VIP section. The club was jam packed with people of all backgrounds.

Loud rap music was playing and I felt like my vision became blurred when I took a better look at the DJ. It was Ronald. Ronald is fine but his ass can't fuck for shit. I left his apartment angry and underwhelmed.

"Hi ladies." I smiled at my friends.

Gabby, Keisha, Tyesha, and Simone are the group of friends I've had for years. I'm not as close to all of them as I used to be, but from time to time we hang out.

I greeted each of them and introduced them to Briana. For the most part, everyone was nice, except for Simone. She didn't even acknowledge or say hi to Briana. It always has to be Simone and her high yellow ass.

She is just a natural uptight bitch, but once she warms up to you, she is the sweetest person you will ever meet. I promise.

"Hello, ladies." A man said approaching us.

When I looked up and saw who it was I rolled my eyes. It was the bartender, Max from the restaurant. He's been hitting me up excessively for the past week. I had to block him.

"Ooh, this is my song!" Yo belted out jumping to her feet as a song from Megan Thee Stallion played on the stereo.

She grabbed my hand, and I grabbed Brianna's, and the three of us went to the dance floor and began to dance to the rap song playing from the speaker.

A tall black man wearing a green dress shirt came up from behind me and placed his hands on my hips.

"You the finest girl up in here." He said into my ear.

When I turned around to take a better look at him I was genuinely impressed. He had dark skin and a muscular build. There was a diamond earring in each ear and a mouth filled with straight white teeth.

"Fine ass." He smirked at me.

He better stop because I was tempted to jump his bones right here and right now. I had to get away from him before I did something I will regret.

Fine I wouldn't have regretted it, but Yolanda has cussed me out every single day since I flaked her to hook up with Xavier that night.

I made my escaped and ran to the other side of the club. I could have easily left early and gone home with him, but I came out with my girls, and I wanted to have fun.

"You get all of the guys." Briana giggled. "I do not." I laughed shaking my head at the statement. "Don't let her lie to you. My best friend get's all the hoes. I can't believe she was almost married." Yolanda laughed.

"Wait you were going to get married? You were engaged?" Briana asked adjusting the dress from rolling up her thighs.

I slowly nodded my head. If I had gone on with that wedding, there is no doubt I would have still been married to that man.

"Yeah, let's not talk about it," I said in disgust. The last person I want to think about tonight is Melvin Connor.

_____

Author Note
I LOVE Farrah you guys. I don't know why but writing this story helped my mental health so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 17.5K 30
"Sir. I've done my job. Is there anything else?" I smiled cockily. "I specifically asked for a male driver, you're obviously a woman. I should get a...
3.5K 107 25
Aaliyah's been having a hard time after graduating college. She's been living with her mom for a year now and it's been hell. Her mom hates her and t...
356K 13.7K 20
"Haven't you been told to not follow a guy into his room? He can do things to you," he smirked. "I trust you," I said, looking at him. It was the fir...
1.5M 52.3K 44
When Liliana signed up to become a private flight attendant, she believed she had a general idea of what the job entailed. Strictly professional. Wh...