Back to You // Bradley Bradsh...

By winterharleys

Haley Seresin, callsign 'Hurricane', has made it to Top Gun finally, along side her brother Jake 'Hangman' Se... More

Cast List/Information
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-One

8.2K 170 109
By winterharleys

October came quickly, a month had already passed that the newest class at Top Gun had started. Haley felt exhausted most days. There were the training exercises, little bit of coursework, and especially keeping up with her points. She was second in the class right now, underneath her brother. She had managed to catch back up in the rankings after the crash. She was determined to have her name engraved on the Top Gun trophy.

Outside of training, things with Rooster were on fire. After clearing the air a few weeks back about Jake, things seemed much better. On that note, Haley still hadn't told him. Rooster didn't seem to mind, though. For the most part they did what they wanted. They weren't really "hiding" in public, they'd become less careful in some ways. Sometimes Haley stayed at Rooster's, and he slept over at her place occasionally. That had been more risky because of her brother next door, this was the one place they were more careful. He had never seen Rooster come over, or leaving in the morning. That would be harder to explain than hanging out at the bar, Jake knew they were friends after all. They'd known each other almost five years now.

    Haley felt like something was off with her brother. He'd been acting differently for a few weeks. There were things that were definitely the same old Jake, but something was different. It wasn't a bad different, but it felt unusual. That was the main reason she hadn't said anything yet. Rooster even admitted to noticing a little bit of a difference. It was just something about his presence, it was almost.....cheerier. Rooster figured it was just him leading their class, but Haley didn't. Jake was used to winning, something else was going on. That seemed to be a theme with people in her life lately, at least the ones closest to her. Different.

It was in the evening, Sabrina wasn't home yet. Haley was straddling Rooster in the bed. It was a Saturday, and they had spent most of the afternoon fooling around. They had plans that night, but hadn't left the bedroom yet. "We probably need to get ready." She told him, but made no efforts to move.

    "Haley is my-OH!" Sabrina had entered the bedroom without knocking. She had been gone all day with graduate school things. Or that's what Haley thought, she hadn't seen much of Sabrina lately. Another issue she hadn't made attempts to address. Haley wondered why everyone around her was acting like they'd been abducted by aliens lately.

    "Did you forget how to knock?!" Haley shouted, sliding off her boyfriend. He didn't seem embarrassed, more just amused. She pulled the sheets up to cover her.

    Sabrina definitely wasn't bothered. She had just been surprised. "I didn't realize mustache was here." She said with a shrug. She sat down on the edge of the bed. "Bradley, always a pleasure." She added, before turning back to Haley.

    "Sabrina," Rooster said back to her, shifting a little under the comforter. "Did you not lock the door?" He asked Haley.

    "I told you to lock it." Haley said back to him. At least nothing had been going on, it could have been worse. If she'd been about ten minutes earlier. "What were you looking for?" She asked Sabrina.

    "It could be worse. Remember when I walked in on you and that band guy you dated almost in the act, oh what was his name. Andrew something?" Sabrina pointed out. "Neiman. Gosh what a throwback."

    "You dated someone in a band?" Rooster inquired, clearly finding something about that amusing.

    "He was a drummer in concert band." Haley responded.

    "That doesn't make it any better." Sabrina chimed in. "Total asshat. Major upgrade with you." She pointed at Rooster, still completely unbothered by the fact they were both naked, though covered. "I mean, wow. It's almost photoshopped looking."

    "Enough about past boyfriends, seriously what are you looking for?" Haley changed the subject.

    "My wig for my costume. I think I left it in here when we were trying on our costumes the other night." Sabrina replied. They were attending a Halloween party at the Hard Desk that night. Most of the class was attending, though it was a public event.

    "Try the closet." Haley answered as she grabbed her clothes off the floor. She was making her best attempt to stay covered while doing so. She was able to grab her panties to slip on under the covers. She couldn't reach her shirt but grabbed Rooster's button down Hawaiian shirt.

    "We've skinny dipped, Haley. You don't have to be modest in front of me." Sabrina said from inside the closet, but she wasn't looking. She was teasing her. That was one of the the things about being friends as long as they had, there wasn't much hidden between them. Except whatever Sabrina had been up to lately.

    "We're going to just set up residence at your place from now on." Haley mumbled to Rooster as she handed him his boxers. She had finished buttoning up his shirt and was padding about the bedroom.

    "At least I won't have to go out a window there." Rooster replied, referring to a time she made him climb out the window when Jake had come over unexpectedly.

    "It's a first floor bedroom, you were fine." Haley answered with a shrug. She walked over to help Sabrina find the wig. Rooster had gotten up from the bed after semi-dressing.

    Sabrina found the pastel, multicolored wig. She was already in her costume, a sexy nurse outfit. She was going to be Carey Mulligan in Promising Young Woman. She walked out of the closet with Haley to her standing floor mirror. She began adjusting her brown hair into the wig cap. She pulled the wig on once it was in place.

    "Damn. You look good." Haley told her, admiring the costume. "Will your mystery man be there?" She asked. She'd had a suspicion that was where Sabrina had been off to lately. She wondered if Sabrina would admit to anything.

    "Maybe. But no men tonight unless they're being slayed." Sabrina answered as she fluffed the sides of the wigs. "Do you want to ride together or meet there?" She asked the two of them. Rooster shrugged, looking at Haley for an answer.

    "We can ride together. Give us a few minutes." Haley said, and with that Sabrina finally left. She loved her dearly but she sometimes had no boundaries.

    "Absolutely nothing fazes her." Rooster commented after she was gone. He had his costume in his hand, looking at the blue and black spandex. "And we're really doing this?" He asked. She had picked out the costumes, and Rooster obliged. Though he wasn't looking forward to the spandex.

    "No, not at all. She's like the female version of my brother sometimes. I can be super carefree too, but not like them." Haley replied. She picked up her own costume, which was identical to the one Rooster was holding. "You can back out, Bradshaw. But it would be quite a shame to miss all this," She waved a hand over his physique. "In spandex." It wasn't the typical 'couples' outfit, though it sort of was one. It was more of a group costume, but they were missing the other two.

    "Nope," Rooster said with a head shake about backing out.

    Haley went to try to get ready quickly. She took a few minutes putting on her makeup in the attached bathroom. Thankfully her hair didn't need much done to it despite her afternoon activities. She undressed to put her costume on. She shimmed into the spandex and pulled it up. She put her black gloves on, but couldn't get the back zipped herself. "Hey, can you-" Haley began, walking out of the bathroom. She froze when she saw him in his costume.

    It was hot. She was a bit of a closet nerd, and the superhero thing was big to her. "Oh my God." It was tight, but not so tight that it looked awkward. He filled it out very well. She then remembered why she had walked out there in the first place. "Zip me up, please, Mr. Richards." Haley told him.

    Rooster was clearly checking her out too. He didn't bother hiding it. Haley also wore the suit well, which had been part of why she had selected that particular duo. Not to mention it wasn't as common as other superhero costumes. "Sue Storm can't zip her own suit?" Rooster asked as he went to finish zipping it. They were two members of the Fantastic Four. Both had identical blue and black spandex suits with the 4 logo on the front.

    "My arms aren't long enough," Haley said in her defense. "Which is why I could never be Mister Fantastic." She looked in the mirror whenever it was finished. They looked good and she was excited. Rooster seemed amused at how excited she was over the costume choices. "We better get going," He said, steering her toward the door.

    Before they headed out to the Hard Deck, they took a few photos with the Halloween decor that Sabrina and Haley had put out. She and Rooster took a few together, her and Sabrina, then they did a group photo with the timer. They were finally on the way to the bar. Rooster was driving, Sabrina was in the backseat while Haley was up front.

    "Is your hot surrogate dad coming?" Sabrina asked Rooster. Her wig was blowing in the wind as they drove.

"Maybe. Why?" Rooster answered, glancing up at her in the rear view mirror. He was driving with one gloved hand on the wheel, the other was holding Haley's hand in between the seats.

"She has the hots for Mav," Haley answered for her best friend. Maverick was dating Penny Benjamin, who was owner of the bar, it wouldn't be out of line for him to be there. Haley had gotten to know Maverick better over the last few weeks. She and Rooster spent time with him and Penny occasionally.

"It's true. My shame has no bounds." Sabrina clearly didn't mind being outed.

"I can see it. For sure. Though he's a little short." Haley added and Sabrina cheered from the backseat to be agreed with.

"Coming from someone who is 5'2," Rooster commented.

"What can I say, I like tall men." Haley said with a shrug. "And older."

Rooster snorted, "I'm only four years older than you." He told her, glancing over at her. They were pulling up at the Hard Deck. Halloween songs could be heard from the parking lot.

"Thirty is practically a senior citizen. We should see about getting you a senior discount tonight." Haley teased as she climbed out of the bar. Sabrina climbed out of the back, following them inside.

    Haley looked around as they walked inside the Hard Deck. It was certainly different seeing it decorated for Halloween, changing up it's usual scene some. It was definitely still mostly Navy members there, so that much hadn't changed. Though tonight it was filled with costumes.

"Little sis!" Haley looked up to see her brother coming over. Most of their class was in attendance she noticed as she looked toward Jake.

"What the fuck?" Jake asked when he saw her and Rooster.

Haley felt her heart sink, wondering what he was talking about.

She then realized it-he was dressed in the same costume as them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 435 12
Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw x OC Olivia Mitchell and Bradley Bradshaw grew up together. Her father, Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell pulled both of their pape...
164K 4.1K 86
Epilogue sequel to 'Back to You' Continuation of the events after 'Back to You', following Haley 'Hurricane' Seresin and Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw's...
65.5K 1.1K 17
Lt. Taylor (Swift) Grace has known Bradley (Rooster) Bradshaw since they were just two years old. They had done everything together since, she even m...
111K 2.5K 22
Lt. Wren 'Atlas' Donahue is returning to Top Gun to train for an elite mission. Rivalries from her time at the academy and a certain distracting pilo...