Don't Look Back

By D_Harlowww

Don't let it hold you. Move forward and don't look back. Date started: 030922 More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Normal Day
Chapter 2: College Student?
Chapter 3: Squirrel
Chapter 4: Insecure
Chapter 5 Hopeless
Chapter 7: Set Back
Chapter 8: Flashbacks
Chapter 9: Conversation
Chapter 10: Dinner?
Chapter 11 Naive
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Confession
Chapter 14: Celebration?
Chapter 15: I Miss You

Chapter 6: Birthday Encounter

109 11 0
By D_Harlowww

Chaeyoung's POV

We do not have any classes for this week and it's because it is our semesters break. It's a good thing because today is Jeongyeon-unnie's birthday. I know that she told me that she doesn't want to celebrate her day but I want to at least have a decent dinner with her.

So here I am barging in at her room.

Time check it's 8 in the morning and usually this time around she's up and have already cleaned up that makes me think if what I'm seeing is real. She is still laying in her bed and her back facing me so I know for sure that she is comfortable sleeping her face on her bed. She seems peacefully sleeping but time can't be wasted anymore so I have to wake her up because I have planned for her.

As I was about to wake her up my phone vibrates signaling that I have received a message. And it's from my beloved Tzuyu.

Don't wake her up yet, let's stick with dinner.

I'll bring Mina-unnie with me too later.

That's what the text said. She must have really know me but it won't stop me from doing so.

Third Person's POV

"Yoo Jeongyeon!" Chae said a little bit louder than her normal voice and starts to shake her Unnie. But she gets no response.

"Unnie! It's your birthday!" She tries to do a different approach to wake up her best friend from its peaceful sleep. But to her dismay she hasn't move a single inch. So she thinks to sing a birthday song to her to annoy her best friend to get even a slight response that she is being bothered or even alive who knows.

She keeps on singing like a recording audio and repeat the whole thing for 3 minutes straight which annoys Jeongyeon so finally the older response.

"It's my birthday Chae I get it, so I can sleep in the whole day, that's my gift to myself" Jeongyeon mumbles in a sleepy voice and glares at Chaeyoung before closing her eyes again.

"You know Myoui Mina right Unnie?" Chae suddenly ask her out of the blue. Because she knows that the older girl can't sleep when she has something that she is curious about.

"Hmmm" that's her only response.

"You-

Before Chae could finish what she was saying the older interrupted her.

"How'd you know her?" She asks back while only peeking with only one eye.

Chae just shrugs and was about to walk out of her room when instantly smiles and mentally high five herself for knowing Jeongyeon so much. Because curiosity kills now her Unnie is standing up in front of her having the look in her face that she wants to get an answer from Chae.

"Show up later for the dinner so you get to find out Unnie, I'll pick you up" The younger girl said and in return she received a disappointing look from her best friend.

"You can't do that Chae, not on my birthday!" Jeongyeon protest and then proceeds to pout.

This is the first time in a long time that she has seen her best friend to be this playful. Life is good after all then.

"You don't like your birthday right Unnie? So you don't get to have a free pass" Chae replies and stick her tongue out and she completely walks away and Jeongyeon let her this time because she is still processing things that Chae said to her.

Mina's POV

"Really it's her birthday today?" I ask Tzuyu because she is inviting me to come with her and celebrate birthday with her.

I haven't decided yet because I'm nervous, I haven't seen her for a long time. I even wonder if she still remembers me. So the thought of me instantly showing up to her birthday is something that is risky I think.

"Yes Unnie, come on come with us we don't have schedule anyway. And it may be good to her having a new friend I mean old friend to see her" Tzuyu said and it's obvious that she is teasing me.

I shouldn't have told them about my crush to her before because it was just a happy crush and nothing more. When we were trainees we are good friends we just lost contact with each other when she stops being a trainee. It's just sad because I know for sure that she will make it because she has the looks and have a pleasing personality. I wonder if it's true what Sana is saying about her dying her hair because she told me that she will do that a lot when we debut but now she still does that, I'm glad though .

"I don't know, you now it's been a long time" I told her and she just looks at me.

"And I'm nervous what if she won't recognize me?" I honestly said to our maknae so that she will let it slide but some part of me wanted to come and celebrate my okd friend's birthday.

"Unnie no need to worry about it, Chae told me that Jeongyeon is surprised when she heard your name being called by her so it must be because she remembers you" She smiles at me and giving me a thumbs up.

I just nodded letting her know that I'll come. Then Sana joined as here at the couch and looking at us wondering what we are just talking about.

"What's up Satang?" I greeted her. She smiles at me then side hug me, typical Sana. So I lean my head to her and she responds

"Not much" She just simply reply and so I didn't ask further questions but Tzuyu did.

"How have you been Unnie since your last encounter to your pretty, tall, small face crush?" Tzuyu said now teasing Sana.

I am at her position a moment ago I'm glad that I am not anymore.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" She simply replies to Tzuyu then pout.

She is such a baby. So I just chuckled.

"Why Sana-chan you don't like her anymore?" I ask her because I'm curious myself.

She looks up at me and talk.

"I'm not sure now since she is a snob" She said having a disappointing look on her face.

"Unnie your so funny" Tzuyu said out loud then laugh.

"Hey don't laugh Yoda, it feels like I've been rejected the first time in my life" Sana-chan said dramatically.

I didn't know if it's real or she is faking it to get sympathy. But one thing for sure is that she is really affected by it.

"Since you got rejected I'll just set her up with someone" Tzuyu added to her teasing even more.

I am observing how Sana will react to it but she just glares at Tzuyu and standing up ready to fight for her life but then Jihyo-unnie come.

"What is it I'm seeing you two were about to be in a fight?" Our leader-nim said. So I stop laughing and have a serious face.

"Nothing Jihyo-unnie I was just telling her that I'll set up my friend with someone then she reacted that way" Tzuyu innocently defend herself and not looking at Sana.

"That's not it Jihyo, I'm not talking to you anymore only to your girlfriend" She said stomping her feet while walking away.

This scene has happened before with the other members when we like to tease one another.

I'm glad having them as my family, I will never imagine my life without them.

Jeongyeon's POV

I didn't feel like going out today. Even if it's my birthday, I do not have it in me deal with people. Actually haven't been ready for months now.

"I don't feel well Chaeyeong-ah" I said while I act up that my voice is weak. Which I know she won't buy.

"Is that the best you've got Unnie?" Chae replies to me while literally laughing in front of my face.

She is currently organizing all the stuff around in our dorm since I had a hard time choosing what to wear knowing that we will eat dinner at a fancy restaurant. To add some pressure, she told me that a very close friend of Tzuyu will have dinner with us.

"Chae I have a question" I started and she just hmm in response so then I proceeded.

"About what you said earlier who is that friend of Tzuyu? Why is she even having dinner with us?" I asked two questions at a time.

Well I get curious easily and will definitely not stop asking until you said so.

"Unnie you'll find out in an hour so better finish preparing" She said not looking at me and still cleaning up the mess that I have made.

Normally I am the one who always does that but when I'm nervous or thinking too much I tend to not mind things around me. And she knows me well that I will hate myself later if she won't clean it up now.

These days she's the one who takes care of me even if I am the oldest. I feel small about it and hate myself even more.

No One's POV

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are now on their way to the said restaurant wearing their casual clothes.

On the way there Jeongyeon could not contain asking a lot more than she should be. So Chaeyoung gave her a clue which only leads here into asking for more questions.

"Really she is an old friend of mine?" She keeps on bombarding Chaeyoung questions for half an hour now.

Chae just nodded and trying her best not to scold the birthday girl from being so annoying today.

"I think a lot but I do not have much friend" Jeongyeon talked again and Chae could only shrug because her Unnie talks too much when she's nervous.

That's a good sign, Chaeyoung think because that means she is looking forward into something and not every day she sees her Unnie like that.

"Before you ask anymore question we are here Unnie and they are waiting for you there inside. I'll just park this car you go ahead Unnie."Chae instruct her and I think she's gone panic mode now because instead of taking off her seat belt she hold it tight and didn't move an inch form her seat.

"Unnie don't be a childish and go in there, Tzuyu is waiting for you there already." She scold her Unnie even though Chae told herself that she should be more nice to her since it's her day.

"Arasso no need to scold me" The older said with pout on her face while taking off her seat belt and finally go out of the car.

Jeongyeon's POV

I won't lie now that I am finally out of the car and that Chaeyoung drove of somewhere to find some parking it feels so real. I do not like socializing so this is a huge thing for me.

Tzuyu is in thefe so no need to be nervous at all. You can do it Jeongyeon-ah! I'm good at these, I should cheer up myself more so that I can get pass of situation like this.

Now that I am done panicking I have noticed that it is a nice place filled with different light and that's cool.

I hope that what's on the outside is as good as the inside.

I'm still nervous because I just get my hair back into short black because I feel like myself lately. What if it doesn't fit me anymore since I haven't done it for a long time.

...

As I enter the place it is actually huge and a busy place. Every single table is occupied and I should have brought my glasses because I can't see Tzuyu.

I'm still eyeing every corner of the place when someone approaches me. I think this is the waiter or receptionist in here. She smiles at me and ask me.

"Are you Miss Yoo Jeongyeon?" She asked politely and I nodded then she leads me to a room.

I didn't know they have a room like that in here. It must be expensive.

"They are waiting for you in there Miss Yoo"

I just bowed my head then I face the door and here I am contemplating whether to knock or completely back out but before I could actually knock Tzuyu opens up the door not really surprise then hugs me.

I just hug her back since it's maybe a birthday hug, if that's even a thing.

"I thought you were lost, Chae texted me you guys are in here 5 minutes ago." she said still holding onto my arms while looking at my hair. Then she ha this look od adoration on her face.

"It suits you Unnie, I'm glad you get back your black again it's been a long time since I have seen you with that and you are really pretty." She genuinely said and now detach herself from me because I think that she sees Chaeyoung at the front door of this place.

So then I just let myself in, then I noticed a girl well a pretty one sitting at the table and giving me a gummy smile.

Wait she is familiar but I can't figure it out so I just smile back to her and approach to her table. I bow down.

"Anneonghaseyo" I greeting her with a shy smile.

She just chuckled and I feel embarrassed now. I don't even know how to start a conversation.

"You get prettier" I couldn't look her in the eyes I just bow down my head because I'm shy.

"I'm sorry I must have made you uncomfortable, I'm Myoui Mina btw since I figured that you don't remember me" She said handing her hand to me and I accepted it immediately.

"Mianhae, I know Mina but you seem like a different person that's why I didn't recognize you at first. You are the prettiest by the way" I told her honestly and she just look away and then laughed at me.

"How different? Is it a good or bad?" Mina said and before I can answer we heard a click signaling that someone took a photo of us.

Here they are now the couple walking around as if they didn't know that they took a photo of us.

"You two have catch up already?" Tzuyu ask with a teasing look. Or maybe I am only imagining.

"Why did you take a photo of us?" Mina asked glaring at her like a pissed off penguin that I remember when she is annoyed.

I didn't realize that I chuckled out loud because of my thoughts. So all the attention came to me and God I want to be out of here in an instant.

"It's nothing, I just, I remember Minari now after she asks you don't mind me" I tried to change the topic.

Mina smiles at me while the other two just stare at us confused.

"It's because of my hair isn't it? That's why you didn't recognize me?" I nodded because that's the first thing that I have notice when I saw her.

She has this long blonde curly hair that suits her. It seems like they are doing a comeback and day now. Tzuyu have her hair dyed too and I'm completely aware that they are an idol, a very popular one in here.

"You think that it's not my thing?" I nodded again but this time I replied to her.

"Before you scold me for dying my hair a lot and that you don't want your scalp to suffer so you will won't dye your hair. But it suits you pretty well" I said to her looking at her eyes now but I feel a little shy when Chae elbow me.

"You are such a sweet talker Unnie when it comes to Mina-unnie" Chae pointed out. And I'm a little confused.

"What do you mean babe when it comes to Mina-Unnie?" Tzuyu joined in the conversation.

Thank God she asked that.

"Because a week ago she ran off to someone when they were trying to talk to her" Chae said only looking at me. So it's obvious that what she said is for me.

"I have no idea what are you talking about Cub" I confusedly told her and she won't budge it.

"She was taking about Sana-Unnie" Tzuyu clarified and so I look back and feel so embarrassed about it.

That day up until now I still think about it a lot. I feel kind of guilty. But I only did that because I'm not prepared, I don't even know that I will see her again.

"Oh the orange haired girl. She looks like a shiba and a Squirrel." That's the only thing that I said before I see Tzuyu texted something on her phone.

"She gets that a lot Jeongyeon-ah" Minari said laughing at me. Then Chaeyoung looks like she pities me.

"That's not the point Unnie, the point is you hurt her feelings. You told me before that she helped you out the first time you met her so you could have at least say thank you to her." Chaeyoung is right.

That's why I raised the book which is the only thing that I brought this evening. I am hoping to see Sana actually.

Chae have this questioning look on her face.

"I know Chae I feel bad about it that's why I always brought this book whenever I go out because I wanted to make that the next time we bummed into each other I am prepared" I explained to her and the two idols are hust watching our exchange.

"I don't get it Unnie"

"This is the book that she lends me, I even refused to take it but she insists and very stubborn that day. She even told me that I should give it back to her for when we see each other in the future." I explained again to her now with some details.

"Omo, that's her favorite book Jeongyeon. I remember that it is always on her night stand even if she reads other books and I didn't notice that it's gone." Mina joined in our conversation and give me a valuable information.

So she is not lying after all.

...

Sana's POV

It's November first today and why do I feel like today is kind of  fast.

Today goes by, but I didn't do anything productive other than sulk in my room because I don't know.

Maybe because I miss someone that's why I have been moody these days.

I'm here at the river. I go here a lot now ever since I saw a girl crying in here.

I keep on replaying that scene on my mind for months. I don't know. Maybe because I haven't seen someone with so much pain in my whole life.

I actually feel sorry for her but I did approach her because I do not want her to feel alone. And there's something in me that is telling me that I should go to her.

I'm an idiot for thinking she would at least remember me. I don't know but it really pissed me off that she run off that day that I found her.

While I feel so relief seeing her she looks like she has seen a ghost and doesn't want to go near me.

But I still want to see her again and have a conversation to her. It sucks because I should hate her but I can't. I let out a long tiring breath before closing my eyes.

"That's a deep breath, are you okay?"

Someone that I don't know said it. So I opened my eyes immediately and see a girl beside me. She is standing beside me.

Maybe I'm hallucinating because I am obsessed with her these days.

So I just blinked my eyes and continued looking at her. She raised her hand and wave it in front of me.

"Are you-
Before I can even continue what I was saying she cut me off.

"Yeah the crying lady you saw in here months ago" She said cracking a little smile.

"Wae, what are you doing in here?" I asked her and she handed me the book.

I looked at it and see how nothing changes not a single bit. It looks exactly the same as the day I lend it to her. So she did take my words seriously.

"I'm sorry" That's the only thing that comes out of her mouth. So I just stare at her letting her talk more.

"I didn't mean to run off but I feel embarrassed that I didn't have your book with me, to be honest I didn't read it too. So after that day I read it and made sure to bring it with me whenever I go out, just in case that I run off to you." She said seriously and she's adorable and cute at the same time. Add the fact that she has a black haired now.

My body moved without me knowing and I just hugged her. And she seems surprise at first but then she hugs me back. And this is the best feeling that I have felt for the longest time.

"Today is my lucky day indeed, even if I hated this day the most" she whispered to me because we are still hugging.

Now she is slowly letting go of the hug and I know already for sure that I will miss this so bad.

"Why do you hate today?" I asked her. I hope that I didn't make her uncomfortable.

She smiles at me and looks away maybe this is something that she doesn't want to talk about.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me. It suits you by the way, black looks really good on you" I compliment her and I see her getting shy still looking away to me.

"It's my birthday, that's why I hate today" She simply said and before I could register that I am scolding her now.

"Wae! You should have told me I don't even have a present for you!" I shout at her completely panicking but then she holds my arm to calm me and it does.

"You already did so much for me. That day you lend me that book is the day that you saved me. And that is enough." She assuring me to not worry.

"Still I need to get you something, and don't tell me that you don't want to see me again." I said to her honestly and now sulking.

"Cute" I heard her say but not too loud so then I blushed.

"Minatozaki Sana thank you and I will see you again definitely"

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.6K 37
"Trust me, I will never kill you,hurt you or letting anyone hurt you" #2 in Tzukook #1 in BangTwice
126K 6.2K 31
❝ How can you possibly fall in love with a criminal like me? ❞ 082018 - 031319
11.6K 912 23
Jeongyeon is an aspiring nun, but what will happen if she meet Minatozaki Sana. Update the story: March 21,2021 Ended the story: January 22, 2022
123K 4.1K 26
[COMPLETED] Dont read this if you didnt read im her manager first Sana x Female reader