Twisted Wonderland Book 1: Th...

By PinkiePieSweets

Briar and her friends are beginning their first day at Night Raven College, but Ace shows up unexpectedly wit... More

Chapter 1: The Desperate Heart
Chapter 2: A Misappropriated Tart
Chapter 3: Garden Decoration
Chapter 4: Student Multiplication
Chapter 5: A Class Escape
Chapter 6: A Carbonara Scrape
Chapter 7: A Traditional Lesson
Chapter 8: The Legendary Seven
Chapter 9: A Mealtime Chat
Chapter 10: A Garden Spat
Chapter 11: Secret in the Oysters
Chapter 12: Egg Destroyers
Chapter 13: Past Improprieties
Chapter 14: Delicious Varieties
Chapter 15: An Army of One
Chapter 16: Hard Work Undone
Chapter 17: A Rule Slip
Chapter 18: A Surprise Tip
Chapter 19: Punishment Escalation
Chapter 20: Rookie Frustration
Chapter 21: A Duel Ill-Advised
Chapter 22: Soundly Chastised
Chapter 23: Magic Unchecked
Chapter 25: A Sad Little Child
Chapter 26: Feelings Reconciled
Chapter 27: Five Second Rule
Chapter 28: Finale for Heartslabyul

Chapter 24: An Unhinged Prefect

84 2 0
By PinkiePieSweets

The black and red aura surrounds Riddle and soon he becomes consumed by it. Then, multiple black ooze from Riddle's magepen pours out of the gem at once and his red gem turns completely black. And soon, the black ooze has Riddle in it, and a dark light shines over it. Soon, the light disappears and everyone is left with a horrified sight.

They soon see Riddle in some black and red patterned outfit with white roses around the waist tainted with black ink. The sleeves are torn, and the cloves look like ooze covering his hands. The dress also has a white collar, and wears a heart like choker around his neck. He is also wearing black high heel boots. He also appears to be wearing some kind of black masquerade mask on his left side, and red smoke appears over his eye, along with a black crown on his head. His body and face has become pale, and his hair becomes a darker red, and his eyes become a crimson red color.

Suddenly, Briar feels a strong pain in her face and clenches her head as she sits on the ground in pain.

"Briar!" Grim cries out and runs to her.

Sereia, Tanzanite, Jasper, and Trinket do the same.

"Briar, what's wrong?" Jasper asks.

"My head's hurting! I... I can feel the dark aura flowing out of him!" Briar says.

"Still, what happened to him?" Tanzanite asks.

"Did his whole body just change?!" Sereia asks, terrified.

Suddenly, Riddle maniacally laughs, "Heh heh heh... AH HA HA HA!" and says, "You are fools to defy me! You are not welcome in my world. In my world, I am the law. I am order made manifest! The only response I will accept from you is 'Yes, Housewarden Riddle.' All who defy me will lose their heads! Ah ha ha ha ha!"

"Dear me, what have I done? I've allowed a student to overblot in my presence!" Crowley says, devastated to what he has witnessed.

"Overblot'?" Sereia says, scared.

Then Grim asks, shocked, "What does that mean?!"

Overblot is a dangerous condition that mages must avoid at all costs. At the moment, he is overcome by negative energy, and has lost control of his magic and emotions."

"Okay, sure... but what does that mean?" Grim asks.

"Please explain!" Deuce says.

"Yes please," Tanzanite adds.

Then Cater says, "To put it in layman's terms, he's in evil berserker mode!"

"If he keeps releasing magical energy, we could be looking at a loss of life here - his included," Trey adds.

"WHAT?!" The Ramshackle dorm group exclaims in shock.

"The well-being of my students is my top priority. Therefore, I must evacuate them immediately. As for Mr. Rosehearts, we must restore his consciousness before his magical energy runs dry. For as bad as losing him would be, there are scenarios that are far worse..." Crowley says.

He then calls out to the students, "Listen well: I need all of you to seek help from the other housewardens and members of the faculty."

Hearing that, all the remaining students begin to evacuate from the Rose Maze Garden in fear and panic.

Suddenly, Ace rushes forwards and cries out, "Hiiiyah! Take that!"

And cast his wind magic at Riddle.

"Huh?!" Crowley, Trey, and Cater are beyond shock.

Then Deuce calls out, "I summon thee, cauldron!"

And conjures a cauldron to smacks Riddle with it,

Then Grim cries out, "Myah?!"

"Take that!" Jasper calls out and uses his magic to throw rocks and stones at Riddle.

Tanzanite says, "Um, or perhaps some gemstones."

Tanzanite then uses his magic that reveals gemstones and they also blind Riddle.

Sereia then "Uh, well, um, have some water."

Then uses her magic to spray water at Riddle.

Briar then holds out her pen despite feeling a strong headache and calls out, "Try this!"

Briar then begins to use her flower petal magic and it strikes Riddle as well.

Furious, Riddle demands, "What do you fools think you're doing?"

Cater rushes over to the group and panics, "Um, hello?! 911? We've got an idiot emergency!"

"You DID hear that part about how reeeal bad things are happenin' with him, right?!" Grim says.

"Grim's right. Like Trey said, if nothing is done, Riddle's life can be in danger," Sereia adds.

"That's why we need to stop him now! I don't want that on my conscience!" Deuce says.

"Neither do we," The twins reply.

"I have to agree. Truth is, I feel I should have done something sooner, I don't know what, but I feel that what I've been experiencing the headaches, the odd feeling, and what I've been seeing, I feel that I should have realized the trouble Riddle might be in a lot sooner," Briar says.

"It's not your fault, Briar. There's no way you could have known of what he's been dealing with," Ace says.

Then says with a determined look and says, "And I'm not givin' up till I hear him say 'I was wrong and I'm sorry.'"

Trey sighs and soon accepts this, "All right, let's do this. I can overwrite his magic for a little longer. In the meantime, do what you can!"

Then turns to Headmage Crowley, "Headmage, please evacuate the other students!"

Crowley cries out, "Wait! This is dangerous!"

Cater feels the same, "Are you S-R-S, Trey? You can't beat Riddle!"

"So what, you're not even gonna fight unless you KNOW you can win?" Ace says.

"Yeah, he's right. That's weak," Grim replies.

Then Deuce says, "This is the only way we can think of to snap him out of this!"

Yeah... I don't want to lose him. There're too many things I've left unsaid," Trey says.

He then turns to the others, "Combine your powers to stop Riddle! We just have to do this, whatever it takes!"

"Ugh, I do NOT like or subscribe to this, but fine!" Cater says, accepting

"Ngh... " Crowley says, reluctantly,

But has to accept the student's decision, and says, "I'll be back as soon as I've gotten the students to safety. Stand firm until then!"

Crolwey then leaves to help the rest of the students evacuate from the area. Briar, and the rest of the group at the dorm, Trey, Ace, Cater, and Decue plan to fight off Riddle to stop him.

"Such defiance, from every last one of you! I shall take all of your heads!" Riddle says in full rage.

"Riddle's body can't take much more of this. We need to stop him before it's too late!" Trey says.

"I think you're right. We need to stop him like now," Briar says.

Everyone has gathered around and ready to battle Riddle. And soon, they find themselves not facing only Riddle, but also a monstrous shadow behind that is a black and red tatter like dress with a white collar, a dark gold crown over a strange looking glass heart shaped capsule, cracking and oozing black inky ooze. It also appears to be holding a rose tree with red roses on it.

Trey performs the first spell, "Sleight of Hand!" and cast his spell on Riddle.

Suddenly, Riddle says, "Confound it all! Still you oppose me, Trey?!"

"You're not giving him much of a choice you know!" Jasper calls out.

"All right! We've locked down Riddle's collaring attack!" Trey says.

"But not for long. We're still in kind of a tight spot here," Cater says.

"You think?" Grim replies.

Then Trey says, "Get this done, quick, while I keep 'Off With Your Head' sealed away!"

Just then, Riddle lets out a battle cry, "YEEAAARGH!"

And tries to attack the group with the rose bush.

"Look out!" Ace calls out.

Everyone quickly dodge the attack.

"Take this!" Ace calls out and performs his wind attack.

Jasper turns to Tanzanite, "Tanza, let's combine our attacks!"

"Oh course!" Tanzanite replies with a nod.

Jasper and Tanzanite then wave their magepen and combine their powers to create glowing stones and they all strike at Riddle with full force. Riddle soon grows furious and Trey's magic soon wears off. Riddle screams in rage and uses his magic to create fire and uses it to attack them. Everyone quickly moves out of the way to dodge the attack.

"Oh dear!" Sereia says, frightened.

Sereia quickly uses her magic with her pen and casts a water spell to douse the fire, until it's out.

Briar quickly uses her magepen and casts her flower petal-like spell at Riddle. Grim, Jasper, and Tanzanite cast their spells, and attack Riddle. Soon, Riddle uses the Rose tree of the shadow to attack them.

"Dodge!" Deuce calls out.

Everyone quickly dodges the attack.

Ace cries out, "Gah! Shouldn't he be outta magic by now?!"

Suddenly, Riddle cries out in rage, "I am absolutely, positively right - beyond any possible shadow of a doubt! I have to be! Otherwise, what was any of it for...?!" and sound upset.

"Riddle..." Trey replies, feeling bad for him.

Then Cater says, "Trey, focus! Any distraction now will be giving him an extra advantage!"

"Ah, sorry!" Trey replies.

"Still, how are we going to defeat him?" Deuce asks.

"I'm not sure. We just have to keep fighting him until he wears himself out," Cater says.

Just then, Ace has an idea, "I think I know."

Then turns to Briar, "Briar, remember what happened at the Dwarf Mine, how you manage to use some powerful magic on that monster."

"Um yes," Briar replies.

"Do you think you can do it again?" Ace asks.

"I... I don't know if I can. Even if I could, it might be more effective if Riddle is almost out of energy," Briar says.

"I think she's right. Her magic seems more effective when she knocks the monster out with her magic," Tanzanite says.

"So the best we can do is to keep firing our magic at it," Grim says.

"Then let's go!" Ace says.

Just then, Riddle lets out a battle cry and cries out, "I'll destroy anyone who dares to defy me!"

Riddle then begins to unleash his fire magic in full rage. Sereia quickly acts fast and uses her water magic to spray water to put out the fire.

"Let's do this!" Ace says, and then casts his wind magic at Riddle.

Grim lets out a cry, "MYAH!" and uses his fire powers at Riddle.

Then Deuce uses his magic, "I summon thee, cauldron!"

Then a large cauldron appears over Riddle and falls right on top of him.

Tanzanite, Jasper, and Briar begin to fire their magic at Riddle while the cauldron is on top of him. Riddle grits his teeth as he growls in full rage. He then lets out a mighty roar of rage as the magic has been pushed back and the cauldron is no longer on top of him. Trey quickly acts and performs his signature spell on Riddle, to prevent him from performing his own.

"It's still not enough!" Grim says, shocked.

"Maybe it will be best for us to attack him all at once," Briar says.

Then turns to Deuce, "Deuce, try to summon another cauldron, and make it a big one!"

"Alright," Deuce answers.

He then cast another spell, "I summon thee, cauldron!"

And with that, Deuce ends up conjuring an even larger cauldron. Probably two or three times as large as a normal cauldron. And with that, it ends up falling on top of Riddle and the monstrous shadow behind him.

"Alright everyone, let's attack him with everything we got!" Briar says.

"Let's get 'em!" Grim cries out.

And so, everyone begins to use their magic to attack Riddle all at once. Ace's wind magic, Grim's fire. Jasper stones, Tanzanite gems, Sereia's water, Briar's flowers, along with Trey and Cater's own magic, they all are able to attack Riddle with full force. With that, everyone stops casting their magic at Riddle, and watches to see as he slowly removes the cauldron off of him, and is looking exhausted and dazed.

He slowly says, "I... was wrong?! But that's... impossible..."

Riddle soon collapses on his knees, "Isn't it... mother?"

Just then, the glass capsule of the shadow's head burst open and the black ooze begins to pour out and towards Riddle.

"Riddle!" Briar cries out and rushes towards him.

"Briar!" Sereia cries out.

"Don't it's too dangerous!" Jasper calls out.

Briar soon reaches Riddle, but before she can do anything, the black ooze ends up covering them both.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 208 10
Rene Spinner arrives as a first year in the prestigious institute, Night Raven College. The only problem? She's a girl. Hiding her gender, Rene plans...
394 45 6
❛ so high, stars eat our dust .ᐟ ❜ β˜… ᝰ neon guts ! βΈΊ ABOUT 𐏐 βŸ‘Λ’ ༘ ⋆˙ the new freshmen at night raven college encounter a strange d...
1.9K 56 31
A few days after the incident at Heartslabyul Dorm, Briar and the others are doing their best to settle in the Night Raven Academy, and learn a tourn...
760 26 23
What once was a babysitting adventure with Ace and Deuce, has become an thrilling adventure with Cater's new dragon bff...? or Cater finds him self a...