My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

How It All Happened

359 18 0
By MadeenahJunaid

Going through some documents in the study, Asher raised his thick eyebrows at the screen of his laptop. Thinking about what next to write... What to type.

'Tap! Tap!!'

A soft knock on the door caught his attention, and he looked up at it.

"Yes, who's that? Come in." He instructed, knowing it would either be Suzanne or his mum.

The door opened and Lilah walked in with a server and a cup of hot coffee. The way she used to serve him when she worked as his secretary. She had a red, tiered dress on.

"Oh, it's you." A small spread on his rugged face and it faded right away. "Take a seat." He offered. "You should have sent the maid."

"I wanted to see you myself." Lilah placed the coffee on the clear side of his table and sat in front of him.

"You look serious. Is everything alright?"

"Yes." He replied. "I'm just looking for the right theme for this project. Something simple and short."

"Let me see." Lilah cut in

"No... You shouldn't."

"Of course, I'm interested. You were once my boss, anyway. I might have an idea." She explained, and Asher turned his laptop at her.

"Umm... Why don't you use 'Be Extraordinary Beyond All Limits' or 'One Team, One Goal'? Something as simple as that would attract more customers."

"Wow, you're a genius! Why didn't I think of that earlier?"

"You can write differently for both and pick the best and most favorable." She added. Asher nodded positively at the idea.

'Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!'

The knock on the door interrupted. Asher looked up, thinking that it was his mum.

"Who's that?"

"It's me, Suzanne." Their maid replied from behind the door, waiting patiently for a reply.

Suzanne was an 18-year-old orphan fending for herself. Average height, slim, and tan-skinned. She had hazel-green eyes and light golden hair that was always parted in the middle. It was split into two French weaves. The pink apron on her gave her a baby look.

"Come in," Asher ordered, and she pulled the doorknob.

She shyly walked towards them and placed a tray of red apples on the table. Asher raised his eyes at her as he watched her while Lilah handed her the empty cup of coffee to take back into the kitchen.

"Why are you staring at her like that?"

"She's always acting shy around me. Don't you notice her trembling hands?" He told her.

"That's because you're an Alpha. She's wolf-blood, so she knows. Don't blame her." Lilah revealed.

"Is Suzanne an excellent maid?"

"Yes. She is diligent and loyal. I like her." Lilah replied, facing the laptop back to Asher. "You can continue your work now."

Asher saved the page and closed the system. It's the first time since they're having an excellent discussion. And Asher wanted to hear more from her.

"I will continue later. Let's chat."

"Chat!" she raised as if he just uttered a foreign word.

"Yes... Tell me more about yourself, Lilah. I know you studied business management and graduated from Vanier University two years ago. Tell me something I don't know about you." Asher walked to sit on a long, cotton-fur sofa in his study room. Join me." He offered, placing the tray of apples on the wooden table in front of him.

Lilah joined him, sitting next to him on the sofa. She looked down at the red rug and she realized how well-organized his study room was.

"You know everything about me, Asher. I am no stranger to you because you dated my sister. You can tell me about yourself. Your childhood."

"My childhood?" His grin widened. "There's nothing special about my childhood. My dad passed away when I was 10, my mum single-handedly brought me up. Although, there were good and bad days. My mother isn't a simple woman, you know? I remember when I was very young. She whipped me for hiding her favorite purse."

"Really?" Lilah chuckled. Her smile exposed the upper part of her teeth while she placed a hand on her enormous belly. She's eight months pregnant now.

"Of course, she dealt with me that day. Since then, I have feared and respected her. I never pass my boundaries to annoy her."

"No wonder you're different from other werewolf leaders. I haven't met or lived with other Alpha's, but I hear stories about their attitude. I once thought you were no different from the rest, but now. You are well-mannered and cultured. Living with both of you reminds me a lot about home... I can imagine." Lilah explained.

"I will not lie to you. My mum is a disciplinarian. She could be funny and all, but she has her principles. That day, she made me cry and shed blood. I had some scars of that beating, but everything vanished after my first transformation, which was two years after then, but I never forget."

"Wow, I did not know that your mum was that tough."

"Of course she is," Asher replied and raised his gaze in her direction.

"I can imagine." Her wide smile faded as she took another bite of the juicy apple. Give it a good chew before swallowing. Asher noticed the wrinkle around her mouth and caught a tiny piece of apple hanging on her gum. Right above her dazzling set of teeth.

"There's something on your gum." He pointed.

"My gum?" She looked at him, sucking in her teeth, but it was still there.

"Let me... Let me help you get it out." He offered.

It was awkward. Lilah widened her teeth as he leaned close. A little.

Asher used his little finger to get it. His delicate black eyes focused on her soft lips. Lilah gazed at the piece on his last finger, and he wiped it away.

"Thank you." She told him and grabbed another apple, taking a yummy bite without him slicing it for her. Lilah chewed on it, thinking about his words. She giggled, knowing that Amaya wasn't as curious as her mother. Or maybe all mothers are the same.

Asher placed a hand on hers, and Lilah's smile stopped. 'How had I never noticed before how blue her eyes were?' His eyes glittered at hers as he wondered. Lilah turned away, feeling her heartbeat racing to his single touch. Asher proceeded, placing a hand on her v-jawline. His firm hand held between her nape, chin, and neck.

Asher's touch was warm against her, just like the other day she had a nightmare. Lilah focused her gaze on him and watched him softly nibbling on his lower lip. Fighting down the hysteria in her chest, Lilah's cheeks blushed red. Asher pulled closer as he stared at her lips. The study room was intensely silent, and there was no one there to watch or disturb them. Staring intensely into his eyes, Lilah leaned forward to his touch. His face was only a hair's breadth away from hers.

Asher's muscular arms wrapped tightly around her waist. Desperately. His full lips pressed against her forehead. She squeezed her eyes shut, letting the tears freely roll down her chubby cheeks. Lilah whimpered, amidst the nervousness burning through her, with her eyes still closed.

Slowly, Asher pulled towards her until his lips met hers in a soft click. He deepened the kiss on Lilah's lower lip and she perceived his fresh, earthy scent. His lips tasted like the coffee he just had.

They pulled away and locked lips once more. This time, more passionately. Her slim fingers trailed up his six abs, unconsciously. Asher's hand crept up Lilah's spine, pulling her closer. His hand rested on her curvy hip and behind her neck. His lips brushed through hers, trembling.

Lilah's breath thickened as his roving hands grabbed her nape, pulling her to lie down on the sofa chair.

Immediately, she broke the kiss. Asher pulled back to look at her, and when he caught her tears, he brought his hand up to her cheeks. Wiping out the lingering tears with his thumb in a caressing motion.

She pulled out of his grip at once.

Her face burnt in embarrassment. Lilah couldn't believe that she fell for his charms. She just kissed Asher... Her gaze fell to the ground, unable to face him.

"Lilah..." He whispered. "Are you alright?"

Lilah felt so shy and intimidated. Her heart ached in his presence with tears filling up her sad eyes. She nodded negatively. "No... No, this is so wrong."

Asher then tilted closer to her glittering eyes. She looked up at his straight nose. Her mood filled his obsidian eyes with concern.

"I can't do this with you. We can never be in love. Not in this lifetime." Lilah stuttered the words incoherently and with little difficulty, she pulled out of the sofa and walked out of his study room.

Leaving Asher to the puzzlement of what just happened. A burning sensation filled his lungs as he fell back into the chair. His fingers ran through his raven-black hair in confusion.

Lilah walked into her room and locked the door. Not wanting to face him again, she stayed inside. Remembering the look in his eyes and how he nibbled his lips. Things made little sense to her. Holding onto her pregnancy, she turned and twisted on the bed. Thinking about him till the day darkens. Suzanne invited her downstairs that dinner was ready, but she told her to bring her food into the room. Yet, she wasn't able to eat much. She placed a hand under her jaw, staring at the empty ceiling. This was the first time he kissed her with and in all consciousness. It made the memory of when they were drunk come to light in her mind. Now Lilah remembered.

... How it all happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
1.3K 30 14
AN ARRANGEMENT, A CLAIM, A FATE. Diana Marchand knows that her father wanted her to be the future Luna by arranging a marriage to the future Alpha. B...
2.5M 126K 34
| Highest Ranking in Werewolf: 9| Completed 4/10/2017 I watched him fall in love. I watched as he took her to places I had always wanted to go and d...
1.5M 8.1K 6
They say that Alpha-blood pups born under a full moon are destined for greatness. That males born will have all the strength the goddess can bestow...