The Chosen one REMAKE (RWBY X...

By Balasubas19

This is the remake of my first Chosen one book because I decided it to remake it with decent plot and adding... More

Meet the L/N family
Weapons, Items and Abilities
HAREM and Team members
Prologue: Beacon? I thought it's Bacon
Chapter 1: Welcome to Ba-Beacon
Chapter 2: First Night
Chapter 3: Flexing Time (Part 1)
Chapter 4: Flexing time (Part 2)
Chapter 5: Team ORION is formed
Chapter 6: First day of School
Chapter 7: Laurent vs Champion
Chapter 8: Saving a birb
Chapter 9: Cat is out of the bag
Chapter 10: Armed intervention
Chapter 11: New Players, New Game
Volume 2
Chapter 1: Dine in hell!
Chapter 2: Iron in Vale/Catching the cat
Chapter 3: Back on the field
Chapter 4: Tag Team Battle
Chapter 5: A Harem is formed
Chapter 6: Preparations
Chapter 7: Dance AND Infiltration
Chapter 8: Onto the mountains
Chapter 9: Kill Confirmed
Chapter 10: Stop the train! (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Stop the train! (Part 2)
Chapter 12: A unknown Tomorrow
Chapter 13: Preparations
Volume 3
Chapter 1: So it begins...
Chapter 2: The Phoenix arrives
Chapter 3: Premonitions and next calls
Chapter 4: Bringing them all together
Chapter 5: Somebody's Sus...
Chapter 6: Out from the shadows
Chapter 7: Thunders over Vale
Chapter 8: Fight fire with fire
Chapter 9: Desperate battle
Chapter 10: Mother's warmth and Son's ascension
Chapter 11: Duel of the fates
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Volume 4
Chapter 0.5: Current state...
Chapter 1: 4 months later...
Chapter 2: The Backbones of Remnant
Chapter 4: Phoenix's embers lights on forever
Chapter 5: The next move and a stronger resolve
Chapter 5.5: A game for Albion
Chapter 6: From students to Trained Guardians
Chapter 7: Moving out
Chapter 8: Struggles and new allies
Chapter 9: Dogfights and Taking the reigns

Chapter 3: The price of defiance

275 18 7
By Balasubas19

Author: This is continuation of the last chapter with moar lore, enjoy!

Y/N = Normal speaking

Y/N = Manifested memory speaking

Y/N = Narrating

Y/N = Thoughts

No one POV

After the revelation of the fist great Remnant war that not even Ozpin and Salem ever encountered before, the memory now switches onto a lonely castle. It might cause confusion to others, but to Ozpin. This place is very well familiar to him. 

Fu Hua: After 100 years after the war that changed the course of Remnant, we slowly recovered and risen from the ashes of war... One man, set course the way Remnant is today...

Everybody looks onto the majestic castle on the distance while Ozpin is contemplating, he knows that this is the truth everyone needed. Y/N and Zane walks together and looks onto the castle with a curious and confused look on it too. 

Fu Hua: A man came from the lonely tower, that sheltered a woman that desired freedom. 

The manifested memory slowly changes into a room inside the castle, and also revealing a lonely woman sitting on her chair. Teams RWBY, JNPR and the rest of ORION got a good look on her, and what they do not know that this is the woman that controls and manifest the Grimm today. 

Fu Hua: Her name... Is Salem. 

Qrow's and Zane's eyes widen when Fu Hua mentioned her name. Teams RWBY and JNPR are bit confused, but to those who knew her? Well this is a revelation indeed. 

Ash: *eyes wide in the revelation* This... Is Salem...?

Yupia: *processing* She looks... So innocent here... Yet she's the queen of the Grimm...? 

Weiss: *looks alerted* Queen of the Grimm...? 

Blake: Hate to say it... But everything we have seen so far? I think it slowly make sense... *looks worried* 

Ruby and Yang looks to each other uncertain and unsure about the revelation, while Jaune and Ren are processing on the information they got. While Pyrrha and Nora are silent for the meantime. 

Y/N: *wipes sweat* Looks can be deceiving... But we need to know everything. 

Ironwood: *takes a deep breathe* Let's continue... We need to know the whole context. 

Ozpin is quiet as he looks onto the manifested memory and contemplates on the actions he made that leads up to the present day. The manifested memory continues on as Salem is seen using her magic and clearly lacking of freedom. 

Fu Hua: From what I can remember... She is locked away by her cruel father. Salem is this one girl who has one desire... Freedom. 

The residence of Beacon looks in awe seeing raw magic being presented to them. Y/N himself wondered if he can use magic on his future arsenal of abilities while Zane is in deep thought about the said magic. 

Zane: *thoughts* Fu Hua DID said that Alkaios is the first L/N... Does that mean we inherit some of his abilities and powers like magic? It could be a possibility. 

Fu Hua: She lives in a time a century after the first great Remnant war. Where kingdoms and prosperity rises and co exists together in one banner. And yet she lives in the lonely tower... 

Smoke appears over their manifested memory before it changes onto the outside view of the castle. Until a one man on a armor walks over onto the plains with a proud aura, which Ironwood and Qrow walks over and got a good look onto the said man. 

Fu Hua: Until the day arrived of one man bravely faced the challenges the confinements of the castle... His name is Ozma. 

Teams RWBY and JNPR looks onto their principal, who's observing the memory like a memory lane to him. Ozpin looks towards to his students before nodding in assurance to them. 

Ozpin: *to his students* I know all of you had answers, but Fu Hua will answer them for you. *nods slowly* She knows the whole story than I do. 

The students nodded before looking back onto the memory, while Ash compares the Ozma and Ozpin on his eyes as he contemplates on his mind about it. 

Ash: *thoughts* I start to think this is where Headmaster Ozpin comes in the story... I can tell from his face that he's related to this, one way or another we will get the answers we needed. 

Everyone else watches Ozma on the manifested memory walks over towards the castle. Y/N takes note of his "knight in shining armor" type cause he's clearly emitting that type of aura. 

Y/N: I assume that is Ozpin... From the old era. *crosses arms*

Ironwood: Maybe so young L/N... 

Fu Hua: Unlike those who had come before, this warrior was not driven by the prize of the young maiden's hand nor from her looks. He fought only for righteousness, and his pure heart and courageous soul prevailed.

The memory switches onto Salem and Ozma fighting their way through the castle while everyone else watches on, and anyone could tell that these two had a connection in a way. 

Ozpin: *while watching* I wish I could go back onto those simple times... *sighs sadly* But the past is the past, and these many years have passed could change people. 

Zane: Mhm. *crosses arms* You told me that before, time can change people. *looks to Ozpin* I am a example of it. (1)

Smoke changes the memory once again, and now it changes onto Ozma and Salem running away together from the castle while team RWBY passes through them like ghosts. 

Fu Hua: They escaped together from the lonely tower, and yet something bounded them together, because some point on that time. Ozma is ready to give his life for justice countless times on his lifetime, but now saw a woman worth saving it for. And Salem, to her own surprise, found her freedom she seek not in the outside world she had yearned for, but in the eyes of the man that had saved her.

Fu Hua can relate to it, because she used to love a man before. And by that, it costed something from her. Her ageless curse is more painful than the wounds she felt before. 

Salem: So, where should we go now?

Ozma: *offers his hand with a smile* Wherever you like. 

Fu Hua: The two fell deeply in love, planned adventures around the world, and lived happily ever after... But deep down, we all know that the world doesn't work in fairy tails. Reality is a cruel teacher.

The smoke changes the memory again, and now this time it shows Salem crying onto Ozma's unconscious body in his bed. Yupia and Qrow watches the memory with sympathy, Qrow had lost people he cared about. While Yupia? Her humanity is rarely shown, but she had lost her life she deserved before turning into a cyborg. 

Salem: *sobbing* How could the Gods let this happen? 

Ozpin watching on the sidelines frowned at the memory, who knew his death changed the course of Remnant? 

Fu Hua: Ozma has fell ill and shortly died from his own sickness. A legend and a fellow champion among the lands who slayed deadly beasts, died from a illness. 

While Yupia and Qrow watches on sympathy, they noticed 2 orbs made of magic slowly rising before them. Both orbs collided as Y/N and his team watches before it creates a white light, and the memory switches onto the temple of God of Light with Salem approaching towards it. 

Y/N: *realizes it* She's asking for the gods to revive him...?

Zane: *eyes soften and looks onto Salem who's walking down* Life is a endless cycle of living and fulfilling the purposes you seek, and death is part of life. Losing someone is painful and unbearable, but you need to live on and move on. That's what I learned from my many years of my career as a Huntsman. 

Qrow: *looks to Zane, surprised* Never thought a smart ass like you could give some life lessons. 

Zane: Mhm. *smirks to Zane before getting serious* But what did the gods do here Fu Hua...? 

Fu Hua: To her point of view, The Gods, brothers of light and darkness, creation and destruction. She prayed they would see the injustice that had befallen her love and make things right. As much I wanted to help... I cannot defy the god's orders, I never think for myself that much before... Until I start to have interest onto Alkaios... 

Team JNPR walks together and sees Salem entering onto the place where the God of Light rests and takes place. It was this moment that it brought down a mistake. 

Fu Hua: And this... This is where it set of events that will directly connects the present time today... 

Salem: *falling to her knees* Please bring him back to me... Champion of Light... Please...! 

The memory switches to Fu Hua looking to Salem in sympathy before nodding in understanding towards the said crying woman. She felt her pain as she kneels down onto Salem and looks to her with soft eyes. 

Fu Hua: *softly* I know the pain you feel, but I tell you this. I cannot assure you that if my master will agree to it. It's forbidden and strictly prohibited by our masters. 

Salem: *to Fu Hua, still in tears* Why can't you do it alone by yourself?

Fu Hua: *shakes head sadly* My powers and abilities are limited, but all I can tell is this... Life is a cycle of life and death, we do the things we like and spend our lives with our love ones. Death is part of life, we just need to move on. 

The memory switches into Salem on her knees, still in tears while in front of The God of Light. Earlier on, Fu Hua explained the situation and the context of why Salem is here in the first place. 

Fu Hua: *bowing down* That is all my master. 

God of Light: *to Salem* I understand your pain, but you demand of me that which I cannot make so. Life and death are part of a delicate balance.

Salem: So... You won't do it then...?

God of Light: To disrupt the cycle of--

Salem: *louder* But that's not fair... That's not fair!

Her voices echoes throughout his domain, before Fu Hua got into her fighting stance but her master speaks up first. The residence of beacon watches how the scene unfolds silently. 

God of Light: *sternly* Let. Him. Rest.

Fu Hua: But stubborn as she is and I have given her my warnings and words... She didn't listened, and becomes more persistent... Their love tore the world and the era I know...

The memory switches onto Salem standing onto the entrance of God of Darkness' domain, as Ruby and Jaune watches her from behind. 

Fu Hua: When she failed her wishes to my master, she then proceeds to the God of Darkness. None dared to enter his domain, for everyone knew the monstrosities emerging on his domain. So imagine their surprise when a lone woman came to their domain. 

As Salem entered the domain, the Champion of Darkness named Lanza steps down onto his guard post on the domain when he sees her approaching with a sad look on her face. He steps down as Yang and Ash watches on the sidelines. Needless to say they were still processing about the gods and the main origins of Remnant. 

Lanza: I see... So you want to reunite with you fallen ill husband yes?

Salem nodded with little hope on her eyes, before the masked samurai looks to his master who nodded in understanding. Salem offers Ozma's scepter towards the God of Darkness who raises his hand this time. 

God of Darkness: Very well. Rise, child, and let your faith in me be rewarded.

And shortly after that, the God of Darkness uses his own magic to revive Ozma who's now seen floating on the air. While the sequence continues, Zane and Ozpin are watching onto the memory sequence, while the said headmaster's eyes furrowed in the said memory. Yep it brought some unpleasant memories to him. 

Ozma: *gasps* Where am I? What is this?! WHERE AM I?!!

Salem: *smiles in relief* It's okay! Everything's going to be okay!

(play the music!)

Suddenly, the God of Light appears with his champion Fu Hua onto the dark domain of his younger brother. Lanza sees Fu Hua once again and beneath his intimidating mask, he's smiling when he got to see her again. 

Fu Hua: Even after all the hardships we went through just to serve our masters... We slowly realize that is it worth it to serve our masters...?

God of Light: *angered* What have you done? 

God of Darkness: I have done what I please, brother. You may bask in the powers of creation, but you do not own them.

He gestures to Lanza and all before he sends his champion a knowing look, which Lanza nodded and steps forward with katana on his hand. 

God of Light: *sternly* I will do what I must to maintain the balance.

The God of Light uses his own powers to fade Ozma from existence again as Salem gasps. Fu Hua looks alerted to what his master did. 

Salem: No! No! What did you do?! BRING HIM BACK!

God of Darkness: *to his brother, defiantly* You are called forth in creation, yet you don't give people who died in short life a second chance! 

God of Light: *to his younger brother, angered* DO not lecture me on creation! 

God of Darkness: *growling* REMIND me who created the darkness that almost took our creation? IT WAS your fault for turning them into enemies we swore to destroy!

God of Light: *hands clenches* It's a mistake that I WON'T ever repeat again. Champion, settle this. 

Fu Hua looks uncertain but she whips out her own sword before emitting a orange and yellow like divine aura and proceeds to step down towards to the ground. Both champions emits divine aura before they proceed to attack each other in blinding speeds. 

Before a bright blue colors intervened between two champions in that one moment. It reveals Alkaios gripping both Lanza's Katana and Fu Hua's sword, stopping them both before this goes further and worsen the situation. (2)

Fu Hua: Unlike the other champions I have met on my lifetime, Alkaios stood tall among them. Because he has one ability that we lack... Reason and his humanity. 

Alkaios: *sternly* What is the meaning of this? 

He lets go of Lanza's katana and Fu Hua's sword as both champions takes a step back, surprised on his revelation. The brother gods are taken aback by a another champion interference.

Lanza: *sheathing katana* The gods got into argument again, and they want us to settle it. 

Alkaios: What made them got into argument again? 

Fu Hua explained the whole context for everyone else including their masters. It started from Salem asking and begging to revive Ozpin and it reached to the point she gives in to God of Darkness this time.

Alkaios: *sighs beneath his helmet* For someone with the powers of gods and can control life and death, you two think like children. 

God of Light: *angered* What did you say human?

Alkaios: *to the gods* You are right about one thing, you created us and shaped us the way you wanted. We all praised you and assisted us onto where we are today, BUT! It doesn't mean you can control our lives the way you wanted. Instead of words of comfort and empathy, you instead made her emotional wounds sour. 

His words are making good points, hell even the God of Darkness understood it. Ironic coming from the god who made the Grimm. Lanza is enlightened by his wisdom while Fu Hua looks like she questions her existence, before Alkaios kneels down onto the conflicted Salem and lowers his helmet, revealing his face for the first time. 

And as expected, they see his sharp yet empathetic neon blue and violet eyes of his. He kneels down onto Salem and pats her shoulder gently. 

Alkaios: I know what it feels like to lose someone. *looks to Salem in sympathy* It's painful wound and it inflicts more damage than any stab or inflicted damage from magic. I know it sounds harsh but... It's time to move on, it's part of life after all. It maybe painful, but as long as you remember him, he won't leave you. 

Salem can tell that he's speaking from experience, his eyes never lie at all. His words of wisdom is slowly reaching to her, but her ignorance and her want to bring Ozma back took over more. 

Salem: *to Alkaios* But...Bring Ozma back to me... Please... 

Alkaios: *shakes head slowly in sympathy* I can't... 

Salem: *sniffles before her anger takes over* You... You monsters! Give him back to me! GIVE HIM BACK!!

She is about to unleash her magical abilities, but Alkaios formed his gloved gauntlet into fists and punches her face fused with magic this time. Alkaios sighs as he looks to the brother gods with slight defiance and anger towards them. 

Fu Hua: That time... His voices slowly reasoned out to the other champions of our era. He starts to make sense on us, even with all the hard works we did for our masters. They still see us as their tools...

The manifested memory switches into Lanza, Fu Hua and Alkaios on their champion attires talking to each other in a secluded area. A area where they used to talk in secret, that not even the gods are aware of. 

(Stop the music!)

Alkaios: *angry* The gods did what!?

Fu Hua: *A bit worried* Alkaios calm down...! They might hear us...

Alkaios took a deep breathe as he sits down to a nearby tree, while Lanza looks unfazed. But deep down he's somewhat questioning their masters. 

Fu Hua: He is angry on what the gods did to her. They cursed Salem immortality made by the gods, and my master prohibited me from revealing my true weapon that only Alkaios and Lanza knows. But from what I can tell, Alkaios is not only thinking about the present situation, he's thinking of the longer terms if this keeps up.

Lanza: You know Alkaios, your reasoning seems right after all. I asks the other champions and they have similar answers like yours. 

Fu Hua: I agree... Sure Salem is selfish on her most desired state at the moment... But why curse her out...?

Alkaios: That's because the gods don't understand us humans. *stands up from the tree* They see us as tools for their own needs. Sure we are keepers of balance, but not slaves from their deeds. We are free to live the way we wanted to. Hell why not the gods reunite Salem with Ozma on the afterlife? 

Lanza nodded in agreement about his statement while Fu Hua looks unsure about the rising conspiracy between their masters, but what he said is true though. 

Fu Hua: While we talk about the conspiracy and the problem that's growing between our masters, we failed to notice that Salem started a rebellion against us. It was that single action changed Remnant, and gave birth to a new era... A era without magic and the gods. 

The memory switches out Salem with the army she converged and joined on her side after manipulating them from her schemes to end and suffer the gods. And needless to say, she's somewhat good at it. 

Fu Hua: She wanted to make the gods pay and face the consequences... We have no choice but to fight the people we once we served to protect.

(Play the music!)

As the armies charges towards the domain of the gods completely boosted with their morale and willing to fight from Salem's manipulative schemes, their bravery was cut off when they heard loud dragon roar in the air. They were started to get burned by red flames, and it was revealed Lanza on his own pet dragon razing the army. 

While all of this happens, the residence of beacon watches in horror as they watch the champions murder and raze the people they swore to protect in cold blood. They see Fu Hua attacking the groups of sorcerers with her own sword and kills them one by one. 

Y/N: *shock slowly turns in anger* The gods ordered you all to wipe them out with no mercy...?

Ash: *fists tightens* For divine beings, they think like children... 

Yupia: *her visor dims down* Being forced to do orders you don't want to begin with... I can relate... 

Ozpin frowned at the sight he's seeing, his death and tragedy is the main reason why it all started. Zane stares silently at the onslaught while the other teams looks horrified. 

Fu Hua: Do not mistake me for this, I didn't not enjoy the killings but rather I have to do what must be done. The hardest and decisive choices comes with the most powerful will to do it and proceed to do so. We tried to reasoned but no... The gods forced us to kill the people we swore to defend. 

She stated sadly as the memory continues onto Alkaios revealing himself to the remaining ground forces. His helmet is masking his guilty and sad look, because he is going to kill them. Slowly but surely, the champions killed Salem's manipulated army one by one and it was Salem what's remaining onto the onslaught. 

Salem is about to use her own magic, but Alkaios throws his long sword towards her, piercing her guts as she screams in pain. Blood leaks over onto her wound as Alkaios approached her with pure intimidation and anger towards her. 

Alkaios: I do once pity you woman... *his helmet glares at her* But you are so selfish and arrogant. You do not deserve this life of yours, shame that the gods cursed you immortality. I would have you and Ozma reunite in afterlife. 

He pulls his long sword out of her wound as Salem collapsed and gasps before collapsing onto the ground. She maybe immortal, but she can still feel pain this whole time. She is indeed cursed. 

Fu Hua, Lanza and Alkaios looks onto the dead bodies they have slaughtered, blood dripping from their respective weaponry and they have made a massacre. Their gods appeared behind them in their dragon like forms once they were done dealing the onslaught. 

Alkaios: *turning back to them* Are you all satisfied on what you did? 

God of Light: It was a necessary sacrifice Chosen one. 

Alkaios: *scoffs* Necessary my ass, with all due respect o so called "gods", THIS would NEVER happen if we talked about this! But no! You cursed her with immortality and do you THINK she will learn from her mistakes!?

The gods were silent before the God of Darkness forms a black orb on the palm of his dragon hand. Lanza's eyes widen when he knew what kind of attack he will do this time. 

God of Darkness: We have come into conclusion... The world we once created does not need gods and divine beings no more... A hard reset will do.

The God of Darkness crushed the orb on his hands as Fu Hua, Lanza and Alkaios shielded themselves together from the devastating attack. And after the said reset of the whole Remnant, everyone is now gone aside from Salem of course. 

Salem: No... No... *eyes widen before looking back onto the gods and champions*

God of Darkness: You thought there was no greater punishment we could bestow upon you?

Salem: I'll come back. I'll tell the rest of the world of this massacre! Build a new army!

Fu Hua: *with sad expression* You do not understand... You are the only person left here on this world... You are the remains of what's left...

Salem looks shocked onto the revelation before the champions turned to their makers this time. Lanza speaks up this time. 

Lanza: So.... What now...? *looks to his masters*

God of Light: This planet was a beautiful experiment, but it is merely a remnant of what it once was. We will learn from this failure. I hope that you will learn from yours. Come with us. 

The God of Darkness looks unsure to his brother, but what happened next changed the course of Remnant forever. 

Fu Hua: No... *looks to her master* I refuse...

God of Light: ....What?

Fu Hua: *looks a bit sternly* I said I refuse! I am done doing your deeds even I do not like it or deserved to do it in the first place!

God of Light: *angered* You dare defy your own maker!?

Fu Hua: *gestures to empty domain* With all due respect look around you! You promised us prosperity but you forced us to kill the very people we swore to protect! 

This angered her make more and about to use his own magic, but the God of Darkness caught his hand and stopping his own brother. 

God of Darkness: Do you not realize it brother? Our own champions are slowly learning and taking responsibility even we do not remind them. They are no longer narrow minded creation we did, they are slowly becoming like people. 

His words is slowly reaching out towards his older brother as he lowers his hands, all though he is still bit angry on Fu Hua's defiance. The 2 gods looks back at the 3 champions staring at them. 

God of Darkness: Lanza my champion, do you wish to stay here?

Lanza: *nods* Well yes, aside from my responsibility... I like my fellow champions here. 

He stood tall with Alkaios and Fu Hua, and there they stood together and willing to defy their maker and got each other's back. The God of Light hummed as he looks to the champions. 

God of Light: You 3 have developed and become more than just our servants and champions. I cannot blame you for it, we are willing to let you 3 do your roles even we leave Remnant. 

God of Darkness: But... Such power cannot be left unchecked... We will put a... Failsafe for just in case. 

Both gods starts to pour their powers onto Fu Hua and Lanza, while Alkaios is just alerted and worried on they will do to his comrades. Fu Hua grunted as she held her head while Lanza holds onto his chest. 

Fu Hua: This is where we thought we were free from our chains... But it was a false hope... I was cursed with memory deletion every time I use my power to absolute limit. And as for Lanza... A failsafe onto his negative power that will affect his sanity slowly but surely...

Alkaios: *alerted* What did you do to them?

God of Light: We know that you can do your responsibilities without us, but as a failsafe we put some... Regulations on their powers even while we are gone. 

God of Darkness: You do what you wanted now, preserve the creation me and my brother have made. 

And after that, their makers slowly left and disappear from Remnant for sure. They watched their presence and aura fade off from existence as Salem screams in despair, but Lanza, Alkaios and Fu Hua watches the gods left Remnant. 

So this is the price of their defiance, cursed out and their future will be uncertain. 

- End of chapter

Author: See the numbers I put again? Let me explain it!

1. Zane is a reckless person before, but due to ever changing time and learning from their mistakes, he slowly becomes more intelligent, wise and experienced to trauma before. 

2. Alkaios stopping both Fu Hua and Lanza is a reference on Devil May Cry 5 where Nero stops Dante and Vergil from fighting each other again. 

That's all for now and see you all onto the next chapter! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.6K 869 26
[DISCONTINUED] Attention: This is an AU for both DOOM and RWBY. Some things will be altered or changed involving the protagonist and the lore of DOOM...
362K 4.3K 75
Your Name is Y/N L/N. You didn't know who you're parents are. Ozpin invited you to join Beacon academy to become a hunter. Or isn't? Deep inside, the...
40.8K 419 20
The story of Raiden Rose, Ruby's twin brother who was abused and wanted to run away from his family and start a new life or die trying. But all of th...
65.1K 1.4K 141
In the world of Remnant many stories and legends are considered nothing more then fairy tales. But to most people in this world, they know these fair...