My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
Fated, Not Destined
It's Okay
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

This Is Your New Home

348 18 0
By MadeenahJunaid

It was Monday morning. Lilah woke up early to prepare breakfast. She made salty and savory-flavored bacon, French toast, and fried eggs. She packed up the food and wrapped it in a shopping bag for Asher. Knowing he hardly eats at the office. He was about to step out when she perceived his earthy scent and stopped him.

“Hey, Asher.” Lilah stuttered. “I made this for you.”

His black eyes glittered, watching her with a fixed gaze. “You...”

“I figured you would be hungry so...” She stopped amidst her words, handing him the bag.

“Thank you,” Asher mumbled, staring at her as if he was surprised. Lilah looked away to avoid his gaze and, with no more words, turned his back to her, leaving.

Lilah smiled, watching him grab his high-quality suitcase before entering his shiny black Mercedes outside.

Tears clouded in her eyes as she peeped through the transparent window. A fulfilling feeling filled her heart, making her smile. He should have been happily married to Asena. Her face was beet red as she blushed. While Asher turned on his car and rolled his wheels out of the gigantic mansion.

At home, Lilah spent her time reading, just to keep herself busy. She hasn’t been able to visit her parents yet, let alone show up at their restaurant. She knew her fate right now, and that they would not welcome her unborn child. The only place safe for her is here, at the Rhys mansion. Lilah hated the fact that her presence would sometimes cause a stir to her in public places. And apart from Conan, she avoided some of the other members of their pack, like Selene Jordan, Conan’s mum, and some of his friends.

Meanwhile, Lilah is struggling inside. Nothing brings her joy, and she feels a disconnected sense of herself and boredom to where nothing can get her out of it. Although something pulls her towards Asher, she avoids him in the house like a plague. And most days, Lilah would just lie down and zone out for hours.

Amaya was a renowned lawyer and owned her firm. She’s always busy with unsettled cases, but she still finds time for her new daughter-in-law. Asher works endlessly at his communication company. Only Suzanne stays at home with Lilah, doing the house chores and attending to her needs.

Sometimes, everything feels like it’s too much, but she hoped to get out of this soon. Days grew into weeks and Lilah’s pregnancy was now eight months old. Walking down the stairs, a cloud of invisible doodling suddenly covered her face. She closed her eyes and her head felt as light as a feather swimming in an ocean. She leaned onto the stair handle, clutching her body against it but she stubbled. Lilah suddenly fell out of control.

She placed a hand on her head and the other on her chest, struggling with her breath that thickened. Just then, Asher walked out of the room and caught the sight.

“Lilah!” He rushed to her with the speed of lightning. Concerned. “Are you alright?... What happened?... Please, say something.”

She held him and it felt like she was going to burst into tears the next second. Yet she pulled out of his grip.

“Leave me... alone.”

She stood with both hands on the wall for support. Just then, her wobbling legs trembled, and her blue eyes fluttered shut. Lilah's heavy body tripped on the floor and everything instantly went black.

The soft sound of the thud lingered, and Asher turned back to her in unison. Then he rushed to her.

“Lilah!” Asher held her head before it touched the ground. Her eyes were closed, and he clenched her sad face into his bold palms.

“Lilah!” Asher called at her again. A solemn tear rolled out of the corner of her right eye.

Then Asher realized her closed eyes wouldn’t open. She was unconscious.

“No... Wake up, Lilah!” His voice quivered. Concerned that it might also affect the baby. “Wake up. Lilah! Stay with me!” He wiped off the tears with his thumb and her eyes gently opened to the motion.

“I am tired. I’m tired, Asher... I don’t belong here.” Her raspy voice stuttered and another drop of tear rolled over from her left eye. “I want to go home. I miss my family.”

Without wasting time, Asher swayed her slim body into his arms. Carrying her outside in a bridal style. Lilah felt like vanishing into thin air right that minute, but there was no choice. She just watched his rugged, serious face, dumbfounded. As if he was pissed, she was too, anyway.

Asher took her to the garden, placing her on a sunlounger to relax. His long fingers unbuttoned the first two pearly buttons of her shirt to take fresh hair. Lilah turned away, uninterested, unmoved.

“This is your new home, okay? So please, try to endure.” He muttered to her, placing her back to rest.

Then she pulled up, but Asher pinned her down with a hand on her shoulder. “Just rest.”

“I’m fine.” She replied, baffled at what had just happened. “It’s cold... I need to go inside.”

“Just relax. I’ll get you a blanket.” Asher urged and brought her a blanket at once.

Lilah wavered. The weight on her chest was still there.

“Are you okay?” Asher questioned while he took the deck chair.

Lilah nodded, “Yes.”

“What happened?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I just felt dizzy and my legs. Oh, my legs.” She tried touching them.

“What about your legs?”

“They’re sore. Can you help me stretch them a little?” Her heart sank at the words.

Disappointment plastered her face as she turned away, holding back the tears. She shouldn’t have asked him.

“Okay,” Asher replied as he started with her left leg.

She was muffled in pain.

“Is it painful?”

“Yeah.” She replied. “Go gentle.”

“What about now?”

“It’s still painful.”

“Uh, sorry.”

“Thanks, just help me massage here.” She pointed to her toes.

“Like this?”

“Yes, like that. Just like that.” She muttered with satisfaction, feeling better. Asher stretched her toes, rubbing the healing oil on her legs. Folding and stretching them out.

“Oh, my! You’re so good at this.” Lilah commented.

“Really?” He blushed. “Don’t make me laugh!”

“You’re already laughing.” Lilah laughed, and he joined.

“You should go out often to exercise.” He pointed out. “You could join me in the house gym whenever you want. I'll be your trainer.”

Amaya walked out, watching the both of them from a distance. She was dressed up in a silky green dress. As if going out.

“What are both of you doing?” She frowned, venturing closer to where they were.

The both of them turned to her with a plastered look.

“Umm... Lilah asked me to massage her legs.” Asher revealed, covering up the back story so she won’t be concerned.

“Really?”

“Yes, mum.” Lilah smiled.

“So, how are you feeling now?”

“Better.”

“That’s good. It’s okay, my dear, all this comes with pregnancy. Should I stay with you for the evening or?”

“No...” Lilah stuttered.

“No, mum. I won’t leave her side.” Asher promised. His words surprised Lilah. She just turned away with a blush.

“Okay, then. I want to visit a friend of mine on the next street.” Amaya told them. “I’ll be back before 7:00 p.m.”

“Okay, mum. Don’t stay long.” They chorused and looked at each other before turning away.

“I won’t.” Amaya smiled and left while Asher continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 62.6K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
67K 413 8
this is a werewolf swapped at birth story. imagine a baby dies at birth and its the alphas baby. a nurse freaks out and doesn't know what to do so sh...
2.5M 126K 34
| Highest Ranking in Werewolf: 9| Completed 4/10/2017 I watched him fall in love. I watched as he took her to places I had always wanted to go and d...
230K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...