SAVE ME

By Bethanystyles26

#1 in Christianstories - 10/2/23 #1 in bethel - 19/06/23 Morgan lost her mum and sister to a fatal accident a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Announcement
Promo Sale Ongoing
New Story Alert!

Chapter 22

73 9 0
By Bethanystyles26

Annabelle Dennis

I got inside the restaurant I will be meeting the decorator I booked online. I knew what he looked like so I looked around the restaurant in search of him but stopped when I saw someone waving at me from the far end of the restaurant.

He was wearing a white and black checkered shirt that had its sleeves rolled up. His blond hair was neatly gelled, and he had a thick-rimmed glass that sat on his pointed nose.

He has a nice physique, a chiseled jaw, green eyes, nice smile.

"Hello" I greet him when I was closer to him and he smiled at me.

"Hi, Miss Dennis, I am Elvis Davis" he greets, and oh my GOD, his voice sounded so deep and...

"Oh, just call me Ann. Nice to meet you, Elvis, how are you?" I asked when I settled down and got comfortable.

"I am doing just great, how about you?" he asked.

"I am doing alright, thank you" I answered.

A waiter came to take our order and he left.

"So, let's start?" I asked when the waiter left and she nodded his head.

"Okay, you said that you had the designs already?" he asked I nod then brought out the files out of my bag.

"Here you go" I handed it over to him and he collected it.

He went through them and I watched him do so. He is a really fine young man and I feel so giddy just being around him there was something at the pit of my stomach that I haven't felt in a really long time but what I feel now is better compared to how it was for me when I was younger.

I found myself checking him out and hoped that I didn't drool because if I got caught... just then, he looked up and I nearly choked on my spit but thankfully there was a glass of water in front of me so I took it and it calmed me down. When I met his eyes, I blushed at the fact that I got caught staring at him. Something I haven't done for a really long time.

I have seen equally handsome men but none caught my attention like this fine man in front of me did. I am not sure if he noticed that I was checking him out or maybe he decided to ignore that and focus on the business we had.

"These designs are great, why didn't you let whoever drew these be the ones who decorate for the event?" he asked looking impressed by Morgan's drawings.

I feel happy when someone shows happiness or appreciation for Morgan's work. It gives me joy that I can't explain.

"My little sister is the one behind those beautiful designs" I began and he smiled when I said that. He looked so cute when he smiles.

"But her exams started this week and I don't want anything that would distract her from reading. The decorators that I booked previously were involved in a mini accident and though they are getting better, I am not sure when they would be discharged" I explained to him and he nods his head.

"Okay, I get it. I do hope those guys are okay" he said and I grinned at how considerate and thoughtful he was. "I love all the designs I saw and I would love to meet your sister, she is a great designer" he compliments.

I was glad that he thought of it as good, I knew about how talented she was and that she would make a great interior designer.

"Sure, you'll get to meet her one of these days as we work together. She did tell me that she would be coming to assist in ways she can but that would be after her exams" I told him "My words though" he laughed.

His laugh is cute too and I tried my best not to gush over him like I wanted to.

"You seem like a really great older sister, your sister..."

"Morgan"

"Morgan, she is really a lucky girl," he said and I chuckled.

"I am lucky for having her in my life also," I say and he nods his head then we stared at each other.

No one said anything, we just stared as the seconds go by.

One... two... th-

"Here you go sir and ma'am" the waiter brought our order and we broke eye contact.

We thanked him and started eating.

"Yeah, so about the decorations" he began. And I listened to what he was saying.

We talked about the designs we thought would be okay, the price, and many other things related to the designs. When we concluded on the price and when he will start work, we shifted our conversation to other things like fashion, sports, food, places to travel, etc.

He loves football and basketball like I do but isn't a fan of tennis, he prefers golf to it. I enjoyed his company as we learned things about each other and how free we were to talk about anything. It felt like we have known each other for a really long time.

It was easy to talk to him and I liked it, he was also a devoted Christian and that made me feel so happy.

"This seems more like a date than a business meeting" he comments as he wipes his mouth with a napkin.

"You do love it," I said and he chuckled.

"Not going to lie, I did enjoy it and would love to do this again," he said and I grinned as I felt my cheeks warm "If you want to" he completes.

"Sure, I would love to" I accepted and his smile broaden which made him look ten times more handsome. I also noticed a dimple on each cheek and GOD... I love dimples.

This is too much to handle.

The waiter brought the bill and I took my purse to pay but he stopped me and said that he would pay. I insisted we split the bills but he says that he wanted to pay so I just allowed him to.

"So, it's settled already, I will start on Monday next week," he said when we left the restaurant and were walking to the parking lot.

"Okay, I will be expecting you," I said and he nods.

"The number you contacted me with isn't your personal number?"

"Yes, it isn't. it's the office number"

"Okay, let me have your number so that I can call you and we can fix up a day that we would be meeting again" he brought out his phone and gave me to type his number.

I typed it and gave it back to him when I saved my name to the number. We walked to my car and we talked for a while, he cracked a few jokes and I laughed so hard as I slapped my car roof lightly. He is funny and I feel happy about him. I just love how I am feeling now.

"Do you need a ride?" I asked him when we reached my car but he declined.

"My car is at the other end of the road," he said and I nod with a smile.

"Okay, I will see you later"

"You too dear" he replied and helped me to open the door so that I can get inside my car before shutting it when I was seated properly and I had my seat belt on.

"Bye," I say and started my car.

"Bye Ann" I revered my car and drove out of the parking lot and towards Gall Hall.

It has been a long time since I felt this way so it feels a bit new. It feels like I am a teenager once again, who just got noticed by her crush.

It's an amazing feeling and I guessed that's how Morgan feels about Ricardo and him the same. The way he looks at her when she isn't watching, how he plays with her hand, hair and always wanting to be with her.

That was exactly how my parents were before that tragic incident happened. I have always admired them and their relationship, I always wished... prayed for something beautiful for myself. They were so cute together, an amazing couple. My role models.

They told me their love stories whenever they get the chance to and as they speak of it, you could see and feel the bond they share was so strong and authentic. I loved it.

They were high school sweethearts but couldn't attend the same college because their parents weren't in support of their union even when there was much opposition, they still managed to stay in contact with each other they did admit it almost broke them up when mum heard dad was with someone else.

Their parents planned it all and they were so upset about it. I could remember mum's words.

... "I and David were so upset that our parents could go as far as pushing a girl to be with David so that we can be separated. They even wanted her to get pregnant for him so he would have no choice but to marry her" mum shook her head and smiled "But David had so much control and resist" she said.

"I am glad that we were able to get out of that compromising situation and still ended up with each other, loving each other till our end," dad said and mum giggled.

"We forgave them for all the things that they did to us," mum said as she stirred the soup on the stove.

"Because they apologized, right?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No dear" mum answered and switched off the stove before coming to meet me who had a confused look on my face. She sat on one of the kitchen stools beside me and took my hand in hers.

"Honey, you don't have to wait for someone to apologize before you forgive them" she began "To err is human and to forgive is Divine, whether you are a Christian or not, you should learn to forgive others, not just because they deserve it but because of your peace of mind and because JESUS wants us to forgive those who offend us, whether or not they are sorry," she said to me.

I looked at her and nod my head ...

My little mind couldn't understand then but when all the incidents of the past happened then, I started to understand what she truly meant. During my healing process, I was holding on to a lot of things, even with Aaron... it was too much for me to handle then but I am grateful to GOD that things fell into place soon.

I got to the hall and saw a bus parked in front of the hall. On the bus is written 'Fill's Plumbing Services'.

I went in the direction of the restroom and on my way there, I met some of the workers coming to and from the restroom area. I greet everyone that came to my path.

I further entered the restroom and saw that they had changed the tiles from their dull brown color to a light blue one that has these nice designs.

"Hey," I say to one of the guys packing tiles and he stopped by my side "Sorry, but is your boss around?" I asked and he nods.

"Yes"

"Where is he please?"

"Boss is in there" he points to the room before the restroom.

"Okay, thank you," I say and walked towards the room, as I was about to get to the door, a man who looks to be in his forties, wearing a brown overall that had 'Fill's Plumbing' on the breast pocket, just like the guys I saw carrying the tiles, came outside the room.

He had a toothpick in his mouth and I guessed that he was their boss. I walked towards him and greet him.

"Good afternoon" he greets back and I smiled.

"I am Ann Dennis" I introduced myself and he brought his hand for a handshake.

"Oh, Miss Dennis, nice to meet you, ma'am, I am Oliver Demitri," he said.

"Please call me Ann and I can see that you are doing a great job here" I compliment "You know, I was going to get someone to do something about the designs this restroom bared and with the leaking pipes, can't deal with that," I said.

"I know but it isn't much work, just a few pipes and tiles that needed changing" he shrugged and I smiled.

"It's great, did Mr. Roberto pick the color?" I asked and he looked confused as to what I just asked.

"Who is Mr. Roberto?" he asked and I frowned.

"My boss didn't order your services?" I asked looking confused myself.

If it wasn't Mr. Roberto, then who was it?

"Mr. Welburg, the man that ordered our services said that we should use whatever color we think is good" he shrugged then excused himself as he walked up to one of his staff.

I need to thank him then, I came here to see what else needed to be attended to before calling a plumber for this issue but he fixed that already. I am grateful and I will call him not to thank him for his kindness.

I switched on my phone and went to my contacts, as I was about to tap his contact to call him, a call came from Ricardo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 62 22
Wesley had always struggled with breaking away from his family's expectations, but now he's made a big decision that will change everything. He's fin...
2K 121 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
65.7K 2.1K 14
Khalid dragged Lawisa to the Study and pinned her to the wall fuming in anger. She have never seen this side of him, he's always been nice to her. W...
8.2K 3.1K 56
⋋✿ ✿⋌⋋✿ ✿⋌ The Supernatural Diaries Series: Book Two ⋋✿ ✿⋌⋋✿ ✿⋌ McCheynne College turned out to be more daunting than Radiance had expected. She ha...