SAVE ME

By Bethanystyles26

#1 in Christianstories - 10/2/23 #1 in bethel - 19/06/23 Morgan lost her mum and sister to a fatal accident a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Announcement
Promo Sale Ongoing
New Story Alert!

Chapter 21

60 11 0
By Bethanystyles26

Morgan Smith

I and Ricardo were on our way to school and I checked the time to see that it was nine thirty-eight so I took out my book from my bag and started revising. I asked Ricardo a few questions which he answered correctly. I gave some hints though.

Ricardo needed to get gas so we head for a gas station to get his tank full before continuing to school.

While we got the tank full, Ricardo excused himself saying that he wanted to get something from the store and use the bathroom too. I stayed in the car thinking about the person Ann and Ricardo were talking about before she left for her meeting.

"Did Richard somehow tell him about the message I showed him and he told Ann? Could that be the case Ann suddenly got worried about me then Ricardo told her not to panic but she should just be careful?" I asked myself and shook my head at those thoughts.

I don't even know what I am thinking about.

Ricardo has mentioned in the past about me having a wild and most times creative imagination in my head and sometimes I get a bit paranoid about little things, he could be right. Maybe I should stop overthinking and just tell Ricardo about the message because he will know about it one way or another and I want him to find out from me, Ann too.

I was lost in my thought that I didn't realize Ricardo had come back with a few goodies and was inside the car already.

"You okay babe?" he asked as he put on his seat belt and started the car engine.

"Yeah, I am," I told him and the car moved so I continued our revising.

"It's almost ten-thirty," he said and pulled over at the school parking lot.

"Yeah, let's go settle before exams start" we got out of his car and walked towards the hall where the exams were taking place.

After we settled, we kept revising and going through our notes.

"Ricardo, I want to tell you something" I began and when he turned to me, that was when our invigilator came in and gave us some instructions that were given yesterday.

We'll talk after the papers, okay?" I nodded.

Mr. Brooks shared the question paper and told us when we would all submit our sheet and that's in an hour and a half.

I read through the questions and a smile formed on my face. I looked at Ricardo and he was smiling at his paper too before turning his head to look at me. It was simple and I liked it.

I began answering the questions one after the order with a grin on my face.

... half an hour later ...

I looked at the time on my watch and it was seven minutes till the time was up so I cross-checked all my answers to ensure that I wrote them correctly and the ones that I couldn't answer earlier, I answered them although, number thirty-five and forty-two seem a bit tricky.

I was a bit confused about the answer to the question.

"You have two minutes to round off," Mr. Brooks said and I sighed.

I looked at the question and made a guess then tick the answer I guessed to be right.

"Alright guys, time's up. Put your pen beside your paper" he said and collected the answer sheet starting from the front of the class.

A few students at the back tried to scribble something down before he got to them and he roared.

"I said to put your pen beside your paper,"

I looked at Ricardo to see him already looking at me, I shrugged when he gave me a questioning nod. I think he saw how disturbed I looked.

When our answer sheets were collected, everyone began leaving the hall. Ricardo held my hand and took me to a corner so that everyone can go. When the crowd had reduced, we went out of the hall and towards the cafeteria.

"I saw how unsure you were, which of the questions were giving you a problem?" he asked when we settled in our usual seat.

"Number thirty-five and forty-two, I just had to guess which I thought was the answer when I heard him tell us how many minutes we had left" I shrugged and he just looked at me and then shook his head.

"I was expecting you to look at me, you know I would help you," he said.

"I know daddy but I am sure I did well. Those two questions can't spoil my result"

"Hmm... okay, what do you want to eat?" he asked me while looking around "Here comes George" he announced.

"Hey man," they shook hands and shared a hug, I hugged George when he turned to greet me "How are you doing Morgan?" he asked and I smiled in response.

"Fine, fine as you can see, how about you?" I asked him.

"I am doing great, how was the exam?" he directed the question at both of us.

"It was great," I and Ricardo said at the same time and chuckled.

"How was yours? I am guessing it was good with all the excitement written on your face" I say to him and took some fries from his tray.

"You are right, it was lit," he said then playfully slapped my hand when I was going for more fries "Go get yours," he said and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Ow!" I glared at him "Very mature" I say.

"I guess they decided to bring in good food today or the caterer was changed," Ricardo said and we shrugged.

"Seems like the same woman, maybe she is in a good mood and decides to do something special," George said.

"Whatever, I am getting fries, what should I get you?" I asked Ricardo and brought out my purse.

"Fries and whatever that is good there" he responded and I nod my head then stood up, I was about to leave when George stopped me.

"Get me another pack of fries, you can make it three or four," he said and I shook my head.

"I still wonder why you and Amelie aren't together yet, you both will make a perfect couple," I say to him and go to get our food.

There was a line when I got closer and I quickly went towards the last person on the line and then stood behind him. It was Ahmed, he turned and smiled at me and I smiled at him too.

It has been almost four minutes since I was standing in the line and it didn't look like it was going to move, it was majorly because some of those big guys in school were intimidating some of the smaller students because of their height. I find it mean and unnecessary, they could have just waited in line like we all are doing instead of pulling such a stunt

Suddenly there was a commotion at the entrance of the cafeteria, close to where the queue is. I didn't understand what was going on but I could see Aubrey the school president arguing with Daniel the basketball team captain.

"No! Daniel, you will not do such a thing" she said.

"Why? Cause you're the 'School President'? what will you do?" he asked looking so irritated and annoyed as he took slow steps towards her but Aubrey didn't let that make her feel intimidated as she stood her ground and pointed a finger at his chest.

She whispered something to him and I could hardly pick out what she said, I am guessing that she wanted only him to hear it that's why she said it so low and he looked amused with what she said.

The line started to move and I moved forward as I thanked GOD in my mind. They would solve whatever is it that's between them.

When I moved a step further, I felt a scalding hot liquid on my back and a small yelp escaped my lips.

Ricardo White

"So, what's up man?" I asked George when Morgan left to get us our food.

"Good, good man" he replied and was rubbing the tip of his finger around his coffee cup.

He sure doesn't look fine, I know it. We've been friends for a really long time and when he replies, the way he just did I always know that he isn't okay.

"George, you know what I mean, I know you so well man"

"She... can we talk about this later?" he asked and I could see how uncomfortable looked when he said it.

"My place, tomorrow night?" I asked and he nods.

"Cook me something, okay?" he said and I snort.

"In your dreams princess and I am not pi-" I was interrupted by a commotion that was happening by the cafeteria doorway, close to the queue.

It was Aubrey and Daniel... again. 'When will those two ever settle whatever is going on between them?' I asked within and shook my head.

I saw Morgan in the queue and she was watching them go back and forth then the line moved and she followed along.

Aubrey said something to Daniel when he moved closer to her but I guess it was supposed to make him angry he looked amused instead which angered her. She turned around and took a slice of bread from someone's tray then threw it at Daniel which he dodged she didn't look pleased that it didn't meet him so she sought another thing to throw at him.

A girl was passing by with a cup of coffee in her hand and it happened so fast as Aubrey snatched it from the girl's hand and threw it at Daniel he dodged it again but it went directly to Morgan's back as she yelps in pain when it came in contact with her back.

I could see the sorry look she had on her face when she realized what she did and I didn't wait for her to walk to Morgan since I sprang from my seat and ran towards a still-standing Morgan.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she whimpered.

I know I shouldn't ask but I just wanted to ask her that. I really don't know how hot that coffee was and what pain she is in now.

I held her hand in mine and began walking her out of the cafeteria.

"Oh my GOD Morgan, I am so sorry, I never meant to do that to y-" I stopped her and Morgan just waved it off saying it's fine. But it wasn't.

I was going to signal to George to bring our bags but he was already beside me with the bags as we made our way to the school clinic.

"Let's head for the clinic first to avoid any more damage," George said and I nod.

"We are going there, let's get there babe," I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 266 12
Emma can't wait to get to college and leave all of her bitter high school memories behind. Especially the one who broke her heart and made the rest o...
3.9K 413 22
𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺...
65.7K 2.1K 14
Khalid dragged Lawisa to the Study and pinned her to the wall fuming in anger. She have never seen this side of him, he's always been nice to her. W...
141K 14.9K 26
Sold for nothing, bought at a price. Where is God when it hurts the most? Sisi knows a thing or two about pain. Given away in a child marriage by t...