執拗な神々

By _CutieAra_

Please read the summary for further information. More

Summary
Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 9
Ch 10
Ch 11
Ch 12
Ch 13
Ch 14
Ch 15
Ch 16
Ch 17
Ch 18
Ch 19
Ch 20
Ch 21
Ch 22
Ch 23
Ch 24
Ch 25
Ch 26
Ch 27
Ch 28
Ch 29
Ch 30
Ch 31
Ch 32
Ch 33
Ch 34
Ch 35
Ch 36
Ch 37
Ch 38
Ch 39
Ch 40
Ch 41
Ch 42
Ch 43
Ch 44
Ch 45
Ch 46
Ch 47
Ch 48
Ch 49
Ch 50
Ch 51
Ch 52
Ch 53
Ch 54
Ch 55
Ch 56
Ch 57
Ch 58
Ch 60
Ch 61
Ch 62
Ch 63
Ch 64
Ch 65
Ch 66

Ch 59

4.3K 256 63
By _CutieAra_

Noah contacted me to say that he did a good job delivering the letter. And a few days later, I got Kyle’s reply that he’d stop by the temple.

‘When there’s a threat to be eliminated, a proper pact with allies would be a good idea.’

My efforts have recently given me pleasure.

As far as I can tell, the Deviamon Guild had drawn their sword and targeted the Queen. They couldn’t leave the Queen alone when she divulged such sensitive information about themselves.

‘The alienation technique is a success!’

I was also able to apprehend the assassin who infiltrated the temple and attacked Daisy using the Thieves Guild information I obtained from Noah.

Noah made a significant contribution.

Noah was exacting his revenge on Alberto.

With a light heart, I went out and bought a book.

First and foremost, now that the first step has been completed, I thought I’d shift my focus to something else for a while. I wore the light clothes that Daisy used to wear.

Daisy was given the task of building a nest for the egg.

Ciel seemed to be competitive with the egg, as they kept trying to bless me every time I petted it, so Daisy is mainly in charge of handling the egg.

I delved into the slightly gloomy corner I’d noticed before. After walking for about 10 minutes, I reached the ruins I had discovered before.

“……”

It wasn’t just a location within the vast temple.

Some buildings appeared to be abandoned warehouses, as well as areas where only ashes remain.

A small garden stood in front of me. However, all of the flowers were dug up and the grass was yellow and dry. It was a two or three-square-meter space in terms of square footage.

The reason I came here was to test my powers that had manifested in the past.

The incredible power I witnessed while purifying the rock on the hunting grounds with Kyle.

“……”

I removed the pendant for a moment, closed my eyes, and placed my hand on the dry soil.

The effectiveness of the divine power has been proven many times. I saved a dying animal as well as two dying people.

Then, what about plants?

I poured it into the ground, feeling a tremendous surge of divine power.

It trickled and absorbed into the ground as if it were a liquid entering an empty barrel.

And when I opened my eyes, I opened my mouth without realizing it.

“It’s a huge success.”

The fraud-level ability turned out to be correct. The dry grassy ground in front of my eyes was transformed into a flower garden.

Perhaps the seeds that had fallen to the ground bloomed quickly. Sacred powers heal animals and humans, and they cause plants to grow.

“I think a flower shop would be okay.”

The more industries you can work in, the better. Imagining my life as a land owner + self-employed person, I admired my ability.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

As the red sunset went away, Daisy and I walked down the hallway to the outdoor patio. Because Reyhas requested that we have dinner together today.

When I walked in, Reyhas, who was dressed in a white uniform, stood up from his seat.

His blonde hair swayed gently in the breeze, and his golden eyes gleamed red in the setting sun.

I took a quick glance at the choker that didn’t match his uniform.

[Monde, the God of Art, looks at Reyhas with a pleased expression]

[Oman, the God of Benevolence, is very fond of his necklace]

The temple dishes were laid out on a white cloth-covered table, but the setup was simple enough not to be considered a dinner party.

“Have you waited long?”

“No.”

When I sat down, he followed suit.

After a brief greeting, I took up a spoon and sampled the soup. It was a flavorful crab meat soup with a spicy kick.

I could hear the violin somewhere. Perhaps the priests are playing it in the garden.

As I was looking out of the terrace for a while, Reyhas’ voice came into my ears,

“There will be no more blasphemous rumors.”

Daisy’s throat certainly stiffened these days. It seemed as though the voices that talked about me both inside and outside of the temple had quieted down.

I clearly showed my powers in front of others with the Holy Sphere last time.

“Is that so?”

It was, however, not peaceful. I feel like the seat I’m sitting on is not mine

“Of course, even after witnessing your divine powers, there were still distrustful priests who spoke impure words.”

He said while cutting the meat with a knife,

“There are none left, so you won’t be bothered.”

My gaze was brought to the handle of the longsword in a scabbard, which was always hung around his waist.

How could anyone imagine that the angelic-looking High Priest would possess such tenacity in his hands?

As I remembered Annie’s demise, I felt a chill up my spine.

His red lips moved as he chewed on the meat and salad. When his protruding Adam’s Apple shook, so did the choker.

I watched him as if I were possessed for a moment before continuing to eat.

“I didn’t ask for this story, but I’m suddenly intrigued.”

I heard his voice again,

“When did your divine powers emerge?”

I didn’t want to say much, but I tried to remain calm in this difficult situation. I then opened my mouth with a blank expression,

“It wasn’t all that long ago.”

It was also something I have to answer someday.

“And the reason I kept it from Sir Reyhas…”

He was once deceived from the Holy Sphere by purchasing a pendant that conceals one’s divine powers.

“I did develop my divine powers, but I never considered myself as a real saint.”

He was staring at me silently, listening to what I said.

I kept my voice calm and continued to speak,

“That thought is still with me.”

Then I picked up the fork again and ate the salad.

Reyhas hadn’t held the tableware for a long time before parting his lips,

“Even though you have divine powers, you still regard yourself as a fake saint.”

His low voice struck my ears.

Of course, he may think it makes no sense. But his answer was unexpected,

“There must be a reason why you believe that.”

“……”

“And you won’t tell me why.”

I was aware of his intense gaze, but I did not respond. And then I heard him raise his knife again a long time later.

Clank, he started cutting the meat. The choker shook once more.

He opened his mouth again,

“Thank you for being honest, Ariel.”

His voice made my throat tingle for no reason.

What is Reyhas thinking right now?

I glanced up and looked at his face.

“But apart from being grateful.”

His cold golden eyes were fixed on me. His red lips parted and he uttered in a firm voice,

“I have no intention of letting you go.”

His gaze, which was intertwined with mine, was filled with a burning obsession.

“Nothing has changed between the time you were a fake saint with no powers and now.”

His lips made a smile. It was a lovely one, but I had a strange feeling about it.

“This is your home, Ariel.”

I hurriedly dropped my gaze away from him and sipped the wine from the wine glass. The sour grape scent lingered on the tip of my nose for a long time.

He reached out and touched the choker with his long fingers.

“You are the master of this temple after all. And I’m your…”

Suddenly, a strong wind blew and the plants on the terrace swayed, scattering the words formed at the end of his sentence, so I couldn’t hear them.

His swaying gaze fell on me for a long time like a beast that would bite if his master abandoned him, he then picked up the tableware and continued to eat.

[Oman, the God of Benevolence, reduces the price of the whip to 250 francs]

Oh, it’s okay.

Raising a demon egg is enough.

I kept eating firmly, dismissing Reyhas’ obsessive gaze. Each time the choker shook, my hand would flinch automatically. I think it would’ve been more preferable for him to be in incarceration mode.

Instead of those golden eyes pleading with me to force him to do something.

“Oh yeah. Are you finished with your preparations for tomorrow?”

To divert the conversation, I brought up a recent issue.

At my words, Reyhas closed his lips for a moment, thought about it, and then said,

“I’m asking you again, do you really want to go?”

I nodded.

“Still, it’s His Majesty’s personal letter.”

Reyhas said with a firm look at my words,

“There are benefits to your change, but there are also drawbacks.”

“Please prepare well for tomorrow, Sir Reyhas.”

I received a letter from the Emperor asking for a visit to confirm if what was growing in the Queen’s womb was a real baby.

‘The pregnant Queen needs God’s blessing.’

It was a plausible phrase.

The set-up trap was finally reacting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 423 26
It starts off with the cliche parents death, abusive brother/pack, rejected by mate, runs away to different pack, mate gets mate.
442K 11.1K 104
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐱𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞...
1K 54 14
Baby just read 🩷 Comment your thoughts 🩷 Follow if you want to 🩷 Like if you like it 🩷 Love you all 🩷
1.8K 48 19
One Woman. Four incredibly obsessed men. What could possibly go wrong?