DREAM, rosalie hale [1]

By IMPER1UM

IN WHICH. . . Rosalie Hale never expected for her biggest dream to ever be possible in her eternity. [ TWILIG... More

PREFACE
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
EPILOGUE.

1.

21.8K 411 80
By IMPER1UM

LEAVING Baltimore felt slightly bittersweet. It was a solid forty-three degrees out - beautiful for the month of January and very unusual. Elexia took it as a sign that Baltimore was saying it's goodbyes to her. It was nice enough out for her to be in a white tube top with creme colored sweatpants.

Forks was a clean slate for her. Sure, it rained a lot there, but Elexia enjoyed the rain. It was peaceful to her. And, she would be with her dad. That's all she could really ask for. He was supportive of her. More than anyone. He was her best friend, and she was finally getting him back.

"Lexa, I'll miss you too much. Please don't go. We can turn around right now. Don't worry about refunding the ticket." Elexia's mom, Abbie, told her as they got to the boarding area. Her hand was clasped tightly in her mother's. People had always said Elexia looked just like her mother.

"Mom, I want to go. I need to." Elexia smiled sadly. "Baltimore doesn't feel like home anymore."

Abbie sighed, tears pooling her eyes. "Come visit me all the time, okay? And always call, every night. Please."

"I will, Mom. Promise."

Elexia gave Abbie one last tight hug before the blonde boarded the plane, and it all became real for her. For both of them.

It was a five-hour, fifty-minute flight from Baltimore to Seattle, and then another three and a half hour drive from Seattle airport to her house. Most people took another small plane to Port Angeles, but Elexia liked car rides, so she decided to have her father drive her from Seattle to Forks.

She was so excited to see her father and catch up with him. He was so excited to finally have his daughter living under the same roof as him, full-time, instead of seeing her for a week at a time every few months.

Once Elexia landed, she quickly grabbed her bags and made her way to where she knew her father was waiting. Immediately, she was engulfed in a big hug the second she was in arms reach from Austin.

"I missed you so much," His voice was muffled from being pushed into her sweatshirt (which she had slipped on during the plane ride), but Elexia managed to hear that he was choked up.

"Dad, don't cry on me." Elexia chuckled. "I missed you, too. But, we'll never have to miss each other again."

"I know, I know," He laughed a bit along with her as they pulled apart from the hug. "How's your mother?"

"Mom's good." Elexia just gave a small nod.

Elexia and Austin got all of her bags squeezed into the car, and finally got into the driver and passenger seats to take on the next three and a half hours of driving.

"Your car should be shipped to the house by the time we get there, so you don't have to worry about walking to school, or me driving you."

"Oh, thank god. I wasn't about to get soaked in the rain, but I also wasn't about to have my father drive me to school." Elexia teased. She had her own car that she bought back in Maryland and paid to have shipped to Forks - a black Nissan Maxima.

Austin simply rolled his eyes, playing along with her teasing. She really was her father's daughter.

Elexia and Austin talked mostly for the next few hours - mostly about shows and movies, and about how she was nervous to start up school. They finally made it home, and Elexia let out a sigh of relief. Sure, she liked car rides, but they were always tiring at the end.

The house they lived in was a two-bedroom, two bathroom, beige colored house and Elexia loved it. In the driveway, was her car and she smiled at the sight. Austin was too busy getting her bags from the car. All Elexia grabbed was her two carry-ons.

Austin groaned as he walked up to where she was standing, "You couldn't have grabbed at least one bag, Lexa?"

Elexia shrugged, smiling false-sweet as she lifted her two carry-ons, on her arms. Austin just rolled his eyes, walking to the front door. She did actually help him to bring her bags into her room, though.

The floor in her room was carpeted - grey carpet - with lilac walls. A full-sized bed sat in the middle of the room. She had the same one her whole life up until she was 11, which during one trip at her dad's, they decided she was ready for a new bed. The new one was white with a cushioned headboard with a matching dresser across from it. There was also a closet, that she knew had old childhood memories in. She hoped to rummage through that for nostalgia; but it was too overcrowded in that small closet, she probably would never get to it.

She threw her carry-ons onto the bed and set the suitcases at the footboard of her bed, to unpack later. Elexia then threw herself onto the bed, smiling with her eyes closed against the fluffy grey comforter.

The bathroom which would now be hers, was just a small, regular old bathroom (that she was definitely going to personalize once she got settled in).

Austin gave Elexia a kiss on the forehead and a "call me if you need me" before giving her space to unpack and rest after her long trip.

The blonde girl did her best to take a nap, but her anxiety prevented her from doing so. All she could think about was how her first day of school was going to go. There was only just over three-hundred kids in that school, and they all already knew each other and their families knew each other. Forks was so small, no one new moved there.

At least she would have Isabella - Bella - Swan, the other new girl, to hopefully alleviate some of her anxiety. She already knew Bella, from a couple times when they were kids, both visiting their fathers. Charlie Swan, Bella's dad, was Elexia's dad's best friend.

Instead of napping, Elexia took to unpacking. When she finished putting the last piece of clothing into her dresser, she moved onto the bathroom, deciding to do that personalization now, rather than later.

Alas, even in the bathroom, Elexia ended up sitting on the floor, overthinking again. Even in Maryland, she never had any friends. She just never fit in with people her age. Now, especially at a whole new school, she had no idea how she was going to survive. And, she was.. different.

A few tears slipped from her eyes as she sat with her knees up to her chest, her cheek resting on them.

A couple minutes later, her father walked past the bathroom, running in when he saw his daughter's state. He quickly engulfed her in a hug, knowing about her anxiety disorder. The most comfort for her was just hugging, little to no talking when she got in these states.

All he whispered out was, "It's going to be okay."

Elexia did not get a good night's sleep. At all. She was haunted by the thoughts of school all night.

When she awoke, it was foggy out. To be expected. She loved rain, hated fog.

The blond ate breakfast with her father, pancakes and bacon, and she expressed her feelings to him, to which he admitted he wasn't sure how to make her feel better. She appreciated his honesty - instead of him giving her some cheesy advice. All he knew was, he would be there for his daughter no matter what and that definitely brought her some comfort.

Eventually, Austin had to leave to head to work, and Elexia was left alone with her thoughts for a bit.

It was time to leave for school, and Elexia was absolutely dreading it. Her hair was left natural, she was in jeans and a white tank top. She threw her white fuzzy sweatshirt on and walked out the front door. It was drizzling a bit out - a feeling she welcomed.

She locked the door and got into her car. For a moment, her eyes welled in tears whilst she gripped the steering wheel. Her car still smelled like her old home and it just reminded her even more how much she was dreading school.

Forks High School was just off the highway, and it didn't take long for Elexia to find it. It looked nice. That was all she could say. She parked in front of the front office building, where a reddish-orange truck was parked - she assumed it was Bella Swan's.

Inside was a small office, and she saw the brunette making her way out as she came in. Elexia smiled at her, and all Bella gave back was an awkward half-smile.

Elexia sighed and walked to the front desk, where a red-haired woman sat. "Can I help you?"

"I'm Elexia Reedus," The blonde informed. Judging by the woman's face, she knew exactly who Elexia was and probably knew who Bella was, too. Especially since they were both daughters of the Chiefs of the Fire Department and the Police.

"Oh, yes," She smiled. "Here is your schedule and a map of the school." The woman handed Elexia two slips of paper. She gave a walk-through of her classes and also gave a slip for each teacher to sign and bring back by the end of the day. She gave one last smile and wished her a good day. Elexia smiled politely back and left the office.

She found Bella standing by the door, waiting for her. Elexia appreciated this.

When the blonde and brunette duo exited the office, other students started to arrive. Both girls got back in their vehicles, to park in actual parking spots. A shiny Volvo stuck out to Elexia and she rolled her eyes.

Elexia's heart was beating fast as ever as she exited her car, walking to where Bella was coming out of her truck.

"Hey," Bella said, awkwardly.

"Hi. Thank you for waiting for me," Elexia smiled. She remembered from when they were kids that Bella didn't really like affectionate arm or back strokes, so the blonde refrained from doing so. "I really appreciate it. I'm super anxious and I was hoping that you would like to accompany me today, for as long as we can, anyway. I know we were never incredibly close, but we could still support each other, with the move and everything."

"Yeah.. yeah, that- that would be nice." Bella nodded, stumbling over her words often. Elexia smiled again.

The two girls realized they had the same first period, in building three - relief for the both of them. The classroom was small. The people in front of Bella and Elexia hung their coats up on hooks. Bella copied, Elexia didn't - opting to keep her white sweatshirt on.

Both of them walked to the teacher's desk, whose name was Mr. Mason. He gawked at them when he saw their names and Elexia's skin crawled, where Bella's cheeks went red.

They got their slips signed before walking to the back of the class, while everyone stared straight at them, like they were aliens.

The bell eventually rang - after the most boring class of Elexia's life. She hated the sound of the bell and she jumped every time.

"You're Isabella Swan and Elexia Reedus, right?" A boy asked them, pronouncing Elexia's name wrong.

"Bella," She corrected, and everyone turned to look at them.

"And it's Elexia," The blonde answered as politely as she possibly could with the correct pronunciation of her name.

He nodded. "What are your next classes?"

Bella checked her bag, "Um, Government, with Jefferson, in building six."

Elexia looked at her own paper. "History with Mrs. Stein."

"Oh, Elexia, I have the same class as you. And Bella, I could show you the way. . . ." He offered. Elexia appreciated the help, but she really didn't want to talk. "I'm Eric," he added.

Bella smiled awkwardly. "Thanks."

Eric and Bella both grabbed their jackets and with Elexia, they headed back outside into the rain.

"So, this is a lot different than Phoenix and Baltimore, huh?" he asked. Elexia wondered how he knew where they were from. Gossip definitely got around in this school.

"Very." Bella answered. Elexia just nodded.

"It doesn't rain much in Phoenix, does it?"

"Three or four times a year."

"Wow, what must that be like?" he wondered.

"Sunny," Bella told him.

"You don't look very tan." Elexia mentally facepalmed at this.

"My mother is part albino." Bella replied, and Elexia smiled to herself. Smart answer, she thought.

Eric studied Bella's face apprehensively, and she sighed.

They walked back to the cafeteria, to the south buildings by the gym. Eric walked Bella right to the door, even though the number was clearly on it.

"Well, good luck," he said as Bella turned the doorknob. "Maybe we'll have other classes together."

Bella gave another one of her classic awkward smiles.

Elexia just smiled at Bella, and gave her a thumbs up before the brunette entered her class.

The blonde's morning passed the same as her first class - boring and dragged out.

After about two classes, she started to recognize some faces, proving to her how small the school actually was. In Baltimore, you're lucky if you were to recognize even one person in more than one class. People always looked at her, and there was always one person who attempted to talk to her.

There was one girl who was in Elexia's last class before lunch who gave the blue-eyed girl an invitation to sit with her group during lunch, also telling her Bella would be there, as she was in two of her classes, as well. Her name was Jessica. Elexia didn't exactly like her, but it was something to know someone besides Bella (and, she guessed, Eric.)

They sat in a round table with the rest of Jessica's friends, Elexia feeling self conscious and left out. Eric waved to them from across the cafeteria.

When Elexia looked over, there they were. They had just walked in and sat down with their trays.

There were five of them, and Elexia couldn't seem to rip her eyes away.

None of them looked alike. There were three boys - one was big, and looked like a polar bear. He had jet black hair and huge muscles. There was another, he was tall but not muscular, and had unruly golden blond hair. The last one had a similar body type to the blond, except he had bronze-ish brown hair.

The two girls were breathtaking; especially the blonde. She seemed to be about average height, maybe an inch shorter or taller than Elexia. She looked like a complete model and she was absolutely, by far, the most beautiful human being Elexia had ever seen. It felt like the air was ripped from her lungs when she laid eyes on this beautiful stranger. She thought, it must've been illegal to be so beautiful.

The other girl, was a bit shorter and she reminded Elexia of a fairy, or pixie. Her features were delicate, with short jet black hair, like the bear-looking one.

They looked so different from each other, but somehow, they still looked alike. They were incredibly pale and had extremely dark eyes that appeared black. And each of them had perfectly straight and symmetrical features.

There was an argument between the two girls - the blonde one seemingly getting frustrated. The pixie-like one stood up, with her tray in hand - uneaten food and unopened drink - and threw it out before going out of the back door. But, Elexia's eyes weren't on her for long - they drifted back to the perfect blonde, who was now tense as ever.

"Who are they?" She heard Bella ask from beside her. Elexia listened in, curious, but left her eyes on the blonde girl.

Jessica perked up and just as she did, Elexia's dream girl looked her directly in the eyes before looking away quicker than Elexia could think. She was suddenly anxious now, and dropped her gaze from the dark eyed girl.

"They are Edward and Emmett Cullen, and Rosalie and Jasper Hale. The one who left was Alice Cullen; they all live together with Dr. Cullen and his wife." Jessica said this quietly.

Elexia glanced sideways at the beautiful girl, who was looking down at her tray, talking quietly to the three boys.

They all had nice names, except for Edward. Rosalie was a particularly beautiful name and it definitely fit the beautiful girl. Alice was beautiful too and also fit her.

"They are . . . very nice-looking." Bella stumbled out.

"Yes!" Jessica agreed, giggling. "Alice and Jasper are together though - and it's rumored that Emmett and Rosalie might be, too. And they live together." Her voice was shocked. Elexia admitted to herself that she was shocked, too.

"Which ones are the Cullens?" Bella asked. "They don't looked related. . . ."

"Oh, they're not. Dr. Cullen is really young, in his twenties or early thirties. They're all adopted. The Hales are brother and sister, twins - the blondes - and they're foster children."

"They look a little old for foster children." Bella noted.

"They are now, Jasper and Rosalie are both eighteen, but they've been with Mrs. Cullen since they were eight. She's their aunt or something like that."

"That's really sweet, that Dr. and Mrs. Cullen took them all in like that. It couldn't have been easy, since they're both young, too." Elexia finally spoke, and Bella nodded in agreement.

"I guess so," Jessica admitted reluctantly, seemingly not a fan of the family. She seemed jealous. "I think that Mrs. Cullen can't have any kids, though," She added. Elexia didn't think that was relevant to the conversation - especially not in the tone Jessica said it.

Elexia's eyes kept unwillingly drifting back to the table of the beautiful family. She was fascinated with them.

"Have they always lived in Forks?" Bella asked.

"No," Jessica said. "They just moved down two years ago from somewhere in Alaska."

So Forks did get new people besides herself and Bella, Elexia thought.

Rosalie's eyes met Elexia's gaze again, this time not looking away. It was Elexia's turn to swiftly glance away now.

"Which one is the boy with the reddish brown hair?" Bella asked. Elexia smirked softly, seems as if she had a crush, too. She hoped for Bella's sake, he was the one that wasn't in a relationship.

Rosalie was still staring at Elexia, but not in a way that any of the other students had today. She still had that annoyed look on her face. Elexia felt self-conscious. Now she thought that the pretty girl had been annoyed at her from her previous staring.

"That's Edward. He's gorgeous, of course, but don't waste your time. He doesn't date. Apparently, none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him." Jessica sniffed, clearly having been turned down by him.

Elexia looked back over at Rosalie, who now had a soft smirk on her face, looking at Edward.

After a few more minutes, the Cullens and Hales left the table together. Rosalie never looked at Elexia again.

Jessica had next period with Elexia, chemistry. They walked to class together awkwardly, the brunette having given up on small talk with Elexia.

When they entered the room, Jessica quickly walked to her table. She already had a partner. Everybody did - except one girl. Rosalie Hale.

Elexia walked to the teacher to get her slip signed, and she took nervous glances at Rosalie, who didn't seem too fond of her. She was looking at her too, frustrated look on her face; which Elexia took note that was slightly different from her annoyed face.

The teacher signed her slip and handed her a book. She sent her to sit next to Rosalie, which Elexia dreaded.

She awkwardly set her book on the table, making it her mission to not look at the girl at all as she sat down. It seemed like Rosalie had a similar mission. As if Elexia wasn't already anxious, now she felt her throat become all tight and nausea creeped in. Her hand rested on her stomach and Rosalie peered down at it.

Elexia took notes as the teacher talked, doing everything she could to distract herself. Throughout the class, Rosalie's frustrated and uncomfortable expression remained, eyebrows pulled tight with pursed lips. Somehow, she was still perfect.

Chemistry dragged. Not that the other classes didn't, but this one was even worse. Elexia assumed it was because it was the end of the day, and also because of the anxiety of being next to Rosalie. Perhaps Jessica had reason to dislike this family, besides Edward rejecting her.

Elexia overthought why Rosalie was acting this way towards her. She didn't do anything. Rosalie didn't even know her. How could she hate someone she doesn't know?

She looked at Rosalie, and she regretted it instantly. She was staring right back at her. Tears welled up in Elexia's eyes and she could've sworn she saw Rosalie's soften.

The bell rang at this moment and Elexia ran out of her seat, not caring if everyone found her unusual or weird for it. She was not about to show Rosalie and the rest of the class that she was crying.

The second she was in the crowded hallway, the tears flowed freely from her eyes as she hung her head. She kept her sobs silent. She saw Bella in the hallway and jogged to her, wiping her tears. Bella also seemed distraught.

"Hey, what happened?" The brunette asked, conceded about Elexia's tear stained face.

"I'll tell you after," Elexia answered, her brows tense. Bella nodded.

"We have gym," Elexia spoke again.

"Aren't you sitting out this year?"

"Yes, but I still have to sit in there."

Bella nodded again.

"Aren't you Isabella Swan and Elexia Reedus?" a male voice asked.

A baby-faced, blue-eyed boy was standing in front of them, smiling. He glanced at Elexia, about to ask her why it looked like she'd been crying, but Bella spoke before he could.

"It's Bella, and her name is pronounced Elexia." The blonde mentally thanked Bella for speaking for her, because if she did, she felt like she would start crying again.

"I'm Mike."

"Hi, Mike."

"Do you guys know where your next classes are?"

"We're both headed to the gym, actually. I think we can find it."

"That's my next class, too." He seemed thrilled.

All three of them walked to the gym together; Mike talking the entire time. Elexia learned that he moved from California when he was ten. He was chatty - but very nice, and someone Elexia felt like she could trust.

As they entered the gym, he asked, "So, did you two stab Edward Cullen and Rosalie Hale with pencils or what? I've never seen them act like that. Especially not Edward."

So, Bella had a negative interaction with Edward, too.

Bella and Elexia cringed. Rosalie and Edward were being assholes just to them.

"Was that the boy I sat next to in Biology?" Bella played dumb. Elexia opted to continue being mute.

"Yes," he said. "He looked like he was in pain or something."

"I don't know," Bella responded. "I never spoke to him."

"He's a weird guy." Mike said. "So is Rosalie." He looked at Elexia.

Elexia shrugged and sat down when Bella walked into the girls' locker room.

"Aren't you gonna follow her?" Mike asked Elexia.

She cleared her throat. "Um, no. I'm sitting out."

Mike just nodded and walked off, into the boys' locker room. The PE teacher just smiled at her from across the gymnasium, knowing exactly who she was and why she was sat out without having to ask.

The bell rang finally and once Bella was changed, she joined Elexia in walking back to the front office to give the desk lady their slips. It wasn't raining out anymore, but it was incredibly windy.

When they entered the office, Bella looked stunned. Edward Cullen's back was facing them. He was arguing with the receptionist. He was trying to trade sixth-hour Biology to another time.

Elexia scoffed, wanting to comfortingly rub Bella's back, or better yet, punch Edward Cullen straight in the face for being such a dick to her friend.

He turned back to look at them (Bella), and his eyes were filled with hate. Bella flinched.

He turned back to the receptionist. "Never mind, then," he said hastily. "I can see that it's impossible. Thank you so much for your help." And he turned and walked straight out of the door.

Elexia and Bella both walked to the desk, handing her their slips at the same time.

"How did your first days go?" the receptionist warmly asked.

"Fine," Bella answered.

"Same." Elexia nodded.

When Elexia finally got to her car, tears started immediately flowing from her eyes once again, this time harsher. Bella walked over.

"Elexia!" She grabbed her arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I mean, no. But, I will be. Bella, I have to tell you something very important."

i hope this was good !! it took me forever to finish lol.

ps, elexia isn't out of gym for no reason, you'll find out why soon enough. its very important and its what she confesses to bella at the end of this chapter ! & it's also what rosalie and alice argued about :)

elexia is pronounced ell-ex-ee-ah btw! i realize it might be confusing. just think, its pronounced like the beginning of eleanor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 69 45
"๐“๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐„ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‘." "๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ˆ๐’ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‘, ๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐‹๐ˆ๐๐†." Jasper Hale X Fem OC!
37.2K 1.9K 30
IN WHICH. . . Elexia Reedus & Rosalie Hale navigate the world of having a family of their own, amidst the chaos and drama that their lives bring. [...
125K 6.9K 28
"I'm in hell". "Where? I might be near". Male oc x Jasper Hale Twilight universe