Nystrom

By SabrinaA_writes

[Book one in the Nystrom duology] [Read tw before proceeding] [Dual pov] TW: This book contains heavy themes... More

Intro/Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Backstory
Chapter 2: Thoughts
Chapter 3: Drawings
Chapter 4: True Colors
Chapter 5: Confusion
Chapter 6: Game
Chapter 7: Mysterious Boy
Chapter 8: Guilt
Chapter 9: Drugs
Chapter 10: Stronzo
Chapter 11: Angry
Chapter 12: Fucker
Chapter 13: Italian
Chapter 14: Mission
Chapter 15: Unusual
Chapter 16: Feelings
Chapter 17: Kiss
Chapter 18: Friend
Chapter 19: Tease
Chapter 20: Mine
Chapter 21: Yours
Chapter 22: Panic
Chapter 23: Silent
Chapter 24: Promise
Chapter 25: Kissable
Chapter 26: Together
Chapter 27: Soaked
Chapter 28: Remember
Chapter 29: Oblivion
Chapter 30: Torture
Chapter 31: Love
Chapter 32: Again
Chapter 33: Mirror
Chapter 34: Broken Bones
Chapter 35: Babe?
Chapter 36: Breaking Down
Chapter 37: Punches
Chapter 38: Betrayal
Chapter 39: Imaginable
Chapter 40: My Crazy Boy
Chapter 41: Good Fucking Girl
Chapter 42: Smut?
Chapter 43: Ruin Me
Chapter 44: Murderous Couple
Chapter 45: Perfect
Chapter 46: Mommy?
Chapter 47: Crazy Ideas
Chapter 48: Beg
Chapter 49: Green
Chapter 50: Puke
Chapter 51: Copy And Paste
Chapter 52: Dangerously Addictive
Chapter 53: Ring
Chapter 54: Relax
Chapter 55: Destroy You
Chapter 56: Psychos
Chapter 57: Fever Dream?
Chapter 58: Fiancee
Chapter 59: On Your Knees
Chapter 60: Blushing
Chapter 61: Worth Living
Chapter 62: Me and Him
Chapter 63: Call Me
Chapter 64: Italy
Chapter 65: Written In The Stars
Chapter 66: Too Perfect
Chapter 67: Orso
Chapter 68: Persuade Me
Chapter 69: Home
Chapter 70: Dominate Me
Chapter 71: Only A Second
Chapter 72: Chaos
Chapter 73: Painful Truth
Chapter 74: Bitch
Chapter 75: Breaking Point
Chapter 76: Heart
Chapter 77: Awake
Chapter 78: Happiness
Chapter 80: Ti Amo
Chapter 81: Revenge
Chapter 82: Whipped
Chapter 83: Dirty Mind
Chapter 84: Quiet
Chapter 85: Tattoo
Chapter 86: Tattoo Shop
Chapter 87: Wedding
Chapter 88: Anch'io Ti Amo
Epilogue

Chapter 79: Aftermath

54.7K 1.3K 3.1K
By SabrinaA_writes

HEY BABES.

My phone crashed with the recent update causing the author's note not to show and that made me so pissed like bro- it isn't an actual chapter without my author's note 😔 BUT LOOK IT'S BACK HEHE.

SPAM THE COMMENTS BECAUSE I WANT TO 👹🎸

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"Do you feel better today or still the same?" I listen to Mason interrogating Silas as soon as he wakes up, but the black-haired boy's eyes snap towards me before he shares a look with Mason.

"Answer truthfully, Silas," I warn him, knowing that he is most likely worried to tell the truth since I'm here with him.

He sighs and looks back at Mason, "Is it possible to feel worse?"

My stomach makes a turn but I hide my concern as I inhale deeply, wanting to hear what Mason has to say about this, "It's possible. It'll get worse before it gets better."

"The words of a wise man," Our heads turn when we hear Nico's voice calling out, clapping his hands together while he stands at the doorway with the others following behind him when he enters the room.

"Wished you came up with that, didn't you?" Mason chuckles, taunting Nico as he rolls his eyes in response.

"Well, he's still stable. That's good." Amaya reassures me, smiling as she checks Silas' heart monitor.

I seriously don't know why Rowan gets so frustrated by the mention of her name, I mean she's doing everything she can to help Mason, to help all of us.

I don't know what happened between this two, but whatever it is, it's not good...

I smile when Isabella and Leah enter the room too, a plate in Isabella's hand.

This woman quite literally made sure I ate breakfast before Silas woke up.

"Mio figlio,[My son] you must be hungry. I made you that soup you love to eat when you're sick." She smiles, placing the plate on top of a drawer next to Silas.

"I'm not sure it'll make me feel better this time," He groans, shifting his body a little so he can sit up comfortably.

"So, when are you leaving?" Silas changes the topic, returning his attention to me and I know that he's referring to the rescue mission, which is planned today.

"Probably in a few minutes after I change into other clothes," I tell him.

I remember that Isabella was kind to go all the way to our house to pick me some outfits because she knew I didn't want to leave Silas as soon as he woke up.

"I'm just waiting for someone," I smile, leaving out a few details which make his face turn into a frown, his head leaned to the side.

"Someone?" He repeats my words and I hum, "Yes. Someone,"

"Who is this someone, hm?" Silas asks in suspiciousness as Isabella chuckles, rolling her eyes at the curiosity of her son.

"Enough with the questions, you need to eat." She saves us all from answering his question as she places the food on his lap, his eyes narrowing even though it is not a big deal.

"We need to get ready now, I'll see you later." I stand up from the chair, placing a quick kiss on his forehead before I send a look at Leah and Isabella.

All of us except for Silas talked this through yesterday night.

The guys agreed to stay at the house because the more people we take with us the more attention we'll get.

The more dangerous it gets.

Also, I think Mason and Amaya need the most help right now. Even though they don't show it. I mean, they're only with two, who knows what'll happen?

Meanwhile, Leah and Isabella will tag along, simply because they insisted on it.

Isabella hasn't even slept these past few days but I can see that she's pissed about what happened to Silas.

I leave the room and wait for Leah and Isabella to finish talking with the others.

I turn my head towards the footsteps behind me, seeing Amaya approach me as she sends me a small smile.

"Good luck with the mission," A small smile is eased onto her lips as she says it, "Thank you," I tell her before I sigh.

"You know, if you don't want to be here you can always just tag along if you want?" I give her a choice and she chuckles as she looks at the ground.

"I think I'll stick to making sure your man is okay," She laughs softly.

"And an explosion means fire, me and fire aren't a good match..." She mumbles, swallowing hard before she smiles again.

"Why are you doing this, Amaya? You don't even know most of us and still, you're helping," I say, confusion blurring my mind because what kind of stranger would do this for someone?

"Adams called me and that's pretty rare," She chuckles at her own words and I frown when she calls Rowan by his last name.

Even more confusion floods my mind when she says, "And even though every part of me hates him, he sounded desperate."

"He told me what happened with Silas," Her jaw clenches.

She stops for a minute and smiles again, "I have lost my entire family, so if I had a chance to save your only family, I would do it."

Amaya inhales deeply before chuckling, "I should go back to Mason,"

I nod slowly and send her a smile, "Thank you." I say to her as she nods at me before entering the room again.

Just by her actions, I know that this girl doesn't have a selfish bone in her body.

"Maeve, we should get ready." Leah's voice stops my thinking and I hum, seeing Isabella leaving the room behind her.

"Yeah, okay." I sigh before walking off the stairs towards an empty room.

~ ~ ~

I examine the weapons in the weapon room after I changed into my clothes, dressed in full black as I adjust my earpiece.

I zip myself up further, not wanting my boobs to be on full display cause why would I want to flash someone?

I do place one of my daggers in the middle of my boobs before I zip myself up, strapping the other daggers against my thigh.

I pick up a glock 17 and make sure that the safety is on before placing it in the holster around my waist.

"Are you ready?" Leah's voice calls out from behind me and I turn around to look at her, flashing her a smile as I hum.

"Where's Isabella?" I question and Leah nods towards the exit of the room, "Outside, making sure everything is good to go."

I slowly nod before following the ginger-haired girl out of the weapon room, heading outside where Isabella is indeed talking with someone.

"Antonio," I call out, making the brunette man turn towards where Leah and I are standing.

Antonio was the security guard who drove me to Silas that one night in Italy and after a bit of research we found out he was an expert in bombs.

So he flew all the way here with a few of our men to help us not do anything stupid.

He's here just in case something goes wrong.

"Maeve, great to see you again." His Italian accent is hearable as he sends us a small smile while Isabella checks her guns, placing them in her holster.

"So Ethan Ambrose may have placed some of his last men around the house, just stay together and be careful," Antonio explains.

"We'll go inside and then try to find the bomb while you also make sure the people inside the house get out safely, alright?" Leah, Isabella and I nod at Antonio's words before our gazes fall on the cars.

"Let's go then, shall we?" Isabella smiles, placing her hand on my shoulder to give me a feeling of comfort, which I instantly receive.

"We shall," Leah chuckles before we make our way to the cars, entering the vehicle as Isabella sits in the driver's seat, Antonio next to her while Leah and I are at the backseats.

Another car filled with our men is placed behind us, tracking our every move in case something goes wrong.

Isabella starts driving, picking up the speed of the car as I tilt my head up, leaning my head on the car seat.

I want this to be over quickly so that I can stay with mi amore. I didn't realize how much I actually missed him until he woke up...

My train of thoughts gets interrupted when someone intertwines our hands together, that person being Leah.

"When this is all over we'll go on late night drives, alright? We'll read each other's favourite book and you'll teach me how to paint." She chuckles.

I know that she wants me to think about something else rather than about the possibilities this could go wrong.

"Everything will be alright," She tells me again, squeezing my hand once as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"We've gone through way worse than a bomb." Leah talks causing me to sigh, she's right.

I'm too busy taking in Leah's words that I don't realize that Isabella had started driving faster, making us arrive at the house earlier than we expected.

Isabella parks the car a few blocks away from the house just in case it goes boom.

The four of us leave the car as I check if I have all of my weapons before waiting for everyone else.

Isabella gives me a nod as we continue to walk towards the house, we're lucky there aren't any houses surrounding this one otherwise this would be even harder.

We finally approach the house, no men standing guard so they must be inside.

"We'll have to examine every room as fast as we can when we enter the house, got it?" I keep my voice down as they nod.

My eyes fall towards the car in the distance that is loaded with our men waiting for a sign of danger.

Everything will be okay.

I slowly step towards the front door and kick it open, we then rush into the house, knowing that now that they know we're here we should do this fast.

The four of us separate as I examine the kitchen but it looks normal, with no bomb to be seen.

"No bomb yet," Leah's voice whispers through my earpiece, "The same here," Antonio replies.

"No men either," Isabella speaks through the earpiece resulting in my eyebrows furrow.

Where would I keep the others if I was Ethan?

"Oh, they're definitely here." I talk before rushing out of the kitchen and up the stairs, the house looking like a whole freaking mansion but in an uglier way.

As soon as I reach the stairs I'm met by one of Ethan's men.

"I have one." I quickly speak in my earpiece before I duck when the man flings his arm in my direction.

"A fucking Nystrom," The man groans, trying to kick me but I pull out one of my daggers strapped to my thigh and cut his leg, causing him to groan.

"Well, I'm not really fond of an Ambrose either." I snap and kick him in his stomach, making him stumble backwards as I throw my dagger at the same time.

My face scrunches up in disgust when the weapon lands on his head, causing blood to coat the walls.

"They're downstairs too," Antonio tells us, I guess they're tired of hiding.

I pull my dagger out of the man's head and walk past his dead body on the ground, only for another one to come.

They're trying to keep me from going into that room behind them.

"Look at this dead man and then decide whether you truly want to do this," I warn him first and his eyes instantly drop to the ground, watching the blood seep out of the dead man's head.

"I'm not a coward," He scoffs and pulls out a knife as he swings it towards me.

I gasp when the dagger reaches my arm, making a cut appear as the stinging feeling welcomes me.

"How does that feel, huh?" The man smirks before landing a punch on my jaw and an unexpected laugh escapes my mouth.

He should've at least punched me harder than that.

"Psycho," He mutters when he hears me laughing while I turn my head to look at him.

I place my hand on my jaw feeling that it's not broken. Of course, it isn't. He could get some punching lessons.

"Now I understand why Mr. Ambrose always adored you so much," The man smiles before he reaches for me.

I almost puke when he takes my dagger, placing it against my throat while he presses me against him.

"You're a feisty little one," He whispers as his eyes dart towards the engagement ring on my finger.

"What if I kept you for myself?" He whispers.

"This all for me-," His words get cut off by a gunshot and his eyes widen as he stares down.

I lift one of my eyebrows as I smirk, my gun pointed at his dick.

"What do I get in return, hm? Because last time I checked you don't own a dick anymore." I chuckle, sarcasm rolling off my tongue as I kick him away from me.

He stumbles back, shouting as he starts crying out in pain.

"This made me realize how much I hate boys," I murmur before pointing my gun at his head, pulling the trigger as the bullet hits his skull.

I look away when his head quite literally blows up in a hundred pieces.

I listen to gunshots being fired from downstairs and I don't waste a minute more.

I approach the room and open it only to hear the safety of a gun get turned off as soon as I enter the room.

"Lillith?" I breathe as I watch the brunette-haired girl point a gun at me, one boy and one girl standing behind her in the corner of the room.

"Don't come closer," She mutters, her eyes puffy and her hands visibly shaking.

"I can see that you've never shot someone," I tell her and she inhales deeply while her hands turn white due to the grip on the gun.

"But I will when I need to," The brunette talks, trying to stay strong in front of her siblings?

"No, you won't. You know that I'm here to help you," I speak and gently put my hand on the gun she's holding, "I won't touch you, I'm only here to take you and your siblings away from here."

Her eyes slightly widen as soon as I say it, making her realize that I know.

She gives me the gun as I turn the safety back on before placing it in my holster.

A tear slips out of Lillith's eyes as she moves away, nodding towards the other corner of the room.

My mouth opens in shock when I stare at the bomb in the corner of the room, but it isn't the kind that can go off with one wrong move.

It has a fucking timer.

"That man you just killed speeded the process knowing that you would be here," Lillith breathes as I watch the timer reach 17 seconds.

"Leave the house, we don't have time," I speak through my earpiece.

"Shit, it's a time bomb," Antonio mumbles, knowing that we don't have time to try and shut down the bomb.

"Lillith, I need you to leave the house with your siblings," I tell her.

She shakes her head in disagreement, "Our brother is locked up in the room next to us, he wouldn't obey those men so they put him there."

16, 15, 14.

"We can't leave without him," The girl behind Lillith speaks and I exhale slowly.

"Get out of the house, I'll get him." I walk out of the room and see her send me a small smile before she grabs her brother and sister, running out of the room and down the stairs.

13, 12, 11.

I move to the next room and kick the door open, noticing the poor boy tied to a chair, his face looking like he got some good punches.

I get out my dagger and rush over to him, cutting through the rope as he manages to open his eyes, "Who are you?" He mumbles, his breathing out of control.

10, 9, 8.

"I'm going to take you away from here, alright? Can you walk?" I speak and he nods before we hear a gunshot being fired, which causes him to flinch.

"No, I can't do this. The sounds," He shakes his head and I caress his hair slowly, "We'll get out of here, just close your ears."

7, 6, 5.

"Like this, okay?" I gently take his hands and place them over his ears.

I then pull him up and he takes the hint as he follows me out of the room, running past the hall and down the stairs.

I take a hold of his arm as we approach the front door.

4, 3, 2.

We make it outside as we continue running, "Maeve!" Leah's voice calls out as I guide the boy away from the house further and further.

1, 0.

A loud boom is heard as I can feel the wave of the blast behind us, our feet give away as both the boy and I stumble to the ground.

I can see pieces of the house, flying through the air and my instinct tells me to cover the boy instantly, pulling myself up in case something could hurt him.

My ears hurt as a ringing sound echoes through them, but whatever pain I feel I keep my hands steady on the ground, shutting my eyes as my only priority is this boy right now.

He shouldn't suffer more than he already did.

I open my eyes when I smell smoke, almost the whole area is covered with smoke as the house quite literally blew up. Nothing is left of it.

I pull myself and the boy up while he pulls his hands away from his ear, adrenaline courses through every vein in my body as I rush us towards the others.

I cough, feeling the smoke in my lungs as we run out of the white toxic air.

"Tobias, Maeve!" Lillith shouts, his name is Tobias.

"Maeve!" Isabella hastily runs towards both of us as Lillith takes her brother.

"We should get you a doctor, right now," Antonio speaks and I stop them.

"No, it's alright. The boy needs a doctor," I mumble, massaging my temples due to the headache approaching.

"Mrs. Ludovico," Our men come running up behind Leah and Isabella, their eyes on me as I sigh.

"I'm okay, can you take these people back to the house," I murmur as Isabella insists to hold my shoulder just in case something happens.

The men nod as they tell Lillith and the rest to follow them to one of the cars.

"Come on, dear. Everything is okay," Isabella whispers as she walks us to the car.

I open the car door and sit in the driver's seat, my heart still pounding inside of my chest.

It's not that I'm not feeling good.

It's about the aftermath. I've never felt such fear, but not because I thought that I would've gotten hurt.

The fear of something happening and causing me to never see Silas again was eating me alive and it made every muscle in me tense.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

BRO, yall know what I love about Maeve. She's hot and shit but she also doesn't have a single evil bone in her body 😩 Like this girl would get herself killed for some kid she just met.

Put yalls seatbelts on for the next chapter 😔 LMAO.

Anyway, what did we think about this chapter? What are your predictions for the next chapters?

- Sab <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 760 54
β™‘ MAFIA ROMANCE β™‘ *BOOK 3 IN "LOVE" SERIES (FINAL) #1 in Mafia (8/4/2023) #1 in brothers best friend (8/4/2023) #10 in enemies to lovers (8/6/2023)...
40.6K 1.3K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...
569K 11.5K 33
He's known to be like the devil, that's how he got his name. A cold hearted killer. People vanish when they see his presence, but scream when they do...
564K 10.9K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...