Edge Of Revenge

By inkandanalysis

Rivia has been reborn as Davia, consumed by a burning desire for revenge. Along the way, she meets The Avenge... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 6

909 38 4
By inkandanalysis

"Head to Berlin. That's where they're keeping him. Frederick is also there." I said, standing outside as I sent Zemo off. 

Nodding his head, "Don't worry. They won't get you." I muttered as our eyes met. 

Zemo nodded his head once again, "What is he doing there?" He asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Who?" I asked.

"Frederick." He answered.

A chuckle escapes my lips, "You'll know. I already instructed them what to do once you're done just follow them." I said. 

A car stopped in front of him, getting inside the vehicle as they left. Exhaling a sigh as I turn around. 

"Now, we'll just have to wait where it is." I stated, "Ava, can you prepare my breakfast? I'm quite famished." I added, nodding her head as everyone immediately moved and prepared what I asked.

After eating my breakfast, Lynn handed me the pill as I quickly swallowed it. Ava placed a glass of juice beside me, nodding my head as I drank the drink.

"If anyone finds me. I'll be in my office. I don't wanna miss that show." I said, everyone nodded and bowed their heads as I left and went towards my office.

STEVE

In an SUV, T'Challa sits in front of me who sits in front of Sam.

"So, you like cats?" Sam asked.

"Sam." I muttered.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam replied.

"Your suit... it's Vibranium?" I asked, looking at his back.

T'Challa snuck a glance sideways. 

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because of him who murdered my father and her parents, I also wear the mantle of king and her vengeance for her fallen parents. So, I ask you . . . as a friend, warrior, and king . . . how long do you think you can keep him safe from me? From her?" He answered.

Furrowing my eyebrows, "From her? Who's her?" I asked, confusingly as the convoy headed underground.

"You will know who she is someday." T'Challa replied.

Getting out of the SUV, my eyes caught a light gray walled bunker where they keep Bucky inside. Walking towards Sharon, a man standing beside him and three guards behind them.

"What's gonna happen to him?" I asked.

"Same thing that will happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." He said in his deep voice, exuding a strong aura.

"This is Frederick Windsor. Supreme Commander." Sharon introduced him, my eyes went to him, noticing his straight posture and stern eyes.

"What about our lawyer?" I asked.

"Lawyer won't help you with this matter. See their weapons are placed in lockup." He ordered, the soldiers instantly moved and obeyed him.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam commented.

Looking back, my eyes caught Bucky's eyes as he quickly averted his eyes.

"Your Majesty." He greeted, giving a bow to T'Challa, furrowing my eyebrows as I stared at them.

As we continue, walking in a covered sky walk.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. And you're requested to stay in it." He said.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa replied, "And where is Davia, right now?" T'Challa asked which caught my attention. 

Moving a little closer to hear them without knowing Natasha is now walking beside me.

"Ah, Davia is currently doing her part right now." He replied, cryptically.

Raising my eyebrow as T'Challa nodded his head.

"If she'll ask if anything happens. Please do tell her that everything is okay and that she will surely have the justice she wants." T'Challa said.

Frederick smiled and nodded his head, "Thank you, Your Majesty." He replied and excused himself.

"Do you know who he is?" I asked, nudging my head towards Frederick.

"Frederick Windsor. Supreme Commander. He climbed that position in his youth. He was well known for being serious, cold, and most sought bachelor one time." Natasha replied.

"One time?" I asked.

"They said he found the one. But the couple chose to go private and no one knows who she is." She replied, "Why?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I have a feeling he's up to something." I answered, Natasha exhaled a sigh.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." She said.

"He's alive." I replied.

Entering a room, seeing Tony on his phone, arguing something.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha said and left.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony said, ending the call as he approached us.

"Consequences?" I asked.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony answered.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" I asked.

Natasha looked back, "Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." She replied, averting her eyes to Sam.

"That's cold." Sam mumbled.

"Warmer than jail." Tony countered.

DAVIA

Sitting behind my desk as I listened to Zemo playing his part as an evaluator.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James." Zemo said.

"My name is Bucky." He replied, my thumb caressing my lips as I continued listening to them.

"You fear that... if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry." He paused as I smiled, "We only have to talk about one." He added.

Smirking as the electricity and lights go out while I have a perfect view of Barnes' nervous expression inside the bunker.

"What the hell is this?" He asked.

"Why don't we discuss your home? Not Romania. Certainly not Brooklyn, no." Zemo replied, grabbing the red book from his bag, "I mean, your real home." He added, looking at him.

Standing up and taking his glasses off, a laugh escaped my lips as Zemo approached Barnes and started to read the trigger words from the book with a flashlight in his hands.

"Желание." Zemo started.

"No." Barnes said.

"Yes." I muttered.

"Ржавый." Zemo continued.

"Stop." Barnes cried.

Standing up as I slowly approach the monitor sitting on my desk, "Keep going." I whispered.

"Семнадцать."

"Stop." Barnes said, sneering angrily.

A chuckle escapes my lips as Zemo continues.

"Рассвет."

Biting my lips, hearing him scream and rips free of his restraints.

"Печь. Девять."

Barnes thumps the inside of the pod.

"Добросердечный."

"Возвращение на Родину. Один. Грузовой вагон."

Barnes batters the front of the pod with his metal fist and the glass screen flies clear. Zemo slowly rounds the pod with the book and the light in hand. He stands before Barnes who straightens, a dark frown on his face.

"Солдат?"

"Я готов отвечать."

Clapping my hands, "Very Good, Zemo. Very Good." I mumbled, laughing and placing a hand under my chin, smiling widely at the monitor.

Moments later, Wilson and Rogers arrived outside the chamber. There are many agents slumped on the floor. All of them out cold.

"Help me. Help." Zemo pleaded.

Hearing his voice, Rogers finds Zemo in a heap inside the chamber.

"Get up." He said, grabs Zemo and shoves him against the wall, "Who are you? What do you want?" He asked. 

"To see an empire fall." Zemo replied.

As Wilson enters, Barnes swings his fist which smashes through the wall as Wilson ducks. Barnes grabs him by the jaw and throws him at the open pod.

Rogers lurches into the fight and lands a punch which Barnes barely feels. Barnes kicks and punches Rogers out of the chamber.

A punch from Barnes goes through the elevator door. Rogers blocks the next one but the power of Barnes' fist sends Rogers tumbling into the darkened elevator shaft.

Grabbing my phone as I dialed him. My eyes watching his every move on the monitor. Zemo quickly grabbed his phone and answered my call.

"Get out of there and remove your disguise." I said, Zemo nodded his head and ended the call.

Snapping my fingers, the monitor disappeared.

STEVE

Peering through a gap as a chopper flying overhead.

"Hey, Cap!" Sam called as I quickly jogged towards them to join Sam by Bucky who sits with his arm in the vice.

"Steve." Bucky mumbled.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" I asked, looking at him.

"Your mom's name was Sarah...You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." He paused, a chuckle escaping his lips, "Our soulmark is located on our inner left forearm, a black snake coiled with flowers." He added as our eyes met.

"Can't read that in a museum." I stated, a small smile on my lips.

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam asked, raising his eyebrow.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked.

"Enough." I answered.

Bucky sighed, "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." He muttered, bowing his head.

"Who was he?" I inquired.

"I don't know." He replied, furrowing his eyebrows.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know.'" I said, staring at him.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Bucky replied.

"Why would he need to know that?" I asked. 

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." Bucky stated.

"Who were they?" I asked, curiously as I lean my back on the concrete wall.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky replied, his metal arm now free and his eyes focused on an empty space as if he remembers something. 

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked.

"Worse." Bucky replied, lifting his head up.

"The doctor, could he control them?" I asked.

"Enough." He replied.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." I mumbled.

"I heard a woman's voice when someone called him." Sam joined in, "Maybe he has someone backing him up or worse the one who's planning all of this." He added.

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming." Bucky stated.

Sam approached me, exhaling a sigh as I listened to him.

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago." Sam said.

"If we call Tony . . ."

"No, he won't believe us." Sam replied, interrupting me.

"Even if he did . . ." I paused and bowed my head.

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help." Sam stated.

"We're on our own." I muttered, Sam nodded his head and left to give Bucky and I some time.

Approaching Bucky as our eyes met, a smile escaped my lips which he returned.

"Did you meet any of our soulmates?" He asked, curiously.

Nodding my head, "Yeah. All of them." I replied as my smile widened.

"Who are they?" Bucky asked, running his hand over his hair.

"Tony, Natasha, Clint, Thor, Loki, Stephen, Peter, Bruce, you and Rivia." I answered, my smile slowly disappeared as I mentioned her name.

"Did something happen?" He asked as I exhaled a sigh.

"No, besides the Accords, but Rivia... She... Someone took her away from us." I stated, "We tried to find her but we couldn't." I added.

"This happened because of me." Bucky mumbled, shaking my head as I approached and hugged him.

Bucky leaned in and hugged me back, a faint sob escaped from him as I caressed his back.

"That wasn't you, Buck. HYDRA did this to you." I replied. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 9.7K 33
She was there she saw it all and she kept quiet. Because despite how much she had been through she was never one for dramatics. "Curiosity breeds fa...
The Tower By Kate

Fanfiction

627K 14K 29
-18+ ONLY. Minors DNI- "How does someone with no superpowers, no real discernible talents, and a whole lot of baggage end up being the girlfriend to...
1.2M 33.5K 71
***BOOK 2 HAS BEEN PUBLISHED!*** Best Rankings ever: #1 Soulmates #1 Thor #1 BruceBanner #1 Natasharomanoff #1 Blackwidow #1 CaptainAmerica #1 SteveR...
36K 1.3K 28
Second book of the trilogy Assistant of the Avengers "I came here because I was forced to not because I wanted to." Following the events of the first...