Henry Danger: Captain Man's D...

By gwldxns

BOOK 2 IS OUT NOW! Audrey Manchester isn't the typical teenager you thought she was. Turns out she's the a da... More

Audrey Manchester
Cast
The Danger Begins
Mo' Danger, Mo' Problems
The Secret Gets Out
Tears Of the Jolly Beetle
Substitute Teacher
Jasper Danger
The Space Rock
Birthday Girl Down
Too Much Game
Henry the Man-Beast
Invisible Brad
Spoiler Alert
Let's Make A Steal
Super Volcano
My Phony Valentine
Caved In
Elevator Kiss
Man Of The House
Dream Busters
Kid Grounded
Captain Jerk
The Bucket Trap
Audrey & The Bad Boy: Part 1
Audrey & The Bad Boy: Part 2
Jasper's Real Girlfriend
Season 2
The Beat Goes On
One Henry, and Three Girls: Part 1
One Henry, and Three Girls: Part 2
Captain Man: On Vacation
The Time Jerker
Secret Beef
Henry's Jelly
Christmas Danger
Indestructible Henry & Audrey: Part 1
Indestructible Henry & Audrey: Part 2
Text, Lies, & Video
Opposite Universe
Grave Danger
Ox Pox
Twin Henrys
Danger & Thunder: Part 1
Danger & Thunder: Part 2
I Know Your Secret
Season 3
A Fiรฑata Full Of Death Bugs
Love Muffin
Scream Machine
Mouth Candy
The Trouble With Frittles
Hour of Power
Out Of This Capability
Dodging Danger
Double Date Danger
Space Invaders: Part 1
Space Invaders: Part 2
JAM Session
Green Fingers
Stuck in Three Holes
Live and Dangerous: Part 1
Live and Dangerous: Part 2
Balloons of Doom
Swellview's Got Talent
Season 4/New Book

License to Fly

2.7K 62 17
By gwldxns

Audrey's POV

"Come on, man!" Kid Danger whines and Captain Man shushes him. We were walking around an alleyway to find the Ballerino Brothers.

Kid Danger was upset because Captain Man wasn't allowing him to fly the Man-Copter. What really made him mad was that I already knew how to fly it and he didn't.

"Will you just please say yes?"

"Will you please shhhhh?"

"I'll shhh if you teach me how to fly the Man-Copter!" Kid Danger argues back. Captain Man's phone beeps but that didn't stop him from complaining. "Come on--"

"It's Charlotte." Captain Man announced and answered the call. "Go for me."

"Okay, it's confirmed. You're looking for the Ballerino Brothers." Charlotte's voice informed and I cringe.

"I hate those guys! You know, they aren't even brothers!" I yell at the phone, and I could almost hear Charlotte lower her volume.

Kid Danger walks over to Captain Man. "I don't get why you won't say yes--"

Captain Man turns to him. "Do you get that I'm on the phone?" He grabs the phone from him, and he gasps. "Uh! You do not snatch my phone like that!"

"Will you please just teach me how to fly the Man-Copter? Audrey has known how to fly it since she was 8!"

"What have I told you about using your lightning-fast reflexes to snatch my stuff?"

"You promised me that you would."

"We will talk about it later. Right now, we need to-- AH!"

We all scream and fall onto the floor. Something hard and cold hit us on the back of our heads and I was surprised we weren't all knocked out cold. I regain my strength and stand up, helping Captain Man and Kid Danger up on the way.

"Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot." The ballerino in orange greeted. Hey, at least we found the Ballerino Brothers. "Nice tutu see you."

"Well, if it isn't the Ballerino Brothers." Captain Man folds his arms.

"That's right. And our favorite dance is the Nutcracker." He collides his fist with his hand. "Sweet."

I roll my eyes at their dumb hand movement. Kid Danger turns to Captain Man. "What about Saturday morning? You could teach me before work!"

"You're too young to fly the Man-Copter."

"Ohhhh! Ohhh okay!" Kid Danger groans and looks at him in disbelief. Are they seriously starting an argument when we're supposed to be fighting the Ballerino Brothers? "So, I'm old enough to help you beat up vicious ballet dancers, but I'm not old enough to fly the Man-Copter? Not to mention, Quick Shot learned when she was 8! 8, Captain Man, 8!"

"Hey, don't bring me into this!" I declared.

Captain Man rolls his eyes. "It's not a question of age, it's a question of experience and training and--"

"Uhhh... 'scuze me?" One of the Ballerino Brothers rudely interrupted. We turn around and wait for him to say something. "Are we gonna fight, or do you two--" he looks at Captain Man and Kid Danger, "-- need to see a couples' therapist?"

I snicker at his comment. I hate laughing at villains' jokes, but sometimes I can't help myself.

"Perhaps both!" Captain Man snaps back. "You dancing punks."

"Punks?" The one in orange took offense to that. "We went to Juilliard!" They both put themselves in a dancing position and I shake my head. I can tell this is going to be an easy fight. And nothing feels better than winning a fight.

Kid Danger turns back to Captain Man. "How could you say I'm too young?"

"You're not ready! You're just a sidekick. Quick Shot has been living with me since she came out of the womb, so don't be mad that she learned before you!"

I wince at the part where he called Kid Danger "just a sidekick".

"Oh. Oh really?"

"Oh. Oh yeah."

"Then let's make a deal!"

"What kind of deal?"

"If I knock out both these Ballerinos, by myself..."

Captain Man lets out a laugh. "Haha okay..."

"Yeah! Then you have to teach me how to fly the Man-Copter."

"Kid, you-- okay, sure. Tell ya what... me and Shot are gonna sit over here." He points to the bench. "You fight these guys by yourself."

"I will." He replies and begins to walk over to the Ballerino Brothers.

"Good luck!" I call out to him while Captain Man forced me over to the bench. I sit down and watch as Kid Danger prepares to fight them. He glances at me and then falls onto the floor because the Ballerino Brothers banged his head with a metal box.

"Wow, Kid. Way to block that with your head." My dad sarcastically applauds, and I roll my eyes.

"Don't take your eyes off of them, Kid. You know better." I scold and Kid Danger rolls his eyes at me, playfully. He turns back around.

"Okay, Ballerinos. Let's dance."

All three of them began to throw punches at one another. Kid Danger was using his super-fast reflexes as an advantage, and it was really paying off.

"Ah, dang it! I told Schwoz to pack crunchy peanut butter." Captain Man complained and put the peanut butter on his sandwich.

I helped out Kid Danger a bit by using my telekinesis to make the Ballerino Brothers trip. I think he noticed I was helping him because he smiled at me for a split second. Captain Man stays oblivious.

It didn't take long for Kid Danger to beat them up, half unconscious, and throw them into an empty dumpster. I was just glad that it was over, and we were able to go home now.

He walks over to us with satisfaction. "Now you have to teach me how to fly the Man-Copter."

Captain Man shakes his head. "Nooo... no, no."

"We had a deal!"

"Yeah! The deal was you had to knock out both Ballerinos!"

"I did."

"No, you didn't. Look-- that one's getting out the dumpster right now." He points to the dumpster and shows the orange Ballerino climbing out of the dumpster.

Kid Danger grabs Captain Man's sandwich and threw it at his face. He falls back and the dumpster lid closes.

"Ahh!" We hear him scream. "I'm allergic to peanuts!"

Captain Man lets out a laugh. "All right, Kid. You win."

"I know."

***

Finally, Saturday has arrived. Henry was excited about the idea of him flying the Man-Copter. I decided I wasn't going to go for the ride because I wanted to spend some time with Jasper and Charlotte. Besides, the Man-Copter is nothing new to me.

Although I wasn't going on the trip, me and Charlotte decided to help them get started on their journey.

I look up and I see a manual flying toward us. "Charlotte!" I tried to warn but it was too late. The manual hit her in the eye, and I gasp. "Charlotte, are you okay?"

She was not pleased. "Okay, who threw this manual?!"

We walk over to my dad and Henry who were already buckled in their seats. My dad gulps.

"Some guy." He replies and points at Henry.

"Will you girls please finish up the diagnostic test so we can get this thing up in the air? Thank you!" Henry urges and I fold my arms. I get he's excited, but I will let no man treat me like this.

"Excuse me?" I glare at Henry. "Don't rush us! You guys literally threw a manual at Charlotte's eye!"

"Okay, sorry!" Henry apologizes and I relax with satisfaction.

"Here's your manual." Charlotte throws the manual into my dad's groin and my eyes widen. She pulls me away and we begin to finish the test.

As we were finishing, a gust of wind blows on me and Charlotte. I guess they turned on the propellers which made our hair mess up.

"Make it stop!" Charlotte demands and tries to fix her hair.

"Turn it off!" I scream and the wind finally stops. Angered, we both storm over to the boys and I cross my arms. "Who started the helicopter?"

"Uhhh..." Henry began.

"Henry did it!" My dad accused and my gaze lands on Henry.

"Well, we're not really sure--"

"We're very sure, it was Henry."

"Well..."

"Henry, did you start the helicopter?!" I shout.

"Uh, maybe!" He panics. "I think so! I'm pretty sure! Why does it matter?! I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!"

"Well, next time you wanna start a helicopter, we'd appreciate it if you'd tell us so we can move our heads from the spinning blades!" Charlotte shrieks and I nod in agreement. They started to mumble something but we went on with our disparagement.

"Do you know how sharp those blades are?!" I ask them in anger.

We started shouting back and forth until we were forced to step off the platform. We watched as they lift off and began to fly away. Great. Now we were stranded up here with no ride to get back to the Man Cave.

***

"Schwoz, just come pick us up!" Charlotte orders Schwoz. We were currently calling him so we could go back to see Jasper. We want to go to town and have a day to ourselves, but since we were stranded, we couldn't! Oh, how I'm going to kill those boys when they get back.

"Why?"

"Because Henry and my dad left us here and we don't know when they're--" I look up and I see something falling from the sky.

"Soda!" Charlotte screams and we both run from the soda glass. It smashes on the rock we were sitting on, and we both look at each other with frustration and annoyance. "HEY! IT'S NOT COOL TO DROP SODA BOTTLES FROM THE--"

"They can't hear you." I remind her and she sighs.

***

Finally, me and Charlotte arrived at Junk-N-Stuff, but what we walked into made us both walk right out. Jasper and Piper were watching as cotton candy was spilling out of a cotton candy machine. It almost covered the whole floor. This was normal for me, but today I just couldn't do it.

"Charlotte! Audrey! Help us!" Jasper calls after us and we turn back around.

"Don't help me, I'm fine!" Piper assured us while eating some cotton candy.

"What happened in here?!" Charlotte asks and walks farther inside the store. I was amazed by the amount of cotton candy. It was almost like I wanted to jump in it.

"We turned on the cotton candy machine, and now we can't turn it off!" Jasper explains.

"Well, how much cotton sugar did you put in there?!"

Jasper picks up two empty jugs. "These two jugs." He pauses. "And about eight more."

"Jasper! Why would you-- ugh!"

"All right, don't worry about it," I tell him and they turn to me in confusion.

"Why not worry?"

"Because it's gonna stop eventually. And when it does, can't we just bring it all outside and hose it down?"

"Hey!" Piper yells. "You know what we can do in the meantime?"

"No, what?"

"Hm?"

"What can we do?!"

Piper jumps into the enormous pink cloud and sinks inside. Jasper turns to us and says, "She makes a good point."

Both Charlotte and I nod in agreement and decide to jump in the cotton candy.

***

Roughly an hour and a half has passed, and we were gathering up cotton candy to put outside. We've got most of the cotton candy outside, and now the pile was taller than.

Jasper drops some cotton candy in the pile. "Moving a thousand pounds of cotton candy is hard work."

"Well, ya know what'll make it easier next time?" Charlotte asks him.

"What?!"

"If you DON'T dump ten entire jugs of cotton sugar into the cotton candy machine all at once!" I answer for her, and she grins at me.

"You know, anyone can criticize." Jasper points out.

"Yeah, but I happen to be an expert at it," I reply and got some cotton candy out of my hair.

We walk back inside and Charlotte says, "Now, I'll get the rest of that cotton candy over there, Drey will get that pile, and Jasp will get that one." She points to each pile.

"To the pile!" Jasper grins and walks toward his pile.

I went to pick up some cotton candy, but I feel something, and I shriek which made Charlotte and Jasper jump.

"What happened?" Jasper asks.

"What?!" Charlotte rushes over to me.

"I-- I felt something!" I respond and I look at them with a worried expression.

"There's an animal in there!" Jasper whispers to both of us and I glare at him.

"An animal?" Both me and Charlotte said in disbelief.

Charlotte kneels and begins to dig through the cotton candy and Piper's face is shown. We all gasp at the sight, and we look down at her. Is she even alive?

"Piper?" Charlotte questions and stands up.

Jasper stares at her. "Oh my God!"

"Is she even alive?" I ask, more like asking myself.

"Ohhhhhhhh." Piper groaned. Hey, at least she isn't dead.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask Charlotte.

"I-- I think she's in a cotton candy coma." She replies and we share eye contact before looking back down at Piper.

"Ohhh. I love it." Piper groaned, staring up at the ceiling with a smile.

***

We continued to finish cleaning up the store. I dump some more cotton candy in the pile and I hear a helicopter. I look up and see a helicopter. It looks like Henry and my dad must be up there.

"Hey..." I call my friends over. "I think that's the helicopter my dad rented."

"Oh yeah! Let's wave." Jasper suggested and we all began to wave.

"Hiiiiiiii!"

"Hey, guys!"

"Look down here!"

The helicopter began to shake a bit and then something fell out of it. We all look up at it in confusion and curiosity.

"Hey... did Henry and my dad throw something out of the helicopter?" I ask them both as we continued to stare.

"Yeah... looks like a... a Captain Man action figure." Jasper points out and we both nod.

"Oh yeah. It does." Charlotte agrees and watches as it continues to fly down. But it didn't seem right.

I hear a faint scream and I look at them both. "Wait... do you two hear that?"

"Uh, yeah," Jasper responds. "Sounds like... that's not an action figure!"

"OH MY GOD, IT'S MY DAD!" I shriek and begin to panic. We begin to pace around as we figured out a solution.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Charlotte tells us and we freeze.

"What?" Both Jasper and I ask.

"He's gonna land on the cotton candy!"

"Oh yeah, he is!" I reply and a sigh of relief hit me.

"This is perfect!"

"I know!" I shout back.

"It's so serendipitous!" Jasper says.

"Okay, cut it out with the big vocabulary," I tell him and he nods.

We move out of the way and wait for my dad to land on the cotton candy. As he came closer, we point to the cotton candy pile to signal him to land on the cotton candy pile.

"Right here!"

"You got this!"

"We believe in you!"

"You'll be fine!" I reassured but that was a lie. Instead of landing on the cotton candy pile, he lands right next to it, which is hard cement. We all freeze as we watch my dad lies there.

"So close," Charlotte whispers to both of us.

"Mhm."

My dad grabs some cotton candy and lifted his head. "Owww!" He yells and lowers his head again. "I'm okay..."

He begins to crawl inside the pile and I look at Jasper and Charlotte. "So, wanna go into town now?"

"Yes."

"Yep."

***

Later that night, Henry invited me to sit with him while he flew the helicopter around. I was hesitant about it, but I decided to anyway because I barely spent time with him today.

We were currently in the air, flying around. It was late at night so the scenery was beautiful. I don't know why, but I find the city lit up beautifully. Me and Henry were silent most of the ride until he made the helicopter tilt and I found myself on his lap.

"Henry!" I blush and look over at him. "Why'd you do that?"

"Because... I haven't seen you all day." He replies and kisses my forehead. I grin. I love when he kisses my forehead.

"Okay. Fair." I reply and adjust my position on his lap. I face forward and I feel his chin rest against my head.

He locks his fingers with mine and uses the other to steer the helicopter. I smile softly at him. Whenever I'm with Henry, I feel safe. And loved.

My eyelids start to feel heavy. I lean against him and close my eyes. Henry's body warmth encases me and I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

"I think I'm in love with you, Drey." I hear Henry's voice softly say. I fell asleep before I could reply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 151 9
*เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš IN THE small town of swellview, secrets lurked in the shadows. among the ordinary residents, there was a man with extraordinary abilities, a s...
326K 5.3K 24
(STORY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED! BUT PLEASE STILL READ) Lindsey lives with her older brother. Her father is in the navy and is overseas, which means tha...
21K 200 37
just some random scenarios I made in my head that I thought I would put all in one place I don't own any of these characters apart from lily, who is...
1.3M 22.5K 67
Being the daughter of a superhero is difficult for Arabella Manchester but what makes it more difficult for her is the fact that she is kept secret f...