Henry Danger: Captain Man's D...

By gwldxns

BOOK 2 IS OUT NOW! Audrey Manchester isn't the typical teenager you thought she was. Turns out she's the a da... More

Audrey Manchester
Cast
The Danger Begins
Mo' Danger, Mo' Problems
The Secret Gets Out
Tears Of the Jolly Beetle
Substitute Teacher
Jasper Danger
The Space Rock
Birthday Girl Down
Too Much Game
Henry the Man-Beast
Invisible Brad
Spoiler Alert
Let's Make A Steal
Super Volcano
My Phony Valentine
Caved In
Elevator Kiss
Man Of The House
Dream Busters
Kid Grounded
Captain Jerk
The Bucket Trap
Audrey & The Bad Boy: Part 1
Audrey & The Bad Boy: Part 2
Jasper's Real Girlfriend
Season 2
The Beat Goes On
One Henry, and Three Girls: Part 1
One Henry, and Three Girls: Part 2
Captain Man: On Vacation
The Time Jerker
Secret Beef
Henry's Jelly
Christmas Danger
Indestructible Henry & Audrey: Part 1
Indestructible Henry & Audrey: Part 2
Text, Lies, & Video
Opposite Universe
Grave Danger
Ox Pox
Twin Henrys
Danger & Thunder: Part 1
Danger & Thunder: Part 2
I Know Your Secret
Season 3
Love Muffin
Scream Machine
Mouth Candy
The Trouble With Frittles
Hour of Power
Out Of This Capability
Dodging Danger
Double Date Danger
Space Invaders: Part 1
Space Invaders: Part 2
JAM Session
License to Fly
Green Fingers
Stuck in Three Holes
Live and Dangerous: Part 1
Live and Dangerous: Part 2
Balloons of Doom
Swellview's Got Talent
Season 4/New Book

A Fiñata Full Of Death Bugs

4.1K 62 22
By gwldxns

Audrey's POV

Jasper was coming to work in the Man Cave for the first time today! I was so excited to have another one of my friends down here and to spend more time with.

"I don't know about this, man, I dunno!" My dad cried out while pacing around in the Man Cave. He was unsure if Jasper should work with us, since, you know, this is Jasper we're talking about.

I wasn't paying attention, though. I was reading books and my legs were on Henry's lap. I learned to not pay attention to people when they freak out.

"It's gonna be great!" Henry replied, looking down at his PearPad.

"Oh, that's exactly what you said when you talked into eating one of those 'women's energy bars'." My dad retorted and I laughed without taking my eyes off my book. "Then I couldn't stop reading books about princesses!"

On a different note, Henry and me are talking? I don't know. Remember when we kissed? Yeah, we never said we were dating but everything seems to go back to normal? I don't know.

I don't know what me and Henry are, but we aren't official. But I really hope we get together. Not to be cheesy or anything, but he's everything I've looked in for a boyfriend.

Henry put his tablet down. "Dude, I've known Jasper my whole life!"

"That does not mean he's qualified to have a job here!" My dad argued and leaned against the couch next to me.

The tube beeped and Charlotte came down the tube. When the tube went up Charlotte skipped to us and rejoiced, "Oh, hey! Happy Saturday morning!"

"Hi, Char!" I exclaimed and closed my book.

"Yo." Henry greeted, not looking up to see Charlotte.

"Maybe you're happy!" My dad whined and walked over to Charlotte. He walked past her and I was getting pretty annoyed.

Henry stood up and I kicked my legs off him. "Char, will you tell Ray that Jasper working at Junk-N-Stuff isn't going to be a problem?"

Charlotte turned back to Henry when she reached the snack machine. "I can't tell lies before breakfast."

Henry sat back down and scrolled through his tablet. I scooted closer to him and looked down at his tablet. "Watcha doin'?"

"Just looking through Chirper." He replied casually and turned his PearPad off. "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for Jasp," I leaned back on the sofa. "I hope he does okay."

"Yeah, me too," Henry replied and I handed my dad a lady bar. I snickered and covered my mouth as I watched my dad take it.

"What's this?" He asked, looking at the bar.

"Lady bar," I answered truthfully. He gasped and threw the lady bar across the room.

"Scrambled eggs!" Charlotte yelled in the auto-snacker. She seemed a little annoyed.

"Scrambled eggs."

The monitor beeped and I looked over and the fourth camera showed Jasper standing outside, looking inside the store.

"He's here!" Henry exclaimed and ran to the monitor. I followed Henry and my dad groaned and reluctantly followed us. Henry glared at him before pressing a button on the monitor table. "Hey, what's up."

"Hey!" Jasper exclaimed and looked right at the camera. "Jasper Dunlop, here to see Captain Man and Kid Danger, and Quick Shot!"

"Shh!" Henry exclaimed and I cringed at Jasper's words. I cannot believe those words came out of his mouth.

My dad shut off the camera and grabbed my arm. "Did ya hear that? He's gonna blab all our secrets to the whole world!"

"No, not after we show him our video." Henry protested and my dad groaned, knowing Henry was right.

"Fine! Just get him down here, get him down here!"

I nodded and ran for the elevator. I tapped the button and the elevator opened and I stepped inside with Henry.

"Oh, I'm so excited!" I exclaimed when the elevator door closed and started to go up. I think I was way too excited for Jasper to be down here with us. I don't have too many memories with Jasper but this gives me the advantage to make more.

"Yeah, me too. I can't believe Jasper is going to work for Ray." Henry added and stood up straight. "I just hope he doesn't make a fool of himself."

"If we're gonna be honest here, he's gonna make a fool out of himself," I replied and stepped out of the elevator when the door opened.

I walked out to the store and opened the door for Jasper. Henry closed the door after him and looked at him strangely. "Why are you wearing a tie?"

Jasper looked down at his tie with buckets on it. "Oh, 'cause it's my first day at work and I wanna make a good impression."

"Take off the tie," Henry suggested and walked to the back of the store and I followed him. Jasper touched his tie and looked at us before following. Henry pressed the elevator button and Jasper gasped.

"Woah, the back room!" Jasper took in every small detail in the back room.

"Not that interesting," I replied and walked inside the elevator door with Jasper and Henry. I went to press the button but I remember that when the elevator goes down, it's very fast. I turned to Jasper. "Now, um, don't get scared."

"Dude, this ain't my first elevator ride." Jasper scoffed and crossed his arms.

Henry laughed. "Yeah, okay." I pressed the down button and the elevator started going down extremely fast, but I was used to this and so was Henry.

Jasper was screaming and flapping his arms around like a baby bird. He sounded like one, too. He held onto Henry and then moved to me and then back to Henry.

The elevator crashed down to the Man Cave and the elevator door opened.

"That was fun," I announced and walked into the Man Cave. My dad was standing with a remote in his hand.

"Okay, I got him." Henry gestured for Jasper to step out of the elevator, which he did after adjusting his shirt.

"Hey, boss!" Jasper greeted, grinning. My dad pressed the button on the remote and the tv by the elevator went down.

My dad rolled his eyes and tried his best to look happy which wasn't helping. "Good morning, Jasper."

"Guess what I'm wearing." Jasper looked down at his outfit and back at my dad.

"A goofy tie?" He replied, unamused.

"No, what I'm wearing down here." He pointed to his waist and Henry looked embarrassed.

"Son, I uh— I don't wanna know..."

"Captain Manderpants!" Jasper showed us the underwear with Captain Man on the front.

"Henry?" My dad looked back and forth at me and Henry. "Audrey?"

"Put your underwear back in your pants, you're making him uncomfortable," Henry muttered under his breath to Jasper and he quickly put them back in and looked ashamed.

I looked around for Charlotte. "Where did Char go?"

"I dunno," My dad shrugged. "Probably somewhere. Now, Jasper—"

"Yes, Captain!" Jasper saluted and I got second-hand embarrassment for him.

"First, never do that. Secondly, if you're gonna work upstairs in Junk-N-Stuff, the most important thing to remember is to never reveal my identity, Audrey's identity, or Henry's."

Jasper nodded at my dad. "I get it."

"You will get it." My dad said in a threatening tone. "When you watch this video." He pressed the button on the remote and the video began to play.

"Never tell the secret!"

A picture of my dad, Henry, and me appeared in our superhero uniforms.

"Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot. If you're watching this video, that means you know their true, secret identities: Ray Manchester, Henry Hart, and Audrey Manchester."

A picture of my dad, Henry, and me all smiling and huddling together showed up.

"I love that pic of us," I commented and smiled at it.

"Yeah, we look good." Henry agreed and shook his head while smiling.

"Revealing the secret could have terrible consequences." An explosion boomed on the screen. "Such a tragedy. The end of the Earth as we know it. And loss of bladder control." It showed a video of a man running side the women's bathroom. "Aw, no! And now, a personal warning to you, from Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot."

A video appeared on the screen. "Never tell the secret." Captain Man said.

"Or this could happen to you." I saw myself point to the camera and Captain Man adjusted my arm.

A watermelon was sitting on a small table of wood and it had an animated face. "Hey, friend! Guess what? Captain Man is really Ray Manchester and his daughter is Audrey Manchester who is secretly Quick Shot. And Kid Danger, why he's really a boy named Henry Hart. Ain't that a juicy secret?" The watermelon giggled and then was smashed and the video was zoomed on our faces as we shook our heads. "Don't do it."

The video ended and my dad made the video go back up. I smiled and looked over at Jasper who turned around to face us with a smile on his face as well.

"Any questions?" I asked and Jasper nodded eagerly at me.

"How'd you guys get that watermelon to talk?" He asked and my dad looked at me and Henry with an angered expression.

"Help!" A voice shrieked and we all turned our heads.

I had a puzzled look on my face. "Wait, was that..."

"Help me!" The voice yelled again. That was Charlotte! I sprinted over to the auto-snacked and grabbed her hand that was sticking out. "I'm uncomfortable!" She cried out and I tried my best to yank her out. My dad came running over and he stood behind me.

"Help me get her outta here!" I insisted and he nodded, grabbing onto Charlotte's other hand.

My dad was trying his hardest. "You're not supposed to crawl into the machine!"

We were interrupted when the alarm blared. I lost my focus and dropped Charlotte's hands out of my grip. I wonder what's happening. Henry was already over by the monitor so he accepted the alert while Jasper yelled, "What's going on?"

Henry groaned and read the alert in his head. I furrowed my eyebrows at him while asking, "What is it?"

"There's an emergency at the airport," Henry replied and stepped away from the monitor.

"Ooh, is a flight delayed?" Jasper questioned and we all looked over at him with a look of exasperation.

"No!" Henry denied and my dad pulled me and Henry over to the tubes.

"C'mon, kids."

Jasper followed us and stood a few feet in front of us all. "What are you guys gonna do?"

Henry put his gumball container back in his pocket after chewing on a gumball. "We've got a crime to thawt."

I popped a gumball in my mouth. "At the Swellview Airport," I added and Henry grinned, nodding at me.

"Woah. Do you guys plan those rhymes?" Jasper's eyes went between me and Henry.

We turned to look at each other and then shook our heads. Henry responded with, "No. They sort of just come out."

Jasper slightly nodded, understanding. He then perked up and asked, "Wait, what about Charlotte?"

All three of us put our fingers up to silence Jasper. We blew our bubble in sync and also transformed into our superhero uniforms in synch. Jasper gasped. I could tell he was still shocked about us being superheroes.

We jogged over to Charlotte and I asked, "Hey Char, how's it goin' in there?"

"It's going bad!" She screamed back which was muffled since she was in the auto-snacker. "Get me out of this thing!"

"We can't— we've got an emergency." Captain Man awkwardly replied.

"I'm an emergency!"

Kid Danger stepped in front of the snack machine. "Well, I mean, can you breathe okay?" In response, muffled shouting was heard. "Okay, what'd she say?"

"Uh, I'm pretty sure she said, 'Hey, I'm good, you guys go do watcha gotta do'." I lied and felt a bit guilty about it. "Don't worry Char, Schwoz should be back in about two to three hours!"

We all sprinted to the tubes and stood on our platforms. I hugged Kid Danger's waist and we tapped our belt buckles.

"Wait!" Jasper stopped us from saying our phrase and asked, "What am I supposed to do while you guys are out fighting crime?"

"Just go up to Junk-N-Stuff and watch the store!" I explained to the clueless boy.

"But I have some questions about my job."

"We'll answer all your questions right after we say 'up the tube'." Captain Man promised and I snickered.

"Up the tube!" The three of us said, synchronized, and we were flying up the tube.

***

When the tubes went up, I dropped my arms from Kid Danger's waist and walked down the four steps from the tube platform.

Captain Man was holding a fish fiñata that consisted of five colors: purple, yellow, red, orange, and blue. Although the fiñata looked harmless, it had zom-bee's which are basically bees but are zombies. They will fly into your ears and then eat your brains. Cool, right? 

I turned my head over to see Schwoz yanking Charlotte's body out of the auto-snacker by her head. She was halfway out and trying to push herself while pressing her hands on the wall.

Schwoz noticed that we arrived and he turned his head while still yanking her out. "Oh, what a pretty fish you have!" He exclaimed, talking about the fiñata.

"You're squeezing my head too hard!" Charlotte informed and Schwoz looked back over at her.

"Well, what would you want me to do?!"

"Let go!"

"K." Schwoz took his hands off Charlotte and she was sucked back inside the auto-snacker and the small window closest. All three of us looked at Schwoz with a weird face when he walked over to us.

Kid Danger looked at me, the auto-snacker, and back to Schwoz. "Uh, did Charlotte just get sucked into—"

"Relax, I'll get her out in a minute," Schwoz promised and looked down at the fiñata. "Why do you have that thing?"

"This thing is finata." Captain Man corrected and I nodded, agreeing with him.

I looked at the fiñata as I spoke. "Yeah, see, it's like a piñata, but, like, fish-themed." I looked back over at Schwoz.

"I know what a fiñata is." He retorted and I gave him a sour look in return.

"Well, I bet you don't know that this fiñata is filled with live Zom-bees." I snapped and watched him gasp. He ran behind the couch and knelt down so he was fully behind it.

He was stuttering at this point. "You can't bring Zom-bees into the Man Cave! If that fiñata breaks, they will fly into our ears and munch on our brains!"

He was completely correct.

"We know," Kid Danger replied and shrugged at him. "Yeah, so, how do we get rid of it?"

"Take it upstairs to Junk-N-Stuff." Captain Man responded and shoved the fiñata in his arms which made Schwoz jump a bit. "I'll call animal control and have 'em come pick up that fiñata of death."

"Okay, I'll bring it upstairs." He listened and made his way to the elevator.

"Don't forget to change your clothes." He added and I almost forgot, too.

"Oh, yeah." Kid Danger bent over to grab his bubblegum container from his back pocket and nearly dropped the fiñata which resorted to the boys yelling.

"Geez, Henry!" Captain Man scolded. "Be careful with that thing!"

"Guys, chill out. I'm not gonna drop it." Kid Danger replied and put a bubblegum in his mouth.

"Do you have it?" I crossed my arms and looked him right in the eyes.

"Yeah."

"Are you good?"

"It's fine."

Captain Man talked over us. "Do you need me to come with you?"

"No?" Kid Danger looked annoyed and pressed the elevator button.

"Do you want me to come?" I asked and chewed on a bubblegum. 

"Yeah." He responded and tried not to smile. I rolled my eyes, smiling, and reluctantly walked inside the elevator.

***

"Hey, Jasper!" I exclaimed when I walked out of the elevator in my regular outfit. There was no answer. I looked in the store and Jasper wasn't there. Weird.

"Yo, Jasp?" Henry called out and there was still no response. Henry's wristwatch started to beep and he placed the fiñata on the small table a few feet in front of the front desk.

Henry flipped the top of this wristwatch and my dad appeared on the hologram stating, "Schwoz and I are tryin' to pull Charlotte out of the auto-snacker and we need another pair of hands."

"Okay, we'll be down in a sec." He flipped the top of the wristwatch down and we started to walk to the back of the store.

"How do you get stuck in the auto-snacker?" I asked, genuinely confused. This has never happened before. Ever.

"I have no idea," Henry replied and then he snickered. "I bet it's comfy in there."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I think so."

I really wanted to ask Henry about this kiss we shared a few days ago. Did he really mean it? Or was he just doing it for the fun of it? I needed answers because I think I have a crush on him.

I decided to stay quiet as he pressed the button on the elevator.

***

After a while of attempting to get Charlotte out of the auto-snacker, she was sucked back in. Again. Everyone was frustrated, including me.

Henry ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Well, how are we gonna get her outta there?!"

"Hey... how 'bout this?" My dad placed his hand on the auto-snacker and said, "Charlotte."

"Charlotte." The auto-snacker repeated and she flew out of the auto-snacker. Finally! Charlotte stood up after falling onto the floor, face first.

"You okay?" I asked her while she rubbed her arms.

She looked at me with the most annoyed look and I was almost afraid of her. "No, I am not okay! And I still never got my scrambled eggs." She walked back up to the auto-snacker and looked down at the window.

"Scrambled eggs." The auto-snacker said and scrambled eggs flew onto Charlotte's face. Everyone was dead silent. Charlotte slowly turned around and the eggs on her face made me want to laugh.

"You uh... ya got some—" My dad spoke but Charlotte shushed him by snapping her neck toward him.

The monitor beeped and I looked over at it. It was Jasper from upstairs. I walked over to the monitor and pressed the button. "Hey Jasper, what's up?"

"There's two guys here from animal control, asking about some Zom-bees?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah." I nodded and Henry stepped over to me.

"The Zom-bees are inside of the purple fiñata." He explained and Jasper nodded.

"Oh. I sold the fiñata." Nice going, Jasper. Whoever bought that fiñata is probably getting their brains eaten out.

Henry sighed. "Great, then just give it to— YOU SOLD THE FIÑATA?!"

"Yeah!" He exclaimed. "And a waterbed."

"Wh—" I was completely lost for words. "Well, who'd you sell it to?"

"Piper."

"PIPER?!" Henry and I both shrieked. My dad ended the call in pure anger.

"Do you realize what'll happen if those Zom-bees get outta that fiñata?!" My dad exclaimed at both of us while Henry was panicking.

"Okay, okay, don't worry about it!" Henry told, watching as my dad walked the other way in disapproval. "I'm sure Piper just, like, took it home and put it in her room or something."

"Oh, please, Henry!" I scoffed at his dumb conclusion. "Who buys a fiñata and doesn't do anything with it?"

***

Henry paced around the room when Jasper arrived. He was fuming and groaning as he had the idea of his own sister dying in his head.

"How could you give my sister a fiñata full of death bugs?" He cried out to Jasper and my dad was nodding behind Henry.

"I didn't know there were bugs in it!" Jasper protested and he had a point. Yes, Henry can be worried and scared for Piper but Jasper didn't know.

"Well, there are!" My dad defended Henry's case. "There's at least fifty Zom-bees inside that fiñata!"

"Okay, yelling at Jasper isn't gonna help anything." I stepped in.

"Thank you!" Jasper said.

"Do you realize how dangerous those bees are?" My dad asked me, staring intensely at me.

"Yes, Dad! I was there when we collected those bees! They fly into your head, through your ears, and then they feed upon your brain! I wasn't born yesterday."

"Okay, just—" Henry walked up to Jasper. "Did my sister say she was going anywhere?"

Jasper thought for a few moments while he looked for an answer. "Uh... yeah. Some friend of hers' birthday party!"

"Oh, yeah!" Henry snapped his fingers. "Uh, Gabby Birch!"

"Who's Gabby Birch?" I asked.

"Her friend!" Henry informed and fished for his bubblegum container in his pockets. "C'mon, let's blow and go."

"No, are you insane!" My dad protested.

"What?" Me and Henry asked.

"We can't just run in there as Captain Man, Kid Danger, and Quick Shot and be like, 'hey kids! We're here at the party because we were worried that some killer bugs might fly into your heads and eat your brains, happy birthday, Gabby'!" My dad ranted and as much as I hate to admit it, he had a point.

"All right, all right, then we just gotta sneak in, grab the fiñata, and get outta there fast." I planned and they seemed set on it.

"Oh, c'mon!" Charlotte finally shouted after she finished getting the eggs off her face.

"What?" I inquired.

"How are you guys gonna sneak into a birthday party without being seen?"

My dad and Henry looked at each other with a smirk on their face. This is not going to end well when they plan stuff.

***

Henry slowly opened the gate to Gabby's backyard. I stayed close behind and my dad was right behind me. Henry fully opened the gate and walked inside the backyard.

I looked around and saw kids huddled around the fiñata tied to the tree and whacking the fiñata... harshly.

"Look!" I whispered-yelled and got the boys' attention. "They're whacking the fiñata." My dad gasped and then held his breath.

"I don't get why this stupid fiñata won't break." The girl who was whacking the fiñata screamed and hit it harder. The scene of the death bugs eating their brains frightens me and I've seen a lot of stuff.

"Here, I found a shovel, Marla!" Piper announced when she walked through the gate on the other side of the backyard.

"Whack it, Piper!" Marla, I'm assuming, yelled and Piper went full at the fiñata with the shovel.

"Dear God, she's using a shovel." Henry squeaked and tensed up. He held onto my arm and dug his nails into my skin.

"Ouch, Hen!" I hissed and he jumped, putting his hands at his sides.

"Hello...?" A blonde woman walked up to us.

Henry looked at me and my dad before answering, "Uh... hey."

"How are you?" I asked, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Oh, I'm Mrs. Birch, the birthday girl's mom." She shook our hands. "Okay, so, who is who? Who's Burples, Bubbles, and Smütz?" Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Henry and my dad's plan was dressing up as clowns for the birthday party.

"I'm Burples." We all said at the same time which made us all turn to look at each other. I shook my head and said, "I'm Schmütz." At the same time as Henry and my dad which made me a bit annoyed.

Mrs. Birch laughed at us fuming. "You three really are clowns!" I didn't know if I was supposed to take that as a compliment or an insult.

"Thanks, a lot." I sarcastically smiled at her. She didn't see the sarcasm.

"Well... I'll just leave the entertainment up to you guys, then."

"That'll be great, ma'am, thank you." My dad replied and pulled me and Henry aside. We watched anxiously as they hit the fiñata. "Dang it, they're gonna break that thing open any second!" My dad whispered-yelled to us.

"Uh..." I trailed off as I watched closely. I then turned over to them. "Ooh, I got a plan! I got a plan."

I walked over to the kids and smiled happily. "Hey, kids! Hey! Over here, kids." I said in a weird accent and I could see out of the corner of my eye that Henry was laughing.

"What are you doing?" Henry whispered to me, containing his laughter. I shushed him and he remained silent. My dad walked over to me and Henry followed.

"What?" Gabby practically yelled at me. Her outfit was really ugly.

"You wanna know what's more fun than whackin' a fiñata?" My dad joined in with another weird accent.

"Tell us!" The kids yelled, then chattered about the situation.

"Balloons—"

"Whackin' Burples the clown!" Henry yelled, interrupting my dad. I guess Burples is my dad? The kids liked this idea since they eagerly ran over to my dad.

"No, no, no!" My dad yelled as they began to run over to us.

"You're indestructible!" Henry reminded, whispering.

"So?"

"So just take it." I glared and walked away from him with Henry. I turned back to see my dad getting beaten up and Henry pulled me behind the snack bar.

"So... what's your plan?" I asked as my dad ran around the yard to get away from the kids.

"This." Henry walked over to the fiñata and attempted to pull it off the string but failed miserably.

"Is it that hard?" I walked up to the fiñata and grabbed it from him. I yanked the fiñata but it didn't come off the string. Wow, that's weird. "Swing on it."

"You dare me to?"

"Yeah."

Henry climbed onto the fiñata and sat on it, beginning to swing on it. He then stood on it and grabbed onto the branch on top for support.

"Well, this really worked." I sarcastically said and watched Henry jump on the fiñata that would not budge.

"I think you need to come on here, too."

"Henry, if this a trick for us to be super close then no."

"Hey!" A man yelled and everyone went quiet. I turned around and three clowns stood in front of the kids. "That clown ain't supposed to be here." He pointed to my dad.

"Yeah, we booked this job!" The shorter clown added.

"Huh?" Mrs. Birch tilted her head slightly in confusion.

"Uh, look, uh..." My dad stepped out from the crowd of kids. "There's a perfectly rational explanation—"

"Why don't you shut up and get outta here!" The clown with yellow hair suggested, walking over to my dad.

"Uh, are you guys threatening me?"

"Maybe." The clown replied and flicked my dad on his forehead. Henry and I shared glances at each other when my dad shrieked.

He looked back over at the clowns. "Oh, that's it. You're goin' down, clown." The clowns got into a fighting position and the kids started to chant: clown fight.

As they walked in circles, Henry kept on jumping on the fiñata. The chanting continued and my dad got into the clown's faces, making them back up and flinch.

A force knocked me to the ground. I groaned in pain and looked up to see Henry was no longer standing on the fiñata. Actually, the fiñata was no longer on the rope.

I sat up next to Henry and in front of us was the fiñata ripped open and the Zom-bees flew out. We quickly covered our ears and my dad hollered, "The Zom-bees!"

The Zom-bees went right for the clowns that were trying to fight my dad. They screamed in pain and the kids covered their ears in fear.

"It's hurting my brain!" The clown with pink hair shrieked and ran out of the backyard. "They're killing us!" Karma's a bitch.

I stood up with Henry and we gave my dad a weird look. We turned around to see the kids mortified. Our jaws dropped, I completely forgot that they were here. "Happy birthday, Gabby." We said in unison.

"We hope you have more. Okay, we gotta go." Henry walked to the fence with me and my dad following, awkwardly saying our goodbyes.

"Woah, clowns?" Mrs. Birch stopped us and we turned around.

"Yeah, what's up, big dog?" My dad questioned.

"You're supposed to stay and entertain the children until five o'clock." She checked her watch. "That's two more hours."

"Oh. Uhhh...."

I begin to say, "The thing about that is..."

Piper came running over to us. "Hey! Gabby wants you clowns to make some stuff with balloons."

"But we... got to go."

"So do it." She demanded, giving us a death stare while we looked down.

***

My dad turned around with an airplane made out of balloons. "Look kids, airplane." My dad announced and handed it to Gabby.

On the other hand, I was blowing bubbles since I was really bad at making balloons. Heck, I can't even blow one up.

Henry was struggling with the balloons. He didn't know how to tie them or to even get them to function. He kept on looking at me and the kids, his back turned. I was occasionally laughing at him and he would give me a look. But a playful look. When he gave up on the two balloons, he turned around and made them look like an X.

"Uhhh... look, I made an X." He held it up for the kids to see it. Everyone was silent and unamused. He then looked up at Mrs. Birch and asked, "How much longer do we have to be here?"

She checked her watch and looked back over at Henry. "An hour and fifty-five minutes."

"Oh, God." My dad groaned grabbed the balloons from Henry and turned around. I was having a good time blowing my bubbles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 783 14
Audrey Manchester never expected her life to have adventures everyday. One day it could be fighting crime or the next it could be obsessing over her...
4.6K 130 6
"This is so, so wrong." "Don't tell me you're scared of Jasper?" In a city of below-average intelligence citizens, she seems to be...
91.4K 892 54
The D'Amelios have a middle child that becomes famous while Charli is as well. What happens when she is friends with all the sway boys before sway w...
202K 4.9K 47
~~~First Book Of Three~~~ Aubree Winters is your normal 14 year old. Except that a month ago her superhero brother died in a collapsed building. Aubr...