The Joker | Scaramouche

By soranya-

「 𝐉𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐑? 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐀 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐍? 」 Scaramouche was known to have a foul m... More

𝟎𝟎 | 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔?
𝟎𝟏 | 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐄
𝟎𝟐 | 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝟎𝟑 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝟎𝟒 | 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐊
𝟎𝟓 | 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃
𝟎𝟔 | 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄
𝟎𝟕 | 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐄
𝟎𝟖 | 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝟎𝟗 | 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐒
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔?
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐄
𝟏𝟑 | 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄
𝟏𝟕 | 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑?
𝟐𝟎 | 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
𝟐𝟏 | 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐋
𝟐𝟐 | 𝐅𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄
𝟐𝟑 | 𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄
𝟐𝟒 | 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄
𝟐𝟓 | 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐅
𝟐𝟔 | 𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝟐𝟕 | 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄?
𝟐𝟖 | 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐊𝐀𝐊𝐔
𝟐𝟗 | 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄
𝟑𝟎 | 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝟑𝟏 | 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝟑𝟐 | 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄
𝟑𝟑 | 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋
𝟑𝟓 | 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏
𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐈
𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐈
𝟑𝟔 | 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌
𝟑𝟕 | 𝐏𝐀𝐘𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

𝟑𝟒 | 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐌𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

7K 366 650
By soranya-

a/n: it's been too long oopsies

Thoma led Y/n to her room once again, since she had quite the forgetful memory. She thought her room would be in a poor condition since she was only there for whatever plan Ayato had in mind. However, the guest room was more well-kept and organized than she had expected.

"We usually use this room to greet figures of great importance so I was ordered to clean and maintain it daily," Thoma explained when he caught the glimpse of surprise on her face. "I'll leave you be then. Please call me if you need anything."

"Thank you."

He left the room, leaving Y/n to silently observe her surroundings before falling onto the soft mattress of the bed. The silk pillowcase felt smooth under her fingertips. She closed her eyes as fatigue took over.

The pretentious act she had to put up, the way her muscles tensed every second she walked around the Kamisato's territoryーthey all faded. She could feel her mask slipping away as she hugged herself tightly in bed.

"Scara...save me..." Her fingers dug into her arms in helplessness and fury. Her barely audible whisper faded as she drifted to a deep slumber. Fatigue got the better of her as the wrinkles on her face loosened.

Her vision went black and right after her plea for help, an electrifying aura surrounded the room. A wisp of purple smoke whirled around her and Scaramouche's figure slowly formed. A smile was on his lips as he stared at the sleeping girl, curled up and slightly shivering without her blanket.

A frown replaced his smile when he spotted the hydro elemental mark on her forehead. Enmity etched on his facial features as he stroked away the mark, his hand twitching uncontrollably. He had almost revealed the murderous intent in him. Almost.

"That Kamisato brat..."

The peck Ayato placed on her forehead was not solely just an act. He had placed it there to provoke Scaramouche. He wanted him riled up. He wanted him to snap and come for his neck.

He was baiting him.

"Hah...I see now..." Scaramouche laughed, keeping his calm as he stroked the electro mark on the back of Y/n's neck. A sheen coat of lavender surrounded her body as all the small traces of elemental marks left on her through physical touch were cleansed thoroughly in his presence.

The sly brat wasn't aiming for Y/n. He was aiming for Scaramouche from the very start.

"Y/n...sleep well..." Scaramouche whispered gently in her ear, his face incredibly close to hers. He then tilted his head and kissed her cheek, his figure slowly fading to nothingness leaving the remnants of smoke.

-

"Miss Y/n, I brought you breakfast." A shy voice came from the door. Y/n was fairly surprised to hear Ayaka outside her room. She had expected Thoma to serve her food since it was his duty.

Y/n stood up and pulled the doors open. They slid away from each other and Ayaka was revealed to hold a tray of dishes.

"Wow...thank you." Y/n drooled at the sight of egg rolls, onigiri, and Dango milk. "Did you make them?"

"Yes!" Ayaka said a bit too excitedly. She then realized her tone and lowered her voice. "I had nothing to do so..." She averted her eyes from Y/n, who could tell that it was a lie. She was an essential part of the Yashiro Commission so she was naturally busy every day.

Y/n didn't understand why Ayaka wanted to hide the truth but she didn't pressure her for answers.

"Want to join?" She nudged her head to the room and Ayaka blushed.

"I'll be going now. I'm fine. Thank you for the offer," she said quickly and left. Y/n stared at her scurrying back. She was akin to a bashful, timid lady on a run from her suitor.

"Hmm..." Y/n slowly walked back into her room and sat down on the tatami floor in an unorthodox manner. Her right leg was propped on her left knee as she dangled it there with her elbows holding her up.

She stuffed a whole egg roll into her mouth without hesitation and smeared a small crumb of it on the corner of her lips. She probably looked extremely discourteous eating like that in the Kamisato residence.

But she gave zero fucks.

"Scara..." She swallowed the remainder of the egg roll. She wanted to try something. "Care to clean this up for me?"

She waited in silence patiently, pointing at her crumb with a smile that slowly twitched in annoyance as seconds passed. After half a minute, she slapped her thigh and heaved a sigh.

"What was I thinking...?"

Then, she heard a sharp voice behind her. "Dumbass. You look like a fool with that crumb on your face."

A zap jolted her back straight and she shivered, releasing a shaky breath as slender cold fingers took her chin and tilted it to the side. A ghost-like Scaramouche leaned in and licked the corner of her mouth clean. A haughty smirk was shown on his lips as he finished the deed.

He looked as if he was about to be carried away by the wind when Y/n tried to pull on his sleeves. The translucent fabric slipped off her hands and she desperately shouted.

"Wait!"

Scaramouche paused and slowly turned his head back. His eyes softened when landing upon Y/n. How he wished he could take her right there and then. If only he didn't have to be so cautious since he betrayed the Fatui.

"You're leaving me again?"

"..." Scaramouche did not reply as he stared at Y/n wistfully.

"I will come for you when the time comes. Mark my words. There is nothing to be afraid of as long as I'm here." He spoke in a low voice, gentle yet resolute. He leaned in, his eyes resting on her lips.

Though his lips were linked to hers, she couldn't feel the warmth. All she felt were cold lips that felt like they could be blown away with a single breath of air from her mouth and the moment she blinked, he had disappeared from her sight.

Just like that, she was alone again in this foreign nation, in this cruel world that was not so different from her own. The only thing that comforted her was the birds chirping softly outside under the blue sky.

Slap.

"No, no, Y/n, this isn't like you!" She suddenly slapped herself, scolding herself while she was at it. "You are supposed to be strong and independent! Not some weak, pathetic simp for some dude who hasn't even done the fandango yet!"

She slapped herself again and her skin is now red. "What the duck were you even thinking yesterday?! How could you resort to such lowly methods? Damn, let me punch you instead."

She lifted a fist and was about to swing it across her face when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her up. Her eyes met the ocean and she froze.

"I will not condone self-harm on our premises," Ayato spoke with smiling yet scary eyes. He looked like he was threatening her instead of genuinely smiling, which was understandable considering what she was doing to herself.

"I wiLL nOt cOndoNe self-harm on oUr pRemiSes."

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused, Ayaboba Bobasato! Now let go of me before I pull a Bruce Lee on you," Y/n hissed. She raised a hand with her index and middle fingers up in an attempt to threaten him. "You do not know the horrors these fingers have done..."

Ayato raised a brow.

"They have explored multiple asses that later on suffered from either constipation or diarrhea. I call this...TEN THOUSAND YEARS OF PAIN!!!" Y/n shrieked, getting into a battle stance. Her shrill voice made the other wince as he looked at her in both disgust and mild curiosity.

"Don't want you to poop out soggy boba now do we?" Y/n smirked as if she had won the fight. Her cockiness wasn't even recognized as Ayato slowly approached her and quickly brought his hand to the side of her neck, immobilizing her with a single chop.

Y/n's eyes rolled to the back of her head and Ayato caught her in his arms securely. He sighed for the first time that week and called for Thoma. The blond came rushing with a wet towel in hand, sweat clinging to his inner shirt.

"Yes, my lord?" He glanced at the unconscious Y/n. He could already predict what his lord was going to say.

"Get a doctor here. I believe she is not in the right mindset."

Now he did not expect that.

"Of course, my lord."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.5K 21
◎𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕◎ The wanderer was wanted and chased by the Shogunate's army. There was too much of them. He thought it was his end. But familiar li...
28.8K 963 19
An AU where Aether lost the fight against The Balladeer, and was taken to Snezhnaya. - "You're all mine now," Scaramouche laughed lightly. The tone w...
3.8K 200 28
GenshinxReader Your old friend, the Traveler, awakens you to invite you to the upcoming Freedom Festival set in Mondstadt, you graciously accept and...
217K 3.6K 32
❝ 𝑨𝒘, 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆. 𝑰𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒔𝒌 �...