Golden Hope | Fire Emblem Thr...

By Edentopia

Eliza Marvine was a commoner who grew up on the edge of the Leicester Alliance. Hoping to make her family pro... More

Foreword
About Eliza Marvine
New Beginnings
Meeting Another House
New Faces
A First Battle
The Fun of Pranks
The Coming of a Compass
A True Battle
The Mundane Life
Birthday Schemes
Assault at the Rite of Rebirth
To Covet a Heart
Tower in a Storm
Who is Claude?
The Consequences of Being a Witness
Fish and Fear
Fractured Ties (Eliza's Paralogue)
Battle of the Eagle and Lion
To Love and To Hate
The Repercussions of Heartbreak
A Hidden Promise
Suspicions and Revelations
The Holy Tomb
The Battle of Garreg Mach
Renewed Dreams
Officially Unofficial
Imperial Invasion
Battle of Fury and Flame
Bridges and Banters
Battle of the Eagle and Lion
Aftermath of Carnage
The Golden Scheme
Javelins of Light
The Calm in the Storm
Strategies in Motion
Eliza and Goliath
Rapid Recovery, Realizations and Reflections
The Road Less Traveled By
Mystery Hunt
A Battle Between Dark vs Light
A Future of Threatened Dreams
An Ancient Foe
Fódlan's New Dawn
A Promise Fulfilled

The Price of Forgiveness

181 8 4
By Edentopia

Part 1: Silver Clouds

Red Wolf Moon

The Flame in the Darkness

    Eliza was sitting with the Blue Lions engaged in a talk with Felix and Ingrid about sword wielding techniques when she felt a presence behind her. Her blue eyes shifted from friendly to the look she would give a foe, "Claude."

    "Eliza," Claude greeted nervously, "Could we talk privately?"

    The blonde frowned at his request and sighed, "I am afraid that I do have matters to attend to. I'm sure there are tasks that you would need to attend to as well."

    Eliza walked away from him towards her room when Lysithea met her, "Hey, let's go to town."

    "Sure," she smiled and they returned to the town.

    "Eliza," Lysithea spoke, "The Golden Deer found out what happened between you and Claude yesterday."

    "I see," Eliza did not have many words to say about the matter.

    "We're all super upset at Claude for what he did to you."

    Eliza frowned, "Please do not be upset at Claude for something that involves me. After all, what happened between him and I should not tarnish his relations with everyone else."

    "Eliza, you are our friend and classmate too," her friend protested, "We care about your well-being and want you back in the Golden Deer. You belong with us."

    Eliza gave her best friend a long look, "It's hard to want to return to Golden Deer with the devious Claude von Riegan at the helm."

    "Would you be able to think about it?" Lysithea requested.

    "For you, I can," Eliza smiled.

    She parted ways with the white haired girl and was approached by Byleth, "Professor, is there something you need?"

    "Would you be free for tea?"

    Eliza nodded her head, "Of course."

    Byleth had poured her an Alymran Pine Needle tea and she took a sip, "This is as good as I remember. What would you like to discuss?"

    "I would like to speak with you about how your time with the Blue Lions is going," Byleth said.

    "I am enjoying my time with them," Eliza admitted, "But I do miss the antics that come with the Golden Deer. After all, that was the original house I was assigned to. It has only been a day, but the difference is noticeable."

    Eliza's held sadness as she thought of her former classmates. Even though the Blue Lions were nice, they did not know the truth about her. While the Golden Deer had accepted it, how would the Blue Lions react. That, she did not know.

    Byleth sipped her tea, "I see. I must admit that while you only left for one day so far, I do miss teaching you."

    "You are an amazing professor," Eliza commended, "I will miss having your guidance everyday. I felt like I learned so much from you."

    "Would you ever consider returning to Golden Deer?" Byleth asked her.

    Eliza thought long before answering, "That all depends on what happens with Claude. I spoke with Lysithea and heard of what occurred in the aftermath of our falling out. It is still hard to think about his words and how he does not need me. But professor, I know he didn't mean any of them. His eyes did not convey the same emotional weight of his words and that is probably what hurts the most. He is doing this to protect me, but this is worst thing he could have done."

    She took a sharp breath, "I apologize if I were rambling."

    "You should speak with him," Byleth advised, "Perhaps some time alone to speak with him might be beneficial for both of you."

    "Only time will tell," Eliza replied, "Thank you for the tea, professor. I would love the opportunity to partake in this with you again."

    She left tea time with Byleth and saw Freya off in the distance, "Freya!"

    The Larkern heir stopped walking and turned around. She greeted her new classmate with a smile, "Eliza, is everything alright?"

    "It is," Eliza smiled, "I just wanted to thank you again for being so welcoming."

    "Of course," the brunette replied, "That is what the Blue Lions is all about. Dimitri seems happy to have you as part of the class."

    "He really does," Eliza laughed lightly.

    They parted ways and Eliza decided to go out to her special place in the mountains. She gained clearance from Byleth to clear her head. She took a pegasus and flew to Alliance territory.

    The mountainside was just as beautiful as ever. While winter was fast approaching, that did not take away the enchanting aura this land gave off. She lay down on the ground and admired the clear sunsetting sky.

    "Mother, father..." Eliza murmured, "If you were here, what would you tell me to do?"

    Her parents were in Almyra handling familial affairs on her mother's side. Eliza would have gone with them, but her parents wanted her to continue learning at the Officers Academy. If her father knew what Claude had done, he would surely draw his blade against the teenager despite the consequences. While he was older, he was still a strong warrior in his own right. Still, the idea of Claude getting what was coming to him was enticing.

Deciding to go train to get her mind off things, Eliza returned to the monastery. She picked up a sword and swung it through the air with ease. Her blue eyes sharp and focused on the movement of the blade. She got in position and imagined herself in the mountains with her father instructing her to hold a stick. It was a delicate dance of warriors.

"Eliza," Claude's voice ruined her concentration.

Eliza turned and swung at Claude unintentionally. The noble jumped back with his arms raised in surrender. The blonde's blue eyes widened as she sheathed the sword, "I apologize, Claude. I did not see you there."

"Eliza," Claude pleaded, "Please come back to the Golden Deer."

Eliza frowned, "Why should I do that?"

"Everyone misses you," Claude tried to plead, "I miss you."

Eliza gave him a dirty look, "You miss me? I thought you said you did not need me."

Claude had a guilty look on his face as he looked down at the ground, "I was wrong. I just wanted to protect you and keep you away from danger."

"You have a funny way of expressing that," Eliza said in a distant tone.

Claude mustered the courage to hold her hand. Eliza's blue eyes widened as she muttered, "Claude, I am no stranger to danger and battle. My father was a beloved knight of the Alliance and my mother a warrior in her own right. I don't need you to worry about me."

"I always am going to worry about you," Claude frowned, "I won't ever stop. I'm going to do something that I've never done before."

The young Marvine was stunned to see Claude go down on his knees. His green eyes filled with fear as he looked up at Eliza. His arms wrapped around her waist as he rested his head on her stomach.

"C-C-Claude?!" Eliza did not know how to react.

"Eliza..." Claude's voice was low, completely different than his usual bravado, "I don't know how else to say I'm sorry. Please forgive me and come back to the Golden Deer. Come back to me. I don't want to be here without you by my side. I promise I won't push you away ever again. You'll be my partner in crime until the end and even after that."

Claude's green eyes flashed with concern when he felt something land on his face. Tears. Eliza's blue eyes were wet with emotion as she dropped down to her knees in front of him. She made eye contact with the Alliance Heir and rested her forehead on his, "It's you and me forever, Khalid."

Claude's eyes did not waver from her gaze as she held his hand, "So you forgive me?"

"I did a long time ago," Eliza closed her eyes and caressed his cheek, "Just don't forget who I am, Claude. I can hold my own."

She grinned, "Besides, I'm sure that the rest of the Golden Deer already chewed you out."

Claude had the faintest of smiles, "They did... Even Teach was disappointed in me. That in itself is scary."

Eliza chuckled at his words and brought him to his feet, "I do have one task for you to complete for me then for me to fully forgive you."

"Just name it," Claude said.

Eliza pulled out the broken compass and Claude's eyes flashed with hurt for a second. She sighed, "Do you know anyone who is handy? I didn't mean to break it, but after what happened, I couldn't help myself. I feel really bad considering you bought it for me."

Claude took the compass and ruffled her hair, "Don't even worry about it."

He held the broken compass in hand, "I'll have this fixed by dinner tonight."

He kissed her cheek and Eliza turned red. Claude held her close to him and the young Marvine felt at peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 24 28
Thalia Nansen, Almyran native, has been invited to attend the prestigious Officers Academy as a guest of the Leicester Alliance. Thanks to her best f...
432 23 135
In an alternate universe, a new class is starting their year at Garreg Mach Monastery. You find yourself alone and without any memories near the mona...
32.9K 1.3K 98
"BYLETH, YOU'RE DYING." Those were the words Byleth Eisner had heard her entire life...but it had never rang true. She had always known that the doct...
1.1K 96 48
Discovering Garreg Mach through the eyes of a commoner who was enrolled in the Officers Academy by her wealthy merchant father with the mission to ga...