Royal Republic

By Feransela8

A secret dimension called "The Lost World" where magic casters such as wizards, sorcerers and the like fight... More

Chapter 1:The Day it All Began
Chapter 2:An Expected Meeting
Chapter 3:The Grand Ball?
Chapter 4:The Prince of Elsiera
Chapter 6:Reminiscence
Chapter 7:Entering the Lost World!
Chapter 8:A Mysterious Shadow
Chapter 9:Wrath of the Rain God
Chapter 10:Accursed Destiny
Chapter 11:The Lavaliere's Secret
Chapter 12:Night of the Full Moon
Chapter 13:The Truth Behind the Shadows
Chapter 14:Infernal Abyss
Chapter 15:Beyond the Horizon, A New Journey Begins

Chapter 5:The Special Department

38 2 0
By Feransela8

I don't want to remember what happened yesterday. People these days lack good sense of judgement. Don't they have any sympathy for others!? Thinking about it makes my blood boil! Rey tried to ask me what happened, but I decided not to tell him. I'm too angry to lash out at a person close to me. It's my own problem after all.

Mira-sensei was pretty late today. Since I don't really have anything to do, I chose to read a book while waiting. The book was on sale the other day, so I bought it without faltering. I can say that it was interesting.

The story was about a man who was trapped in a world where darkness lurks around. On the other hand, after hearing about his sudden disappearance, his son decided to go on a journey to find him. I was amused by the author's craftsmanship, to think that he could produce such a masterpiece like this. But...I wonder why I feel nostalgic about it.

"Good morning." Mira-sensei walked in.

"Good morning Mira-sensei!" We all greeted her.

"Everyone please pass your assignments."

Our homework was about building mana stones. I don't really have enough money so I just built a plain one, it can replenish a little amount of energy. After all, the ingredients for making it are very expensive. My classmates built amazing stones, they even decorated it personally. I wish I can do the same but...Like I said, I'm not that rich to afford such luxuries. And the decorations would be removed when it's consumed anyway.

________________________________

Today, the special department will start its class. They said that it was postponed because of the grand ball's preparations. I can't believe it, so they mean that having fun was more important than education?! That explains why rich people has poor etiquette these days. But its in the past now, I'd rather not dwell on it anymore.

"Reanna!" Rey approached me.

"Hello."

"I heard that the special class will be today right?" He asked.

"Yes. But...to be honest, I'm a little bit nervous." I sighed.

"Of course, you will be meeting different people there after all. But it's okay, give it your best." He said before he left.

I was happy that he tried to cheer me up. But I don't think it worked though, I mean I still feel anxious. I can see the girls from my class already gossiping about me. Geez! The principal really owes me a lot of explanations, but...now is not the time to be thinking about it. I ate my snacks and made my way to the special department building afterwards. This is really bad, I don't know where my classroom is. Plus, this place is really huge!

(Thud!)

I bump someone along the way...

"You again!" I heard a familiar voice.

Ehh!? He's the rude guy who bumped me before! I didn't know that he was studying at the special department. He's cute but his demeanor is absolutely the opposite.

"Okay, I'm the one who bumped you this time. Now we're even." I told him assuredly while forcing a smile on my face, at least I'm honest enough to say that it was my mistake this time.

"I don't care." He said.

WHAT!? I was just being truthful to him! There's nothing bad about being polite,
I shouldn't have do so with that kind of behavior he's showing me! What ever happened to kindness being the solution for problems?

"Look, it was just an accident so you don't need to be so mean!"
I was irritated.

"I said that I don't care, that's it!" He said as he turned his back on me and started to leave.

Before he can leave, I tried to ask him about directions to my classroom. Since I don't have a choice, I need to accept a little bit of embarrassment. That's how desperate I am.

"Hey...can you...well the thing is that, I don't know where my classroom is. You see, I'm just new here..."

"So much for your big mouth, I can see that you can swallow your pride sometimes. You're all bark and no bite." He said with a wide grin. Now I wished I didn't ask him.

I didn't bother to think about it, but...how can they expect a new student to find her way that easily inside a huge place like this!?

"Fine I'll lead you there."

____________________________

We arrived just in time. I noticed him going in too. Wait...we're in the same class?!
I knew it, I'm doomed. I hope Seiji doesn't notice me. If he does, I should just ignore him. I don't want to get in trouble because of his mischiefs. My heart was beating so fast as we entered the room.

It was very large! I bet fifty people can fit in. And there was just...ten....TWENTY people inside! What is this? It's like three times the size of our classroom in the chemical department! All the furnitures inside looks very valuable. This is way beyond my expectations.

"These are the new students for this year! Be nice to them." The principal said...wait! THE PRINCIPAL?! Why is she here? She's...our teacher?

The royalties are receiving so much special treatment. Now I know why the girls in my class hate me so bad, because I'll be receiving this kind of treatment soon enough. They must've been dead jealous.

But I feel terribly wrong about it. It's really unfair for the others. Even I would get jealous for something like this, I now understand their detestation.

I can feel everyone's heavy stares at us. How come he's calm in a moment like this?
I suddenly caught their gazes and before I knew it, my body was completely frozen stiff.
Then the principal...I mean Lucia-sensei formally introduced us to the class.

"This boy beside me is Prince Arren Clif Meinston Hogwart de Lousse Seilem of the Atlas kingdom."

Royalties really have long names. How can they memorize all of it? That's just insane.
Okay, another rude prince I see. But come think of it...when I first met him, why is he alone that time? Royalties should have their personal guards alongside them for protection right? Well it's not like the citizens of this kingdom knows about him, I'm just wondering why because it's clearly unusual for rich people to be defenseless.

"And this lovely girl beside him is Reanna Heilin from the Feldunim village. Everyone please be nice to them." All of them widened their eyes out of astonishment. I'm not royalty after all.

Lucia-sensei looked at me while wearing an innocent smile on her face. I clenched my hand as a cold sweat crept down my back. My anxiousness didn't leave me. I kept on avoiding everyone's gazes.

Lucia-sensei ordered us to seat together at the back.
Great...just great! Now he's my seat mate?...I have no choice anyway. But why him of all people...

I caught sight of Seiji, I didn't notice that he was staring at me this whole time.
Lucia-sensei left the room for a moment, I think she forgot something.

"Hey little miss!" Seiji waved at me, beckoning me to go over to him. I tried to pretend that I didn't notice him. But he walked toward me instead.

"Don't call me little miss! I'm not a child anymore!"

"You don't need to be nervous, and besides, you're not my type anyway."
He teased.

"As if! Playboys like you are not my type either!" I exclaimed. Where does he get that confidence!

Seiji began to look very serious, it seems like he's got something in mind.

"You...you're not part of a royal family, right?" He asked me for a confirmation.

I nodded at him. Of course, they're all surprised.

"Then why are you here?"

"Actually, I don't know either. The principal brought me here herself without even giving me a proper explanation." I replied.

That's right, I don't know why I'm here. But...I do know that whatever the principal's motive is, I'm sure that she has a valid reason for it.

"Well, let's leave it to that. Just make yourself useful. After all, this class attracts a lot of danger. You better be vigilant."

Danger? What does he mean by that? Before I could ask him, I saw Lucia-sensei came back already.

"Now, we're gonna be discussing about the plan for the lost world battle."

"The special class will lure the monsters away. All of you are required for close combat, so be careful. The chemical class will be in charge of writing the runes to trap them. Then all of you will join forces to defeat the monsters when they're successfully captivated." She added.

What?! What is this? I don't know what they're talking about! Monsters?! It's like we're suddenly in military training!

"You don't know about the lost world?" Seiji used his magic to speak to me in my mind. He must have noticed my confusion about the subject.

"Of course not! I'm new here remember? I've heard of it but...."

"The lost world is a secret dimension where we all fight monsters to bring about the balance that was needed for the actual world to continue existing. And it is the real motive of this academy. Maybe it wasn't explained well to the chemical class, but the special class plays the most important role in this battle. We have the heaviest task." He explained to me everything. So that's why they were all pampered very well. Because royalties have more power that a special department is assigned to them.

"This school is battling the lost world every year. You've been studying at the chemical class right?" He asked.

"Yes, but I thought that it's only a dimension for training purposes. I didn't know that it was something serious." I answered.

Maybe the academy didn't want the chemical department to know everything about it. This is absolutely not fair. I didn't know that the special department was holding this kind of burden for a long time but us...in the chemical department, were just sitting around to write runes while those with supernatural powers sacrifice their own lives to save the world.

My point of seeing things were completely changed. The royalties were the heroes of this world after all. I shouldn't have said bad things about them. I'm really stupid for thinking that they were just using others for their own gain... I also shouldn't have judged other people without knowing them or what they do.

_____________________________
-🍙RECESS🍙-

"You have been in this school for a long time, right? I can't believe that you don't know anything about it." He laughed just enough to completely annoy me.

"Sorry for the inconvenience!" I shouted at him. Everyone's attention were on us since we got here, avoiding their gazes didn't work at all. I looked at Arren and he's as calm as ever.

"Hey...I have a question."

"Why does the special department has the heaviest task?" I asked Seiji.

"Well----"

"Because we're not just a department, we're an agency. All of us are just their valuable puppets." Arren interrupted.

"Hey! Watch your mouth!" Seiji shouted at him.

Arren smirked at us as he turned his back and started to leave the classroom. I felt his cold expression rapidly changing the atmosphere around us, everyone's eyes were on him. Seiji shot a look of disdain as he watched him leave. I can't blame him for that, this academy belongs to his father the king after all. But...the thought that they are using us as their puppets are bugging me.

"Agency?"

"Yes, this department was called 'special' because it is really an agency. It is also meant for particular services. Like when they send some of us to investigate someone or something. But...it's not illegal of course. We're just finding clues about what or who created the monsters that we fight now. It's very complicated but...father is trying his best to bring an end to this never ending fight." Seiji explained.

His face was beaming with a glow of vividness which I had never seen before. It seems like he doesn't want to talk about something.

______________________________

Rey and I left the school together. I was still thinking about what happened earlier. After recess, Arren skipped the next class. I've never seen him in dismissal either, same goes for Seiji. It's not like I'm worried about them, it's just that they both have the same expression on their face. Like they were rivals or something. But they just met each other right? Maybe Seiji got angry because of what he said earlier.

"Reanna..." Rey stopped walking all of a sudden. I wonder why?

"What's wrong Rey?"

"That book...where did you get it?" A shade of darkness suddenly appeared on his face as he speaks.

"I bought it, it's on sale the other day." I replied.

"I... I wrote it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 1
One day, the Kingdom of Silver gets attacked by the minions of the black witch Maya, leaving the king and queen to make a heartbreaking decision... S...
247 37 36
When the cast and crew arrive in Hammond to film a documentary about life in the medieval stronghold, Ain is seeking something very different than ar...
118 2 39
"You will seek death but you will not find it. You will long to lose consciousness but ever present you shall stay. Finally alone you will shrivel u...
111 37 19
* ONC 2023 Shortlister * "She caught the eye of one of the horsemen, and something in his face caused her to pause mid-step. The man he was standing...