veracity • lashton

By urlashton

SEQUEL OF „NOTICE" A year after a series of unfortunate events, Ashton is healthy and Luke is back. So, what... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.

thirteen.

388 19 7
By urlashton

-Luke-

It was around ten in the morning when I slowly started opening my eyes. I smiled at the smell of his vanilla scented hair, wishing I could wake up to his aroma everyday.

I yawned as I looked at him, still sleeping with his head on my chest. I giggled at the tiny snores he was making, kissing his forehead before gently trying to get up without waking him.

I really wanted to stay, but as you can probably imagine, I have a ton of things to take care of.

I placed a pillow next to him that he hugged instantly, obviously still dozed off. I watched him for a few more seconds, smiling at the view before finally deciding to leave the room.

I pressed the call button to a familiar number while jumping into my car, eagerly waiting for them to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Luke. Did I wake you?"

"Mmh." She mumbled, followed by a yawn.

"Sorry. How did it go with Michael yesterday?"

"It was fine, I'm still at his house." Sierra explained. "I slept on the couch, I was scared to leave him alone. What about Ashton? How is he?"

"A little shaken, but he is alright."

"Good." She sighed, clearly out of relief. "Look, Luke, I-"

"I know." I cut her off. "We have a lot to talk about and we will, but for now I need to find Calum."

"He is most probably at my place. He has a spare key. I can't think of anywhere else he would have gone."

"Smart, I will go check."

"He probably won't open the door for you."

"Well, he may have a spare but I still have the original." I answered, looking at my set of keys. "I'm going to drag him back to the house, make sure Michael is awake in about an hour."

"Will do, see you later."

"See you." I said before hanging up.

I placed my phone on the passenger seat before turning on the engine, quickly driving to Sierra's -and what used to be my- place.

It didn't take long for me to get there, parking somewhere in the driveway.

Okay, I can see Calum's car, good.

With that thought, I made my way to the front door, using my key to get into the house.

Damn, nothing changed at all...

I shook my head, trying not to remember most of the things that happened in here.

"Calum?" I raised my voice, slowly making my way up the stairs. "Where are you?" I continued, stepping in front of the guest room. "Calum?" I asked again, gently knocking.

No answer.

"Alright, I'm coming in." I warned, opening the door shortly after.

I frowned at the empty room with an already made bed.

Where the fuck is he?

I looked around while slowly making my way to the small balcony.

I took a deep, relieved breath when I saw him standing there, his back facing my direction.

"Calum." I said, making him jump slightly before turning around.

"Oh." He replied, uninterested. "It's you."

"Yeah. Just me." I raised an eyebrow when I took a good look at his face. "Did you get any sleep? Your eyes are really red-" I stopped mid sentence when I finally noticed the blunt in his hand. "Oh."

He gave me an up and down look, before staring back at the sky. "What are you doing here, and why do you care?" He asked, taking a puff of his cigarette.

"I don't really care, but Ashton and Michael do so, let's get you back home-"

"I don't have a home. Michael made up his mind and Ashton is angry at me."

I stared at him while he did everything in his power not to face me again. I rolled my eyes, hating the fact that I actually felt bad for him.

With that thought, I silently took a few steps closer to him, now laying both of my elbow on the fence.

"Your feelings are totally valid, Calum." I expressed, which made him look at me with goggly eyes. "But keep in mind that this situation is hard on them, too. Ashton just found out that his sister is actually alive, and as for Michael, you need to understand that all of this just messed with his head. I mean, even I thought you were cheating."

"But I couldn't tell him-"

"I know, and like you said yesterday you were just trying to be a good friend to Sierra, which is not a bad thing. However, you can't blame Michael for having these thoughts when you've been acting like that." I paused as he looked to the ground. "You told him he would have done the same thing if he was in your shoes... but what about you? Wouldn't you have been suspicious of him if he did what you did?"

He tilted his head to the side, facing me silently. "I guess." He whispered after a few seconds, breathing harshly through his nose.

"Okay, then it's settled." I answered, grabbing him by the arm. "Now, let's get you home."

"Uh- can we sit down for a minute? I'm kind of really fucking high right now." He confessed, sounding embarrassed as he threw the rest of his blunt out of the balcony.

I rolled my eyes, letting out a small giggle. "Fine." I dragged him inside, helping him to the bed. "Lay down, I will go get you some water and chocolate before the munchies hit."

"Thanks." I felt his eyes on me as I started walking away. "I still don't like you, by the way." He added, making me stop in my tracks.

I held onto the doorknob, giving him a snobby look when our eyes met again. "Feeling is mutual."

He lifted an eyebrow up, before giving me a smirk that I quickly returned.

Whatever that little rivalry thing is...

He is enjoying it, and so am I.

With that, I shut the door behind me and head to the kitchen.

Knowing Sierra, she must certainly have a stack of snickers bar stashed somewhere...

Ah, bingo!

Alright, now for the water...

I was about to get a clean glass out of the dishwasher, when I heard my phone buzzing.

I quickly took it out of my pocket, smiling at the caller ID.

"Good afternoon, princ-"

"Where are you?!" He asked, rather panicked.

"I'm with Calum right now, at Sierra's." I explained calmly.

"And why didn't you wake me up?!"

"You needed the rest, and I did not want you to worry about any of this." I pouted. "Why are you so worked up? Are you okay?"

He took a deep breath as I stayed quiet, patiently waiting for an answer. "A text would be nice next time. Waking up with you gone gave me bad flashbacks, please do not do that again."

My face quickly dropped.

Ouch.

No, Ashton.

I do not want to be remembered as the guy who slept with you and left, nor as the guy who didn't get to say goodbye.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized instantly, massaging my forehead. "I wanted to surprise you with something nice and did not think about it that way. It won't happen ever again, you have my word."

He sighed. "It's fine, I'm sorry I snapped at you. I appreciate the help." He paused. "Anyway, how is Calum doing?"

"Not so great, but he will be." I tried to reassure him. "I will be taking him home in a few minutes so him and Michael can work it out. Do you want me to come get you after that? Your car is still in their driveway."

"Yes, actually. There is somewhere I need to be, and I want you to come with me."

"Oh?" I frowned. "And where is that?"

I laid my back on the sink behind me, scratching the side of my neck. His silence started to freak me out, and his heavy breathing did not help either.

However, he ended up answering, with words I never thought would come out of his mouth.

"To the women's central jail... I think it is time I pay my mother a visit."

Well...

That was... kind of expected, wasn't it?

.
.
.

Hello lovelies!

I'm so sorry for being absent, BUT I AM FINALLY BACK FOR GOOD! YAY!

I saw 5sos almost 2 weeks ago... time flies!

Anyways, vacation is over meaning I will be consistent again with my updates! :D

It feels great to be back, I missed you guys!

Hope everything is going amazing with yall! <3

Ilya,
-L xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 149 25
"Wanna take a ride home with me?" I blushed. "Sure," --- When Ashton likes Luke for 3 years in his high school year but he doesn't know how to tell h...
87.4K 5.4K 21
luke has a hard time talking to people he is not familiar with, but ashton, has no problem with that. (wattpad has erased chapter one for literally n...
17.3K 800 23
Ashton always felt that something wasn't right in Luke's relationship. Everybody thought it sounded crazy, until it didn't. Or when Ashton started to...
1.9K 66 12
Ashton's managed to evade the public eye for the most part after his turbulent exit from Hollywood years ago, only to be dragged back into the spotli...