i see the light// seaycee

By sandk2125

"it is scary to love when you're not sure you even know how." a high school love story of a school musical, a... More

see you at rehearsals, princess (2)
something special about her (3)
little things (4)
never been kissed (5)
take it slow(6)
threats and invitations (7)
addicted to her(8)
you are my someone (9)
you are radiant kaycee rice (10)
"building chemistry" (11)
in each others arms (12)
if people were light (13)
the very essence of romance is uncertainty (14)
i want to give you your grin (15)
i don't know how to be your someone (16)
anything for you (17)
falling from beneath me(18)
can i be him (19)
she is strong (20)
stop running (21)
just a kiss (22)
he's found his princess (23)
same girl (24)
one-month (25)
curtains closing (26)

auditions (1)

297 7 1
By sandk2125

kaycees pov

"are you sure you wanna do this kaycee?" Tahani asked, looking over at her best friend as she raised her pen to the paper posted to the bulletin board.

"I want to have at least one typical high school experience T." Kaycee replied, writing her name on the list. "and what could be more perfect than the school play! and its not like im going to get the lead or anything... I would be excited to even be a part of the chorus." she slipped her pen back into her backpack as the two girl turned to walk back down the hall.

"can you even sing?" tahani questioned, never having heard her friend even hum.

"I sing in the shower," she shrugged, "I guess we'll find out if i'm any good at the audition." they both laughed, making their way to their next class.

Tahani and Kaycee had been best friends since they were little kids, and had been inseparable ever since. They weren't the most popular girls in school, but weren't the least either. They tended to stick to themselves, typically not being involved in outside school activities. They didn't enjoy high school parties, they would much rather stay at home in their pyjamas eating ice cream. But it was their junior year, and Kaycee had decided she wanted to have a few normal high school experiences, the school musical being her top choice.

This year it was decided that Tangled was going to be the production, much to the excitement of Kaycee, rapunzel being one of her very favourite movies. As soon as the audition list was posted she forced tahani to go with her to sign up.

"maybe you'll be rapunzel, and finally find a prince." tahani joked, laughing with her friend.

"ya like that'll ever happen." kaycee scoffed, rolling her eyes.
~~~
sean's pov

"are you gonna sign up for the musical sean?" julian asked, as they sat down in the cafeteria for lunch.

"ya i think i will this year." sean replied. "i mean it would be pretty cool to be Flynn rider."

sean was a pretty popular guy, always the lead in the musical, girls falling over him all the time, a huge amount of friends. He had the reputation of player throughout the school, everyone knew his name and knew the rumours associated with it. But in reality, sean was just a regular guy, a hopeless romantic, who hadn't found the right girl, and wasn't sure he ever would.

"maybe you'll finally find your rapunzel." julian said to him, giving a small smirk. He was the only one of seans friends who knew the real sean, the one who was happier to stay in and cook dinner than go out and party all night.

"not likely." sean replied, a small look of sadness crossed his face, causing julian to place his hand on seans back, giving a small pat reassurance.

"you'll find her one day dude."
~~~

kaycees pov

It was audition day and kaycee was nervous. she had been practicing for weeks, but had yet to actually sing in front of anyone. She had chosen one of her new favourites, a little more by Alessia Cara, she always loved how much emotion Alessia put into her music and thought it would help her get into character better, showing off her acting as well. She paced backstage, butterflies in her stomach, her hair tied back into braids away from her face, as it always was. There were a few people there from her classes that she recognized, but none that she really talked to before. Kaycee overheard some of the girls near her talking about Sean lew, the school player, and how he for sure had the lead in the bag. She knew about Sean, or at least had heard about him, the constant rumours that circulated the school, a new girlfriend every few weeks only to dump them over text. Kaycee was never one to judge people before meeting them properly, but she couldn't deny the feeling of dislike she felt towards him. He stood in the corner, completely confident, chatting with his huge group of friends. Even with his horrible reputation, kaycee could admit that he wasn't terrible to look at, his messy dark hair and strong build.

As kaycee shook her hands, trying to release some nerves, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket, she smiled as she found a text from her best friend.

Little T💗

good luck today girl! I love and believe in you❣️

love you too t! ill text you when im done💕

im so sorry I couldn't be there kk, i'm cheering for you though!

its ok, wish your mom a happy birthday for me!!❤️

will do, kill it out there like I know you can girl❣️❣️

Kaycees nerves lowered as she placed her phone back in her pocket, feeling lucky to have a friend that was so supportive of her.

"Ok were gonna start our auditions now." a loud voice came out over the loud speaker. "first up, the legend himself, Mr. Sean Lew."

everyone cheered, excited to hear his performance. Sean took quick steps out to the middle of the stage, waving to the drama teacher who was seated in the audience. The music started and kaycee instantly recognized the song to be this town by Niall Horan. She had never heard him sing before, but wow was he incredible, she could now see why he always the lead... it was well deserved. he sang with a softness that broke her heart. She watched him intently from the curtains, tears welling in her eyes.

everything comes back to you...

he finished, breaking character and giving small laugh and a bow before running off, greeted with high fives and praises by his friends. kaycee discreetly wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes, wondering how someone like him could sing like that...

~~~

seans pov

sean's audition had gone well, at least he thought it had gone well. he had sang one of his new favourite songs, his heart breaking every time he heard it, wishing he could relate to it, wishing he had a someone.

he went to sit down on one of the benches on the side of the stage, giving him good view of the auditions, scoping out who else was there. There were a few girls who had done the musicals in the past, some of them leading as his opposite lead, but were never good enough to get it again the next year, there had never been anyone who had just clicked with him. Sean watched a few audition, all were pretty decent, but nothing extraordinary.

"next up... kaycee rice!" the announcer said, as a small girl with dark hair walked sheepishly out onto the stage. Sean had never seen her before, and wasn't sure how he hadn't noticed her. she had a sort of glow that emanated from her, her eyes sparkling from the bright stage lights. She gave a small smile to the teacher and nervously took her place behind the microphone, taking a deep breath before the music started. A simple melody played from the speakers, filling the room with a calm innocence, she opened her mouth to start and sean's jaw dropped.

There you are with your college friends
You played in their marching band
I can't help but wish I knew you then
But I guess I know you now
It looks as if I've stumbled right into the palm of your hand

She sang with a tenderness that made his body freeze, as if she would break if he moved a muscle. Her eyes closed as she swayed slowly with the music, her voice growing and falling with the lyrics.

Hey you
Hey mister knock on my door
I'm sorry that I've been emotions galore
Am I crazy for wanting a little bit more?
A little more of you
A little more, a little more of you...

she finished softly, and the room was quiet. a blush rose to her cheeks as he saw her nerves return.

"wow kaycee." he heard their teacher say. "that was incredible."

"thank you." kaycee replied sheepishly, her blush growing stronger. she seemed so small on the big stage, it made Sean want to wrap her in his arms, to protect her. he was startled at his thoughts, never once had he felt this way so suddenly about someone, for gods sake he'd never even talked to this girl. She quickly walked off, nervously playing with her braids. Sean, stood up from his bench and raced towards her.

"kaycee!" he called, following out of the auditorium, into the back hallway of the school. She turned around, obviously startled to see that it was him who had called her. Sean moved towards her, stopping about 5 feet away, giving her a smile. "that was amazing."

"thank you." she replied, her hands still tugging on her braid, a small smile on her face as she looked at the ground.

"im sean." he said, extending his arm out towards her.

"I know," she said quietly, looking up towards him. he could tell she was uncomfortable, he moved his hand away from her, running it through his hair awkwardly. he gave a low chuckle, trying to break the silence.

"why have I never seen you around school?" he asked her, genuinely curious.

"im not really involved in any school activities, I usually just hang out with my friend tahani." he noted the way her eyes lit up when she mentioned her friend, making Sean smile back automatically.

"what made you decide to audition then?" he questioned, leaning his shoulder on the wall of lockers.

"I wanted to try something new, have a couple typical high school experiences... and I love to sing and even though i've never sang in front of people, I figured I may as well give it a shot. The musical just seems like so much fun, I'd be so excited to even just make it into the chorus." she shrugged her shoulders, clearly unaware of how talented she was.

Seans mouth opened in shock. "that was your first time performing onstage???" he asked, bewildered at how that was possible, she was a natural.

"I mean, yea." she said, a small giggle escaping from her lips. "why? was it awful?" she said quickly, a small panic settling on her face.

"no no no! absolutely not!" Sean assured, he reached over to touch her shoulder not really realizing what he was doing. he felt a spark as he touched her, making shivers all over his body, realizing what a mistake his action was as he saw the look of fear cross kaycees face, he quickly pulled his hand back. "sorry." he stuttered, looking towards the ground.

"im sorry Sean, but I have to go." she said, his heart immediately dropped as he saw how uncomfortable he had made her.

"oh ok, ill see you in rehearsals?" he asked, hopeful that he hadn't destroyed whatever this was.

"if I even make it in." she said as she took a few steps away before turning back to face him, giving a small smile and a wave.

he watched her til the last second she was visible to him, placing his head in the palm of his hand as soon as she had turned the corner.

"ugh im such an idiot.." he muttered to himself, turning to return to the auditorium, already dreading the hold the small girl had on him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 285 21
Rose lives in Toronto with her grandmother and her sister Haley. She doen't has girls as her friends, but she has got a friend, who is like a brother...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
205K 6.5K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
603K 21.8K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...