Twisted Wonderland Book 1: Th...

By PinkiePieSweets

Briar and her friends are beginning their first day at Night Raven College, but Ace shows up unexpectedly wit... More

Chapter 1: The Desperate Heart
Chapter 2: A Misappropriated Tart
Chapter 3: Garden Decoration
Chapter 4: Student Multiplication
Chapter 5: A Class Escape
Chapter 6: A Carbonara Scrape
Chapter 7: A Traditional Lesson
Chapter 8: The Legendary Seven
Chapter 9: A Mealtime Chat
Chapter 10: A Garden Spat
Chapter 11: Secret in the Oysters
Chapter 12: Egg Destroyers
Chapter 13: Past Improprieties
Chapter 14: Delicious Varieties
Chapter 16: Hard Work Undone
Chapter 17: A Rule Slip
Chapter 18: A Surprise Tip
Chapter 19: Punishment Escalation
Chapter 20: Rookie Frustration
Chapter 21: A Duel Ill-Advised
Chapter 22: Soundly Chastised
Chapter 23: Magic Unchecked
Chapter 24: An Unhinged Prefect
Chapter 25: A Sad Little Child
Chapter 26: Feelings Reconciled
Chapter 27: Five Second Rule
Chapter 28: Finale for Heartslabyul

Chapter 15: An Army of One

58 2 0
By PinkiePieSweets

Late at night, Sereia and Trinket are fast asleep, but Briar struggles to go back to sleep after the shock she just had. She is so shocked that she struggles to go to sleep, but she is so tired that she feels like sleeping.

Like the night before, the mirror begins rippling, signaling Briar to walk over, even though she's half asleep.

Soon, Briar slowly opens her eyes to find herself in the maze.

Shelooks around and says, "This... this is almost like what happened last night... So.... is this another dream...?" But why...?"

Soon, Briar notices figures appearing before her. There she sees Alice on the ground, along with a woman holding a rose bush from the bark, and seems to have been pulled out from the ground, including the roots.

The woman has a massive physique. She also has fair skin, black eyes, and black hair tied in the back with a red headband. She dresses in a black-and-red gown with black-and-yellow stripes. Beneath her gown are a pair of white bloomers with a heart pattern and she wears red heels on her feet. Atop the queen's head is a small, gold crown, signifying her authority. She also dons matching gold earrings.

Seeing the woman, she can't help noticing, "That woman looks very familiar."

Unknown to Briar, this woman is known as the Queen of Hearts.

The queen angrily says, "For painting my roses red, someone will lose his head!"

Briar becomes stunned to hear the queen's statement. And just then, the three cards from before appear before them.

The Three of Clubs panics, "Y-your majesty, if anyone's to blame, it's him!" and holds a paintbrush.

Then the Two of Clubs panics, "Have mercy, your grace. It was the Ace!" and points to the Ace.

The queen glares, "So it was YOU."

The Ace of Clubs panics who has a paint bucket on his head, "Gah, no. It was the Two!"

"Then he will pay," The queen angrily says.

The two of Clubs panics, "It was the Three, I say!"

Then the Queen of Hearts shouts, "Enough of this! OFF with ALL their heads!"

And soon, the other card guards begin to take the three Club cards away, leaving Alice behind as the crowd cheers.

A Two of Diamond Card says, ""A fitting end. Color, you can't mend."

Then the Three of Spades says, "Everyone knows the roses should be red."

Soon, the scene just disappears in a blink of an eye, leaving Briar to think of what she has witnessed.

"But they're just roses! Why is she getting all upset about a bunch of roses?" Briar says to herself in thought.

The next morning, Briar and the others are still asleep in their bedroom.

Briar soon wakes up and lets out a yawn.

Then she rubs her eyes, ""What a strange dream?"

And rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

She then sees the others are waking up as well.

Sometime later, after getting dressed, Briar and the others walk down the stairs.

And are soon greeted by Deuce, "Good morning Briar. The unbirthday party is today. If we're late, well, you know..."

Briar yawns a little and says, "That's right... The party's today."

Suddenly, they hear the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"Hmm? It sounds like you have a visitor," Deuce replies.

"I wonder who's here at this time," Jasper replies.

Briar walks to the entryway and opens the door. To her surprise, the visitor is Cater.

With a big smile, Cater happily says, "Good mooorning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and card games?"

A little tired, Ace yawns and says, "Oh, good morning, Cater. We did play some cards, yeah. But only Old Maid, 'cause that was the only one Grim knew how to play.

"And I still got the old maid every time, dang it!" Grim says, frustrated.

"Let's just say Grim doesn't have a very good poker face," Deuce says.

"Surprisingly, he's actually pretty bad at it," Sereia replies.

Well, you should get one of the tarts we made yesterday and go apologize to Riddle. And you should probably hurry, because after the trouble yesterday, we're a little short-handed," Cater says.

"What does that mean?" Ace asks.

"What kind of trouble?" Briar asks.

But Cater says, "Don't worry. I've totes got it under control. Anyway, off to the party we go!"

Sometime later, everyone arrives in front of the Heartslabyul Dorm.

"All right, so I'll hand over the tart and say I'm sorry, then-" Ace says.

But just then, a boy who looks like Cater, but wearing what P.E clothes walks in and says, "Hey, it's about time I got back! Good to see me!

Then the Original Cater says, "And me! Looking good as always, me!"

Everyone is beyond shocked, "Bwuh?!"

"Th-there are two Caters?!" Deuce says in shock.

"Are you guys identical twins?!" Ace adds in shock.

But the School Uniform Cater says, Nope. Don't have any siblings. What I DO have is my signature spell, Split Card. It lets me make magic duplicates of myself."

"This must be how Cater kept coming after we beat him over and over again yesterday..." Deuce says.

Then Tanzanite says, "You're right. He can make multiple copies of himself."

Just then, a Cater wearing a labwear appears, "Welcome home, daaarlings."

Followed by the Cater wearing a ceremonial robe, "Good to see you, Briar and friends!"

Then P.E Cater says, "You're late! I was worried sick!"

Ace exclaims in shock, "Bwah! There're more of them?"

P.E Cater says, "J-S-Y-K, I'm actually the real Cater. Making these duplicates is suuuper exhausting, so I can't maintain them for long. Anyway, if we're late, heads will roll. And since we're several people short, we'll need your help. But when this is over, I promise I'll take you straight to Riddle."

"So we're going to have to paint more roses?" Sereia asks.

"What, MORE roses?" Grim asks, confused.

"And here we go again!" Ace says, annoyed.

"You can say that again," Briar says.

Then P.E Cater happily says, "Get the lead out, peeps! We need to get started!"

And soon enough, the group find themselves at the Rose Maze again, and ready to paint the roses red, once more.

Then the original Cater says, "Okay, mes! Split up and get to painting this yard red!"

"Kay-kay!" The other three Cater answers.

Then the three Cater walk off.

Then the original Cater says, "As for you freshman, you'll be sticking with me and my roses."

Ace sighs, "I'm so over doing this the hard way..."

"Whining won't get it done. Buckle down already," Deuce replies.

Then Cater says, "I'm gonna update my Magicam first..." He quickly brings out his phone, updates his Magicam and says, "JK! Time to hustle!"

And so, the group begins to paint the roses red, some with magic, and some, mainly Ace, have to paint the roses with a paintbrush and paint bucket.

Deuce waves his wand and says, "Red... Red... RED!"

Then Deuce casts the spell and the rose turns red.

"Ooh! Smooth move! We'll be done in time for the part at this rate, no problem!" Cater says with a smile.

"Anyone would be a master at this after all the work you put us through yesterday," Ace replies.

"You're still upset about that, huh," Jasper says.

"Still a bit mad about it," Ace says.

"I'm not happy with what happened either," Jasper says.

Just then, Briar says, "Alright you guys, let's do it together."

"Yes Briar," Sereia says.

"Yeah!" Grim says.

Then shouts as he casts the spell, "Myah! Myyyaaah!"

Then along with Briar and Seria, they cast the spell at the rose bushes and the roses become red.

Cater laughs, "Haha! Even Briar Sereia, and Grim's going all in on this one!"

"I have to admit, you're starting to get the hang of using magic. Are you sure you haven't used magic before?" Ace replies.

"I never did. Well, not that I could remember anyway," Briar says.

"Anyway, you're doing a good job. Now, let's continue," Deuce says.

Everyone agrees to the idea and continues to paint the roses red. In a way, they also end up having a little fun using magic to paint the roses red. Ace however, he's stuck to painting the roses red the old fashion way.

Sometime later, everyone finished painting all the roses red, except this one on the bush.

Deuce notices it, "One more to go... Rose, be red!"

Deuce then waves his magepen and casts the spell to change the rose red.

Grim cheers, "Myah... that wasn't easy, but we still got it done!"

"So what's the verdict, Cater? You better LOVE it!" Ace asks, kind of sound demanding.

"You wanna know if it makes the grade, huh? Okay..." Cater says.

Then Cater happily says, "Survey says: Lookin' fresh, freshmen! Gold Star and an E for effort!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 1.7K 30
During the opening ceremony at Night Raven College, there was one coffin that was never opened and the headmaster wondered why the coffin never been...
1.7K 41 39
(Black Butler x Twisted Wonderland) Some time after the events of the Spelldrive, the time has arrived for Ciel and his friends to take their final e...
48K 2.2K 45
Lucien Valentin, a self-proclaimed outcast, is now trying to expand his none-existing social circle. It's not too late to start socializing now that...
1.4K 3 41
Winter Break has arrived, and Briar and her friends are staying at campus for the time being. However, their break has cut short when Jamil from Scar...