The Dark Monster

By Izzayy_k

This is the story of a simple, kind and innocent girl, Flora Williams who lives with her father in a small vi... More

A/N
Prologue
1. Her Life
2. Peter
3. Victor's purposal
4. Warning
5. Rain
6. Achilles king
7. Away from home
8. He wants you
9. Not afraid of you
10. Don't lie
11. Cottage
12. Sick
13. Awoke
14. Shopping
15. A new Friend
16. Amanda's past
18. Abducted
19. Achilles
20. Trust broken
21. Healing
22. Punishment
23. Regrets
A/n
24. Don't cry
25. Last day
26. Forgiven
27. Leaving
28. Journey
29. New home
30. Jane's request
31. Father's anger
32. Confrontation
33. Reconcile and war
34. Wait
35. Tortured
36. Saved
37. Jane's end
Epilogue

17. Escape

7.1K 214 13
By Izzayy_k

A few days passed with me spending most of my days at Beatrice's cottage and only coming to sleep here in his house. I also cook dinner and breakfast for both of us. A few days ago I came to know that a lady came when I was out to clean and do our laundry which explains the clean house and clean clothes. I am used to of doing my own work so I told the lady that she doesn't have to clean my room and wash my clothes, it took a lot of persuasion on my half before she accepted. She was scared of Achilles, so I told her she doesn't have to worry. I will deal with him.

I think Achilles has started trusting me now that I won't escape, which I will definitely do. Me and Amanda are trying to make plans, but it's difficult when Beatrice is around us all the time. Me and Amanda both asked Beatrice to talk to Achilles to allow me to go out in the village. It was a very hard job persuading her but somehow she made it possible she talked to Achilles and today morning he told me that I can take a walk around the town with Amanda but not before giving me a threat that if I try to escape he will find me and then will punish me. I won't say I am not scared, I am. His tone and threat were not just a threat it was a promise that he won't spare me if I tried to leave. But I won't step back. This is not my life. My heart will come to peace when I will be back in my home with my father. I won't stop until I leave here.

There was a knock on the door, and I got excited, expecting Amanda on the other side. I was about to open the door when Achilles glared at me, and I stopped in my tracks and glared at him as he went to open the door. It was, in fact, Amanda and Fin.

I ran to wear my cloak and waved at her.

"Let's go," she said. She didn't even glance at her brother, who was looking at us.

"Sure," I said as I stepped out of the door. He grabbed my arm from behind.

"Don't try anything, I won't forgive," he said and eyed both of us.

"Come on, it's just a walk. Don't be so dramatic," I huffed. Both Amanda and Fin gasped. I just gave them a side look, not knowing why they are so shocked. Oh yes! No one disrespects him. I looked at him, and he was fuming with anger.

"I mean, don't worry .. you know..uh bye, " I said and freed my hand from his grip and went to stand with Amanda.

"Hurry," I whispered, not looking back at him.

"Come to the mother's cottage in the evening to get me," she said softly to Fin, and I gawk at her with shock, and then a small smile came on my face. She is giving him a chance. I looked at Achilles he was frowning at me. I looked at Fin, who was also surprised for a second, but then he nodded at her.

We walked side by side to the direction of the main street.

"What was that?" I asked her with a smirk.

"What?" She said and was blushing.

"I am happy for you, I hope you find your happiness with him." I smiled, and she smiled back at me.

"And you! Do you have a death wish? Don't talk to my brother like that. He is very cruel, and you don't want to see that side of him, " she said, a little sacred and concerned.

"I don't know with him. I can't control myself," I said

"He annoys me a lot," I complained.

"I know, but try to tone down your anger a little or else we will be back to where we started," she said, and I nodded.

"I will take care of it," I said.

"Okay now, this place has four exits which lead to the forest. It's in the middle of a forest, so there is no other way out of this place other than the forest. But the main problem is the forest has many deadly animals." She told me, and I looked at her with worry.

"But don't worry, I am trying to find a safe way where there are fewer chances of you to face them." She told me.

"There are guards all around the boundary, but at late in the evening, the guards change position, and the guarding place is left empty for two minutes, and those two minutes will be your way out. You have to be quick. I will arrange a horse for you, " she told me and pointed towards a place from where I could see forest. She then pointed discreetly towards the guards who were walking around the boundary fenced with metal wires. There were about 5 of them here.

She then took me to a side walking along the fenced boundary and to a more secluded place where there was no one but two guards.

"From here you will escape," she whispered quietly.

"These guards leave this place when sun sets, and it takes two minutes for the next two guards to take this place," She told me.

"But how will I be able to ride a horse through the fence and 2 minutes are too little," I said.

"This is our only option, my brother has a very tight security around the perimeter and these two minutes are a blessing for us and about that horse you will find it on the other side few miles away from here to the east." She told me.

"How will you go out?" I asked her.

"I have my ways," she said with a wink, and I smiled at her.

"When will I escape?" I asked her.

"After two days but first you have to do something," she said with such seriousness.

"What?" I asked.

"You have to steal a map from my brother," she said.

"That was a nice joke," I said.

"Do you remember the way back to your village?" She asked me.

"No."

"Then you have to get that map," she said.

"I could have asked Fin, but then he will know that something is off and let me tell you he is very loyal to our king," she scoffed.

"But I don't know where his office is," I said.

"Don't tell me," she said with astonishment

"What?" I asked, confused.

"The first room on the ground floor is his office, and he kept all his valuable possessions there," she said, and I opened my mouth in oh.

"You have only tomorrow to steal it or tonight," she said.

"I will try," I said internally. I was scared that if he caught me.

"You can do this," she said, grabbing my hand in assurance, and I nodded with a small smile.

"Let's go back to cottage or else brother will come himself.
**************************

Rest of the day spent with Beatrice, when it was time to go back I hugged her one last time because tomorrow I am not going to come here, I have to steal that map and then the next day I will leave this place. She looked confused by my long hug, but I smiled at her.

"Bye, Ma," I said, and I saw her eyes glint with happiness and tears in her eyes. This time, it was her who hugged me with.

"My child," she cooed. Someone cleared their throat from behind.

"Let's go," he said, slightly impatient. I glared at him and waved at Beatrice one last time. I will surely miss her and Amanda. After making dinner, I slept.

In the morning, I woke up and made breakfast for him. I was unusually quiet today, and he was looking at me with a little frown.

"Why are you so quiet today?" He asked.

"I am just a little tired," I said with a making a tired face.

"Are you sick?" He asked with a little hint of worry.

"No, not yet, but I think I will be," I said and looked at him to see for his reaction.

"You are not going out today. Go and rest in your room. If you need anything, tell me I will be in that room. " He motioned towards the second room, which Amanda told me about.

"No, no, you can go to your work or.. wherever you go. I am sure I will be fine after sleeping a little, " I panicked. He raised his eyebrow at me.

"I mean, I don't need your help," I said with annoyance. Don't try to fail my plan! Go out, please. I prayed.

"I am going in my room," I said and went upstairs in my room.

I waited for three hours, and then I heard footsteps outside, I immediately laid down on my bed, covering myself with sheets. I closed my eyes, feigning sleep. I heard someone enter my room and walk towards my bed. He checked my forehead for any sign of fever when he didn't find any, so he sighed in relief.

Then I heard him go out of the room and then more footsteps and open and close the outside door. I sat up and ran toward the window. I saw him going somewhere. I sighed, but then he stopped and was about to turn around, but I sat down on the floor immediately. I just hope he hasn't seen me and that he won't come back. After a few minutes, I stood up slowly, and I saw he was not there, I think he had gone.

I ran out of the door downstairs and towards that room, I tried to open the door but it was locked.

"No please God" I ran towrads his room to find a key to this door. I went to his closet and looked around, there were only clothes inside. I opened one drawer, and there was a key there. I held it in my hand and went downstairs. I fumbled with the key, and after a few tries, it opened with a click. A happy smile came on my face. I entered the room, and the first thing I saw was a big table in the middle with 3 chairs, one on one side and two chairs on the other side. There were papers scattered on the table, mostly maps of all sorts. I look for the map that will take me to my village. After looking around, I saw that map. He had already made a red mark on the village name. I smiled happily.

"Thank God," I said and was about to leave the place when my eyes fell on something. I held it in my hand and opened it.

"My book, he took it," I said when I looked at my lost book. The story of a beauty and beast, I never thought this story would turn out true for me. I kept the book in its place and went out, I locked the door. And then went upstairs to put the key back to its place.

I hid the map under my pillow once I was back in my room. I had to tell Amanda that I had it, I hope she has done her part.

In the evening, there was knock on the door. I went down to open it, and I saw Amanda on the other side.

"Have you found it?" She asked instantly, and I nodded.

"And you?" I asked.

"It's done, but there is a change of plan," she said and looked worried.

"What happened?" I asked.

"We have to do it now," she said.

"What?" I was shocked for a moment.

"I am afraid someone will know if they saw the horse there, and someone told Fin that I went out today and he asked me a few questions. I think he has a doubt on me, so we have to be quick.

"But the guards.." I said.

"We will find a way, now take that map we are leaving," she said and pushed me towards the stairs. I ran upstairs and took the map. I came down and wore my cloak.

"Not that, wear mine," she said as she gave me her cloak, and we walked out of the house.

"Cover your face with hood," she said. We reached that place but hid behind the tree. There were two guards standing there.

"Now what?" I mouthed to her. She gave me a bag which I didn't notice she had with her. There was water, some coins and food in there.

"Thank you," I whispered, and she hugged me.

"Don't forget me," she said with tears in her eyes.

"I will never." I also had tears by now.

"Once you reach your village, you will take your father and run away as far as you can. Got it?" She said sternly, and I nodded.

"I will distract them," she said and went towards them, she start talking to them about something. She looked in my direction, giving me a signal and taking it as chance. I walked out of my hiding place and made a run towards the fence. I carefully pass through it, trying not to get stuck. Once I was on the other side, I gave her a last glance and then ran away. It was already dark, making it difficult for me to find a way, but thankfully, the moon has graced its dim light. I found the white horse bound to a tree. I freed the reigns of the horse from the tree and patted it. Then, I sat on the saddle, I opened the map and observed the direction. Once I found it, I put it back in the bag and pulled the reigns of the horse towards freedom.

"I am coming, father." I smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 69 39
Gwen Christine Nichols is a weak girl left alone with her abusive father. Her brother and boyfriend disappeared and her mother died in the hands of h...
Charade By Greatliar

Mystery / Thriller

79 16 16
I knew it wouldn't be long before, everything would be exposed. And I was pretty prepared for that moment, especially with the presence of a girl who...
19 1 5
She's always trusted the land she's come from, she has (mostly) done as she's told to appease her father. She hides her imperfections, hides her thou...
Captive{ated} By Gabs

Mystery / Thriller

285K 12K 45
"First you captivated me... then you held me captive." Evelyn was like most college-aged girls working a part-time job when she met Caleb, who came i...