Edge Of Revenge

By inkandanalysis

Rivia has been reborn as Davia, consumed by a burning desire for revenge. Along the way, she meets The Avenge... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 1

1.4K 55 2
By inkandanalysis

DAVIA

Strolling around the garden wearing a thick coat as winter started, a maid in tow just behind me, we arrived at what seemed to be a frozen lake seeing two children dangerously playing on the ice.

"Who are they?" I asked, the maid followed my line of sight.

"The gardener's twins, Mistress." Ava, the maid, answered, "I believe they're both eight years old. The boy's name is Noah and the girl is Donna." She added. 

My eyebrows furrowed, a voice rang through my mind as I stared at the twins.

'I had a sister. Donna.'

Hissing in pain as I grasp my head, the voice continues to echo in my mind.

'She, uh... She died when we were kids.'

'How?'

'We were... playing on a frozen lake, and...'

A scream broke my thoughts, the boy screaming his sister's name with tears streaming down his cheeks as he tried to catch the hands of his panicking sister. 

A curse escaped my lips as I quickly approached him.

"My sister fell through the ice. Save her, please." The little boy cried. 

"Calm down and go a safe distance away from the lake. I'll save her." I answered, the boy nodded his head and obediently obeyed what I said.

Turning towards Ava, "Grab a branch." I ordered and carefully slid near where the girl was. 

As Ava handed me a sturdy branch, quickly placing it on the ice for the girl to grab on. 

"Help me pull her up." I said, Ava quickly nodded and laid on her stomach beside me. 

"Donna, grab the branch." I said to the girl, "Hold on tight." I added as we slowly pulled the stick towards us. 

"That's it. Very good. You're going to be okay." I muttered as we continued to pull the branch, quickly grabbing her hand and letting the crying girl settle on my lap.

The girl tightly hugged my neck as she loudly wails, whispering comfort words to her as I carry her in my arms towards the shore where her father, Elijah, waits with his eyes glistened with tears. 

"Donna! Oh, thank you so much Mistress for saving my daughter." He said, gently grabbing the trembling girl from me and engulfing her in a hug. 

"Don't let them play near the frozen lake again. We don't know what might happen to them." I said, Elijah nodded his head and carried his crying son. 

Approaching them, giving the girl a smile, my hand softly caressed her face.

"It's okay. Don't cry. You're safe now." I said, "Change their clothes immediately and go to the kitchen. Give them some hot cocoa." I added, Elijah nodded his head and left after saying his thanks once more. 

"Mistress, we should change your clothes too." Ava said.

Nodding my head, my eyes went back to the frozen lake. 

'She fell through the ice. I couldn't save her.'

Shutting my eyes and inhaling a breath, the voice came back. My heart immediately ached hearing how painful the voice was. 

'So, that's why you wanted to become a doctor.'

'Yeah, but now I can't because of what happened.'

Tightly clenching my first as my head started to hurt the more the voice echoes in my mind. 

"Mistress!" 

The concerned voice of Ava brought me back as she held my arms and my body slightly leaning on hers. 

"We must go inside now. Master Frederick will surely be mad at me for not taking care of you." She said, a bit of fear in her tone. 

As soon as I entered my room, maids immediately prepared a warm bath, undressing myself and sinking into the tub with hot water and dark colored rose petals floating above. 

A sigh escaped my lips as my body immediately relaxed, maids came in and offered to massage my body which I accepted. 

"Elijah wanted to say how grateful he is to you, Mistress." Olivia, one of the maids, said, nodding my head as I closed my eyes. 

"How are they?" I asked, Olivia massaged my hair earning a satisfied hum from me. 

"They've already calmed down and are drinking some hot cocoa as per Mistress ordered." She replied, nodding my head as they continued what they're doing. 

After a few minutes, I got up and accepted the white satin robe Ava handed over. Nodding my head, everyone left, leaving me alone inside my room. 

Grabbing a nearby towel, sitting in front of the vanity as I dry my hair. As my eyes found my reflection, recalling the voices earlier. 

"You should know how to knock, Frederick." I said, interrupting my thoughts as I sensed him standing behind me. 

Frederick chuckled and gently grabbed the towel from me, placing a kiss on my temple as he proceeded to dry my hair. 

"I was going to surprise you." He stated, a smile appeared on my lips.

"Which you clearly failed to do." I replied, nodding his head as we laughed.

"You're early." I said, our eyes met through the mirror.

"I just miss you." He answered, raising my eyebrow as he chuckled, "I heard you saved one of Elijah's twins." He added, nodding my head as my reply. 

"Such a wonderful lady you are, Davia." He said, rolling my eyes as he laughed. 

"Why are you here, really?" I asked, impatiently. Frederick kissed my temple as he touched my hair and placed a light kiss on it. 

"So impatient." He whispers in my ear, "We have to attend an assembly." He added as our eyes met.

"Where?" I asked, curiously.

"Vienna." He answered. 

Wearing a black suit as Frederick and I approached two men. 

"Your Majesty." Frederick greeted the older man, earning a smile from him. 

"Mr. Windsor you came." He said as his eyes found me, "And who is this beautiful lady beside yours?" He asked.

Smiling at him as Frederick placed his hand on my back, "Davia, this is King T'Chaka of Wakanda. Your Majesty, this is Davia Bazin." He said. 

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty." I muttered, I was about to give a courtesy when he lifted his hand stopping me.

"You don't need to do that, My Lady. Before I forget, this is my son.." He said, a proud smile on his face as he introduced the younger man beside him, "T'Challa." He stated. 

"My pleasure to meet you, Your Highness." I said, earning a smile from him.

"Likewise, Ms. Bazin. Mr. Windsor." T'Challa replied, nodding his head at us. 

"If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." The man on the speakers stated. 

Frederick and I bid our goodbyes as we settled on the last row. Furrowing my eyebrows as I sensed something is not right from the very moment we entered the room until now. 

As my eyes scanned the whole room, everyone was listening as King T'Chaka spoke. Everything was alright but the feeling of relentlessness was still inside me. 

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy."

Biting my lips as my head began to hurt, a hand immediately grasped mine as my eyes found Frederick looking at me worriedly, exhaling a breath as I forced a smile. Straightening my posture as I patted his hand, feeling the cold metal from the ring he's wearing and reassuring him that I was fine.

"We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative."

"Avengers." I mumbled, a memory flashed inside my mind. 

There was a green space, laughter filled the area. I was sitting on a bench and I was leaning on someone. 

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!"

My thoughts were interrupted when T'Challa yelled. A curse escapes my lips, Frederick pulls me towards him as an enormous explosion goes off between two buildings and destroys the conference hall.

Glass shattered and there was black smoke outside as everyone started to exit the room, panickily. There was ringing in my ears as I wandered my eyes around. 

Frederick's concerned face appeared in front of me, his hand enclosing my face as he opened his mouth saying something but I couldn't hear anything.

Seconds later as soon as the ringing died down, "We have to get out of here." Frederick said, pulling me up with him. 

My eyes went to the side of his face noticing blood, gasping as we arrived outside.

"You have a wound." I said, lightly touching his face earning a hiss from him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I muttered as I quickly grabbed a handkerchief and softly dabbed on his injury.

Grasping my hand as his other hand wiped my cheek, oblivious to the fact that I was already shedding tears in front of him.

"I'm okay." He mumbled, closing his eyes and leaning to my touch.

Shaking my head, "You're clearly not, Frederick." I said, earning a smile from him, "Why are you smiling?" I scolded. 

"You're adorable. Why are you crying, My Lady?" He asked, earning a scoff from me.

"I don't know, maybe I'm happy that you obtained a wound." I sarcastically replied, earning a chuckle from him.

"I'm okay." He said, softly caressing my face with his thumb.

"Yeah, say that to your bleeding face." I countered, earning another chuckle from him. 

After Frederick's got treated, my eyes found T'Challa who sits on a bench looking stunned. 

"I'll be right back." I muttered, Frederick nodded his head as I approached T'Challa sitting on the next bench.

"I'm very sorry." I said as news of King T'Chaka reached us.

T'Challa glanced at me, holding an ornate silver ring which he toys between his fingers.

"In my culture death is not the end. It's more of a . . . stepping-off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt where . . . you can run forever." He said as I listened to him.

"That sounds very peaceful." I replied, my eyebrows slightly furrowed as I naturally said those words like I've heard someone say those before. 

"My father thought so." He stated as he put the ring on his finger, "I am not my father." He added. 

As T'Challa stood up, I slowly took a step forward and lightly patted his shoulder giving him a smile which he returned.

"Thank you, My Lady." He said. 

"If you need any help, Frederick and I will help you anytime, Your Majesty." I replied, T'Challa nodded his head and left. 

Biting my lips to stifle a smile, I turned around and was on my back to Fredrick when I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." She said, nodding my head without looking at her. I continued to walk, a smiling Frederick welcomed me as soon as our eyes met.

"What would I be without you?" He playfully asked.

"Dead." I simply replied, earning a laugh from him, pulling me closer to him as he placed a kiss on my temple.

"Our work here is done. Let's go home." He said, nodding my head as we left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 1.2K 25
A story where a not-so-normal girl finds herself soulmates with the Avengers - but does she want to be? Avengers X Soulmate no. 10 - #thorodinson no...
Outlander By sha

Fanfiction

560K 16.8K 46
Enter the thrilling world of Rivia Jones, a brilliant surgeon at the height of her career. But her life takes a wild turn when she suddenly finds her...
20.7K 814 14
Another one of Starks failed experiments causes a rift in Universes causing their Actor selves from another Parallel Universe to come through. Steve...
The Tower By Kate

Fanfiction

626K 14K 29
-18+ ONLY. Minors DNI- "How does someone with no superpowers, no real discernible talents, and a whole lot of baggage end up being the girlfriend to...