An Owl House Fanfiction (Empe...

By BrittaDreamer

A few weeks after Luz arrives in the Boiling Isles, there was another human. However, she lands in the Empero... More

Prologue: Sleeping Beauty
Part 1: Dawn
Part 2: Awakening
Part 3: New Life
Part 4: Confrontation
Part 5: Silbi
Part 6: Emptiness
Part 7: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 1
Part 8: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 2
Bonus Chapter: Oracle Dream
Part 9: The Witchling Moves In
Part 10: Settle Your Claws
Part 11: Midnight Discussion
Part 12: The Wild Witch
Part 13: A New Season
Part 14: Feels Like a Dream
Part 15: The Training Begins
Part 16: Powerlessness
1st place?! Whooo!!!
Part 17: Unicorns, Gnomes, and Frogs! Oh, My!
Part 18: Prince Charming
Part 19: Lost in the Music
Part 20: Hunter and Silbi Moments [UPDATED 1.0!]
Part 21: Raine Whispers and Doubt Sprouts
Part 22: Distrust
Part 23: Luz and the Dream Spell
Part 24: Philip Wittebane pt. 1
Part 25: Philip Wittebane pt. 2
Part 26: Darius and Terra
Part 27: The Head of the Abomination Coven
Part 28: Jealousy
Part 29: Prophetic Nightmare
Part 30: . . . Friend?
Part 31: Yulong, Silbi and Belos
Part 32: Empress and the Blights
Part 34: Precautions
Part 35: Lore and More
Part 36: Hollow Mind pt. 1
Part 37: Hollow Mind pt. 2
Part 38: Hollow Mind pt. 3
Part 39: Separation
Part 40: Hurt
Part 41: Broken
Part 42: Torment
Part 43: Silbi Sliverling and Thy Creature
Part 44: Lucid Tales of Grim Romance
Part 45: Deceitful Lovers pt. 1
Part 46: Deceitful Lovers pt. 2
Part 47: Bountiful Heart pt. 1
Part 48: Bountiful Heart pt. 2
Part 49: Day Before Unity
Part 50: The Day of Unity pt. 1
Part 51: The Day of Unity pt. 2
Part 52:The Day of Unity pt. 3
Part 53: The Day of Unity pt. 4
Part 54: The Human Realm

Part 33: Belos and Dawn

1.7K 45 42
By BrittaDreamer

Silbi splashes the water around her and plays in her bubble bath. Dawn, with her sleeves rolled up, was washing and scrubbing Silbi's body. She washes off the abomination gunk and tossed the dirty clothes in the laundry basket to be washed later.

"Dang, this stuff was hard to wash off," said Dawn before wiping her brow. "Okay, Silbi. I think you're done now."

"Goo!" Silbi chirps while Dawn picks her up and wraps her in a towel.

She helps Silbi dry off and uses her ring's magic to dry Silbi's long hair. Dawn looks away to grab a brush when Silbi disappears from her sight. Dawn blinks and looks around for the witchling. "Silbi? Silbi!"

"Hide and Seek! Round 2!" declared Silbi as she runs off half-dressed.

"Silbi!! Come back!! You need pants!!" called Dawn and chased after Silbi.

Silbi runs around in her large T-shirt while Dawn chases after her. The witchling scurries out of their room and escapes and waves her little arms around. Emperor Belos was on his way to see the girls when Silbi bumps into him.

"Papa!" giggled Silbi playfully. "Hide me! Hide me!"

"Silbi, darling, why are you half-dressed?" asked Belos confused.

"Goo! I'm playing with mama!" said Silbi when they heard Dawn's voice. "Silbeeni! Bring your tiny tushy back here!"

"Uh-oh. Papa, hide me!" Silbi scurries to Belos and hides underneath his emperor's cloak.

Belos looks down at his little girl baffled when Dawn comes rushing in. "Oh! Belos! Hi! Did you see Silbi? She needs her pants."

"No clue, but it is very unladylike to run around the castle pantless," replied Belos while Silbi giggled under his cloak.

"Mm-hm." Dawn narrows her eyes and crosses her arms.

Dawn steps closer to Belos and continues to stare at him suspiciously. Suddenly, she grabs Belos by the collar and spreads his cloak apart.

"Oh, my word." His eyes widen surprised and blushed a bit.

"Mama found me!" chirped Silbi and giggled.

"Yes. I. Have. Now put your pants on," said Dawn and picks up Silbi. "I told you not to run off, Silbi, and don't use Belos's cloak as a hiding spot."

Silbi giggles with Dawn putting pants on her when Belos teasingly comments. "I don't really mind, however, I must say that was quite bold of you, my dear."

Dawn replies, "Anyone wearing a long cloak will make any child tempted to hide underneath it. It's science. All I did was pull your cloak aside and reveal Silbi. Easy as---"

Dawn then squeaks and blushes deeply after realizing what she has done. Belos smirks delectably making Dawn blush uncontrollably. "No!! Don't make that face!!! I-I-I didn't mean it like that!!!"

"You just couldn't wait, could you, my dear?" asked Belos enticingly.

Dawn tries to hold back her squeal while Silbi tilts her head confused.

"Run along, Silbi. I need to steal your mother for a moment," said Belos as he takes Silbi from Dawn and puts her down.

"Goo?" Silbi looks back at her parents before scurrying off again.

"I-I should really join her! Can't leave her alo--Eep!" Dawn was then pulled into the emperor's arms. "Ah-ah. You and I need to talk."

Dawn was taken away, but it was for an actual talk. Her beating heart tries to calm down while Belos laughs lightly.

"It wasn't funny," pouted Dawn.

Belos counters, "You only have yourself to blame, love. Anyways, how did the business trip go? Hunter said you did a good job and was truly inspiring."

"I didn't do much. Hunter did all the work," answered Dawn uncertainly.

"Don't be so modest," said Belos as he glance at her. "He said you were a great empress."

Dawn holds Belos's arm but looks downward doubtfully. She then asks, "Belos, you've never called me empress before, nor talked about it. Does this mean the rumors are true? Do you plan on marrying me?"

Belos stops in his tracks and turns to face Dawn. He let out a heavy sigh as he tenderly takes her hand and squeezes it lightly. "Dawn, I know everything seems untraditional and I'm sorry for the confusion. However, I do want you by my side. I promise, after the Day of Unity, I will ask for your hand properly."

Dawn stares at Belos before removing herself from him. "But I-I'm not ready for marriage, let alone be the empress. Will the witches even accept me as their empress?"

"You needn't worry about them too much, love. The Titan deems you worthy," said Belos, who takes her hand and kissed it lightly. "And you needn't say yes right away. I understand."

"But I don't want to make you wait either," said Dawn and lowers her head while thinking of her plan.

"Dawn . . ." Belos lifts her face to his and kissed her lips deeply.

Dawn kisses him back before they parted and press their foreheads together. Belos continues, "You are perfect just the way you are, and don't you worry, my dear. Things will be different after the Day of Unity. I promise."

Despite his kind words, Dawn was still unsure. Even if she wanted to say yes, she had a feeling they couldn't be together. She tried all she could to change Belos's mind but he's determined to "follow" the Titan's orders.

Belos noticed her expression and slowly pulls her closer to him. He smiles and said, "Why don't we do something special for tonight, my love? A break from all these troublesome distractions."

"You? Taking a break? Won't that get in the way of your preparations?" asked Dawn as she raises a brow.

"One night won't harm our schedule," answered Belos. "Besides, I'd rather be with you more, Dawn. You should know that already."

Dawn blushes and averts her eyes from his charming face. "W-Well then, I guess it's okay with me. I just need to find someone to babysit Silbi. Though it might be last minute so . . ."

Belos then suggested, "Perhaps she can sleep over at a friend's house? I assumed you two met other people during your outings."

"That's actually not a bad idea," said Dawn as she thought about Luz and Eda.

Another idea popped into Dawn's head and she couldn't help but smirk. She said casually, "There are a few options, but I bet Darius could do it. He seems to get along great with Silbi."

Belos frowned when she mentioned the Head of the Abomination Coven and narrows his eyes at Dawn. "Why, in Titan's name, did you think of him? I doubt that would turn out well."

"Because he was nice to Silbi on her birthday and treated her with gifts?" answered Dawn with a smile.

Belos stares at her suspiciously and replies, "That's not a very good reason to choose him, Dawn."

"You're right, but I only said that to tease you." Dawn giggles after seeing Belos frown more, like some jealous little boy.

"Oh, how dare you," said Belos with an irksome tone. "I'm the emperor."

"And I'm the empress and that's what you get, so deal with it," countered Dawn, who crosses her arms and stick out her tongue. "Nyah!"

Belos irritably stares down at his young lover while restraining a smirk. He finally chuckles, "You're such a playful little thing, aren't you, Dawn? I can't wait for what our future will be like together."

Dawn gave him a small smile yet she had conflicting feelings about their future. She dreams of giving Belos a happy and peaceful life, but something inside tells her it would never happen.

Belos tells Dawn to meet him at the west side of the castle, where he had a special little surprise for her. Dawn nods in agreement and made plans to find a babysitter and look for a dress.

~~~

Through a crystal ball, which acted as a video chat device, Dawn made contact with Luz.

"Of course! Silbi's gonna have a blast here at the Owl House," said Luz and added, "We're gonna make popcorn, watch movies, tell stories, and dress up King in cute pj's!"

"That sounds great! And thanks again, Luz, I know this is last minute," said Dawn as she fixes her hair up.

Luz smiles and replies, "Hey, no problem, prima!"

Dawn gave Luz a smile while Luz's smile slowly forms into a worried frown. She asks, "Um, I know this is none of my business, but . . . what do you see in Belos?"

"Huh?" Dawn turns to Luz and releases her hair. "W-Well, he's a gentleman, sweet, hospitable---"

"I said Belos. Emperor Belos," said Luz as if correcting something. "You do remember how he acts, right? Towards wild witches?"

Dawn sighs, "I know. I know! But I just can't tear myself away from him! He's . . . He's handsome, okay?!"

Luz made a face and asks, "Are you into old dudes?"

"I am not into old dudes!" exclaimed Dawn quickly as if expecting that and blushed. "A-At least . . . I didn't think I was before. Ugh! I don't know, okay?!"

Dawn exhales a heavy sigh and leans back against her chair. "I just thought if I could reach out to him I could make him change his mind. Make him a better person. Not right away, but give him something else than the life of the emperor."

Luz raises a brow and comments. "You're kind of like Hunter, but you want to change him? You think you see something good in him, but, Dawn, Belos is straight out evil! He might even be using you."

"No. You're wrong," said Dawn firmly and faces Luz. "He loves me, and he loves Silbi. If I could just find out why he's evil, then maybe . . . maybe . . ."

"But what if it's too late?" asked Luz. "What will you do then?"

"I . . . I have something, but I don't know if it will work," said Dawn.

"What is it?"

"Luz, I--"

Silbi enters the room from her playroom and carries a bunch of toys with her. Yulong helps with Muk-Muk in his jaw. Silbi tries to smoosh all the toys in her duffle bag when some popped out. The pretty doll, Lila, falls out when Dawn picks her up.

"Silbi, you can't take all of them," said Dawn with a smile.

"But friends want to play, too," replied Silbi.

"Only bring one friend. It's just going to be for one night," said Dawn and placed Lila on Silbi's bed.

"Okay . . ." pouted Silbi while Yulong place Muk-Muk in the duffle bag.

Silbi giggles at Yulong and pets his head.

Luz smiles and calls out, "Hi, Silbi! We'll be here waiting for you, okay?"

"Okay!" chirped Silbi and packs more things.

Dawn had already prepared Silbi her clothes, toothbrush, pajamas, and such. She turns back at Luz and touches the crystal ball. "I'll talk to you in the morning, Luz. I promise."

Luz stares at Dawn worriedly but nodded before the crystal ball turns off.

Dawn helps Silbi prepare her things while Silbi puts Lila on a shelf. Once Silbi was ready she opens a portal and placed her duffle bag inside when Dawn hugs her and kisses her head.

"Be a good girl, okay, Silbi," said Dawn.

Silbi chirps, "I will, mama! Have fun with papa! Bye, Yulong!"

Yulong was too lazy to wave his stubby arm as he yawns and turns positions on the bed. The girls giggle and then they hug one more time. Silbi nuzzles in Dawn's chest before leaping through the portal, where it takes her in front of the Owl House.

"Okay! Time to get ready," said Dawn, hands on her hips.

Dawn went to get ready while Yulong lazily turns again when he looks up at the shelf. He glares at Lila and growls threateningly as Dawn picks out a dress for date night.

It wasn't her first date with Belos, but they haven't done much since Belos was always busy and Dawn was in her cursed sleep. They've only had a few dates together and they were nothing big either. There were also evenings when they'd spent the whole night together and to Dawn, those nights were special.

Dawn fixes her hair again and looks around for a specific hairpin on her dresser. "Huh? Where is it? I thought I left it here somewhere."

Yulong glances at his owner and then turns back to the shelf.

Lila was gone.

Yulong's eyes widen and frantically searches the room. He turns around and spotted Lila on the top shelf just above Dawn's dresser. Lila grasps the gold hairpin in her little hands and raises it overhead. Yulong sees she's getting ready to jump and quickly panics. Yulong rushes over and tackles Dawn, pushing her down to the floor.

"Yulong?! Oof!" Dawn exclaims as she falls down.

Lila growls before dropping the pin to the left side and sneaking away to the right. Dawn hears the hairpin and looks back to see it land on the floor. "Must've fallen from the dresser. Yulong, what is wrong with you?"

Yulong looks up at the top shelf and then back at Silbi's bed. Lila had quickly returned to her spot where Silbi left her. Yulong glares at the doll and launches himself towards it when Dawn grabs him.

She asked, "What is wrong with you, Yulong?"

Yulong tells Dawn, through his little dragon growls, about how Lila almost tried to harm her. Dawn raises a brow at her palisman and then looks up at the doll. She sighs, "Yulong, I don't have time for this. There's no way Belos would give Silbi a cursed doll."

Yulong argues back saying otherwise and how Lila would try to hurt Muk-Muk numerous times. Dawn replies, "They're just dolls, Yulong. Now, I gotta get ready but don't go messing with Silbi's stuff. She complained how you try to steal her toys from her."

Half the time Yulong would keep Muk-Muk to himself to protect it. Other times he'd take Lila away from Silbi and toss it in the toy box. Yulong lowers his head guilty.

Dawn let out another sigh and lightly pat Yulong's head. "Belos wouldn't use anything to hurt us, Yulong. If he has, I'll confront him about it. Okay?"

Yulong nods his head while Dawn gets ready for her date. The palisman glares at the doll while Lila stares back at him mockingly.

~~~

Dawn had her black hair up in a high ponytail tied with a gold hairpin. She wears a purple dress with a square neckline, high waist bodice, ruffled hem, and loose long sleeves. Dawn also wears low wedge summer sandals with white straps.

Hunter, who will escort Dawn to the west side of the castle, knocks at her door. Dawn meets with Hunter and follows after him, wondering what was Belos's surprise. They walked to the west side and stopped in front of a room, that Dawn had never visited before.

Hunter opens the two huge doors for Dawn and the sight inside made her gasp. A grand ballroom was lit with many orbs of light hovering near the ceiling, illuminating the golden splendor. Streamers made of vines with flowers circled around the room. On the left, Dawn spots giant crystal formations, but are actually ice sculptures. On the right, is a table for two with a floating candelabra as Belos lights the third candle with his magic.

Belos had his hair back in a ponytail, too, and wore a simple white jacket, dark grey pants, and a white, thin shirt with a black vest. (Just imagine a cleaner, slightly modern, and fancier version of Philip's old clothes. This part drove my brain nuts.)

Belos turns around and meets Dawn with a smile. "Welcome, my dear. Do you like what you see?"

Dawn blushes but was in awe by the sight before her. "Yes . . . You did all of this?"

"Most of it, yes. I had some assistance from Head Witch Mason and his Construction coven," answered Belos.

"Wait, so this whole room is new?" asked Dawn. "You've never had a ballroom in this whole castle before?"

Belos replies, "There was no need for one. I'm not some charlatan who throws grand balls every day, but I thought you might like it, Dawn. This is all for you."

Dawn's eyes widen at Belos and then turn her gaze back at the ballroom. Belos walks toward Dawn and bows to her like a gentleman. He offers his hand, not gloved, to her and smiles. "Shall we?"

Dawn blushes deeply but smiles back and accepts his hand. Hunter leaves them while the couple enjoys their romantic date together. They eat a delicious meal and chat about other things, mostly about the human realm. Belos let Dawn talk about her home since he was curious about what it was like now.

Later, they dance in the ballroom with music coming from the flowers magically. Dawn was enchanted and smiles happily. Belos loves her bright smile as he held her close in their waltz.

He comments, "You look heavenly tonight, my dear. Truly exquisite."

"Thank you, and you're very dashing yourself," replied Dawn. "But I think I wore the wrong outfit for this kind of date."

Belos chuckles, "Perhaps I am a bit rusty with my courtship skills. I suppose all of this is too old-fashioned for you."

Dawn blushes and smiles. "But I like old-fashion. It's romantic."

Belos gave a relaxed smile as if she had accepted a part of him unknowingly. The couple dance the night away and would not part from each other. Dawn forgets all her troubles and savors this moment with Belos. She wanted to stay in this fairy tale dream forever . . .

"I love you, Belos."

"And I love you, too, Dawn."

. . . If only that were possible.

(Three . . .)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 254 46
AU: What if instead of going to her regular school Luz Noceda attended St. James School? What if she were to meet and become friends with a group of...
21.7K 712 33
She came from almost nothing and ended up with everything. You'd think he had everything, but it was practically nothing. Two teenagers with big repu...
33.8K 1K 42
Luz thought it was finally time to leave the Boiling Isles and go back home. Once she got back, Camila didn't agree with her sneaking off for the Sum...
6.7K 179 16
***I own not the characters mentioned in this story. All characters belong to their rightful owners/creators. I own only the fanfiction story.*** "Fi...