Infinity| A Time After

By Burakku_Herufaia

Alright TBATE fans who are looking for fan fictions for this novel series! Here you go~ Arthur, after the dea... More

~First and last~
~First and last pt.2~
~Death~
_Reawaken_
+Months+
|Wreckage|
|Sorrow|
|S a v i o r|
|Tera Firma|
|A r c a n e|
|Fan Art|
|The Trial|
|The Art Of Knowledge|
|Civilitic Insanity|
|Sent from afar|
|Victoriad|
|Victoriad pt.2|
|Victoriad pt.3|
|Victoriad pt.4|
|Victoriad pt.5|
|Explanation|
|Omnipotence, The True God|
|Remember...Please|
|God killer|
|Home|
|My Story|
|Outcome|
|Mission|
|Mission pt.2|
|Next|
|Next pt.2|
|Next pt.3|
|Next pt.4|
|Next pt.5|
|Truth|
|Escalation|
|Threat|
|Threat pt.2|
|Threat pt.3|
|Coming Back To You|
|Fan Art|
|Peaking|
|Peaking pt. 2|
|Peaking pt.2 1/2|
|The Beginning of the end|
|Truth Be Told|
|Encounter|
|Another Decision|
|New Outlook|
|Forgiving|
|Forgiving pt.2|
|Before The End|
|Insuing Battle|

|Leave Or Die|

1.4K 62 39
By Burakku_Herufaia

Hello fuck nuggets!!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Okay, so do to me preparing for fall classes in order to attend Johns Hopkins Uni, my usage schedule is skewered :(

For now, I will be posting random updated chapters up until I have a solid schedule to follow.

These chapter could be every few weeks or multiple updates in a week. Please bare with me for the time being, and be patient.

Thanks for reading this book guys, I really do mean it. You all have inspired me to be a more creative writer and author.

Okay enough sentiment!
ONWARDS!!!

__________**********__________

|Arthur's POV|

The tunnels in the outskirts leading into the Dwarven kingdom are cool and damp despite the heat from the desert above. I stayed at the forefront of the squadron, using small blasts of wind as a makeshift sonar to detect foreign movement.

Nothing but the sound of multiple muffled footfalls could be heard outside of the bated breaths of the soldiers behind me, ready and on guard for any sudden attacks. Mica and her cousins lead us further through the winding tunnels, knowing the maze of the underground kingdom like the skin on their hands.

While gramps walks beside me, I could catch him side eyeing me, seeming to want to say something, but instead opting to stay quiet for now. I am quickly pulled from my thoughts as Regis suddenly darts out of my chest and rushes ahead. Right after, I felt my small blasts of wind gently hit multiple figures way ahead of us.

"There are several people twenty meters ahead of us. Stay on guard and be vigilant, there could be dwarves among them." Was all I needed to say as everyone readied their weapons. Both Mica and I rush forward, the heavy sound of rushed footfall behind us echo in the vast tunnels as we continued on.

"The gates!" Mica shouts as she begins to slow. The gates themselves are mana reinforced, making them sturdy and nearly unbreakable. Standing in front of the gates are ten Alacryan soldiers, five on each side. I race past Mica, lifting away from the ground rapidly as the foreign soldiers begin to shout and their spells launched in my direction.

I did nothing to avoid the spells, letting them harmlessly graze me so they didn't hit the people behind me. I watched their eyes widen as their shouts grew louder, until I crash straight through the gate, taking them with me by aether imbued threads. I swung them a few meters away, not harming them too much. Dicathian soldiers pour in from behind me, Mica flying just above me as we gazed upon the site before us.

The entire space was riddled with Alacryan soldiers, seemingly guarding the dwellings of several dwarves. It went silent as I let my pressure run freely from me in waves, only targeting the foreigners as they collapsed under the pressure of my killing intent.

Dwarves coming out of their dwellings, staring down my Dicathian troop with hope. More and more came to stand, a few even coming to fall behind us for protection. I could see tears fill Mica's eyes above me as she watched her people cower behind us. The dwarves here looked bruised and broken spirited, probably from trying to fight back but to no avail.

"Lance Mica! You've come, you're really here!"

"Please, they made us do this! We didn't want to!!"

More and more dwarves spoke up despite being fearful, hope glistening within them with their sights set on the lance representing the dwarves. Mica descends in front of me, standing proudly before the kneeling Alacryan soldiers as a child runs to her, cowering behind her with her tiny hands clutching Mica's pant leg.

I could see my fellow lance fists tremble as the air dampened with her emotions. Varay was next to come forward, beckoning for the Dwarven civilians to come to her. Bairon comes forward with numerous soldiers, taking the civilians away from what could possibly be a bloodbath.

Women, children and men alike battered and broken all rushed at the sight of protection, and I felt my blood boil.

"Mica, I know you want nothing more then to end them, but that can wait for a later date." I call out softly as I place a hand on her shoulder. She looks up at me in disbelief, opening her mouth to protest, but as her eyes trace my features she relents, along the child still clutching at her leg and walking back. She gives me a stiff nod as she turns to her people.

My attention then falls back to the Alacryan troop, still under the effects of my aetheric intent. They choke on they're breath, waiting to meet their end as they stare at the dust covered ground. Silence falls in the open cavern as I walk forward, coming to stand right over top of them.

"For those of you who wish to live; leave. This portal will take you back to the docks of your continent. Those of you that wish to fight, I'll make sure your deaths are more painful then the deaths of those you've killed." I lift my aetheric intent just enough to let them talk and move, albeit sluggishly. My multi-toned voice resonates within the cavern as I watch the soldiers before me finally catch their breaths.

A portal warps into existence beside me, runes in an ancient language glowing ethereally around the portal that took on the shape of a doorway. On the other side, I could see the bewildered faces of Alacryan civil workers on the docks. The shadow of ships could be seen, as the civil workers opt to stay away from the portal.

Good, they aren't dumb.

One after another, the soldiers rush to the portal, falling through on the other side with teary eyes.

Based on their reaction, they must've been forced to come to Dicathen. I wouldn't doubt it, the tears and shouts of reprieve says it all. This war was unwanted and forced.

I'll make those forces regret the day they even thought about starting this war.

The cavern was left in a deep silence as the last of the soldiers rush through the portal with me promptly closing it after sending multiple orbs of aether through, aiming to destroy any remaining ships in their docks and the docks themselves, without harming the civilians. The runes shimmer out of existence as I turn to everyone behind me.

"Y-you just let them go?! They killed hundreds of us!!"

"How could you just let them safely return home after all they've done to us?!!"

"You should've killed them! Some Lance you are—"

As the protests continued, I grew agitated. I let my aura pulse from me, quieting them all in an instant.

"Just as they have killed many of us, we've killed hundreds if not thousands of them. Whether you know it or not; they were forced to be here. Just as every soldier of dicathen is commanded to kill them, they are commanded to kill us. Neither side wanted this war, needless bloodshed is not an option I'm willing to choose in good faith." As the both the Dwarven civilians and soldiers of dicathen soak in my words, they all advert their gazes from me in guilt.

"As much as you would like to see them dead and gone, we have also killed their brothers, sisters, husbands and wives. It's painful for both sides, so understand this and understand it well; I will not allow careless and needless bloodshed." The resonant hum from my aura seemed to actively calm them as I retracted my pressure, feeling the weight of their pain, hatred and sorrow.

"Well said, brat."

_________________

As we continued on, every Alacryan we came across was offered the same proposition. Only a few stayed to fight, calling their kin cowards; berating them as they left and met an unfortunate end immediately after by Mica. I let the small Lance let out her anger and frustration on the very few hostile Alacryan soldiers, knowing that she was doing so on behalf of her kin.

"Guess they actually bit the dust huh?" Regis says aloud with an amused lit. His wolffish face contorts into a smirk as he looks up at me. I roll my eyes, listening to the soldiers and civilians behind me fail to keep their laughter at bay.

Mica's way of revenge was simple.

Smash them.

Into the dust covered ground.

With gravity magic.

And poor Regis here was being used as a garbage disposal.

By now, our troops had already made it to the capital of Darv, having already rid the city of Alacryan soldiers and officials. The soldiers were ordered by gramps to spread out, bring the Dwarven civilians to the square for questioning as well as to set up tents for purposes to give out rations and medical aid.

"..Can t-touch him?" The little girl from earlier, timidly walks near me with a quiet voice. She couldn't have been over the age of three and was honestly quite adorable. With deeply tanned skin; a milky brown color with long untamed curly hair and piercing honey brown eyes, she looked something akin to the baby dolls of my previous world.

"It's fine, come here." I said gently as the small girl toddles forward. The shirt and shorts she wore riddled with holes and covered in grime, something that looked like dried blood. I took her smaller hand in mine and led her closer to Regis, who stood silently with an unreadable expression.

He flinched if only a small bit when the girl smooths out his flame like fur, a look of awe and wonderment passing over her features as her eyes lit up like stars.

"The fiwer don't burn! It's cold!" She squeals cutely as she brings her other hand to rub through my companion's fur.

'I went through her memories. Her parents were killed while trying to protect their home.' Regis voices in my head as my heart clenches. No child should have to go through that. He then moves to nudge her chest, brushing his mane against her in comfort as the girl begins to shake.

"Mama a-and Papa s-said wovs are dangerwous." She begins to cry. Silently, I take her into my arms as I stood. With her head buried in the crook of my neck, I let my aura hum just a bit louder, a gentle melody resounding around me and catching the attention of others. Unfolding my wings, I encased her in warm white feathers that act as a makeshift blanket, trying my best to comfort this traumatized little girl.

I could tell that she weighs a lot less then what a normal child her age should weigh. And from the smell of old metal coming from her, I could tell that the blackened grime on her is indeed dried blood.

She flinches harshly as I gather water from the atmosphere to wash away the grime, warming it a bit for her. Afterwards, I promptly summoned warm wind to dry her completely as she relaxes once more in my hold. Laying her head to rest against me, she plays in the more fluffy feathers nearest to inside of my wings before her movement ceases and after a few more minutes, her breaths even out.

"That's one hell of a soft spot you have for kids, Leywin." Bairon voices as he, as well as Mica and gramps come to stand near me. I stare at him blankly as Regis chortles.

"You do realize that said Leywin has kids of his own right?" Gramps question in amusement with a silvery brow raised.

"She was left orphaned. Her parent were killed protecting her and their home apparently."

"What are you gonna do then? No one is looking to adopt a child at a time like this you know."

"....I'll take her."

__________**********__________

New character that I made on a whim

Don't judge me damn it.

Anywhore, like I said, random updates with be posted for now until I have a stable schedule!

What did you think? Did you enjoy the chapter??

Comment!

See ya!
(2,039 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1.5K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
107K 8.2K 200
(Could have spoilers from Light Novel) (Some things are changed for the purpose of the story) This is Novel 2 of this FanFic, Novel 1 is only called...
40.3K 1.5K 31
After Arthur and Regis bring back Sylvie and Tess, they fight there way through Alacrya and Epheotus. They put an end to their enemies but at the cos...
25.5K 459 12
~I stepped backwards but tripped and landed on the floor. Still crying, I saw Loki getting closer to me.~ You come from a line of people who have sp...